PDA

View Full Version : Dell goes private in $24.4 billion deal, including $2 billion loan from Microsoft

Chippiewill
05-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Dell has officially closed a buyout of the company, taking the company off the publicly-traded stock market and into private hands. The deal is being financed by cash and equity from CEO Michael Dell, funds from investment firms Silver Lake and MSD Capital, a $2 billion loan from Microsoft, plus debt financing from a number of banks as well as Dell's cash on hand. Dell's shareholders will receive $13.65 for each share of common Dell stock they hold, up about 25 percent from Dell's closing share price of $10.88 back on January 11th, which Dell says is the last day prior to rumors of the buying starting to circulate. Those rumors have escalated in the last week, when Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal reported that discussions to bring Dell private were serious, and that a deal could be reached in the following six weeks.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/5/3904452/dell-goes-private

Hopefully it'll allow Dell to re-become the great company they used to be.

Metric1
06-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I used to buy Dells but now I buy Macs only. If Dell had a decent product I would't have switched..

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 12:25 AM
I used to buy Dells but now I buy Macs only. If Dell had a decent product I would't have switched..

There is more than one company that makes computers that run the Windows operating system...

Volcano
06-02-2013, 12:26 AM
Looking forward to the future of Dells, moving forward and becoming the company they once were.

Metric1
06-02-2013, 12:47 AM
There is more than one company that makes computers that run the Windows operating system...

I know that.. I just always had good luck with Dell so I always bought them.

overskrill
06-02-2013, 10:05 PM

:rolleyes:

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

GommeInc
06-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Why are people bashing Metric1? He seems to go for the quality of the machine than the OS, which is perfectly reasonable :/

Hopefully they do go back to being "Good Dell". The current Dell company seems to be taking notes from Dell of the 1990s, when they were the embodiment of crap :P

Chippiewill
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Why are people bashing Metric1? He seems to go for the quality of the machine than the OS, which is perfectly reasonable :/
They're not bashing him for that, they're bashing him for his invalid inference that if Dell is bad then you have to move to Mac.

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM

Hopefully they do go back to being "Good Dell". The current Dell company seems to be taking notes from Dell of the 1990s, when they were the embodiment of crap :P

They're not bashing him for that, they're bashing him for his invalid inference that if Dell is bad then you have to move to Mac.

Chippiewill is correct.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!