PDA

View Full Version : Removal of the runescape section

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:09 PM
for the.. 12th time? when is it expected to be back. I'm not being a **** or anything but that section has been added and removed more times than liquidluck has probably posted in papoy.

http://i.imgur.com/JuZvk.jpg

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:11 PM
It's never been removed?

It's been brought up several times, the subforums within runescape have been developed a few times but the runescape forum has never been removed until yesterday..

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:12 PM
It's never been removed?

It's been brought up several times, the subforums within runescape have been developed a few times but the runescape forum has never been removed until yesterday..

thats what im talking about though, redesigned, merged its all the same thing, the section has been removed, brought back, removed brought back again. Can't it just stay as it is. I like browsing that section from time to time but now I really cba to dig through a section that has things that aren't related to runescape. At least have bloody sub forums for god sake. Is it expected to come back again when activity increases (which usually happens) ?

Inseriousity.
13-01-2013, 05:13 PM
It's been removed at least once before because I remember being in support of bringing it back. I've never really been in there for a while now though so not sure how active it was.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:14 PM
thats what im talking about though, the section has been removed, brought back, removed brought back. Is it expected to come back again when activity increases (which usually happens) ?

The section has never been removed?

The section used to have 4 subforums which has been changed a few times then went down to 2.
The section got asked to be merged several times but was always refused as people actually posted in it then

It's not in 'other games' with the RS prefix which is more than enough as it's activity is so low.

When I checked I think there had been like 2 G&A posts this year, 1 trading post this year and maybe 2 in the rs section.. it in no way needed a subforum any more, maybe back in the day when there was tons of people playing..

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 05:15 PM ----------

It's been removed at least once before because I remember being in support of bringing it back. I've never really been in there for a while now though so not sure how active it was.

Oh must of been when I wasn't here then, and it wasn't active at all now really lol

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:15 PM

I can guarantee a few months down the line there will be a feedback thread 'WHERE IS THE RUNESCAPE SECTION, BRING IT BACK' everyone will agree and then the section will be brought back, it's just silly adding and removing it when everyone knows activity pickups and decreases regularly.

lawrawrrr
13-01-2013, 05:15 PM
It's not been removed before, looks like... http://www.habboxforum.com/search.php?searchid=1418947

but yeah I think (as it's the most popular online game) it shouldn't have been merged really, with prefixes it's ok but there's [Goals and Achievements] and [Runescape] and it could get a bit confusing...

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Can't link your search to other people, won't work :P

It's not the most popular online game either at that :P

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:18 PM

The section used to have 4 subforums which has been changed a few times then went down to 2.
The section got asked to be merged several times but was always refused as people actually posted in it then

It's not in 'other games' with the RS prefix which is more than enough as it's activity is so low.

When I checked I think there had been like 2 G&A posts this year, 1 trading post this year and maybe 2 in the rs section.. it in no way needed a subforum any more, maybe back in the day when there was tons of people playing..

Oh must of been when I wasn't here then, and it wasn't active at all now really lol

It was a few times if I remember correctly. Either way, if so many people show support for the forum, why does it get removed? I agree with the subforums in that section, remove the dead forums but the overall section was pretty handy.

---------- Post added 13-01-2013 at 05:19 PM ----------

Can't link your search to other people, won't work :P

It's not the most popular online game either at that :P

I agree it's not the most popular online game but if anything it is one of the most popular online games on habboxforum.

lawrawrrr
13-01-2013, 05:19 PM
i swear it used to?

ok development announcements - runescape

it's just moving and renaming bits and pieces

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:20 PM
It wasn't active enough to warrant a forum dedicated to it though as I just said..

If it was getting a good few posts a day or something okay, but like 5 in 2 weeks? and even before that hasn't been active in a good amount of time..

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:21 PM

Saying that there were only 2/3 threads this year is hardly a valid statement considering we're only 2 weeks into the new year. There were quite a few threads created in December if I remember correctly. The forum will probably come back when people get tired of that forum being spammed with just RS threads. I think if you look at it now, the majority of threads are RS. I'm not fussed either way, since I don't exactly click on forums and look at all recent threads very often.

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:21 PM
It wasn't active enough to warrant a forum dedicated to it though as I just said..

If it was getting a good few posts a day or something okay, but like 5 in 2 weeks? and even before that hasn't been active in a good amount of time..

Good point. Lets remove other subforums like this because it has only got two posts in the last two weeks http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=700

Everyone knows the activity isn't as good as it used to be but that doesn't mean we should remove every other section that lacks in activity for a small time. Give it time, discuss it with those users who do use it before placing the section on 'a trial activity'.

Inseriousity.
13-01-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=684192&page=2&highlight=runescape

there's the old thread when it got removed and put as a subforum to bring it back as its own forum. knew I wasn't going senile although turns out I was rather neutral about its return and did not mind either way.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Good point. Lets remove other sections like this because it's pretty much dead atm http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=700

I'm all for that ;) although that's a subforum and not a main forum visible on the forum home page.

and Kardan, 'online games' wasn't the most active place before, so merging it with RS will allow both to keep the forum populated? :P

Chris
13-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Its gone for good.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:24 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=684192&page=2&highlight=runescape

there's the old thread when it got removed and put as a subforum to bring it back as its own forum. knew I wasn't going senile although turns out I was rather neutral about its return and did not mind either way.

ah, well i didn't come back until like august 2011 I believe so that explains it :P

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:26 PM
This is just via looking at the other games forum:

In the last 2 weeks, since 31st Dec: 9 threads created, 53 replies.

That's just looking at NEW threads created. There's a lot more activity if you look at new posts to threads older than that. I'm sure someone could whip out some statistics from some website...

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Its gone for good.

Oh look, activity is poor, lets remove this section.

http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Different strokes for different folks. Just because you didn't play / like runescape doesn't mean it should be remove. Others like books, I don't, I respect that and ignore the section even though at times activity is poor. I don't light up my stick and demand it be removed. That is a poor response. What happens when you leave? What happens if runescape activity picks up again? (which has proven time and time again)

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm all for that ;) although that's a subforum and not a main forum visible on the forum home page.

and Kardan, 'online games' wasn't the most active place before, so merging it with RS will allow both to keep the forum populated? :P

I'm indifferent on whether it has it's own or stays merged, but saying there were 2/3 threads/posts in 2 weeks just isn't true :P The section was popular enough to stand on it's own feet.

Chris
13-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Oh look, activity is poor, lets remove this section.

http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

It wasn't purely down to the activity of the forum. Anyway it is gone for good and it isn't coming back. Not everybody will be pleased with the decision but thats the way it is.

Mr-Trainor
13-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I think it's fine as it is at the moment with the Runescape prefix, but if there is a lot of threads and discussion on Runescape then I a forum/sub-forum could be made for it. But may as well see how it goes the way it is now :P.

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:31 PM
It wasn't purely down to the activity of the forum. Anyway it is gone for good and it isn't coming back. Not everybody will be pleased with the decision but thats the way it is.

Please elaborate then. Don't just remove a section without giving reasoning to why it got removed, that isn't fair.

Inseriousity.
13-01-2013, 05:31 PM

What other reasons were there then?

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm indifferent on whether it has it's own or stays merged, but saying there were 2/3 threads/posts in 2 weeks just isn't true :P The section was popular enough to stand on it's own feet.

I said at the time there was something like 5-6? :P

The only posts that were active really was achievements and from getting like 100-150 post count from that I can see why 'gratz on the lvl!!!' etc :P not looked lately if it's still the same but yeah.

At times activity picks up then it dies off, any other games that follow that (CoD series, Minecraft, WoW, etc) always got moved to a subforum (which is now seen as pointless so merged into the forum).

So instead of a forum you use a prefix now...

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:34 PM
I think it's fine as it is at the moment with the Runescape prefix, but if there is a lot of threads and discussion on Runescape then I a forum/sub-forum could be made for it. But may as well see how it goes the way it is now :P.

That's the thing though, the section will die completely now. Perhaps activity in the forum wasn't great but at the same time there was threads that were very popular such as achievements, runescape updates, all them will die because the section is too confusing and not easy to access threads you ACTUALLY want to see. I don't see why something like a subforum just for runescape couldn't be introduced. It's by far the most discussed game on this forum apart from habbo.

Chris
13-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Please elaborate then. Don't just remove a section without giving reasoning to why it got removed, that isn't fair.

What other reasons were there then?

Go and read the feedback thread.

It's not like it was a snap decision to remove it. The runescape forum was a mess because it had forum within forum within forum which wasn't at all needed. The way we have it now is so much easier to navigate, you can even click the prefixes so it will only show threads with the same prefix.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:35 PM
That's the thing though, the section will die completely now. Perhaps activity in the forum wasn't great but at the same time there was threads that were very popular such as achievements, runescape updates, all them will die because the section is too confusing and not easy to access threads you ACTUALLY want to see.

It's confusing because theres a prefix? :S

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I said at the time there was something like 5-6? :P

The only posts that were active really was achievements and from getting like 100-150 post count from that I can see why 'gratz on the lvl!!!' etc :P not looked lately if it's still the same but yeah.

At times activity picks up then it dies off, any other games that follow that (CoD series, Minecraft, WoW, etc) always got moved to a subforum (which is now seen as pointless so merged into the forum).

So instead of a forum you use a prefix now...

WoW got it's own sub-forum? Wow :P I'm not bothered about using a prefix, I can just imagine people complaining in the future that it's just RS threads :P Also makes it a pain if you want to look at RS threads before the change, because they don't have a prefix.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:37 PM
WoW got it's own sub-forum? Wow :P I'm not bothered about using a prefix, I can just imagine people complaining in the future that it's just RS threads :P Also makes it a pain if you want to look at RS threads before the change, because they don't have a prefix.

It previously had under 'Online Games'

tbh most of the forums in the section will be RS anyway as most people don't really post about other MMO's

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:37 PM
It's confusing because theres a prefix? :S

Well put it this way scott. If for some reason the web section got merged with discuss anything and got given its own prefix, do you think the web section would live on as strong as it currently is? It's not easier to navigate now, it's harder, before hand I could just click a section and see everything runescape related, now I have to dig through a section that I don't give a toss about.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:38 PM
threads even cba editing :P

Chris
13-01-2013, 05:38 PM

Why would people complain about that? It's an open forum, it isn't limited to runescape so people should feel free to post about any online games that they want.

