PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in the southern States?

Charz777
14-01-2013, 11:19 AM
So, holiday in the summer. Three weeks travelling around Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Mississippi (also nipping to Tennessee but we've been there before and already know how time will be spent there).

Anyways, we've spent lots of time researching places on the internet but it's always hard to tell so I figured I should ask people who may know first hand. Or to see if anyone knows of any websites which my help :)

lawrawrrr
14-01-2013, 11:25 AM
I've been to the first three but didn't really stop much as we were driving from Florida to Texas to get to the airport, was a horrible couple of days!!

Texas is great though, you HAVE to go to to a ranch and be a cowboy for a day, it's pretty cool (if you like horses that is).

Tripadvisor has good suggestions and also http://www.thingstodo.com/ then pick the state :)

Charz777
14-01-2013, 12:35 PM
We are thinking of staying at a ranch in Texas for the first week, so it should be good. Thank you for the website, it's similar to one I've used before but hopefully I can find a few more things on there :D

Shockwave.2CC
15-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Not been to any of those states, but if you go to tennessee, then you can meet up with Ms.Aquamarine; :)

Ms.Aquamarine
15-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Haha I'll also be traveling around a few southern states in the summer with family. Out of curiousity, where in Tennessee did you travel to? :)

Metric1
15-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm going to florida!!!!!!! love the south!!!!

-:Undertaker:-
16-01-2013, 04:08 AM
I'm so jealous aha, want to visit Texas a lot - a barn dance would be good fun I think.

Charz777
22-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Haha I'll also be traveling around a few southern states in the summer with family. Out of curiousity, where in Tennessee did you travel to? :)

Last time we went to Ashville, Nashville and Memphis. I wanted to go to Dollywood and my Dad wanted to do the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and other music-y things :P This time we're just going into Memphis to see Graceland.

adriel35
20-02-2013, 02:15 PM
I love to go San Antonio in Texas, it is a place which have great food and the people of San Antonio are very friendly and it's attractions are quite good for visitors and tourist.

Zak
21-02-2013, 11:52 AM
As I said to David, use TripAdvisor.

Search for a place then view the attractions there. With unbiased reviews you're likely to have a great experience at a top rated attraction. :)

eBrad
21-02-2013, 02:17 PM
To be honest, I don't really fancy going to southern states.

CammyPtheGreat
22-02-2013, 11:31 PM
You should definitely check out New Orleans. I grew up there, and it's incredible! So many historial sites to see, as well as awesome street performers. The French Quarter is great. You can literally walk around for days and not see everything. Not to mention the night life. I'm not sure how old you are but it's definitely the city to visit if you're trying to party. Oh, and the food is incredible. Just wait until you try true Louisiana cajun food.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!