View Full Version : can we have

wixard
06-02-2013, 10:06 PM
a matchmaking quiz for valentines day plz
or even just a compatibility thing

i am so lonely

AND MY OTHER FORUM THAT IS WAY BETTER THAN THIS FORUM HAS DONE IT

EXAMPLE

Do you want to find out who agrees with your posts and might be an interesting date?? Do you want to discover who shares your sensibilities, your sense of humour and maybe.... your sexual orientation? By matching you through your posts we are able to datamine your ideal matches. We havent done this alone, we've partnered with industry leaders in VBulletin software to match you with your ideal future partner! Just click the link below!
Match Me!

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 10:07 PM ----------

AND I'D LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE A BIG **** YOU TO RUNEADDICT WHO MINUS REPPED ME IN ADAMS FEEDBACK THREAD WHEN I ASKED FOR A LIKE THIS POST BUTTON

OH YEAH I ALSO WANT ONE OF THEM

David
06-02-2013, 10:08 PM
so wait, it's a plugin?
also couldn't do any harm if it happened.

Lee
Remember the days where plugins where strictly unspoken of, and frowned upon at Habbox?

Im all for a like button - but dont put it in the post bit else it'll become a contest of getting the most likes.

Samantha
They had this the other year didn't they on the Habbox site? I found on all my accounts I was compatible with Mathew;. I want this too :P!

awesomedudebros
wud be good on hte forem but, maybe not also?

Lee
06-02-2013, 10:09 PM
wud be good on hte forem but, maybe not also?

What do you feel might make it not good for the forum Awsomedudebros2k3?

MKR&*42
06-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Sounds like a great idea :)

And it's fun, please don't reject it or this will be the psychopath game issue all over again ;l

David
06-02-2013, 10:10 PM
lol why would someone -rep for suggesting a like button, i also agree we should have one.

FlyingJesus
06-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Like/dislike buttons are pointless and sucky, just make it so that positive AND negative reps show on posts (as has been requested for years now without any proper response) and that would do the same job without stopping the current system

Valentine's compatibility thing would be fun though

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 10:12 PM
so wait, it's a plugin?
also couldn't do any harm if it happened.

I think they have made that themselves. Unless I've missed something on vb.org - Although this could be done via other ways.

Remember the days where plugins where strictly unspoken of, and frowned upon at Habbox?

Im all for a like button - but dont put it in the post bit else it'll become a contest of getting the most likes.

Mainly due to security reasons and considered a few plugins have caused problems for other forums then I can see why it was done in the past. Although we don't go crazy with them.

Chris
06-02-2013, 10:14 PM
If its a plugin then we can have a look, if its not then explain to me how its done.

wixard
I think they have made that themselves. Unless I've missed something on vb.org - Although this could be done via other ways.

Mainly due to security reasons and considered a few plugins have caused problems for other forums then I can see why it was done in the past. Although we don't go crazy with them.

i've no clue how they did it, and this forums huge like right now it has 8k active users
so i can't exactly ask :( but when you click match me it just basically gives you a list of names ranked 1 to 10

have we really not anything organised for valentines day? is there even going to be valentines messages or anything ;l
i feel like we are constantly the ones pushing for these kinda things

EDIT I EDITED AGAIN SO SCROLL UP IF YOURE SCROLLING PAST

from what i can gather, one of the things that ranks the names is the amount of likes that someone has received from another person... but OH WAIT, WE DON'T HAVE A LIKE THIS BUTTON

RyRy
Yeah like Samanfa said I remember the Valentines matchmaker too, certain results brought 100% just for jokes.

think it'd be awks for me seeing as i've dated a quarter of the forum

Rozi
06-02-2013, 10:17 PM
I WANT FUN
GIVE ME FUN

so yes this sounds like a good idea

FlyingJesus
06-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Didn't the one we had before just give randomised %s or something by putting in names rather than any actual info

Mr-Trainor
06-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Didn't the one we had before just give randomised %s or something by putting in names rather than any actual info
Yeah, as far as I'm aware :P.

Chris
06-02-2013, 10:39 PM
i've no clue how they did it, and this forums huge like right now it has 8k active users
so i can't exactly ask :( but when you click match me it just basically gives you a list of names ranked 1 to 10

have we really not anything organised for valentines day? is there even going to be valentines messages or anything ;l
i feel like we are constantly the ones pushing for these kinda things

EDIT I EDITED AGAIN SO SCROLL UP IF YOURE SCROLLING PAST

from what i can gather, one of the things that ranks the names is the amount of likes that someone has received from another person... but OH WAIT, WE DON'T HAVE A LIKE THIS BUTTON

We're doing the normal stuff we do for Valentines.

