PDA

View Full Version : From a person whos experienced it all in Habbo...

Oidz2
20-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Alot of people are unhappy with Habbo, and I completely agree. From someone who has been on this game a decade I have seen so many things change (Some for the good, and some for the worst). These are just some of the things that I would like to point out which I feel need truly improving:

Community - If you're an old man like me, there was a time on UK Hotel where we had an Orange homepage which felt truly like a community. We had weekly newsletters that were published every week, (some of mine were published), and we had competitions such as Funky Friday. It was a true community, where us Habbo's reached a peak of 13k+ users every night. With the merge now you're lucky to even hit 6k. Now Habbo has turned into a huge client, and the sense of the word 'community' has gone. Although I am aware that they are trying to bring this back. I mean back in my time we had 'Hotel Staff Alerts' where the little kid in my time rushed to the room to try get in a /25 room asap!. We also had Dionysus weekly Soapbox where we let our voice be heard.

Public Spaces - These should never have been removed. And if they do return, it should not be in a 'Guest room format'. I'd truly like to see games like Wobble Squabble and Battleball return and I hope they do. WS was one of my favourite games, and I even peaked top of the leaderboard a few times. And how can I forget the 'Cunning Fox Gamehall' with games like Battleships they had to offer.

Sure this is all nostalgia feeling, and I am no longer that young kid 10 years ago. But we all agree Habbo hasnt listened to its community and its their fault that Habbo has become what it's become. Obviously a game needs updating, but the updates they did were not wanted. I could stand here and say 'GIVE ME THE OLD HABBO CONSOLE' but I understand this isnt 2001 - 2006/7 anymore. I just hope Habbo can look at ways and bring old features back and maybe revamp them to update them in our current time. Habbo Club is a step forward, and I hope it continues.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!