PDA

View Full Version : The "Official" Help Desk

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 02:13 PM
I was looking on another fansite who posted about this and I thought I would check it out. If you remember it was posted on here not that long ago that they were look into opening a Help Service/Help Desk room and people would be put onto the team. It seems they have gone ahead with it and this is what it looks like:

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2013/02/06/N1swf.png

I assume it's done by staff because the room doesn't actually have a room owner etc.

Lewis
06-02-2013, 02:14 PM
I was looking on another fansite who posted about this and I thought I would check it out. If you remember it was posted on here not that long ago that they were look into opening a Help Service/Help Desk room and people would be put onto the team. It seems they have gone ahead with it and this is what it looks like:

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2013/02/06/N1swf.png

I assume it's done by staff because the room doesn't actually have a room owner etc.

It's owned by Michaels, or at least it says that on the furni lol :/

edit: Yep and if you put owner:michaels it is his room

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 02:15 PM
It's owned by Michaels, or at least it says that on the furni lol :/

Yeah it does seem that way but the group has powertoo or whatever her name in. Plus the owner is hidden if you go searching for it as well.

http://mattgarner.net/upload/images/2013/02/06/wabWi.png

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 02:22 PM
i dont really understand it to be honest. the room builders were supposed to be creating a help desk but we have until the 18th to make it. whoever made this desk appears to have submitted it early and apparently powertoo has chosen to use it.

Abdicators
06-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Not sure I like the idea of an "official" room being owned by a regular Habbo user. That user has the ability and right to close, lock, re-design and permanently remove people from that room (again, as is their right) despite it being there for help. It also makes the user look like they have some form of official role in the hotel, which could be used to abuse and trick younger Habbos.

I am also not sure that I am happy with members of the "help team". There have been Habbos around much longer, that have done nothing but offer help to new Habbos in their own help desk. Members of this help team I have never witnessed working in a help desk, and infact. I know at least two of them to be Terms of Service breakers using third party applications to alter and modify the hotel.

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 02:40 PM
I was told that powertoo asked whoever built the room to pick 10 people to make help desk operational in the short-term. I walked into the room yesterday and I was asked if I wanted to take part. Assuming the desk is a permanent feature (I really have no idea) they will probably recruit other people.

Abdicators
06-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I was told that powertoo asked whoever built the room to pick 10 people to make help desk operational in the short-term. I walked into the room yesterday and I was asked if I wanted to take part. Assuming the desk is a permanent feature (I really have no idea) they will probably recruit other people.

Seems like a very extensive selection program.

GoldenMerc
06-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Seems like they selected wisely...
the desk looks naff

Red
06-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I hate any elitist programme where people have to be selected. Although here it just looks sloppy. Wish powertoo would support the fansites already in place :l The people behind there already going afk at the bar and people not getting the help they need. When they asked a q they got the wrong answer. Wouldn't happen at hxhd!! ;)

GoldenMerc
06-02-2013, 03:09 PM
I hate any elitist programme where people have to be selected. Although here it just looks sloppy. Wish powertoo would support the fansites already in place :l The people behind there already going afk at the bar and people not getting the help they need. When they asked a q they got the wrong answer. Wouldn't happen at hxhd!! ;)

lets be honest hxhd isnt really a place of help anymore anyway, You also see people AFK behind there too :P and ofc shockwave who when ever he gets asked a question goes afk

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 03:09 PM

It is hardly elitist, they appeared to ask random people to join. And stop exaggerating, there arent people behind the bar - only me, and I can't answer two questions at the same time. Nobody has given a wrong answer. As for hxhd... dont kid yourself that it is any better, because really it isnt.

Red
06-02-2013, 03:13 PM
lets be honest hxhd isnt really a place of help anymore anyway, You also see people AFK behind there too :P and ofc shockwave who when ever he gets asked a question goes afk

Umm no. Since the last few days when people commented that no one comes in for help, I have screenshotted some of the times we have. People do come in for help and they do get it. People very rarely fall asleep. We have brb chairs so they don't have to sit afk and the front and if screenshots are sent of anyone falling asleep a lot then they would be warned.