Phil
06-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Inseriousity.; did one a year or maybe two ago and I got paired with wixard;

Inseriousity.
06-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Yes I did a manual one where I spent hours trying to find any tedious link I could to put you together although there were a few unintended funny moments like putting laura and oli together when I wasn't aware there was previous history there and ben's stalking of jen.

xxMATTGxx
06-02-2013, 11:04 PM
It's time to go back into history with a script we had on Version 5. Enjoy....

http://mattgarner.net/scripts/lovecalc/index2.php

(The bit where it put the Habbos and % onto a graphic doesn't work but the main concept of it is working)

Got to love the old stuff.

Aiden
06-02-2013, 11:41 PM
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!! I acc really want this ahaa!

GoldenMerc
07-02-2013, 01:12 AM

(The bit where it put the Habbos and % onto a graphic doesn't work but the main concept of it is working)

Alkaz... @Headlines; @Headline; Alkaz;
and you said I have no taste, disapointed

Absently
07-02-2013, 01:34 AM

damn, only 42% with jake

buttons
07-02-2013, 09:34 AM
We're doing the normal stuff we do for Valentines.
Er no we are not

Yes I did a manual one where I spent hours trying to find any tedious link I could to put you together although there were a few unintended funny moments like putting laura and oli together when I wasn't aware there was previous history there and ben's stalking of jen.
:(

damn, only 42% with jake
Im25% with Scott hehehe

but yeah i want this, love how it's non staff making up the forum games lately where would u be without us

The Don
07-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I like this idea as long as i'm not matched with someone crap

& Like and dislike buttons have been brought up numerous times, it's a stupid idea as rep is essentially the same and there is no need for both.

wixard
07-02-2013, 02:02 PM
I like this idea as long as i'm not matched with someone crap

& Like and dislike buttons have been brought up numerous times, it's a stupid idea as rep is essentially the same and there is no need for both.

shut up **** akeam

it's not the same as rep at all, it will make rep a bit more useful

mrwoooooooo
07-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Like buttons are stupid.

The valentines thing would be alright but it looks like it will involve management putting some effort in if there's no plug in for it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The Don
07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
shut up **** akeam

it's not the same as rep at all, it will make rep a bit more useful

i thought we were friends </3

Chris
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Er no we are not

:(

Im25% with Scott hehehe

but yeah i want this, love how it's non staff making up the forum games lately where would u be without us

Er yes we are. That doesn't mean that we wont do other things like this too.

Martin
07-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I SAW CHRIS LOOKING AT THE 2011 SECRET VALENTINES MESSAGES FROM CUPID THREAD THE OTHER DAY WOOO

But yeah, would be nice to see something different like this, I remember when mike did the whole matchmaking thing haha

buttons
07-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Er yes we are. That doesn't mean that we wont do other things like this too.
omg you are so zZz was only joking do u know how to have fun

xxMATTGxx
07-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Only when he's had a few drinks.

Chris
07-02-2013, 05:24 PM

It didn't come across as one.

Only when he's had a few drinks.

I'm always fun :/

wixard
07-02-2013, 05:26 PM
imagine being chris's mum how **** would that be

we should send her flowers

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Martin
07-02-2013, 05:40 PM

imagine being chris's mum how **** would that be

we should send her flowers

Stop picking on Chris guys!! :( , he's actually really fun and one of the nicest people I know and the greatest friend I've ever had. (not just when he's drunk either Matthew ;l) I know sometimes the forum can be a bit serious and stuff, but away from that he's actually a genuinely nice guy and has a great sense of humour and stuff.

On topic: I'm looking forwards to seeing what happens for valentines on the forum and Habbox as a whole. Will be nice to see something different xD. I'm looking forwards to sprucing up my events room on monday with lots of hearts and stuff!!

Catchy
07-02-2013, 06:31 PM
PLEASE DO THIS I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Also speed dating on the client wud b fun!!

David
07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
PLEASE DO THIS I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Also speed dating on the client wud b fun!!

didnt speed dating fail the last time

Catchy
07-02-2013, 07:39 PM
didnt speed dating fail the last time

I probably wasn't around for it, can't remember but probably would fail! Fun idea in theory, when it comes to it thought cringe worthy I guess.

Inseriousity.
07-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Lol haven't you had enough of speed dating irl never mind on habbo!

hey im jake
-2 minutes later-
omg why are you climbing out a window?

JerseySafety
08-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Stop picking on Chris guys!! :( , he's actually really fun and one of the nicest people I know and the greatest friend I've ever had. (not just when he's drunk either Matthew ;l) I know sometimes the forum can be a bit serious and stuff, but away from that he's actually a genuinely nice guy and has a great sense of humour and stuff.

On topic: I'm looking forwards to seeing what happens for valentines on the forum and Habbox as a whole. Will be nice to see something different xD. I'm looking forwards to sprucing up my events room on monday with lots of hearts and stuff!!

liked this idea but oh well haha.

ofc you would know that Chris is fun martini ;) hahaha what have you guys been up to <3

Sian
08-02-2013, 12:15 PM
I won't lie, I ******* love compatability tests. This would make my day if ya did it. And yes to likes too.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!