PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Habbo Hotel

Bails
16-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Though I'm not part of the old generation, I've seen Habbo go downhill so much in 2011 stroke 2012. Just wounder, when do you guys think that that Habbo will close down? I predict the near future - Unless the staff/management get their act together ASAP.

Kardan
16-01-2013, 06:46 PM
I can't see Habbo making the end of 2014 personally...

GoldenMerc
16-01-2013, 07:01 PM
It'll prob drag through 2013

karter
16-01-2013, 07:03 PM
people seem to get back on, if they bring back some good old features traffic may increase idk

Kyle
16-01-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm sure they have a few more recoloured LTD rares they can squeeze out to get them through the year, then it'll probably just turn into a full on gaming platform.

zombies
16-01-2013, 07:21 PM
i think theyre going in the right direction atm.

Yourgame652
16-01-2013, 07:32 PM
This year is really make or break for Habbo Hotel. If they continue to ignore the userbase, like they have been doing for years under the LaFontaine Administration, they will suffer the consequences. Most of the new features they have added recently (monster plants, game centre etc.) have almost no appeal or character, and the original features that were popular (Battleball, old public rooms etc.) were removed without much hesitation.

I'm glad to see HC back, but I don't understand why they didn't bring it back in it's original incarnation, with original badges and the 12 month cycle of gifts. When will they learn.

Unless they get their act together now, it will be too late - However it may already be to late.

Kardan
16-01-2013, 08:44 PM
This year is really make or break for Habbo Hotel. If they continue to ignore the userbase, like they have been doing for years under the LaFontaine Administration, they will suffer the consequences. Most of the new features they have added recently (monster plants, game centre etc.) have almost no appeal or character, and the original features that were popular (Battleball, old public rooms etc.) were removed without much hesitation.

I'm glad to see HC back, but I don't understand why they didn't bring it back in it's original incarnation, with original badges and the 12 month cycle of gifts. When will they learn.

Unless they get their act together now, it will be too late - However it may already be to late.

Why does everyone say battleball was popular? Battleball was barely popular after the initial hype, the fact that you had to pay to play made the game pretty much redundant other than the people boosting for the badge.

JoeyK.
16-01-2013, 08:48 PM
As long as they can keep milking money from their users, it won't close - regardless of how unpopular changes are, they still get plenty of new users all the time. When you see online users drop to 25-50% of current numbers at peak times is when you know that it might be getting close to the end of its life, though Sulake will likely come out with something new at that point.

You think there was a drop in quality between 2011-2012? Imagine watching the game fall from glory ever since 2003 :P

Kardan
16-01-2013, 08:51 PM
As long as they can keep milking money from their users, it won't close - regardless of how unpopular changes are, they still get plenty of new users all the time. When you see online users drop to 25-50% of current numbers at peak times is when you know that it might be getting close to the end of its life, though Sulake will likely come out with something new at that point.

You think there was a drop in quality between 2011-2012? Imagine watching the game fall from glory ever since 2003 :P

Do they? And as for online users dropping, back in 04/05/06 you could get up to 14,000 users on the British hotel at one time. Now you get around 6,000 on the English hotel, that tells me that users have dropped significantly. Of course Habbo will stay open as it's making a profit, but I don't think that will last for too much longer.

JoeyK.
16-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Do they? And as for online users dropping, back in 04/05/06 you could get up to 14,000 users on the British hotel at one time. Now you get around 6,000 on the English hotel, that tells me that users have dropped significantly. Of course Habbo will stay open as it's making a profit, but I don't think that will last for too much longer.

I didn't look into the numbers at all, but if it's dropped by more than half then I would say it's nearing the end of its life. I'm sure a majority of those playing today are not ones who were online in 06, so they still do receive a fair amount of new users. The question then becomes how much life does HxF have left in it? ;)

sex
16-01-2013, 09:17 PM
i'd love too see their profits from last year because im pretty sure 2011 was their most successful year ever, as long as its making money it wont close. it's sulake's main product

Kardan
16-01-2013, 09:17 PM
I didn't look into the numbers at all, but if it's dropped by more than half then I would say it's nearing the end of its life. I'm sure a majority of those playing today are not ones who were online in 06, so they still do receive a fair amount of new users. The question then becomes how much life does HxF have left in it? ;)

Nope, the Xmas 2006 badge is considered rare and impressive now. And don't bring HxF into this :P It's actually been discussed quite a bit recently about what would happen if Habbo closed. I think the worse thing would be to rebrand the forum as a teen forum. It'd just die completely...

Yourgame652
16-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Why does everyone say battleball was popular? Battleball was barely popular after the initial hype, the fact that you had to pay to play made the game pretty much redundant other than the people boosting for the badge.

Well, Battleball certainly seems to be missed now! It sure was better than the other games we have on the client at the moment. Heck, the Cunning Fox game halls were better quality games than the ones now - funner too! :)

Kardan
16-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Well, Battleball certainly seems to be missed now! It sure was better than the other games we have on the client at the moment. Heck, the Cunning Fox game halls were better quality games than the ones now - funner too! :)

Did you ever go into the game hall? All were broken except battleships, which then broke. It was an empty room for years. And I'm sure if battleball came back, and it still had the same ticket system (which I'm guessing it wouldn't, since tickets aren't on the hotel anymore), then it'd be popular for a week or two and then die out. Why pay for games when Habbo gave games for free now? It would have to come back as a free game.

Yourgame652
16-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Did you ever go into the game hall? All were broken except battleships, which then broke. It was an empty room for years.

Thats my point - it was still better than games some of the ones we have at the moment (i.e. the present games are bad)! :P

I would agree with you, that no-one would play it if you had to buy tickets. It would be pointless as you could play a free, similar alternative in other people's rooms - they would have to make Battleball free.

I feel that if Battleball was brought back (as a free game) it would eventually become more popular than Battle Banzai. We have already seen this happen when Snowstorm was brought back and people stopped playing Freeze.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!