Inseriousity.
13-01-2013, 05:40 PM
As far as I recall, the runescape forum had 2 subforums and the main section. If it had 5 subforums then subforums within those subforums then that rationale would ring true but it seems to me that you're making a point (it's a mess) then exaggerating to defend a point that doesn't quite ring true. If you're going to make a statement like 'there are other reasons' then you should probably say what they are. Seems like decisions are based on whoever whinges the loudest.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Well put it this way scott. If for some reason the web section got merged with discuss anything and got given its own prefix, do you think the web section would live on as strong as it currently is? It's not easier to navigate now, it's harder, before hand I could just click a section and see everything runescape related, now I have to dig through a section that I don't give a toss about.

Thats two completely different things, "online games" (previous name of 'other games') was aimed at MMO and browser based games really, so there'll be a few threads about say LoL WoW etc in there but mainly going to be RS.

You can click 'Runescape' prefix which would only show RS related threads.

GommeInc
13-01-2013, 05:41 PM
I didn't know people still played it :P The only reminder that it's still around is that dodgy TV advert going around at the moment.

It always causes these sorts of controversies. It made sense to keep it years ago when it was active and had its own sub-community, but it's not (or was not) a heavily used part of the forum a few weeks ago.

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Karden makes a good point in regards to older runescape threads. Chris, what I don't understand is, how is having a subforum for runescape more messy than just chucking it all into one section? When I'm sorting my music, it's easier to navigate through my songs when I have them in individual folders. If I had every genre mixed in one folder I wouldn't know where to look when trying to browse for a certain genre I want to listen to.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Why would people complain about that? It's an open forum, it isn't limited to runescape so people should feel free to post about any online games that they want.

They wouldn't 'complain', but they would suggest that a forum be created because the large majority of posts in the forum. Exactly what has happened with all other forums/sub forums that have been created.

Chris
As far as I recall, the runescape forum had 2 subforums and the main section. If it had 5 subforums then subforums within those subforums then that rationale would ring true but it seems to me that you're making a point (it's a mess) then exaggerating to defend a point that doesn't quite ring true. If you're going to make a statement like 'there are other reasons' then you should probably say what they are. Seems like decisions are based on whoever whinges the loudest.

You and anyone else are free to think what you like about the decisions I make, but it was thoroughly discussed before any changes were made. At first I was opposed to the idea of changing anything but it did make sense to tidy it up and have everything in one place. Clicking the prefixes will display exactly what you're looking for if you find it difficult to find things, although I see no reason for anyone to find it difficult because that forum isn't exactly the height of activity even after the merge.

scottish
Karden makes a good point in regards to older runescape threads. Chris, what I don't understand is, how is having a subforum for runescape more messy than just chucking it all into one section? When I'm sorting my music, it's easier to navigate through my songs when I have them in individual folders. If I had every genre mixed in one folder I wouldn't know where to look for the songs I want to listen to.

Then why not add every genre subforum to music, TV/Film genres as a subforum to the entertainment forum, every genre of book as well

simple because that's stupid on a forum.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:48 PM
You and anyone else are free to think what you like about the decisions I make, but it was thoroughly discussed before any changes were made. At first I was opposed to the idea of changing anything but it did make sense to tidy it up and have everything in one place. Clicking the prefixes will display exactly what you're looking for if you find it difficult to find things, although I see no reason for anyone to find it difficult because that forum isn't exactly the height of activity even after the merge.

Clicking the prefix [RuneScape] only displays two threads, so at the moment you can't exactly see all the RS posts at once, so the change has made things temporarily worse.

Inseriousity.
13-01-2013, 05:49 PM

I've read the thread and see no thorough discussion of any kind. It's filled with people saying 'merge rs' (presumably due to the activity reason as no other reasons are given) so now I'm interested in what other reasons there were.

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Then why not add every genre subforum to music, TV/Film genres as a subforum to the entertainment forum, every genre of book as well

simple because that's stupid on a forum.

Because no-one has brought the idea forward, which makes me assume they're happy with how things are. I'd prefer the forum laid out like that. I'm still seriously confused to how merging a section devoted to one specific thing then arguing 'it's to make it look neater', how does that make sense?

I HAVE TWELVE SCREWDRIVERS IN ONE BAG AND EIGHT POTATOS IN THE OTHER, I DECIDED TO PUT THE BOTH OF THEM IN THE SAME BAG TO MAKE IT LOOK NEATER. It's a bloody joke, at least explain to us what the other reasons are. Then we might be able to understand what's going on in that jelly between your ears.

Chris
13-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Clicking the prefix [RuneScape] only displays two threads, so at the moment you can't exactly see all the RS posts at once, so the change has made things temporarily worse.

Well according to you its currently full of runescape threads, so like I said, you shouldn't have any issues finding things.

I've read the thread and see no thorough discussion of any kind. It's filled with people saying 'merge rs' (presumably due to the activity reason as no other reasons are given) so now I'm interested in what other reasons there were.

To keep things tidy as I just said.

Inseriousity.
13-01-2013, 05:51 PM
That reasoning has the implication it was messy to begin with.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Well according to you its currently full of runescape threads, so like I said, you shouldn't have any issues finding things.

To keep things tidy as I just said.

It is full of RS threads, but now you don't know whether or not they're talking about RS. '5M gold for Habbo' - is this WoW gold? RuneScape gold? Minecraft gold? And as for making it more tidy... It's not :P

scottish
Because no-one has brought the idea forward, which makes me assume they're happy with how things are. I'd prefer the forum laid out like that. I'm still seriously confused to how merging a section devoted to one specific thing then arguing 'it's to make it look neater', how does that make sense?

I HAVE TWELVE SCREWDRIVERS IN ONE BAG AND EIGHT POTATOS IN THE OTHER, I DECIDED TO PUT THE BOTH OF THEM IN THE SAME BAG TO MAKE IT LOOK NEATER.

Merging Runescape into a forum for MMOs is logical, if you don't see that you have more than potatos and screwdrivers to worry about

and no, people wouldn't like it because the idea is stupid not because they're happy with how it is now lol.

Stephen
ppl need 2 get ova it

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:54 PM
It is full of RS threads, but now you don't know whether or not they're talking about RS. '5M gold for Habbo' - is this WoW gold? RuneScape gold? Minecraft gold? And as for making it more tidy... It's not :P

and one people start posting with the RS tag it's sorted, yes the older threads may not be as neat for the day after the merge but every new thread will be.

Chris
13-01-2013, 05:55 PM

People can add it to the title, plus we do have prefixes. If more prefixes need to be added for wow trading and runescape trading then thats fine.

ppl need 2 get ova it

This is the first and last time we will ever agree on something :P

Kardan
13-01-2013, 05:57 PM
People can add it to the title, plus we do have prefixes. If more prefixes need to be added for wow trading and runescape trading then thats fine.

This is the first and last time we will ever agree on something :P

For new threads, yes, that isn't what I was talking about. The new update is fine when people start using prefixes (I'm almost positive that's not the plural... preffici? Something like that...), but the new update has caused an issue with the older threads really, you can't add prefixes to the old threads.

Richie
13-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Merging Runescape into a forum for MMOs is logical, if you don't see that you have more than potatos and screwdrivers to worry about

and no, people wouldn't like it because the idea is stupid not because they're happy with how it is now lol.

It's not logical it's ******ed. The excuse given is 'IT MAKES IT LOOK NEATER' which is flawed because it doesn't.

Chris
13-01-2013, 05:58 PM
For new threads, yes, that isn't what I was talking about. The new update is fine when people start using prefixes (I'm almost positive that's not the plural... preffici? Something like that...), but the new update has caused an issue with the older threads really, you can't add prefixes to the old threads.

Prexfixes can be added to old threads. Old trading threads don't need to be looked at anyway because the item will most likely be sold anyway.

scottish
13-01-2013, 05:59 PM
It's not logical it's ******ed. The excuse given is 'IT MAKES IT LOOK NEATER' which is flawed because it doesn't.

It's where it belongs, it's an MMO, that section is dedicated (somewhat) to MMOs

xxMATTGxx
13-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Putting prefixes to already made threads isn't going to be a problem. I've found an easily solution to that.

Mr-Trainor
13-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Go and read the feedback thread.

It's not like it was a snap decision to remove it. The runescape forum was a mess because it had forum within forum within forum which wasn't at all needed. The way we have it now is so much easier to navigate, you can even click the prefixes so it will only show threads with the same prefix.
Oh wow never knew you could do that :P. +rep

And I don't really know why people are making such a big deal out of this, at least see how it goes before complaining about a change which has only just been made :P.

Richie
13-01-2013, 06:32 PM

And I don't really know why people are making such a big deal out of this, at least see how it goes before complaining about a change which has only just been made :P.

We all know what will happen to the section, it'll die. We've noticed that from the previous merge. Activity dropped significantly.

I don't really care about arguing my point any more. The forum is a joke. Removing a section that people use without giving us all the little details on why it was removed.

The only response we got was:

To make the forum look neater - which is flawed because it makes it look messier than ever
Activity has dropped in the section - Lets get things clear, I agree 100% activity has dropped. I don't agree how things were done. I just don't understand how merging all those runescape posts into the online games forum is neater than just adding an additional subforum, if the subforum failed it could have been merged. I'm willing to be compliant even though I disagree but it doesn't seem you are @Chris (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=55895); It wasn't given a chance. That's all i'm saying.

What really annoys me about threads like this is random people come and poke their nose in just to raise their post count, those people haven't even a clue what runescape is. Let alone, how active it was. So it isn't very fair to let someone who despises runescape just turn around and say 'I agree this was the right decision' then use their decision to flip the section around, that's not very fair. I just think it was a community decision but we weren't given any alternatives to make everyone happy.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Putting prefixes to already made threads isn't going to be a problem. I've found an easily solution to that.