Okeanos you were afk and h asked how to join the team and you told him to join the helper group.. lmao Not what he was asking. There was no on else asking a question.

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Umm no. Since the last few days when people commented that no one comes in for help, I have screenshotted some of the times we have. People do come in for help and they do get it. People very rarely fall asleep. We have brb chairs so they don't have to sit afk and the front and if screenshots are sent of anyone falling asleep a lot then they would be warned.

Okeanos you were afk and h asked how to join the team and you told him to join the helper group.. lmao Not what he was asking. There was no on else asking a question.

No I didnt, i was helping someone on the guide IM thing, THEY wanted to be a guide but the group was full so I asked in the room whether anybody knew if you had to join the helper group to become a guide. If you didnt read what I said properly, well that is your fault - quit moaning and making a drama out of everything.

Red
06-02-2013, 03:27 PM
No I didnt, i was helping someone on the guide IM thing, THEY wanted to be a guide but the group was full so I asked in the room whether anybody knew if you had to join the helper group to become a guide. If you didnt read what I said properly, well that is your fault - quit moaning and making a drama out of everything.

The guy who was sitting at the front asking you a question assumed your response was to him.... Great that your helping people via guides but imo if you are sitting behind there you should be ready to help the people that come to the room and ask for help instead of leaving them hanging.

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 03:33 PM
I did not see one question, it is not a big deal. And even if I did see it, I would not have been able to answer it because nobody has told me how one becomes a helper in the desk.

Why should powertoo support fansites? Hardly anybody uses fansites anymore.

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 03:45 PM
I did not see one question, it is not a big deal. And even if I did see it, I would not have been able to answer it because nobody has told me how one becomes a helper in the desk.

You are an idiot. Fansites are good for Habbo and any other service like it - It's where people can freely talk about the issues about Habbo without being banned for a start. If you really think no one uses fansites nowadays then you clearly don't visit them often.

Habbo still support fansites and they have plans to continue that - Considering we have been invited to a talk later on this week.

Red
06-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Yea you didn't see it cause you were afk, and I am sure telling him the job process hasn't been explained yet and to pop back in later would of been fine. I believe any community manager should support fan sites. Their popularity was better years ago but then fansites had hotel alerts and their events schedule was published etc. I think some of those things should return. Jason used to send the emails with snippets. Not sure if those are even being sent out anymore? But even powertoo said she reads habboxforum, as do many of the staff, so I do think they relaise how imp fansites are to habbo. However more needs to be done.

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 03:59 PM
You are an idiot. Fansites are good for Habbo and any other service like it - It's where people can freely talk about the issues about Habbo without being banned for a start. If you really think no one uses fansites nowadays then you clearly don't visit them often.

Habbo still support fansites and they have plans to continue that - Considering we have been invited to a talk later on this week.

You would say that. I dont like fansites, they have been meh and a waste of time since 2008. The fact is very few people do use them anymore. Having that opinion does not make me an idiot. Your attitude (and others like you) is a big reason in my view why people stopped using fansites, too cliquey - you treat anyone who disagrees with you like a moron.

Yea you didn't see it cause you were afk, and I am sure telling him the job process hasn't been explained yet and to pop back in later would of been fine. I believe any community manager should support fan sites. Their popularity was better years ago but then fansites had hotel alerts and their events schedule was published etc. I think some of those things should return. Jason used to send the emails with snippets. Not sure if those are even being sent out anymore? But even powertoo said she reads habboxforum, as do many of the staff, so I do think they relaise how imp fansites are to habbo. However more needs to be done.

I was not afk, I was looking at the IM thing. See above for my views on fansites.

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 04:01 PM
You would say that. I dont like fansites, they have been meh and a waste of time since 2008. The fact is very few people do use them anymore. Having that opinion does not make me an idiot. Your attitude (and others like you) is a big reason in my view why people stopped using fansites, too cliquey - you treat anyone who disagrees with you like a moron.

I was not afk, I was looking at the IM thing. See above for my views on fansites.

Where did people turn during the giant mute? Fansites. If it wasn't for fansites then no one would have been able to discuss what the hell was happening on Habbo or what they thought of the situation. I have no problems with people having views but Habbo dropping support altogether would be a bad idea, that's all.

