PDA

View Full Version : FTL: Faster Than Light

RyRy
14-01-2013, 04:40 PM
This is the Steam deal that's going on right now, costs £3.50 and I've been playing it for an hour or so now. I wanted to give you guys a few reasons as to why you should buy it right now, regardless of whether it's full price or half price.

The game is about managing your own spaceship & taking care of the crew as well as your systems whilst you travel throughout different systems. You bump into slavers, pirates, fellow federation members, asteroid fields, nebulas... That was in my first hour of playing and I didn't really get that far either. So yeah, reasons:

It's a tough game

I've struggled to find a proper challenge in games, but this on NORMAL mode is bloody difficult. LIKE SERIOUSLY sometimes I can't even get past the 1st solar system because you're getting butt rushed by pirates who are bombing your shields and you die soon after they board your vessel and kill every crew member you knew briefly.

You will get emotionally attached to the crew

No joke, you do. I named all my crew members after my friends and as you play through, you develop this worry and concern that they won't make it out alive when all you wanna do is see them teach the end and survive their mission. When you watch a crew member suffocate because the oxygen systems are critical, it is sad. When you watch a crew member get eaten by giant spiders, it's sad. When you watch a crew member get mauled to pieces by somebody having a fist fight with them, you can watch their health slowly go down AND ITS SAD. And then when your hull gets fully breached and your ship blows up, you might as well cry

You can pick it up and play

It's not one of those games you have to invest a lot of time into to get the general jist, and you can really just walk on and play it. So yeah that's nice seeing as most games want you to do tons of things before you even get to the good stuff, where this actually chucks you knee deep into the action.

The price

It's what, £7 at full price? It's almost expensive for Steam (if you're a cheapskate like me) but the game fully justifies the cost. Buy it at half price and you'd pay £20 for it, it's one of those games you will love.

You don't have to have a beefy PC to play it

It's all 2D so yeah, most people would be able to run it quite easily. Probably less system intensive than Minecraft is on lowest settings, almost like a flash game really.

SO YEAH BUY IT (http://store.steampowered.com/app/212680)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!