Well, that's my only issue sorted :) Other than it was only done to make it look tidy, but we'll leave that for another day :P

Chris
13-01-2013, 06:34 PM

Haha it wasn't possible until a few days back. I'll post a thread about it so everyone knows.

We all know what will happen to the section, it'll die. We've noticed that from the previous merge. Activity dropped significantly.

I see no reason why it should but we'll see.

Rachel
13-01-2013, 06:34 PM
It wasn't being used that much anyways. Maybe it will become popular one day again.

Chris
13-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Prefixes have been added to all threads from the past 2 months.

scottish
13-01-2013, 06:45 PM
can you change the colour of 'other' tag as it's unreadable on non habbo dark skin.

Chris
13-01-2013, 06:51 PM
can you change the colour of 'other' tag as it's unreadable on non habbo dark skin.

Oh yeah sure. I'm guessing the wow tag is the same?

scottish
13-01-2013, 06:53 PM
not sure what it was before, it's a dark-y red and it's fine

Chris
13-01-2013, 06:55 PM
All sorted now!

Grig
13-01-2013, 06:55 PM
forum within forum within forum? What are you on :P?

It's was a fine section and had its own community. I think removing it detracts from the forum more, rather than adding something to it. Sure, you may say it will be gone forever now. But I bet you when there's a new forum manager a few months/ years down the line, people will be nostalgic and it'll be reinstated.

It's a true shame for it being gone, and I'm sure many people would vote for it to stay had there been a poll or something of the likes.

Thus, I must agree with Richie on this one!

Kardan
13-01-2013, 06:56 PM
forum within forum within forum? What are you on :P?

It's was a fine section and had its own community. I think removing it detracts from the forum more, rather than adding something to it. Sure, you may say it will be gone forever now. But I bet you when there's a new forum manager a few months/ years down the line, people will be nostalgic and it'll be reinstated.

It's a true shame for it being gone, and I'm sure many people would vote for it to stay had there been a poll or something of the likes.

Thus, I must agree with Richie on this one!

With a poll though, I'm sure many people would vote no, simply because they have no interest in RS. But out of the RS community on here, I'm not sure anyone would have voted for the change.

Grig
13-01-2013, 06:58 PM
With a poll though, I'm sure many people would vote no, simply because they have no interest in RS. But out of the RS community on here, I'm not sure anyone would have voted for the change.

That's the point- it was giving the forum a sense of COMMUNITY. People could talk about stuff like achievements, now its somewhat become generalized in that games section and would be buried.

I'm all for keeping a certain community, rather than merging it.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:00 PM
That's the point- it was giving the forum a sense of COMMUNITY. People could talk about stuff like achievements, now its somewhat become generalized in that games section and would be buried.

I'm all for keeping a certain community, rather than merging it.

Pah, who cares about community, it needs to look tidy (!)

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Pah, who cares about community, it needs to look tidy (!)

It wasn't in that much of a state though! Whatever you view as more important. I'd view community as 100 times more important than some trivial issues of tidiness that could have been fixed in other ways :P.

Richie
13-01-2013, 07:02 PM

This, pretty much. Any decisions related to sections like this should really be decided based on comments from individual users so if the pros stack up against than the cons, that's how you'll make your decision. Silly decision that actually don't make any sense shouldn't be added to the equation, such as 'it looks messy'. The decision should have been based in an overall debate. That's what I think this forum is starting to lack in. Sometimes something that one person says can make a manager decide what stays / goes. As a manager, you should listen to the entire community, again weight the pros and cons, then make your final decision. It should be a community decision, not one that a manager feels is right. Running a forum how one likes it not how a whole would.

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:03 PM
This, pretty much. Any decisions related to sections like this should really be decided based on comments from individual users so if the pros stack up against than the cons, that's how you'll make your decision. Silly decision that actually don't make any sense shouldn't be added to the equation, such as 'it looks messy'. The decision should have been based in an overall debate.

Yeh on second thoughts the poll idea always goes into the drain. :P

But, like I would argue, the pros would outweigh the cons here!

Richie
13-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Yeh on second thoughts the poll idea always goes into the drain. :P

But, like I would argue, the pros would outweigh the cons here!

Like I said in previous posts if cons did out-weight the pros, I'd be like fair enough lads, you have a fair point. Even if activity was low, it shouldn't just be merged into a different section, it should be given a trial for lets say three months within that other section as a subforum, I think that seems reasonable. And I believe that protocol should be followed when a decision is made to remove any section. But hey, when was the last time things were reasonable around here! :P

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Like I said in previous posts if there was better cons I'd be like fair enough lads, you have a fair point. Even if activity was low, it shouldn't just be merged into a different section, it should be given a trial for lets say three months within that other section as a subforum, I think that seems reasonable. But hey, when was the last time things were reasonable around here! :P

Yeh, forum activity is important and to squeeze communities that have people posting regularly (albeit not in masses) into such sub-forums never helps!

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Like I said in previous posts if there was better cons I'd be like fair enough lads, you have a fair point. Even if activity was low, it shouldn't just be merged into a different section, it should be given a trial for lets say three months within that other section as a subforum, I think that seems reasonable. But hey, when was the last time things were reasonable around here! :P

A few months back the Assorted/Misc was given a trial, how come this current decision isn't given a trial but is labelled as 'final'?

I sometimes wonder if HxF have a secret forum limit, because as of lately it seems that all sub forums must be eliminated and the number of forums kept to a minimum :P

Richie
13-01-2013, 07:11 PM
A few months back the Assorted/Misc was given a trial, how come this current decision isn't given a trial but is labelled as 'final'?

I sometimes wonder if HxF have a secret forum limit, because as of lately it seems that all sub forums must be eliminated and the number of forums kept to a minimum :P

As activity decreases on the forum overall, decisions are made to scrap certain sections / subforums just because lack of activity. I don't agree with it and its unfortunate because over time it'll happen again and again and we will be left with little, if even a forum. I'm talking in general. This thread isn't just about the runescape section anymore, it's lack of communication with the community, listening to a few heads give the nod, then slyly making a decision.

sex
13-01-2013, 07:13 PM
so what he have learned from this thread is people should stop listening to stop when he cries lol
i don't see why it was removed either, when i clicked new posts there always seemed to be at least something posted in it but whatever doesn't affect me

GommeInc
13-01-2013, 07:16 PM

Well they are untidy and threads seem to go there to die :P A general forum approach is better, it keeps things organised and new and old users can find discussions they like. More sub-forums only really create organised chaos when in the forums they relate to - they can be forgotten about or overlooked. It happened with Debates and Technology.

As activity decreases on the forum overall, decisions are made to scrap certain sections / subforums just because lack of activity. I don't agree with it and its unfortunate because over time it'll happen again and again and we will be left with little, if even a forum. I'm talking in general. This thread isn't just about the runescape section anymore, it's lack of communication with the community, listening to a few heads give the nod, then slyly making a decision.
That's a bit of a drama llama approach. Saying Habbox will eventually have no forums left at all suggests you do not really have any actual complaints and are just trying to sensationalise and, in turn, trivialise this discussion. The Runescape forum was a huge mess and wasn't really appealing to new members, and current member numbers have dropped so it was bound to happen. It's been on the cards for a few years now :/

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:16 PM
If we're on the subjects of getting forums removed, can we get this removed?

http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=306

Low activity (if you ignore the 8 threads created within minutes of each other in an attempt to get post count VIP), and it could be replaced by just a single thread of the same name...

Chris;

scottish
13-01-2013, 07:17 PM
not reading the 10 or so new posts
but the 'community' on runescape disappeared 5 years ago lol.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Well they are untidy and threads seem to go there to die :P A general forum approach is better, it keeps things organised and new and old users can find discussions they like. More sub-forums only really create organised chaos when in the forums they relate to - they can be forgotten about or overlooked. It happened with Debates and Technology.

I agree that subforums are bad, because they are hidden from the main page. RuneScape had it's own forum however, and not a sub-forum. What you have just said we should avoid, is what has happened to RS with the change. Been hidden away :P

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:19 PM
I agree that subforums are bad, because they are hidden from the main page. RuneScape had it's own forum however, and not a sub-forum. What you have just said we should avoid, is what has happened to RS with the change. Been hidden away :P

This is what I was going to say. My decision to merge debates would not have affected activity and both member's and official debates would remain equally popular. Plus, they were sub-forums. But as Runescape had its OWN forum with its own community, the repercussions would be more negative than positive :P.

GommeInc
13-01-2013, 07:20 PM

Low activity (if you ignore the 8 threads created within minutes of each other in an attempt to get post count VIP), and it could be replaced by just a single thread of the same name...

Chris;
Depends if the practicalities of a single forum outweigh that of a thread. A thread could become a mess of information making it hard to find values for a single item of furniture. It could become a sub-forum within a trading forum though.

It's wouldn't even be a useful sub-forum really :P It's an online game and can sit in the Other Games forum. If it had any appeal (Runescape) it could have a forum, but it hasn't for years.

scottish
13-01-2013, 07:21 PM
This is what I was going to say. My decision to merge debates would not have affected activity and both member's and official debates would remain equally popular. Plus, they were sub-forums. But as Runescape had its OWN forum with its own community, the repercussions would be more negative than positive :P.

By going with people earlier saying that the 'other games' forum is only going to contain runescape related posts then it's still going to be the same...

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:22 PM
By going with people earlier saying that the 'other games' forum is only going to contain runescape related posts then it's still going to be the same...

Which is yet another reason to question this move.

scottish
13-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Which is yet another reason to question this move.

Hardly, shows that nothings changing but the name according to the people who are also agreeing with you.

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Hardly, shows that nothings changing but the name according to the people who are also agreeing with you.

People will find it harder to find on initially and who know, maybe you could have members signing up and staying because they see a clear section dedicated to the game. Secondly, go through all these annoying prefixes, minimization of forums if it wasn't broken?

Let's group debates into General and anything else that could further minimize the amount of forums on here.

Chris
13-01-2013, 07:29 PM
People should have spoke up when they had the chance then. It's all good and well saying you don't like something but if you chose not to give your opinion at the time then thats your own fault. People need to give changes a chance instead of moaning about them all the time.

