PDA

View Full Version : Sounds strange

GoldenMerc
12-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi,

Uhm I was listening to music and its suddenly pretty much cut the music off on the right speaker, ive changed my speakers to another pair (well headset) still same problem, iv tried youtube to see if it was just spotify playing up and its not, not sure what else to check, obv iv checked wires as iv swapped the headsets over...
Any ideas?
Ross

peteyt
13-01-2013, 01:18 AM
I know this might sound obvious but have you tried checking your sound settings to make sure it's not set to one side only as you can adjust a slider in the settings so that one side gets more or all. If set in the middle it is equal. Also try updating your sound card drivers.

GoldenMerc
14-01-2013, 07:10 AM
A restart a few times fixed it? odd, cheers for the help thjo

:Markster:
14-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Here's my question for you, did you have skype open at the time and were you in a call by any chance? Cause skype is known for blocking all other sounds on your computer...

GoldenMerc
14-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Here's my question for you, did you have skype open at the time and were you in a call by any chance? Cause skype is known for blocking all other sounds on your computer...

Yeh, Sometimes I go into calls while having music on, so could have sort of messed it up

Empired
14-01-2013, 04:11 PM
I find when my music cuts out that I have to restart Spotify AND shut off Skype to be able to hear things again?

xxMATTGxx
15-01-2013, 05:59 PM

Yeh, Sometimes I go into calls while having music on, so could have sort of messed it up

There is an easily solution to that:

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2013/01/15/szmGi.gif

Also turn off automatic adjustments in Skype itself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!