Mr-Trainor
06-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I think the room design is quite nice, but whether I like the idea of an official Help Desk or not, I don't really think it's needed. Firstly, the random selection of who's allowed behind, and the fact that there are already ways to get help (guides or helpers, fansite help desks, support documents..).

karter
06-02-2013, 04:25 PM
The room builders were supposed to build room not assist in help desks??

AnthonySall21
06-02-2013, 04:38 PM

I agree :)

Scotland
06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Not sure I like the idea of an "official" room being owned by a regular Habbo user. That user has the ability and right to close, lock, re-design and permanently remove people from that room (again, as is their right) despite it being there for help. It also makes the user look like they have some form of official role in the hotel, which could be used to abuse and trick younger Habbos.

I am also not sure that I am happy with members of the "help team". There have been Habbos around much longer, that have done nothing but offer help to new Habbos in their own help desk. Members of this help team I have never witnessed working in a help desk, and infact. I know at least two of them to be Terms of Service breakers using third party applications to alter and modify the hotel.
hey Dom :) im alwaysy helping habbos out have ddone for years :)

zombies
06-02-2013, 06:24 PM
if this becomes an official helpdesk for habbo, then i think there won't be much help going on due to everyone being there. i feel that it's going to become WL #2.

Zac.
06-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I don't like the room anyway. Too much wood... :o

Yourgame652
06-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Okay, so now there is an "official" help desk, endorsed by Habbo staff, which is owned by the average Joe.

Seriously?

There isn't the need for a Habbo run help desk, when there are perfectly good ones around, such as the HxHD. It is quite likely that most of the people who will be operating this new help desk will have been the people who just spend time around power too and won't have as much experience as the people who have been around for a long time - As Abdicators quite rightly pointed out earlier.

As for the idea of the Habbos selected as room builders being the ones to man the help desk is absurd. If anything, the people who should be at the help desk is those who have become Guardians, or people have owned/worked in help desks previously and have actually earned it and will have experience.

It is a shame that this could empty out help desks all over Habbo, if people start flocking to the "official" one and treat it like a Public Space (maybe a secondary Welcome Lounge) - I sincerely hope this is not the case.

I couldn't agree less with this statement. I spend far more time on here than I do on Habbo itself - In fact, I haven't actually logged onto Habbo for about a month now.

You want to know why?

It is because I actually prefer Habbox to Habbo itself. This forum, free from forced radical change, provides an excellent medium for discussions and lively debate with like-minded people.

Pigperson
06-02-2013, 07:37 PM
That room looks quite nice tbh, dno if this help desk will be able to cope with all the people who could flood in though tbh.

Will

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I couldn't agree less with this statement. I spend far more time on here than I do on Habbo itself - In fact, I haven't actually logged onto Habbo for about a month now.

That is exactly my point. Habbo fansites are not habbo fansites anymore, those that are left are teen forums, some of the members use habbo but most don't (the hffm forum habbo section for example is deserted). Gone are the days when active habbos used fansites, that is why they are no longer relevant and why I believe staff would be mistaken to involve them in the community again.

Samantha
06-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I really don't get the room? So apparently it's made by Michaels yet near enough every site that isn't affiliated by Sulake has that as their welcome room? Oh but... wait for it, I know it's 'free to use' but look what Rakker made in October 2012 http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=762433. So a cheapened library illusion? Makes sense.

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 09:05 PM
I really don't get the room? So apparently it's made by Michaels yet near enough every site that isn't affiliated by Sulake has that as their welcome room? Oh but... wait for it, I know it's 'free to use' but look what Rakker made in October 2012 http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=762433. So a cheapened library illusion? Makes sense.

What do you mean about them having it as their welcome room?

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 09:07 PM

What does that mean?

As for the room design, Rakker made a tutorial for people to use, you can't expect people not to use it.

Kardan
06-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Habbo shouldn't create groups like this. They've stated before that they wouldn't do this... This was the reason that the eXpert program got axed, because it wasn't available to all users to join and essentially created an eliteist community. They don't learn :P

Samantha
06-02-2013, 09:37 PM
What does that mean?