Chris;

No, that has nothing to do with me.

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:33 PM
People should have spoke up when they had the chance then. It's all good and well saying you don't like something but if you chose not to give your opinion at the time then thats your own fault. People need to give changes a chance instead of moaning about them all the time.

It shouldn't be about who speaks out the loudest or moans the best. It should be based on common sense.

Common sense to me dictates otherwise.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:33 PM

You are the forum manager are you not... Do you not manage the forums?

And Chris, you had a different opinion to that when you re-opened the poll for the assorted/misc introduction :P I would find the quote but I cba.

If you look at the feedback thread, the first page at least has more pro-RS than anti-RS. I'll go through the rest of the thread now and see how it tallies up.

Chris
13-01-2013, 07:36 PM
It shouldn't be about who speaks out the loudest or moans the best. It should be based on common sense.

Common sense to me dictates otherwise.

You're free to have your opinion.

You are the forum manager are you not... Do you not manage the forums?

And Chris, you had a different opinion to that when you re-opened the poll for the assorted/misc introduction :P I would find the quote but I cba.

If you look at the feedback thread, the first page at least has more pro-RS than anti-RS. I'll go through the rest of the thread now and see how it tallies up.

It's not my forum to remove, Pigperson; & auffant1; look after that one.

scottish
13-01-2013, 07:38 PM
it took what 2 days for it to even be noticed by most people in this thread?

I think that speaks volumes...

Grig
13-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes, you say I'm free to my opinion but I have not heard any strong justification for the move :S.

If I have that, I would be happy and move on.

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Looking at the feedback thread, it's pretty much even.

Pro RS forum:

Calvin; The Don; Wootzeh; RyRy; Kardan;

Pro RS Merge:

CrazyLemurs; IceNineKills; GoldenMerc; scottish; dbgtz;

So I don't understand the whole 'people didn't speak up' part of the argument.

scottish
13-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, you say I'm free to my opinion but I have not heard any strong justification for the move :S.

There is no community, everyone who was part of the 'community' that was here left 5 years ago maybe 2 people left
The forum is inactive essentially compared to when it was granted its own forum
The sub-forums had little posts, the most active thing in RS was goals/achievements which was mainly congratulating a member (similar to welcome!!!1!! posts)

etc.

Chris
13-01-2013, 07:42 PM

Go back and read the other thread, Grig.

Theres not a lot else I can say about this anymore because I'm repeating myself. There will always be people who disagree with changes and thats fine, but they'll just have to get over it and move on.

RyRy
13-01-2013, 07:45 PM

Pro RS forum:

@Calvin (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=46539); @The Don (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=9475); @Wootzeh (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=9315); @RyRy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=81175); @Kardan (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=3428);

Pro RS Merge:

@CrazyLemurs (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=82631); @IceNineKills (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=50417); @GoldenMerc (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26925); @scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890); @dbgtz (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=28789);

Whoa scuse me, I'm not that bothered if the Runescape forum is merged! In fact I really couldn't give two hoots so add me to the pro merge.

scottish
13-01-2013, 07:45 PM
If it bothers you that much

Your RS forum: http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=767&prefixid=Runescape
Your G&A forum: http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=767&prefixid=goalsachievements
Your trading forum: http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=767&prefixid=Trading

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Whoa scuse me, I'm not that bothered if the Runescape forum is merged! In fact I really couldn't give two hoots so add me to the pro merge.

Just basing it off of this quote:

Yeah that sounds good, I think Gaming Discussion should be the main forum (like Technology have it) and then PC Gaming & Console Gaming as sub-forums. Runescape should stay as it is as it isn't doing any harm there tbh.

Might even be a good idea to get rid of sub-forums in that altogether and use the tag feature for each thread like [PC] or [CONSOLE] option... I dunno.

dbgtz
13-01-2013, 07:48 PM

Pro RS forum:

Calvin; The Don; Wootzeh; RyRy; Kardan;

Pro RS Merge:

CrazyLemurs; IceNineKills; GoldenMerc; scottish; dbgtz;

I wish never really either, I just didn't want Scott's piss poor proposal getting through.

Grig
There is no community, everyone who was part of the 'community' that was here left 5 years ago maybe 2 people left
The forum is inactive essentially compared to when it was granted its own forum
The sub-forums had little posts, the most active thing in RS was goals/achievements which was mainly congratulating a member (similar to welcome!!!1!! posts)

etc.

Well I would have still had one forum with no-subforums. But that's good enough for me :). Thanks, Scott.

scottish

whats your basis for calvins?

pretty sure he only mentioned merging 2 other forums, nothing about RS.

RyRy
13-01-2013, 07:50 PM

Fair play, nah like I said it isn't doing any harm but then I don't see why merging it would do any harm eitherrrr

Kardan
13-01-2013, 07:51 PM
whats your basis for calvins?

pretty sure he only mentioned merging 2 other forums, nothing about RS.

Yeah, it's like a lucky dip where you post and just hope you've got the correct forum depending on the moderator's opinion. Perhaps as you said, making it "Gaming Discussion" and having it like the following:

•Gaming Discussion

•Console Gaming

•Console sub-forums? Most people state their console so may not be needed

•PC Gaming

•Minecraft
•World of warcraft
•etc.

And by doing this, there will be one less forum on the index.

The etc. would include RuneScape in his example.

scottish
13-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Minecraft WoW 'etc' were subforums not forums?

Doesn't really state hes pro keeping it? :P

Kardan
13-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Minecraft WoW 'etc' were subforums not forums?

Doesn't really state hes pro keeping it? :P

Minecraft was a forum, wasn't it? And he's saying he would have subforums, so I would assume that's pro RS (in a subforum of course). He'll probably see the tag and correct me though knowing my luck :P

Jake
13-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Right as i dont really use this forum often enough anymore. I was about when they merged it before andd it didnt work however i see the reasons behind it. But its always been the same. The rs community back when it was good was really good, back in the days of mattych and onisuke. Since then the community has dropped significantly, im not saying it doesnt pick up every now and again but it always goes around in circles and usually picks up in the holidays when people start playing again. Thought id throw my 2 cents in.

scottish
13-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Minecraft was a forum, wasn't it? And he's saying he would have subforums, so I would assume that's pro RS (in a subforum of course). He'll probably see the tag and correct me though knowing my luck :P

No, minecraft was a subforum.

The previous forums were

- Runescape
-- Trading
-- Goals & Achieves
- Console and Computer gaming (or games)
-- Sony
-- Nintendo
-- Microsoft
-- Minecraft
-- Call of Duty
- Online gaming (or games)
-- WoW
- Forum games

I believe

Kardan
13-01-2013, 08:13 PM
No, minecraft was a subforum.

The previous forums were

- Runescape
-- Trading
-- Goals & Achieves
- Console and Computer gaming (or games)
-- Sony
-- Nintendo
-- Microsoft
-- Minecraft
-- Call of Duty
- Online gaming (or games)
-- WoW
- Forum games

I believe

Ahh, my bad. I don't know why I thought it was: RuneScape / Minecraft / Console / Online

Richie
13-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Well the thread was a bit misleading. How was I to know it was about the removal of the runescape section? I read the first post and got the impression it was just about tweaking the description of the gaming section, so thought to myself, fair enough they'll probably fix it, happy days.

Calvin
13-01-2013, 09:38 PM
The etc. would include RuneScape in his example.I wasn't really bothered about the Runescape forum, just the way the two forums were on the index. But if anything, I guess I'd be pro Runescape as I saw a few people posting in the achievements threads, not as often as other forums but it wasn't dead IMO, and there's other forums that are much less active than that one.

I guess Runescape is similar to the writing/other entertainment forum as they're not as active as the other forums on here but they both have small communities which use it often. I think perhaps there should be a sub-forum for Runescape under console/computer gaming, I'm not too sure about Minecraft because I swear the only posts I used to see there were people asking if anybody actually goes on the HxF Server anymore and I don't think I've ever visited the WoW forum lol.

@scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890);

scottish
13-01-2013, 09:41 PM
I wasn't really bothered about the Runescape forum, just the way the two forums were on the index. But if anything, I guess I'd be pro Runescape as I saw a few people posting in the achievements threads, not as often as other forums but it wasn't dead IMO, and there's other forums that are much less active than that one.

I guess Runescape is similar to the writing/other entertainment forum as they're not as active as the other forums on here but they both have small communities which use it often. I think perhaps there should be a sub-forum for Runescape under console/computer gaming, I'm not too sure about Minecraft because I swear the only posts I used to see there were people asking if anybody actually goes on the HxF Server anymore and I don't think I've ever visited the WoW forum lol.

@scottish (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=53890);

No need for a subforum as you can just fix by runescape prefix which is essentially the rs forum :P

but yeah minecraft had 1 active thread this year which was the hxf server, never looked at how many posts but the thread wasn't big so couldn't have been many, WoW had a few threads more than minecraft but still inactive.

Calvin
13-01-2013, 09:44 PM
No need for a subforum as you can just fix by runescape prefix which is essentially the rs forum :P

but yeah minecraft had 1 active thread this year which was the hxf server, never looked at how many posts but the thread wasn't big so couldn't have been many, WoW had a few threads more than minecraft but still inactive.True. I've never really paid much attention to the gaming forums so I'm not too sure on the amount of posts, just trying to remember off the top of my head. I'm just thinking about the small communities that do exist there, especially the Runescape ones as they've been moved back and forth a few times. :P

Kyle
13-01-2013, 10:50 PM
There wasn't really a need to remove the section and its subforums completely regardless of how many posts it has had in recent months, you wouldn't see this happen to other forums! Runescape is one of those games that people will sporadically quit and then rejoin a couple of weeks/months later and if you had actually been around in the past, you would realise that the RS section always had certain points of the year that large groups of people would (re)join and start posting a lot more. The last quarter of 2012, for example.

First you introduce these unsightly new userbars that nobody asked for, then you go ahead and make a decision to removing a section of the forum that has proven to draw people to post on the forum in the past. Your time as forum manager isn't shaping up to be very good at all, is it? Please, next time you decide to do something, ask what the community thinks first.

