PDA

View Full Version : Projector for gaming - a good idea?

Mr-Trainor
29-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi, so I wanted to get an xbox to have in my room, but I don't have a TV and don't have room for one. So I was thinking of using a projector, particularly as my cousin had his xbox on a projector and it seemed good but I didn't really play it properly - does anyone play Xbox or other gaming consoles on a projector, and would you recommend doing so?

Chippiewill
29-01-2013, 07:56 PM
If you're serious about gaming then the latency of the projector may be an issue if it's a cheap one.

David
29-01-2013, 07:57 PM
GoldenMerc; is the only person I know with a gaming setup using a projector.

Personally I think it's a good idea in theory but I probably wouldn't like the quality of the output

GoldenMerc
29-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Its average, I have 2 xboxs, one with a 42" Bravia (which works superb) and a projector thats like god knows how big, its huge. Graphically crap, Try play in the day and your eyes go closed haha. Only play on projector at night really

mrwoooooooo
29-01-2013, 10:39 PM
you dont have room for a tv but you have room for a projector? :S

zombies
29-01-2013, 10:53 PM

i was thinking about that.

i'm interested and serious in this too!

lawrawrrr
29-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Well a TV stands on a piece of furniture really, a projector would be attatched to the wall/is much smaller surely?

My friend has a small-ish projector for his room and it looks pretty awesome at night, can't see it in the day at all though unless the curtains are shut :/

edit: tbf when i say pretty awesome it's a cool setup, but the quality is nowhere NEAR that of a tv/pc monitor at all.

mrwoooooooo
30-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Well a TV stands on a piece of furniture really, a projector would be attatched to the wall/is much smaller surely?

Tvs can go on walls.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

auffant1
30-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I can't eve imagine using a projector to play Xbox. It would literally drive me crazy. The best thing I can suggest is to look into some cheap flatscreens that you can mount on your wall (assuming all your wall space isn't taken up).

Mr-Trainor
30-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks for replying everyone :)!

If you're serious about gaming then the latency of the projector may be an issue if it's a cheap one.
Well I'm not that serious, but yeah I was concerned about the quality.

@GoldenMerc (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26925); is the only person I know with a gaming setup using a projector.

Personally I think it's a good idea in theory but I probably wouldn't like the quality of the output
Yeah I found his thread when I searched :P. And yeah, it is a good idea but I guess the quality wouldn't be as good :(.

Its average, I have 2 xboxs, one with a 42" Bravia (which works superb) and a projector thats like god knows how big, its huge. Graphically crap, Try play in the day and your eyes go closed haha. Only play on projector at night really
Hmm, well I'd want to use it in the day as well, so I guess that's a no then :P.

i was thinking about that.

i'm interested and serious in this too!
I laughed so much, idk why. But yeah, I hate playing on a small TV but don't have room for a big TV. Projectors are not big at all and can be moved around, so wouldn't really take up much space at all :S.

My friend has a small-ish projector for his room and it looks pretty awesome at night, can't see it in the day at all though unless the curtains are shut :/

edit: tbf when i say pretty awesome it's a cool setup, but the quality is nowhere NEAR that of a tv/pc monitor at all.
Yeah my cousins one did look really good, but it was at night so that's probably why :P.

Tvs can go on walls.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I can't eve imagine using a projector to play Xbox. It would literally drive me crazy. The best thing I can suggest is to look into some cheap flatscreens that you can mount on your wall (assuming all your wall space isn't taken up).
Yeah but then there's the hassle of setting that up, and the two walls where it'd work have plug sockets meaning electrical wires that would have to be avoided :P. I'll think about it :P!

BigtimeRyan
30-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm getting one and having a sort of gaming room with PS3 and my laptop connected to projector and stuff. But make sure you get a good one so you don't always have to turn your lights off to use it

Recursion
30-01-2013, 04:15 PM
The bulbs are going to cost a bomb unless you drop enough money for an LED projector... in which case have fun when 20,000 hours have passed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!