As for the room design, Rakker made a tutorial for people to use, you can't expect people not to use it.

Retros I believe, I know, I expect people to use it of course but I'm just saying it's not made by Michael really so why does he own it, surely a staff room would have sufficed? Also, you know the group on it, he isn't even admin so does he have any rights in that room?

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 09:38 PM ----------

What do you mean about them having it as their welcome room?

For example if you logged onto a retro (I don't condone or suggest this) the first room you'll go into (like your home room on Habbo) would be that, similar to that help desk and Rakker's libaray :P, with small alterations - someone brought this to my attention a while back, I can't remember who though.

Yourgame652
06-02-2013, 09:43 PM
That is exactly my point. Habbo fansites are not habbo fansites anymore, those that are left are teen forums, some of the members use habbo but most don't (the hffm forum habbo section for example is deserted). Gone are the days when active habbos used fansites, that is why they are no longer relevant and why I believe staff would be mistaken to involve them in the community again.

What community? Seeing as Sulake so kindly destroyed the Habbo community on .co.uk and .com, I would unquestionably argue that Habbox Forum is the Habbo community now - as it provides up-to-date news (which Habbo.com does not do after the removal of articles - and please Twitter is not, and should not be a form of communication to Habbos!).

Therefore, I would regard myself as a regular user - as I am still an active member of the community, and I would further argue that this is still very much a Habbo orientated forum.

As for the Habbo section being deserted on here, you must be blind - just look around and see how many daily posts there are about Habbo News and Rumours (In the past week or so, I can quickly count 18 new threads, over 400 comments and over 10,500 views). So don't you start telling me its deserted - We are the community!

While I am in the Hotel, and away, I use this forum invaluably as it is now my only source of news as to what is happening on the inside.

I would usually be online in the client regularly, but I have been very busy over the past 4 weeks and should be back soon. :)

Daltron
06-02-2013, 09:45 PM
I hate anything that staff do which prioritises some users in some way over another, and it looks like they are doing just that. :/

I'm in the room builders group and we were all asked to submit a help desk, but I thought we had more time before powertoo picked one :/.

As for the copied design I'm not sure, I don't think that's allowed by room builders either. Anyway I think it's a pretty sweet room, but maybe the concept should have been thought out a bit more by staff, I've seen Michaels name on uservoice a bit, he doesn't seem to be very liked by a lot of the community after he bought votes for the various room comps a while ago, at least I think it was him.

I wonder if they will let more habbos who can answer questions to sit at the desk

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 09:48 PM
What community? Seeing as Sulake so kindly destroyed the Habbo community on .co.uk and .com, I would unquestionably argue that Habbox Forum is the Habbo community now - as it provides up-to-date news (which Habbo.com does not after the removal of articles - and please Twitter is not, and should not be a form of communication to Habbos!).

Therefore, I would regard myself as a regular user, as I am still an active member of the community.

As for the Habbo section being deserted on here, you must be blind - just look around and see how many daily posts there are about Habbo News and Rumours (In the past week or so, I can quickly count 18 new threads, over 400 comments and over 10,500 views). Don't you start telling me its deserted. We are the community and always will be!

While I am in the Hotel, and away, I use this forum invaluably as it is now my only source of news as to what is happening on the inside.

I would usually be online in the client regularly, but I have been very busy over the past 4 weeks and should be back soon. :)

I am loathed to reply to your posts if you're not going to read mine properly. I did not say Habbox Forum had an inactive or deserted habbo section, but many (most?) other fansites do. As for habbox being the community, that is just silly.

Daltron
06-02-2013, 09:50 PM
What community? Seeing as Sulake so kindly destroyed the Habbo community on .co.uk and .com, I would unquestionably argue that Habbox Forum is the Habbo community now

I've only been active on this forum for just a few days and to be honest there seems to be more of a habbo community so to speak here than in the actual client

Catchy
06-02-2013, 10:01 PM
I am loathed to reply to your posts if you're not going to read mine properly. I did not say Habbox Forum had an inactive or deserted habbo section, but many (most?) other fansites do. As for habbox being the community, that is just silly.