Kyle
13-01-2013, 11:34 PM
I'd prefer if you quoted my post to explain your (flawed) reasoning rather than -repping me Chris;. Reading through this thread I see you keep claiming this particular decision to have been 'thoroughly discussed' but when I glance at the feedback thread I see half of the posts taken up by the same person posting his proposal for a new forum structure and next to no discussion on the actual problem here that is these hideous prefixes that have replaced the subforum system that worked so much better - and was so much less messy!

People should have spoke up when they had the chance then. It's all good and well saying you don't like something but if you chose not to give your opinion at the time then thats your own fault..

I find this statement quite laughable. Expecting people to be online for a set 1-2 week period when a decision is being discussed or else not being allowed to contribute to the discussion on the change whatsoever is quite silly. Personally, I wasn't online but those that were probably didn't even realise that you'd replace the previous system without so much as asking what those outside of the feedback forum actually thought about it. Yes, you discussed it in feedback, but did you discuss it with people that actually use(d) those forums? I don't believe so.

There will always be people who disagree with changes and thats fine, but they'll just have to get over it and move on.

This appears to epitomize your management style. "Don't like what I've done? Too bad". So no, me disagreeing with a decision you've made (or more accurately - ALL decisions you make) isn't necessarily good enough reasoning for calling you a bad manager but the fact that you're only prepared to listen to a small selection of the entire community on an issue and then claim that those that didn't have a chance to get their say don't matter sort of is.

A largely unnecessary change that will serve to do nothing more than kill the gaming forums even more. You could at least properly differentiate between online gaming, computer gaming and "other gaming".

Kardan
14-01-2013, 12:44 AM
I'd prefer if you quoted my post to explain your (flawed) reasoning rather than -repping me Chris;. Reading through this thread I see you keep claiming this particular decision to have been 'thoroughly discussed' but when I glance at the feedback thread I see half of the posts taken up by the same person posting his proposal for a new forum structure and next to no discussion on the actual problem here that is these hideous prefixes that have replaced the subforum system that worked so much better - and was so much less messy!

I find this statement quite laughable. Expecting people to be online for a set 1-2 week period when a decision is being discussed or else not being allowed to contribute to the discussion on the change whatsoever is quite silly. Personally, I wasn't online but those that were probably didn't even realise that you'd replace the previous system without so much as asking what those outside of the feedback forum actually thought about it. Yes, you discussed it in feedback, but did you discuss it with people that actually use(d) those forums? I don't believe so.

This appears to epitomize your management style. "Don't like what I've done? Too bad". So no, me disagreeing with a decision you've made (or more accurately - ALL decisions you make) isn't necessarily good enough reasoning for calling you a bad manager but the fact that you're only prepared to listen to a small selection of the entire community on an issue and then claim that those that didn't have a chance to get their say don't matter sort of is.

A largely unnecessary change that will serve to do nothing more than kill the gaming forums even more. You could at least properly differentiate between online gaming, computer gaming and "other gaming".

Don't worry, I'm getting the same. I get warned for some posts, and I ask which rule I've broken (because the fact is, I've not broken any rules), and all I get it is a wishy washy answer where they don't actually explain the rule break and all I get told is "I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of answering your questions anymore."

Ah well, at least we can all be ignored together as a nice family.

MONEYMAGIC
14-01-2013, 01:16 AM
I didn't use it a lot, but I thought it was handy having it on the main forum instead of going into other parts to find it, as I often just scroll down to the Habbo section, no nothing there and then scroll to the Runescape forum see what threads were there. :P

scottish
14-01-2013, 01:24 AM
I didn't use it a lot, but I thought it was handy having it on the main forum instead of going into other parts to find it, as I often just scroll down to the Habbo section, no nothing there and then scroll to the Runescape forum see what threads were there. :P

scrolls down to 'other games' now :P

MONEYMAGIC
14-01-2013, 03:04 AM
scrolls down to 'other games' now :P

But if it's not a Runescape thread on the main forum page, that means I'll have to click as well! Hahaha, just kidding :) Even I'm not that lazy :P Thanks

dunke
14-01-2013, 05:32 AM
habboxforums worst update ever

sex
14-01-2013, 07:06 AM
ban scott from feedback xxMATTGxx;
use those specific forum bans lol

Charz777
14-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Made it about halfway through the replies to this thread, so don't shoot me if I repeat anything or have missed anything new.

The Online Games forum now looks ridiculously cluttered so if this is the forums way of 'tidying up' well, job failed there.
If I want to to refer to, discuss or read anything Runescape related I'd rather it was all in one place.
Similarly, if I want to contribute etc to an online game that isn't Runescape, I don't want to have to search through pages and pages of Runescape stuff. All other games are goingto be spammed into oblivion by Runescape!
To say that the Runescape forum had low activity is ridiculous, clearly it had activity, more so than other categories, and it's plain to see that it has activity just by looking at all the [Runescape] prefixes dominating the Online Games forum.
I think it's pretty clear from the attitude of the moderator that they don't give a **** about what we want or the opinions of people who actually read the Runescape stuff and were happy with the way it was because apparently it's 'gone and never coming back,' well cheers for that, big help(!)

Mr-Trainor
14-01-2013, 12:08 PM
What really annoys me about threads like this is random people come and poke their nose in just to raise their post count, those people haven't even a clue what runescape is. Let alone, how active it was. So it isn't very fair to let someone who despises runescape just turn around and say 'I agree this was the right decision' then use their decision to flip the section around, that's not very fair. I just think it was a community decision but we weren't given any alternatives to make everyone happy.
I'm not posting to raise my post count and I didn't say that I don't think there should be a Runescape forum, I'm just saying that it's happened and you may as well see how it goes, but I personally wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Runescape sub-forum added if needed.

@Chris (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=55895);

It's not my forum to remove, @Pigperson (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=41868); & @auffant1 (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=86681); look after that one.
There is no reason to remove that forum, as there's no where else it can be moved to, so without meaning to be rude I don't know why you've even suggested that tbh :S?

it took what 2 days for it to even be noticed by most people in this thread?

I think that speaks volumes...
Yeah, there was a thread about the reforms to this forum where people could have replied and mentioned Runescape but that didn't happen and so the changes went ahead as they are now. Again, I don't think this means a Runescape sub-forum can't be considered but I think you should wait and see how it goes for now.

IceNineKills
14-01-2013, 01:30 PM
haven't bothered reading through the thread yet as it's abit big but i have never been in favour of the 'runescape forum removal' up until this time. there was no point in keeping the forum as noone used it. it would get like 5 posts a week.

i just like how the people who want the forum back are the ones that rarely used it. it's gone and should be gone for good.

GommeInc
14-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Made it about halfway through the replies to this thread, so don't shoot me if I repeat anything or have missed anything new.

The Online Games forum now looks ridiculously cluttered so if this is the forums way of 'tidying up' well, job failed there.
If I want to to refer to, discuss or read anything Runescape related I'd rather it was all in one place.
Similarly, if I want to contribute etc to an online game that isn't Runescape, I don't want to have to search through pages and pages of Runescape stuff. All other games are goingto be spammed into oblivion by Runescape!
To say that the Runescape forum had low activity is ridiculous, clearly it had activity, more so than other categories, and it's plain to see that it has activity just by looking at all the [Runescape] prefixes dominating the Online Games forum.
I think it's pretty clear from the attitude of the moderator that they don't give a **** about what we want or the opinions of people who actually read the Runescape stuff and were happy with the way it was because apparently it's 'gone and never coming back,' well cheers for that, big help(!)

Judging from this useful list:

The problem seems to be that the Online Games forum lacked a lot more activity than Runescape, so that's the reason it seems cluttered. However, it was obvious that the Runescape forum was lacking activity and certainly did not need to be a "parent forum" any more (i.e. a forum that appears on the front page).

Perhaps having a Runescape sub-forum under the Online Games parent forum would be a good idea? There's no point reverting back to having it as a parent forum when it is: 1. an Online Game and; 2. Isn't a substantially active area of the forum.

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2013, 03:13 PM
After reading this thread and also looking at the games forum myself, I did get a bit confused but never mind about that. I looked at "Other Games" and well there is a ton of runescape threads for sure which looks like it could be an issue to be honest. Maybe the runescape forum didn't need to be on the main index but maybe it would have been better to move that inside "Other Games" instead. Then we can see how it progresses from there I suppose - The rest of the changes don't seem to be a problem.

Martin
14-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Personally I think runescape should in the very least be a subforum of other games. It has its own community, has its ups and downs in terms of activity but that could be said for a lot of forums. Its just nice to keep it seperate I think, it was the biggest non habbo community we had really. I think you could still keep the prefixes for things like "goals and achievements" "trading" etc, but runescape itself should be a subforum of other games. Another thing which gets confusing is all the stickied threads that now exist within the other games forum that would be far more suited to a runescape specific forum since they deal with runescape only etc. Its not like it was completely dead and there are periods where it does get used a lot. I think that option would keep things even tidier than what the new scheme has created, whilst keeping the runescape community happy and things a bit more organised.

Richie
14-01-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm not posting to raise my post count and I didn't say that I don't think there should be a Runescape forum, I'm just saying that it's happened and you may as well see how it goes, but I personally wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Runescape sub-forum added if needed.

There is no reason to remove that forum, as there's no where else it can be moved to, so without meaning to be rude I don't know why you've even suggested that tbh :S?

Yeah, there was a thread about the reforms to this forum where people could have replied and mentioned Runescape but that didn't happen and so the changes went ahead as they are now. Again, I don't think this means a Runescape sub-forum can't be considered but I think you should wait and see how it goes for now.

Ah I wasn't referring to you, I meant in general. A lot of people just respond to feedback threads to raise their post count.

The Don
14-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I get the feeling that from where Chris; has reversed some of his decisions in the past it is making him reluctant to reverse this change as it would look bad. There's no harm in making mistakes, you're only human :P However, refusing to acknowledge you've made a mistake and refusing to revert the mistake to 'save some face' is harmful and will damage your image.

