PDA

View Full Version : Unblocking a website?

Samantha
04-02-2013, 08:17 PM
For a short while now I've wondered why I can hardly see images on HabboxForum, yesterday I realised it's because McAfee blocks imgur.com and I don't know how to unblock it as I can't see any options to do it. Any ideas?

xxMATTGxx
04-02-2013, 08:18 PM
For a short while now I've wondered why I can hardly see images on HabboxForum, yesterday I realised it's because McAfee blocks imgur.com and I don't know how to unblock it as I can't see any options to do it. Any ideas?

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/46728

David
04-02-2013, 08:20 PM
could always uninstall mcafee +o(

Samantha
04-02-2013, 08:21 PM
https://community.mcafee.com/thread/46728

Already seen that and it didn't help as that's what can access the Internet on your computer, not websites.

xxMATTGxx
04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Already seen that and it didn't help as that's what can access the Internet on your computer, not websites.

Then go through each one until you find a solution that helps you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Unblocking+a+website+on+McAfee&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Or even better uninstall the software and install something better.

Samantha
04-02-2013, 08:25 PM
David; xxMATTGxx; why would I when my mum paid for it? I've googled it and nothing came up about it.

xxMATTGxx
04-02-2013, 08:29 PM
David; xxMATTGxx; why would I when my mum paid for it? I've googled it and nothing came up about it.

Search the product name and put "Unblocking a website" after it and results would so come up. Look into the application and look for anywhere that mentions filtering or safe sites or trusted sites. Something on the lines of that.

peteyt
04-02-2013, 10:23 PM
@David (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=73895); @xxMATTGxx (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=1020); why would I when my mum paid for it? I've googled it and nothing came up about it.

No point in using a program if its going to stop you doing what you want though. Try turning some of the features off one by one and checking the site to see if you can identify which part is blocking it.

overskrill
05-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Uninstall McAfee.
Install MalwareBytes
Scan regularly / be more cautious with your downloads.
? ? ?

Samantha
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Uninstall McAfee.
Install MalwareBytes
? ? ?

Lmao what, I'm already very careful, nor am I uninstalling it.

overskrill
05-02-2013, 02:07 PM

If you're careful (enough) then why use an anti-virus? You have a habbo-related avatar so I assume you're like twelve years old at a push, it's quite unlikely that you're careful enough if any of this is true.

mrwoooooooo
05-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Just uninstall mcafee

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jack!
05-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Uninstall McAfee, its not worth the money you pay, and get Microsoft Security Essentials.

Samantha
05-02-2013, 05:44 PM
If you're careful (enough) then why use an anti-virus? You have a habbo-related avatar so I assume you're like twelve years old at a push, it's quite unlikely that you're careful enough if any of this is true.

Oh my you don't understand that the avatar is a joke. I'm 18, there's people older than me on here who still play. Also, I don't deal with the anti virus,it's a precaution my parents take.

peteyt
05-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Uninstall McAfee.
Install MalwareBytes
? ? ?

Sadly MalwareBytes is only mainly for adaware, spyware and a few other things. The developers themselves have stated it is not designed to replace an actual antivirus program but instead to complement it. Also MalwareBytes won't scan archives, which they state is the antiviruses job. Great program still though.

Uninstall McAfee, its not worth the money you pay, and get Microsoft Security Essentials
Sadly Microsoft's Security Essentials has went downhill lately. There was a post on here about it not so long ago. Basically it failed a load of tests meaning it's not picking as many viruses up compared to others.

I'd recommend myself something like Eset, Avast, AVG etc. I use Eset myself as it doesn't slow stuff down. In the past I've used McAfee and found its programs to be very bloated often hogging resources.

Samantha
05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I probably would uninstall it if I could, I can't exactly remember but I think I did have a free one on previously so I'll double check that. Thanks though xxx.

Jack!
05-02-2013, 10:40 PM
-SNIP-

Daily definition updates, hasn't let me down yet (Also do a scan with malwarebytes every so often.)

Volcano
06-02-2013, 12:35 AM

Calm down kid, here ;)

Launch the McAfee Security Center software on your computer.

Click "Parental Controls," then click "Configure." The Parental Controls Configuration page opens.

Click "Advanced," then click "User Settings" on the Parental Controls pane.

Select your user account from the list, then click the "Edit" button. The Edit User Account window opens.

Click "Off" under "Image Filtering," then click "OK."

Samantha
06-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Calm down kid, here ;)

Launch the McAfee Security Center software on your computer.

Click "Parental Controls," then click "Configure." The Parental Controls Configuration page opens.

Click "Advanced," then click "User Settings" on the Parental Controls pane.

Select your user account from the list, then click the "Edit" button. The Edit User Account window opens.

Click "Off" under "Image Filtering," then click "OK."

After clicking on Parental Controls there's no button for configure, only change (for the administrator password) or edit (for protect your family) :(.

peteyt
07-02-2013, 01:50 AM
After clicking on Parental Controls there's no button for configure, only change (for the administrator password) or edit (for protect your family) :(.

Can you not turn the paternal control off. If that's what is causing the problem it won't hurt because Mcafee's virus protection and firewall will still be active. Try even turning it off and viewing the forum and see if it actually makes any difference.

Samantha
07-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Can you not turn the paternal control off. If that's what is causing the problem it won't hurt because Mcafee's virus protection and firewall will still be active. Try even turning it off and viewing the forum and see if it actually makes any difference.

At first I did think it would be parental controls but it turned out that I didn't even have them on (I only have 2 users on my laptop, me being the admin and my sister's name yet she never uses it). There are also parental controls available on the browser options but I can't have them due to being the admin, I might check other browsers just to see if it occurs on one of them that way I know if there's a problem elsewhere. I also found that Tumblr is blocked too, it might just be the process of making my security more lenient in the end.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!