Maybe if Habbo promoted fan sites more then this wouldn't be the case? I reckon' they'd be thriving again, which in turn stimulates a sense of belonging to a community. Habbo could easily support fan sites at no extra cost to them however once again they choose not to listen to WHAT WE ACTUALLY WANT! If fan sites completely died out, I'd have no reason to use Habbo anymore because Habbox is literally the only reason why I still play... Maybe why so many people from 'dead' fan sites don't use Habbo anymore that much anymore either.

Red
06-02-2013, 10:10 PM

Umm where have you been the last year? When the mute was going on, people took to fansites. When news had stopped being posted by habbo and scattered among social networks, the only place to view all updates under one place is fansites. Where can people go to get their voices heard? Well they removed the habbo forums. I know for a fact that habbo staff will be reading this so fansites are the best medium to get your opinions across. Fansites are not as popular because they are given no support. I am afraid to type a habbox link on the client incase I get banned. In 2006 I was free to type a fansite link and there used to be massive parties in public rooms. One of our djs got everyone to dress up the same and go to the welcome lounge a few weeks ago and they all got banned? They weren't spamming or causing a nuisance, so a ban was an absolute joke. Fansites aren't going to prosper when they can't link on habbo or are given no support. They are still relevant though and the only sense of community many users have.

Aaron
06-02-2013, 10:15 PM
I do like the room design I must say - well this'll be an interesting thing I guess, wonder how it'll pan out.. Shall be interesting to see what happens! :P

Yourgame652
06-02-2013, 10:22 PM

I see eye to eye with you in that most of the sites, like HFFM, the Habbo sections are like ghost towns, don't get me wrong - But in my last post, I was using Habbox as a counterargument to your points that were: 'Habbo fansites are not Habbo fansites anymore' and 'Gone are the days when active Habbos used fansites' - Those sentences were generalised and sounded like there were applicable to all fansites.

Maybe if Habbo promoted fan sites more then this wouldn't be the case? I reckon' they'd be thriving again, which in turn stimulates a sense of belonging to a community. Habbo could easily support fan sites at no extra cost to them however once again they choose not to listen to WHAT WE ACTUALLY WANT! If fan sites completely died out, I'd have no reason to use Habbo anymore because Habbox is literally the only reason why I still play... Maybe why so many people from 'dead' fan sites don't use Habbo anymore that much anymore either.

I couldn't agree more my friend, I couldn't agree more.

Umm where have you been the last year? When the mute was going on, people took to fansites. When news had stopped being posted by habbo and scattered among social networks, the only place to view all updates under one place is fansites. Where can people go to get their voices heard? Well they removed the habbo forums. I know for a fact that habbo staff will be reading this so fansites are the best medium to get your opinions across. Fansites are not as popular because they are given no support. I am afraid to type a habbox link on the client incase I get banned. In 2006 I was free to type a fansite link and there used to be massive parties in public rooms. One of our djs got everyone to dress up the same and go to the welcome lounge a few weeks ago and they all got banned? They weren't spamming or causing a nuisance, so a ban was an absolute joke. Fansites aren't going to prosper when they can't link on habbo or are given no support. They are still relevant though and the only sense of community many users have.

Well said! :) Habbo should give as much support to fansites as they can (they also need to bring back the hallways for parties!).

HOSKO02
07-02-2013, 08:13 AM
I hate anything that staff do which prioritises some users in some way over another, and it looks like they are doing just that. :/

I'm in the room builders group and we were all asked to submit a help desk, but I thought we had more time before powertoo picked one :/.

Us Room Builders really do get poor communication about wth is going on, would it take that long to send a minimail explaining that an official help centre has already been chosen?

I know builders that had a near-finished room down for this task and are still working on it, the official room is a rushed joke, the helpers are very poor from what I've seen - (the ones before people started joining). Also if it's an official room, where are the FAQ on the stickies? Where is the poll to recruit Habbos who can actually help out?

All seems terribly rushed, did Michaels invest a chunk into Sulake or something?! Really is an un-clear and unfair effort all round.

Bradley.
07-02-2013, 03:53 PM
nick hastine knows powertoo IRL!!