Chris
14-01-2013, 04:34 PM
I get the feeling that from where Chris; has reversed some of his decisions in the past it is making him reluctant to reverse this change as it would look bad. There's no harm in making mistakes, you're only human :P However, refusing to acknowledge you've made a mistake and refusing to revert the mistake to 'save some face' is harmful and will damage your image.

It can be put back if Matt can wave his magic wand and fix this one.

scottish
14-01-2013, 04:43 PM
If people are that desperate then a subforum in other games for runescape would suffice

but as active members of the forum know it's dead and it isn't needed (hell i'm sure ice posted and he's one of the active/longest staying members of the rs section), prefix is absolutely fine but you're just moaning because it's a change to something you want to keep the same forever (ignoring the fact it's dead)

sure activity might pick up at the start of summer when people come back, but having a forum/subforum for the sake of a few weeks of proper activity is stupid.

Chris
14-01-2013, 04:46 PM
If its what they want then fine. Not everything is being put back though, it would only be the runescape forum if its even possible.

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2013, 04:52 PM
It can be put back if Matt can wave his magic wand and fix this one.

You seem to like getting me to wave my magic wand a lot recently! :hmm:

Martin
14-01-2013, 04:53 PM
If people are that desperate then a subforum in other games for runescape would suffice

but as active members of the forum know it's dead and it isn't needed (hell i'm sure ice posted and he's one of the active/longest staying members of the rs section), prefix is absolutely fine but you're just moaning because it's a change to something you want to keep the same forever (ignoring the fact it's dead)

sure activity might pick up at the start of summer when people come back, but having a forum/subforum for the sake of a few weeks of proper activity is stupid.

So is the sports forum? So is the Anime and Other Entertainment Forum? So is the Designing and Development Forum? So is the Show off your Website here Forum? So is the Web Market Forum?

I think the issue here is that the whole forum is getting quieter as a whole, not just this one section. Looking at the 'other games' section as it stands now, most of the threads are runescape related, and comparing it to a LOT of other forums, there isnt much difference really, there are FAR less active ones than runescape was, and even if activity isn't that great, I don't see what harm it was doing really, and even if there was a small group of people using it/a community then I don't see an issue with it.

There was a similar debate on another forum I use in relation to the Eurovision song contest (random I know), people were angry that a forum made for the eurovision song contest had not been removed even once the event was over (it only happens once a year and thats its main peak of activity), however there was a big enough community that wanted it there, if not for discussion purpose, then also for visitors who might come to the forum, be interested in that particular topic and it just makes it more noticeble I guess. In the end they opted to turn it into a subforum of one of the other bigger forums and it worked really well, since the community still got to keep their threads nicely sorted out, all their stickies organised and I guess their own space to discuss that topic.

I thought quite a few people posted their achievements and stuff there, and I guess its just one of those things that goes up and down. Look at the sports forum, its only had one page of posts since october etc, yet there are still people that would be pretty upset if it wasnt there, and to new people browsing the forums, it might just spark interest if they see something they might be into.

I think there is no harm in trying it out as a subforum and seeing what it brings, because a) If there are SOME people that want it back, then it will be nice to them AND it won't have any major negative impact on those that don't. You don't HAVE to look at the subforum if you don't want to, it will just be there for those that do, its not taking up anymore space, its not causing any harm. See how it does I guess, but removing every forum that goes a little quiet would just leave us with not much really.

Chris
14-01-2013, 04:53 PM
You seem to like getting me to wave my magic wand a lot recently! :hmm:

Its a very nice wand thats why. Anyway, is there anything you can do to fix this and restore normality?

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Its a very nice wand thats why. Anyway, is there anything you can do to fix this and restore normality?

Sure I can do all sorts with my wand.

scottish
14-01-2013, 05:13 PM
So is the sports forum? So is the Anime and Other Entertainment Forum? So is the Designing and Development Forum? So is the Show off your Website here Forum? So is the Web Market Forum?

Each of these are specific things, runescape is a game, theres a games forum, common sense dictates should the section essentially 'die' then merging it with the existing forum for it's purpose would be logical?

I think the issue here is that the whole forum is getting quieter as a whole, not just this one section. Looking at the 'other games' section as it stands now, most of the threads are runescape related, and comparing it to a LOT of other forums, there isnt much difference really, there are FAR less active ones than runescape was, and even if activity isn't that great, I don't see what harm it was doing really, and even if there was a small group of people using it/a community then I don't see an issue with it.

The issue is when Runescape was granted it's own forum, there was a thriving community built behind this, of which maybe 2 members are left and theres no sense of community in the forum now. Of course most the threads are going to be related to RS as little discussion takes part on other MMOs hence why its logical for runescape to be within this forum... I remember playing RS constantly posting in the forum, now you only post in the forum for the G&A section which was essentially a free bump in post count.

There was a similar debate on another forum I use in relation to the Eurovision song contest (random I know), people were angry that a forum made for the eurovision song contest had not been removed even once the event was over (it only happens once a year and thats its main peak of activity), however there was a big enough community that wanted it there, if not for discussion purpose, then also for visitors who might come to the forum, be interested in that particular topic and it just makes it more noticeble I guess. In the end they opted to turn it into a subforum of one of the other bigger forums and it worked really well, since the community still got to keep their threads nicely sorted out, all their stickies organised and I guess their own space to discuss that topic.

there isn't a big enough community behind it lol

I thought quite a few people posted their achievements and stuff there, and I guess its just one of those things that goes up and down. Look at the sports forum, its only had one page of posts since october etc, yet there are still people that would be pretty upset if it wasnt there, and to new people browsing the forums, it might just spark interest if they see something they might be into.

Yes people post a screenie of their achievements thats essentially all that is posted there. Comparing a Sports forum to Runescape is a bit different, as Sports is its own thing really, other than 'General' where else would it fit, Runescape is an MMO theres a forum for MMOs..

I think there is no harm in trying it out as a subforum and seeing what it brings, because a) If there are SOME people that want it back, then it will be nice to them AND it won't have any major negative impact on those that don't. You don't HAVE to look at the subforum if you don't want to, it will just be there for those that do, its not taking up anymore space, its not causing any harm. See how it does I guess, but removing every forum that goes a little quiet would just leave us with not much really.

Chris; can i suggest a 1-2 week poll that members are either forced to view or is included in the notification at the top

This way people can't complain about a quick change with no poll or input behind it!!! :)

As everyone who seems to be against you in this thread is posting saying you're making quick changes, this would prevent them from moaning more and making another quick change just now :)

Chris
14-01-2013, 05:18 PM
No forced polls or forced read threads. I think its clear what people want and in this case they want their Runescape forum back! Other then the runescape forum, I would say this change has been a good one to make and as far as I know no one has complained about the other subforums being removed.

In future there will be more polls and community input. I will add forum notices for any major changes that are being discussed, and discussions on changes will be open for a lot longer and wont be rushed.

scottish
14-01-2013, 05:20 PM
No forced polls or forced read threads. I think its clear what people want and in this case they want their Runescape forum back! Other then the runescape forum, I would say this change has been a good one to make and as far as I know no one has complained about the other subforums being removed.

In future there will be more polls and community input. I will add forum notices for any major changes that are being discussed, and discussions on changes will be open for a lot longer and wont be rushed.

They don't though

how many people who actually posted in this forum and use rs want it back?

A poll would be better and we both know the answer would be no.

Bringing it back over like 3 people moaning in here would be silly and it's just following what they're complaining about you, making rash decisions.

I think poll would be the best idea with a notification.

and certainly shouldn't be bringing it back as a forum, at most a subforum.

Chris
14-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Since the majority of the forum don't play runescape I don't think that would be a fair thing to do.

mrwoooooooo
14-01-2013, 05:29 PM
just give it a subforum and get rid of other games

scottish
14-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Since the majority of the forum don't play runescape I don't think that would be a fair thing to do.

so because 3 people or so in this thread do it deserves a subforum? :P

Chris
14-01-2013, 05:33 PM
It would only be a subforum anyway. I dont even know if its possible at the moment so theres not much more I can say.

scottish
14-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Still think it should be put to a poll, or at least x amount of members want it, and this thread there doesn't seem an awful amount that do.

I think 2-3 people who posted in here use RS and are pro-subforum, the rest are against it or don't play rs?

Martin
14-01-2013, 05:35 PM

How is it going to hurt you with it having its own subforum? You don't have to click on it/go into it etc. But if there are people that do then thats a good thing surely, and if activity does increase then thats even better. Its been there long enough, has its own community (no matter how small), and I just thing its a little unfair.

Chris is right in that the rest of the changes this time round were fantastic and have had a good response really, but I don't see the harm in putting it back as a SUBFORUM, if it pleases a few of the people that lost out when it was removed, it will keep it tidier too, since the majority of stuck threads etc now are runescape related. Its only a subforum at the end of the day, hidden away, you dont have to look at it if you dont like runescape. Perhaps the guests who view the forum who find the forum through searching runescape related things on google etc, or just stumble accross it will appreciate it too.

I don't think a poll is fair in this case, and it really will do no harm to anyone with it being a subforum, it will keep all the achievement things and stuff there too then I guess, since during summer there might be quite a few of those, and it would make finding "other" games in the "other games" section tricky etc.

scottish
14-01-2013, 05:42 PM
How is it going to hurt you with it having its own subforum? You don't have to click on it/go into it etc. But if there are people that do then thats a good thing surely, and if activity does increase then thats even better. Its been there long enough, has its own community (no matter how small), and I just thing its a little unfair.

Chris is right in that the rest of the changes this time round were fantastic and have had a good response really, but I don't see the harm in putting it back as a SUBFORUM, if it pleases a few of the people that lost out when it was removed, it will keep it tidier too, since the majority of stuck threads etc now are runescape related. Its only a subforum at the end of the day, hidden away, you dont have to look at it if you dont like runescape. Perhaps the guests who view the forum who find the forum through searching runescape related things on google etc, or just stumble accross it will appreciate it too.

I don't think a poll is fair in this case, and it really will do no harm to anyone with it being a subforum, it will keep all the achievement things and stuff there too then I guess, since during summer there might be quite a few of those, and it would make finding "other" games in the "other games" section tricky etc.

