PDA

View Full Version : Trading and Furniture Guides sub-forum

Mr-Trainor
11-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Ok so I was wondering whether the stickied thread 'Trading and Furniture Guides (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=629900)' is the best place to put the guides in the Anything About Trading and Furni forum, which was originally created because there were too many stickied threads in that forum/potential stickied threads in that forum. However, I personally think it's much harder now to find the guides you want, and many people might not even realise that, for example, there's a WIRED Guide in there, or an Accidental Release guide in there because first you have to go to the guides thread to even know that it exists.

So would it not be easier to have a subforum, i.e.
-- Anything About Trading and Furni
-- -- Trading and Furniture Guides

Not only would it be easier to find the guide you want, and not have to look at all the guides at once (which having them all in the one thread is harder to scroll and has too much information at once), but people can also reply to them - which someone tried to do to the unstuck version of a guide recently, only to have the thread closed - which can be useful if people need more information or want to suggest updates to a guide, and maybe people will be more likely to make a guide as well :P.

As for the last part about people actually making guides, and as a separate idea, maybe there could be some kind of reward for having a guide moved to the guides forum (just like having your room moved to the elite rooms forum etc) or just something like this (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=720719&p=7280680#post7280680) - although thinking about it again, I guess this forum isn't exactly in need of tutorials like the Design forum :P. Anyway, just wondering what people think about the sub-forum idea mainly.

edit
and omg some of these images have been deleted: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=629900&p=6321752#post6321752 - that's like the best guide ever :P, does anyone have those images saved?

Zelda
11-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I really like this idea actually. I know I actually wrote 2 of them in there, and one of them consists of about 7/8 large news articles stuck together, and stuff like this would be more useful stuck in another forum really. Sifting through all those posts to find what you need when a sub-forum would work much nicer just seems pointless tbh.

Chris
11-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Not a bad idea. Lets see what others think before making any changes. :)

Samantha
11-01-2013, 11:25 PM
If you're going to do that why not do guides for other forums too, or just a guide forum in general. Can't they be put on the main site though?

Mr-Trainor
11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
If you're going to do that why not do guides for other forums too, or just a guide forum in general. Can't they be put on the main site though?
Like what forums though? There already is for the Design and Development forum, and there's a lot of Trading and Furniture guides already in the thread which is why I've suggested a sub-forum.

Jordan
11-01-2013, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't really like a guides forum. I don't see many guides being created anyway and aren't many posted on the main site.

Samantha
11-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Like what forums though? There already is for the Design and Development forum, and there's a lot of Trading and Furniture guides already in the thread which is why I've suggested a sub-forum.

Graphics, those guides in there I don't agree with Nick; reposting them. He can just move them like the trading ones.

Nick
12-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Graphics, those guides in there I don't agree with Nick; reposting them. He can just move them like the trading ones.

i decided to go on like the graphic guides thread :P I think it should be done because lots of people might miss what they are looking for, but then again, not many are being posted.

Mr-Trainor
12-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Graphics, those guides in there I don't agree with @Nick (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=75119); reposting them. He can just move them like the trading ones.
Oh just seen that now, but at least they're all on one page whereas in the Trading and Furniture guides thread it goes on to the next page :P. The Graphics one is a lot easier to navigate.

I wouldn't really like a guides forum. I don't see many guides being created anyway and aren't many posted on the main site.
There's already nearly 15 stuck guides in the thread, and others are made but not added to it/not stuck. I personally don't think a low quantity of guides should be the reason for it not being created :P.

scottish
14-01-2013, 01:45 AM
I don't see whats wrong with keeping it as a thread

First post clearly contains links for each guide, creating a subforum for it just seems pointless

Fairly sure most people go to hx.com for the guides anyways not the forum.

And only having 51 views? not even a popular thread tbh..

Mr-Trainor
14-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I don't see whats wrong with keeping it as a thread

First post clearly contains links for each guide, creating a subforum for it just seems pointless

Fairly sure most people go to hx.com for the guides anyways not the forum.

And only having 51 views? not even a popular thread tbh..
It has 15,600?

lawrawrrr
14-01-2013, 12:22 PM
It's had 51 views since the 'Users who have read this thread' thing was implemented, that's a good few months. A whole subforum will probably be under-used, the thread as it is could use a revamp but is fine being 1 stickied thread, especially as it's so easily navigated because of the links on the first post.

Kardan
14-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Why are things like this on the forum and not on the main site? Personally I don't see any reason for it to be on the forum...

lawrawrrr
14-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Why are things like this on the forum and not on the main site? Personally I don't see any reason for it to be on the forum...

because some people don't use the main site, and people ask questions about wired and stuff, then are directed to the corresponding guide.

Kardan
14-01-2013, 01:46 PM
because some people don't use the main site, and people ask questions about wired and stuff, then are directed to the corresponding guide.

So because people dont use the main site we should have the main site content on the forum? Thats wrong in my opinion, in that case we should have rare values and news articles on the forum...

I can understand people asking questions about guides, but isnt that what the 'questions about habbo' forum is for?

lawrawrrr
14-01-2013, 01:47 PM
So because people dont use the main site we should have the main site content on the forum? Thats wrong in my opinion, in that case we should have rare values and news articles on the forum...

I can understand people asking questions about guides, but isnt that what the 'questions about habbo' forum is for?

Well we pretty much do, with the post your deals and suggest values forums, and the news articles are nearly all covered in Habbo News & Rumours or Current Affairs. It's not a big deal, it's one thread, when the guides on the main site are a little bit more comprehensive.

Kardan
14-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Well we pretty much do, with the post your deals and suggest values forums, and the news articles are nearly all covered in Habbo News & Rumours or Current Affairs. It's not a big deal, it's one thread, when the guides on the main site are a little bit more comprehensive.
I don't mind the one thread, but suggesting a sub forum for something that should be kept on the main site is a bit silly. And suggesting rare values and news.and rumours isn't what i meant by having site content on the forum. Its like news reporters pasting their articles on the forum and having a subforum with threads for each rare and their price.

lawrawrrr
14-01-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't mind the one thread, but suggesting a sub forum for something that should be kept on the main site is a bit silly. And suggesting rare values and news.and rumours isn't what i meant by having site content on the forum. Its like news reporters pasting their articles on the forum and having a subforum with threads for each rare and their price.

yeah i agree that a whole forum is overkill, but i don't think the thread on the forum should be deleted when it probably will be used...

Kardan
14-01-2013, 01:59 PM
yeah i agree that a whole forum is overkill, but i don't think the thread on the forum should be deleted when it probably will be used...
It depends on how different the forum guide is.to the site guide. If the site guide was improved there is no harm in linking people to the site and even having a redirect link or something for a few weeks incase people think it has been lost forever. That's just what I would do anyway, I can imagine things will probably just stay as how they are.

Mr-Trainor
14-01-2013, 03:30 PM
The ones on the forum are made by users, whereas the ones on the main site are made by the Content staff.

Martin
14-01-2013, 03:33 PM
I think its fine as a thread really, the last one was made quite a while ago, and if we are removing other forums due to inactivity (;)) then I dont see the point in creating a new one that wouldnt be used frequently, but is more of an "archive" of content. The thread itself is nice though and I think 51 people viewing it is an okay figure really and it will have helped someone im sure so no harm at all having it as a thread as it is now, and simply adding a new post should another be created. No use creating seperate forums when its all nice and neat in a thread for those who wish to go looking for it xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!