Yawn
07-02-2013, 04:18 PM
nick hastine knows powertoo IRL!!

(hi yes its me subo on habbox forum pls try to contain ur excitement)

anyway yes Nick-Hastine and powertoo know each other irl they are related or something i think. all the people in this help desk are friends or people nick has personally asked because he thinks they are e-fame (also why Michaels owns the room). powertoo is corrupt!!!!!!!! (i also wrote an angry rant on uservoice about this subject). i am very bitter!!!

HOSKO02
07-02-2013, 08:56 PM
powertoo is corrupt!!!!!!!!!

Oh god it's 2004 again

Daltron
07-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Has that help desk been removed from the navigator? I think it has :o

Red
07-02-2013, 10:25 PM
So they have! Anyway I hope xxMATTGxx; will bring this up tomorrow and redirect her to this thread if she hasn't seen it already.

rainforest
07-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Another room what will disappear into the background.

Okeanos
07-02-2013, 10:51 PM
So they have! Anyway I hope @xxMATTGxx (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=1020); will bring this up tomorrow and redirect her to this thread if she hasn't seen it already.

I have no objection to her reading this thread, but why should xxMATTGxx direct her here? Do you think the views expressed in this thread are representative of most people? I don't.

GoldenMerc
07-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I have no objection to her reading this thread, but why should xxMATTGxx direct her here? Do you think the views expressed in this thread are representative of most people? I don't.

Are you a bit sore because you are part of it?
All the people in this thread, have or do play Habbo, Thus views in this thread should be counted towards a fair answer. Think 2-3 people in here are actually part of the "HelpDesk" ether way, Help desks havent been the same for years, Nor have they helped for years. HxHD should personally change to a "Chill room" or something similar.

Red
07-02-2013, 10:56 PM

um because he's going to be at the fansite meeting tomorrow :S And I don't know or speak to any other fansite representatives maybe? and Yes there is a large amount of people that will be against the favouritism and elitism of programmes like this.

Daltron
07-02-2013, 11:05 PM

You seem very negative about everything for some reason :/ If you were not on the team for that particular help desk i'm sure you would be thinking very different..

Okeanos
07-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Are you a bit sore because you are part of it?
All the people in this thread, have or do play Habbo, Thus views in this thread should be counted towards a fair answer. Think 2-3 people in here are actually part of the "HelpDesk" ether way, Help desks havent been the same for years, Nor have they helped for years. HxHD should personally change to a "Chill room" or something similar.

No I am not sore because I am part of it, in fact yesterday in a meeting I was pushing for it to be completely staff run and for staff to select all members (and that appears to be what is happening, as I have heard powertoo is making the new desk on her account). My issue is that Habbox users do have a habit of moaning about everything, I just think they should give it a chance before they rage and moan.

You seem very negative about everything for some reason :/ If you were not on the team for that particular help desk i'm sure you would be thinking very different..

I don't think that is fair, I am just being practical. I probably wont even stay on the desk if my sugesestions are implemented. I just want people to give it a chance before they cry 'elitism' and 'favoritism', it is users like Red who spoil things when they try to shoot down a project before it has even begun.

GoldenMerc
07-02-2013, 11:10 PM
No I am not sore because I am part of it, in fact yesterday in a meeting I was pushing for it to be completely staff run and for staff to select all members (and that appears to be what is happening, as I have heard powertoo is making the new desk on her account). My issue is that Habbox users do have a habit of moaning about everything, I just think they should give it a chance before they rage and moan.

Yeh, I agree, trying and if it fails, then its a fair trial. But I can see how it is elitism etc although, As there wasn't a sort of apply here process I sort of like it better... still dont think there should be a helpdesk mind

Red
07-02-2013, 11:20 PM

I don't think that is fair, I am just being practical. I probably wont even stay on the desk if my sugesestions are implemented. I just want people to give it a chance before they cry 'elitism' and 'favoritism', it is users like Red who spoil things when they try to shoot down a project before it has even begun.

Help desks and programme like eXperts have all been here before and failed. They've stated before that they wouldn't create programmes that excluded the majority of users. There is no way to get around the problems that programmes like this bring. I don't know who nick-hastine is but if it is true that he is related to her, then its nothing but favouritism. Bring back Kitano. At least he understood the importance of not adding people to his friend list and favourtism.