Who said it's going to hurt me having it owns subforum? I can have a say on something without it 'hurting' me? Stupid word choice there. It doesn't have its own community though, people have attempted to re-create it in the past through clans, friends chats and such and it's never worked, it's dead. face it.

I just don't see the need in a subforum for something that's not used enough to justify it. People on the thread have been arguing "ITS HARD TO FIND!!!!!11!!1" so prefix's got sorted, what's the issue now? They just don't want change and I know i'm the last person to criticize this as I do the exact same but that's the way it is.

So if I get 3 people reply in a feedback thread regarding a subforum it'll be created? :P

It wouldn't be 'tricky' as theres prefixes..

Richie
14-01-2013, 05:45 PM

http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://raptorsrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/clap.gif&size=400x1000

Scott we all know how the poll will go, it'll be a bunch of people voting just for the vote. You seem to be the only person who's so anti-runescape, if you don't like it can you not just ignore the sub-forum, sheesh.

scottish
14-01-2013, 05:48 PM
http://thumbs.newschoolers.com/index.php?src=http://raptorsrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/clap.gif&size=400x1000

Scott we all know how the poll will go, it'll be a bunch of people voting just for the vote. You seem to be the only person who's so anti-runescape, if you don't like it can you not just ignore the sub-forum, sheesh.

I couldn't really care if there was a subforum for it or not, I just don't see the logic in it.

And you're all moaning at him for making rash decisions now he'll be doing the same thing regarding the subforum, so your own moaning at him for doing something rash when it's not in your favour but fine if it is..

You seem to be the main person pro-RS? Took 2 days to notice the fact that it had changed and no-one else mentioned it lol, same idea goes for yourself.

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Right,

I'll do you all a deal. I'll leave it as it is until the end of the week - If users still feel that a Runescape sub-forum is needed under "Other Games" then I will personally move all the RS threads into that sub forum and get that enabled for you. We'll do it this way so we can see if people can either get used to the idea of how it is at the moment and if you can't then the sub-forum will come back again. At least then we can say it has been trialed?

Martin
14-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Who said it's going to hurt me having it owns subforum? I can have a say on something without it 'hurting' me? Stupid word choice there. It doesn't have its own community though, people have attempted to re-create it in the past through clans, friends chats and such and it's never worked, it's dead. face it.

I just don't see the need in a subforum for something that's not used enough to justify it. People on the thread have been arguing "ITS HARD TO FIND!!!!!11!!1" so prefix's got sorted, what's the issue now? They just don't want change and I know i'm the last person to criticize this as I do the exact same but that's the way it is.

So if I get 3 people reply in a feedback thread regarding a subforum it'll be created? :P

It wouldn't be 'tricky' as theres prefixes..

Okay in other words, how will having it as a subforum be a negative thing? If there are people that want it then thats fair enough, its been a part of Habbox for quite a while really and whilst the other changes are good, I just don't think it was dead enough to completely remove it. There are other forums that are far quieter in general, and if people come back then thats a good thing, and it will be there waiting for them. the goals and achievements stuff was used quite a bit and it was just nice having it all grouped together.

Its not JUST people who play runescapes opinion that should matter, anyone who uses this forum could have different opinions, but at the end of the day with something like this, its not going to do any harm if it is a subforum, it cant be viewed on the main forum etc. Sure there are prefixes, but most of them relate to runescape anyway, since the goals and achievements things are mainly just used for runescape? (If not that could get pretty confusing deciding what game the achievement is for etc).

Just think that people are underestimating the amount that it was used, most of the threads in there are runescape, which suggests to me that the other previous ones such as minecraft etc were the ones that were suffering, not really runescape. Its been removed before and put back, and I just think this will keep happening unless its just left as a subforum. Wouldn't hurt to try and see what happens :)

scottish
14-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Okay in other words, how will having it as a subforum be a negative thing? If there are people that want it then thats fair enough, its been a part of Habbox for quite a while really and whilst the other changes are good, I just don't think it was dead enough to completely remove it. There are other forums that are far quieter in general, and if people come back then thats a good thing, and it will be there waiting for them. the goals and achievements stuff was used quite a bit and it was just nice having it all grouped together.

Its not JUST people who play runescapes opinion that should matter, anyone who uses this forum could have different opinions, but at the end of the day with something like this, its not going to do any harm if it is a subforum, it cant be viewed on the main forum etc. Sure there are prefixes, but most of them relate to runescape anyway, since the goals and achievements things are mainly just used for runescape? (If not that could get pretty confusing deciding what game the achievement is for etc).

Just think that people are underestimating the amount that it was used, most of the threads in there are runescape, which suggests to me that the other previous ones such as minecraft etc were the ones that were suffering, not really runescape. Its been removed before and put back, and I just think this will keep happening unless its just left as a subforum. Wouldn't hurt to try and see what happens :)

Sigh will you stop posting essays i cba reading so much crap

Because I don't see the justification for it thats why its "negative" if you could even call it negative. It was used for a +1 in post count mainly and a few people posting "gratzzzzzzzzz" or something along those lines, that's the only reason RS was active at all really lol

You just told me it is though, we can't do a poll because people who don't play RS will put their opinion down and the result will be NO so we can't do that, so i'm applying the same thing here? Yes theres 3 prefixes for runescape, so it's easy to list what you want, problem? :S

I'm with MattG on this. Trial it let no-one care and move on.

Martin
14-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Right,

I'll do you all a deal. I'll leave it as it is until the end of the week - If users still feel that a Runescape sub-forum is needed under "Other Games" then I will personally move all the RS threads into that sub forum and get that enabled for you. We'll do it this way so we can see if people can either get used to the idea of how it is at the moment and if you can't then the sub-forum will come back again. At least then we can say it has been trialed?

That sounds like a fair enough option really :)

Kyle
14-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Right,

It's not really something that needs to be trialed since it's not an activity-based decision, it's essentially a case of not attempting to fix something that was never broken, no matter how much its community may have dwindled in recent months. Adding prefixes for a specific runescape-related posts means those that don't play runescape and want to post in that section will be immediately alienated. Nobody can really dispute the fact that it makes far more sense for runescape to have its own subsection - not as a parent forum, but certainly within one of the gaming forum sections.

Because I don't see the justification for it thats why its "negative" if you could even call it negative. It was used for a +1 in post count mainly and a few people posting "gratzzzzzzzzz" or something along those lines, that's the only reason RS was active at all really lol

It allows users to discuss their shared interest in the game. Yes, lots of the posts were to congratulate users on their achievements or wish them luck with future goals but to say that's all the section was used for is simply untrue.

theres 3 prefixes for runescape, so it's easy to list what you want, problem? :S

Other games don't share the same prefixes. It's like merging a movie and music section but only having [SINGLE] or [ALBUM] tags rather than giving them each their own subsection. :P

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2013, 06:49 PM
It's not really something that needs to be trialed since it's not an activity-based decision, it's essentially a case of not attempting to fix something that was never broken, no matter how much its community may have dwindled in recent months. Adding prefixes for a specific runescape-related posts means those that don't play runescape and want to post in that section will be immediately alienated. Nobody can really dispute the fact that it makes far more sense for runescape to have its own subsection - not as a parent forum, but certainly within one of the gaming forum sections.

It allows users to discuss their shared interest in the game. Yes, lots of the posts were to congratulate users on their achievements or wish them luck with future goals but to say that's all the section was used for is simply untrue.

Other games don't share the same prefixes. It's like merging a movie and music section but only having [SINGLE] or [ALBUM] tags rather than giving them each their own subsection. :P

I still feel my deal is the best way to go about it at this moment in time. The week will be over soon :P

scottish
14-01-2013, 06:52 PM

There was maybe several threads a month out with the G&A forum.

[RS] [RS-Goals/Achieves] [RS-Trading] then the other tags would work if that's your issue.

Kyle
14-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I still feel my deal is the best way to go about it at this moment in time. The week will be over soon :P
It is but that doesn't mean the decision to remove the subsection should have ever been made in the first place :P

Martin
14-01-2013, 06:54 PM

[RS] [RS-Goals/Achieves] [RS-Trading] then the other tags would work if that's your issue.

Several threads a month isn't that bad really compared to some of the other MAIN forums, subforums etc, which is why I think it would be fine as a subforum for those that want it, since if it makes them happy then thats good xD

We shall wait until the weekend and see if there is any change in opinion once the new thing has been tried out.

Kyle
14-01-2013, 06:57 PM

Stop grasping at straws in attempt to peddle your precious prefixes. The 'Other Games' section is now cluttered and the problem would be better solved with the addition of a runescape subsection and that's all there is to it.

Chris
14-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Guys just wait until the end of the week and see what happens, arguing about it isn't going to change anything now.

Grig
14-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Guys just wait until the end of the week and see what happens, arguing about it isn't going to change anything now.

What do a few days make :P?

sex
14-01-2013, 07:11 PM

It's way more than three people, stop exaggerating the facts because you're not getting your own way. everyone in this thread has basically agreed that it should be brought back bar you because you seem to have some ocd related issue where one forum causes you stress, and you want them all merged into one.

the only time i ever went into that part of the forum was for minecraft and i can't even seem to find one minecraft related post (not that i'm saying there was many) because its mostly all ruinscape..

nvm minecrafts in another forum lmao, it should still be brought back because its not just "three people"

Chris
14-01-2013, 07:12 PM
What do a few days make :P?

Gives it time to settle. People react to change very quickly and don't give things a fair chance, so if we wait a while and see how things go then we can make a decision based on that.

Grig
14-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Essentially these argument go on loop. I made my case in this thread yesterday and still believe in it, the pros outweigh the cons and the logic of some arguments here simply don't make sense, especially when a few people are being overtly aggressive in order to get their way. That isn't how a forum should ever be run.

scottish
14-01-2013, 07:14 PM
It's way more than three people, stop exaggerating the facts because you're not getting your own way. everyone in this thread has basically agreed that it should be brought back bar you because you seem to have some ocd related issue where one forum causes you stress, and you want them all merged into one.

the only time i ever went into that part of the forum was for minecraft and i can't even seem to find one minecraft related post (not that i'm saying there was many) because its mostly all ruinscape..

