PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, ClubHabbo

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Goodbye, ClubHabbo.

ClubHabbo was a Habbo Fansite owned by SkaterChu, which was open during March 2006 - February 2013, making it one of Habbo's longest running fansites. During it's prime, ClubHabbo was one of the most popular, and one of the most successful Habbo fansites around, with a thriving forum and a booming radio, as well as a large community of dedicated fans.
Over the years, ClubHabbo has had literally hundreds of people that have given their time to the website, whether it be moderating the forum, broadcasting over the radio, or managing a whole department. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you, although there's too many of you to name - I've really appreciated your help.

There are however, some people who deserve a mention, due to the fact that ClubHabbo would have never existed, or have been so successful if it wasn't for them. Thanks to Ollie (Xarea), Steve (SteveBrown03), Jose (Portish), Josh (PeakFlow), Rhiz (Rhizzeh) & Sponor (Connor). There's probably a lot more people that deserve a mention, such as Harry, Steve & Tom and the many other people who've kindly hosted the website for free, but there is quite simply too many people to name, sorry. Just know that any help that has been given over the years has been truly appreciated.
Finally, I'd like to thank you, the loyal visitors who've made this website what it was. Without your support, the website wouldn't have been as successful. It's been good while it lasted, but everything has to come to an end, and unfortunately that time is now.
Thank you & goodbye ClubHabbo!
SkaterChu, ClubHabbo Founder & Owner

http://clubhabbo.net/

-----------------

Was going to happen sooner or late and most of us would have said it happened ages ago as it wasn't really a fansite any more and the forum was pretty much dead.

zombies
06-02-2013, 06:02 PM
i loved this fansite! rip.

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 06:03 PM
weird that skaterchu is thanking someone who's dead. clubhabbo outlasted ollie, who'd have thought it?

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
weird that skaterchu is thanking someone who's dead. clubhabbo outlasted ollie, who'd have thought it?

I wouldn't call that weird.

j0rd
06-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I think the forum is still running though
http://www.chforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=4196779#post4196779

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 06:06 PM
I think the forum is still running though
http://www.chforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=4196779#post4196779

Yeah but they removed the last Habbo forum and any related Habbo skins - So it's pretty much a place to go if you remember ClubHabbo and want to post on their forum.

Edit: They have disabled registration.

Okeanos
06-02-2013, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't call that weird.

it is weird though. anyway, as far as im concerned clubhabbo closed many years ago - it hasn't been a proper habbo fansite since 2008.

Tom
06-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah but they removed the last Habbo forum and any related Habbo skins - So it's pretty much a place to go if you remember ClubHabbo and want to post on their forum.

Ah, so that's what's different about it.

ClubHabbo was an good fansite. Completely forgot about it though, not heard about it for a good year or so (or perhaps the last time they just closed their site and left it to the forum). Goodbye ClubHabbo!

Mark
06-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm confused, didn't they close then re-open again or is that another site?

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm confused, didn't they close then re-open again or is that another site?

HFFM went through a revamp called TotalGossip or something? Re-opened back as HFFM and then some months after that merged with HabboHub.

Mark
06-02-2013, 06:18 PM
HFFM went through a revamp called TotalGossip or something? Re-opened back as HFFM and then some months after that merged with HabboHub.

Oh right, thanks! Shame to see another fansite going although it can only be good for habbox. Are ThisHabbo still asking for money?

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Oh right, thanks! Shame to see another fansite going although it can only be good for habbox. Are ThisHabbo still asking for money?

They were, their forum was down for a few days. Either due to their upgrades but they did post saying another fansite was pulling them offline so god knows what they are up to.

Chris
06-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Shame to see it go but it had been on its last legs for ages.

Matt, I think SkaterChu has stolen your plane.

zombies
06-02-2013, 06:22 PM
i thought i would mention i got muted for saying "ThisHabbo".

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Shame to see it go but it had been on its last legs for ages.

Matt, I think SkaterChu has stolen your plane.

We stole the plane. But not from them directly of course.