MKR&*42
07-02-2013, 11:25 PM
I cannot see a great deal of harm arising from this Help Desk, as long as no ordinary user has rights (which I believe is being fixed as said earlier) and as long as Sulake staff members are the only people allowed behind the desk.

Nothing wrong with giving this a chance, and if Sulake staff were the only people allowed behind this desk, then more staff interaction woop de doo.

Jarkie
07-02-2013, 11:31 PM
In my eyes, in today's world... Helpdesks are pointless.. they will never be like how they used to be back in 04/05.

Yawn
08-02-2013, 02:29 PM

i do

sex
08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Okeanos is just angry at everything, and always has been. It seems like is costatntly on some type of man period, or maybe just angry at the world because he has ginger hair lol.

Yawn
08-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Michaels is currently banning anyone from the room that opposes the helpdesk

Michael
08-02-2013, 03:52 PM
It seems a must I have to log in and post here again.

There seems to be a lot of opposition at the moment, I've read the thread through and I'd like to mention these things:

* Nick-Hastine is not related to Powertoo, I wouldn't personally believe anything subo says.
* ''The "Official" Help Desk'' - not necessarily at the moment. There is a big difference between official & featured. This room was featured in the featured catagory and did not mention anything about being official.

Now a bit about the project to clear this catastrophe up.
The project was thought up by Nick-Hastine, it was to be a help desk where we could assist new habbos, and habbos with queries at the best of our ability. As I knew Nick, he asked me if I could make him a room to the specifications he wants and so I designed it so. Nick first spoke to powertoo about making the help desk and she found it as a fantastic idea and so helped us with it, via promoting it on featured, joining the group etc. The members in the group, you may question one or two but they was chosen as quickly as possible due to powertoo telling Nick he must at least have 10 help desk staff to begin the project. As for applying to work on the desk, applications for more helpdesk staff should be out soon and inactive members will be removed.

Michaels is currently banning anyone from the room that opposes the helpdesk

Seeing as I haven't logged into Habbo since yesterday, i'd think from what I remember that would be classed as Spam or Pointless Posts.

--

Although it is my room, my furniture - it is not my project, thanks :)

Yawn
08-02-2013, 04:00 PM
then why was nick saying to cornbix he would get his perm revoked through powertoo. they know each other irl i know that much it is common knowledge among people that know him!!!! regardless of whether he knows her or not he has been given a public room where he can control the behind-the-desk access and has a staff member in his group. this can easily mislead people and be used to his abuse! powertoo has been very irresponsible and it is blatant favouritism whether he knows powertoo irl or not (whcih he does). and from what people told me they were banned from the room by u today which is another reason average habbos shouldnt be given this power.

Red
08-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Well it is 'official' since she has even labelled it as that herself. There wasn't the need when there are other helpdesks operating and the helper/guardian system.

Okeanos
08-02-2013, 05:36 PM
I don't think this desk is official so I don't understand the hostility, as far as I know the room builders have not been told to stop building other desks. I thought powertoo was just trying to rekindle help desks in habbo by joining this one (p.s. HXHD is not a real help desk before anyone says it is). Personally I would like to see a button in the help section (maybe next to report a bully button) that directs people to a random help desk, that would be better than having just one desk on the public room list.

Okeanos is just angry at everything, and always has been. It seems like is costatntly on some type of man period, or maybe just angry at the world because he has ginger hair lol.

I duno who you are, so how can you know me?

xxMATTGxx
08-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Taken from my summary of the fansite summit posted here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=770295&p=7825406#post7825406).

Help Desk

- There will be a Habbo Help Desk, it's going to be recreated and owned by powertoo
- Fansites will be able to take turns each work to manage/man the Help Desk with our own Habbox Staff (Rota)

Mr-Trainor
08-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Taken from my summary of the fansite summit posted here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=770295&p=7825406#post7825406).
That doesn't seem too bad, better than having just random people in there. But how will this work for Habbox, will there be a week every so often where you use the official desk instead of the normal Habbox help Desk?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!