Saying 3 people is exaggerating? lol

sort prefixes by 'minecraft' or whatever it's under then, even you could manage that

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Few days can make a lot of difference. Remember when people protested again Sulake changing the font of Habbo? You don't see anyone moaning about it now. Just wait until the end of the weekend as I am pretty sure the sub-forum will come back by the looks of this thread.

Richie
14-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Few days can make a lot of difference. Remember when people protested again Sulake changing the font of Habbo? You don't see anyone moaning about it now. Just wait until the end of the weekend as I am pretty sure the sub-forum will come back by the looks of this thread.

So we wait then express our views again in the next few days?

xxMATTGxx
14-01-2013, 07:22 PM
So we wait then express our views again in the next few days?

Can do if you want. Give me a few extra days of not going through all the threads! :P

Grig
14-01-2013, 07:24 PM
This made me think about the Sunday Updates on the forum. Then I remembered they have long been ceased :P.

Chris
14-01-2013, 07:25 PM
This made me think about the Sunday Updates on the forum. Then I remembered they have long been ceased :P.

We update as and when we need to now instead of doing it just on Sundays.

Kardan
14-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Good to see management considering other options :) I do wonder why prefixes are also pushed as a good idea, because I'm sure the general concensus were that they look tacky and management themselves didn't like them...

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 07:57 PM ----------

Chris; can i suggest a 1-2 week poll that members are either forced to view or is included in the notification at the top

This way people can't complain about a quick change with no poll or input behind it!!! :)

As everyone who seems to be against you in this thread is posting saying you're making quick changes, this would prevent them from moaning more and making another quick change just now :)

Just for future reference, when polls are done there definitely needs to be other options than just yes or no. In this case for example 'Yes - Merge Forum', 'No - Keep Forum/Create sub-forum' 'Neither - I have no interest', just so we don't get people voting for something they don't truly believe in like the assorted/misc poll that was flawed in so many ways.

Charz777
14-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Judging from this useful list:

The problem seems to be that the Online Games forum lacked a lot more activity than Runescape, so that's the reason it seems cluttered. However, it was obvious that the Runescape forum was lacking activity and certainly did not need to be a "parent forum" any more (i.e. a forum that appears on the front page).

Perhaps having a Runescape sub-forum under the Online Games parent forum would be a good idea? There's no point reverting back to having it as a parent forum when it is: 1. an Online Game and; 2. Isn't a substantially active area of the forum.

A sub-forum for Runescape in Online Games is a very good idea. More suitable, I'd say, than having it's own forum as it should be under Online Games. I think the prefixes just look awful.

Richie
22-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Chris; it has been 8 days now and the runescape section has proven to be active.

RyRy
22-01-2013, 08:23 AM
So the forums coming back because it's gotten more active? Few weeks later it will have died again like it always does, and then this thread will be back saying how the forum is so dead then rinse & repeat it all over again.

Tl;dr it's more active because people want it back, once it's back it'll die down again.

JerseySafety
22-01-2013, 08:29 AM
So the forums coming back because it's gotten more active? Few weeks later it will have died again like it always does, and then this thread will be back saying how the forum is so dead then rinse & repeat it all over again.

Tl;dr it's more active because people want it back, once it's back it'll die down again.

This is what I was thinking tbh, it isn't really that much more active than it has been; all I can see is a few of the same users commenting on a load of Runescape threads, it's as simple as that. I mean yeah people come & go from Runescape and there will be peak times throughout the year.

I don't think it's active enough to warrant it's own forum, possibly if it gets more active with genuine discussion threads (not just posting pictures in goals/achievements and typing 'good job, good luck on 99' that isn't good discussion), I mean there's been like 4 new threads over the past 2 weeks which could warrant a sub-forum I guess.

Richie
22-01-2013, 08:31 AM

I don't think it's active enough to have its own individual forum but it's definitely active enough to have its own subforum, then if that goes to complete shambles, use the prefixes but it should be given a chance as a subforum before removing it completely.

Kardan
22-01-2013, 08:34 AM
This is what I was thinking tbh, it isn't really that much more active than it has been; all I can see is a few of the same users commenting on a load of Runescape threads, it's as simple as that. I mean yeah people come & go from Runescape and there will be peak times throughout the year.

I don't think it's active enough to warrant it's own sub-forum yet, possibly if it gets more active with genuine discussion threads (not just posting pictures in goals/achievements and typing 'good job, good luck on 99' that isn't good discussion), I mean there's been like 4 new threads over the past 2 weeks.

Saying that it isn't real discussion isn't a good reason for it not to be kept hidden away after management decided the opposite for assorted/misc. I'm still in favour of the subforum in online games, prefixes are the worst thing in the world...

scottish
22-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Pretty sure the trial was meant to end last fri/sat, fact no-one cared to mention it until tuesday shows the lack of interest except 1 person....

I still say leave it how it is, if the trials proved anything it's obviously not that much of an issue using prefixes..

RyRy
23-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Pretty sure the trial was meant to end last fri/sat, fact no-one cared to mention it until tuesday shows the lack of interest except 1 person....

I still say leave it how it is, if the trials proved anything it's obviously not that much of an issue using prefixes..

Seeing that Chris; & xxMATTGxx; have said "give it a couple of days", I would say they want to leave it how it is. There's only one or two users who actually think it's a big deal that the Runescape forum isn't a sub forum. Tthere was the initial uproar of the Runescape section being completely removed & now the same members who caused the uproar have changed their tune and now are opting for a sub-forum at most?

It says a lot about how little a Runescape-dedicated (sub-)forum matters.

Kardan
23-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Seeing that Chris; & xxMATTGxx; have said "give it a couple of days", I would say they want to leave it how it is. There's only one or two users who actually think it's a big deal that the Runescape forum isn't a sub forum. Tthere was the initial uproar of the Runescape section being completely removed & now the same members who caused the uproar have changed their tune and now are opting for a sub-forum at most?

It says a lot about how little a Runescape-dedicated (sub-)forum matters.

Chris has already stated that it would only come back as a sub-forum, which is reasonable. We're not bothered about it not being seen from the front page, we're bothered that our threads are mixed in with the others. I'm also against prefixes personally, but management keep introducing them :P

JoeyK.
29-01-2013, 02:13 AM
It's a mess how it is right now, too disorganized having the section merged with other games. If you don't want it to have its own main forum, at least make it a subforum of Online Games so the stickies and threads are easier to read through. The amount of RS posts so far is still higher than all of the other games in the section.

Zak
29-01-2013, 12:12 PM
I feel a sub-forum would be best for the Runescape section at the moment. :) Its been quite inactive for a while but not so unactive it doesn't deserve a subforum. :)

xxMATTGxx
05-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Do you expect:

Trading Items
Goals & Achievements Forum

To make a return as well? Or can we stick with the prefixes on that. Please say no... I'll pay you all to say no.

David
05-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Do you expect:

Trading Items

To make a return as well? Or can we stick with the prefixes on that. Please say no... I'll pay you all to say no.

acp or no deal

xxMATTGxx
05-02-2013, 08:10 PM
acp or no deal

Do you make more alterations of me with that deal?

scottish
05-02-2013, 08:18 PM
if you refuse to make games forums for the likes of wixard; then bringing back runescape is just plain ******ed..

but then again i don't expect better

if it was brought back (which it shouldn't) then having a subforum of a forum with more subforums is just going to go back to the same issue the whole change was done to prevent...

if it comes back it should be a subforum of online games with prefixes for trading and g&a.

Kardan
05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Do you expect:

Trading Items

I reckon a RuneScape sub forum would be fine on it's own but without prefixes. Not only do prefixes look god damn ugly, but it's pretty clear to see a trading thread and a goal thread from all the others.

xxMATTGxx
05-02-2013, 08:25 PM
if you refuse to make games forums for the likes of wixard; then bringing back runescape is just plain ******ed..

but then again i don't expect better

if it was brought back (which it shouldn't) then having a subforum of a forum with more subforums is just going to go back to the same issue the whole change was done to prevent...

if it comes back it should be a subforum of online games with prefixes for trading and g&a.

That suggestion was for one game. Then others decided about a forum for games like it that users can do throughout the uear - I don't believe a proper suggestion or plan has been posted in feedback. You don't expect better? I'm just going off what users have said in this thread about wanting RS to have a sub-forum. If none of those people are going to reply to my post about prefixes then there is no point in doing it I guess.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 08:26 PM ----------

I reckon a RuneScape sub forum would be fine on it's own but without prefixes. Not only do prefixes look god damn ugly, but it's pretty clear to see a trading thread and a goal thread from all the others.

Will make putting the threads back a lot easier without the other two sub-forums you see :P

Kardan
05-02-2013, 08:29 PM
That suggestion was for one game. Then others decided about a forum for games like it that users can do throughout the uear - I don't believe a proper suggestion or plan has been posted in feedback. You don't expect better? I'm just going off what users have said in this thread about wanting RS to have a sub-forum. If none of those people are going to reply to my post about prefixes then there is no point in doing it I guess.

Will make putting the threads back a lot easier without the other two sub-forums you see :P

I don't think the two sub-forums are needed, so you should just shove everything back into the RuneScape sub-forum (whilst keeping that in online games to please everyone else...)

scottish
05-02-2013, 08:32 PM
There should be prefixes if it's put back as it's easier to identify and if you're only interested in trading then you're going to be flooded with G&A or general (well flooded is obviously exaggeration as theres like 10 threads a month)

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 08:33 PM ----------

i still don't see the need, the weekend was meant to end like 3-4 weeks ago and like 2 people have posted since then, one of whom doesn't use the section..

Typoh
08-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Hello Matt,

I personally think we don't need sub forums although a 'section' for all Runescape would be nice..

I've recently returned and only did for the fact of the Runescape community. :P

Cheers,
Arnold

Do you expect:

Trading Items

IceNineKills
15-02-2013, 06:19 PM
With the activity there is really low, sub forums are not really needed. it only gets a few posts a week. i'm happy the way it is.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!