Zac.
06-02-2013, 06:50 PM
RIP ClubHabbo :(

Rachel
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
They should make a teen forum or something if they don't really want to close it.

Another fansite which xxMattGxx knows which one I am talking about should be the one closing also not being mean.

October
06-02-2013, 06:59 PM

Edit: They have disabled registration.
You just go to CHForum to chat or whatever. No one has talked about Habbo here for ages, except to take the piss out of it. We've really been a general community for over a year now, ever since the merge, to be honest. The community has refused to give up, even if the posting is slim.

And registration was disabled because us moderators were tired of banning the excess spam bots that have managed to overtake the forums. They'll probably be turned back on later, but right now us mods are enjoying not having to ban 50 bots a day.

Pigperson
06-02-2013, 07:39 PM
That's quite sad tbh because I've liked ClubHabbo for a long time and there was always healthy rivalry between Habbox and CH.

Will

Yourgame652
06-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I remember Clubhabbo from way back - Shame it closed, though I never really used it that much.

Daltron
06-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Always sad to see a fansite go, unless it happened to be thish..nevermind.

RIP

RyRy
06-02-2013, 09:58 PM
WHERES MY MENTION FOR MY MASSIVE CONTRIBUTION TO CLUBHABBO AS SITE MANAGER? Ungrateful people I tell you.

This was a long time coming though, Skaterchu lost interest in running a fansite back in 2009 when I was working there. I think it was the userbase that kept it open this long, though there was always discussions of HFFM merging with ClubHabbo. Maybe that'll open the door for all the members of CH to go to HFFM.

Aaron
06-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Well that's a shame - RIP Clubhabbo, good site when it was up and running! :P

HabboSwat
06-02-2013, 10:22 PM
I never herd of the place, sorry but I do not think I will miss them :P

Luke367
06-02-2013, 11:34 PM

How is that weird? Ollie put hours into ClubHabbo, Died or alive who cares?

geo
06-02-2013, 11:37 PM
i never really got round to using clubhabbo as the people scared me off and ofc habbox is better, but it's been around for ages so it's a shame i guesssss

Aiden
06-02-2013, 11:53 PM
They was horrible anyways... :/

Inseriousity.
07-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Used to work there, was fun and never had any problems. Shame it's shut down but is definitely not a surprise really. Had no chance as soon as the owner gave up on it.

wixard
07-02-2013, 12:32 AM
whats with your sig mike

Edited by Nick (Forum Moderator): Please stay on topic!

GoldenMerc
07-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Sad times I had 300+ posts there

GommeInc
07-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Meh, thought they had closed down a few years ago :P Not a huge fan of the fansite or the forums but it was incredibly popular. It's strange how many fanistes there used to be not so long ago - now there's no interest in making them.

veeim
07-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Thought they closed down a while ago too. I remember browsing the forums and listening to their radio a few years back, oh and when they got hacked once or twice.

JoeyK.
07-02-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm sure they put a lot of effort into it, and if I remember right I even did a few competitions over there a long time ago. Can't say I'll miss it, but it's always sad to see a community die and watch years of posts just disappear. I'll still always hold a grudge against them for hiring spammers in every single Habbo room for their radio though, probably the second most annoying thing I dealt with on Habbo next to the whole 'Pool's closed' thing.

Faceless
07-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Goodbye to them.

Mr-Trainor
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I think I only used it once or twice anyway, and that was years ago. But it used to be quite popular.

Plucked
07-02-2013, 06:45 PM
How dare you even make a joke about something like that, how inconsiderate are you?

It's been gone a while now though...

Samantha
07-02-2013, 06:53 PM
ClubHabbo was ok, I could never find the graphics sections or anything on it, plus the fact email, username and password resets didn't come through to me.

Blad
07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
This will be the second time it has closed, i remember it closing sometime in 08 or 09 when there was the big thing about habbo radios having licences, so then they closed, and obviously its closed now. Was pretty crap after they closed the radio anyway.

Okeanos
07-02-2013, 10:08 PM
How dare you even make a joke about something like that, how inconsiderate are you?

Get over yourself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!