PDA

View Full Version : Smoothwall firewall bypass

BigtimeRyan
05-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Ill make this quick because I tried to post this before so I'm writing it out again because I had no signal. -_- Basically smoothwall firewall is on school computers and on wifi network. Games and social networking sites are blocked. Don't say "wait until you get home". I go to boarding school and I'm only home saturdays.

So: Proxys are all blocked and new ones are detected and blocked
: ultra surf dosn't work
So does anyone know a software or website that could bypass smoothwall. By the way smoothwall is really good isn't like any old cheap firewall

Thanks in advance

mrwoooooooo
05-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Try adding https to the start of urls l. I manage the smoothwall at the school where I work ;) its very good tbh but you already know that haha

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jack!
05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I assume they use IE, I used to get around our college filter by making a command prompt in Notepad, save it as file.cmd and make it so it launches IE without addons, its how I got around it at my college, might work for you.

mrwoooooooo
05-02-2013, 06:22 PM
I assume they use IE, I used to get around our college filter by making a command prompt in Notepad, save it as file.cmd and make it so it launches IE without addons, its how I got around it at my college, might work for you.

it wont, all internet traffic will be routed through a smoothwall proxy

Recursion
05-02-2013, 06:42 PM
No, because Smoothwall is most likely in place as a transparent proxy. Smoothwall does on-the-fly content inspection (and can do HTTPS too), you're gonna have a very hard time getting around it if it's put in properly. I wouldn't bother wasting your time or risking disciplinary action to be honest (considering it's a boarding school).

I should think they also have NTLM authentication setup, meaning everything going through it is accountable to your user account.

BigtimeRyan
10-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Try adding https to the start of urls l. I manage the smoothwall at the school where I work ;) its very good tbh but you already know that haha

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Https does not work and the ip address of websites dosn't work either :/

---------- Post added 10-02-2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

No, because Smoothwall is most likely in place as a transparent proxy. Smoothwall does on-the-fly content inspection (and can do HTTPS too), you're gonna have a very hard time getting around it if it's put in properly. I wouldn't bother wasting your time or risking disciplinary action to be honest (considering it's a boarding school).

I should think they also have NTLM authentication setup, meaning everything going through it is accountable to your user account.

Well when we use the internet over wifi we have to login with our school username and password

Jack!
10-02-2013, 02:03 PM
not worth the trouble.

peteyt
12-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Ill make this quick because I tried to post this before so I'm writing it out again because I had no signal. -_- Basically smoothwall firewall is on school computers and on wifi network. Games and social networking sites are blocked. Don't say "wait until you get home". I go to boarding school and I'm only home saturdays.

So: Proxys are all blocked and new ones are detected and blocked
: ultra surf dosn't work
So does anyone know a software or website that could bypass smoothwall. By the way smoothwall is really good isn't like any old cheap firewall

Thanks in advance

I have a strange possible idea but can't remember the actual site. A while ago I found an online site which was basically a remote computer which I believe was secure - basically like an online VPS where multiple users could use part of it. Sadly I don't know the URL, think someone posted it on here, but if the site actually worked you could use it to access stuff. However if your being monitored they could simply block the site.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!