PDA

View Full Version : Illumnia DEAD, and Search Feature.

TooMainstream
12-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I was with a ubergergely ( A Developer) heres some chat.
http://i.imgur.com/VZHom4p.png
The Search Feature is coming.
http://i.imgur.com/eLfXOMA.jpg

Scotland
12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
was about to post this slow comp haha.

Lewis
12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
WOW, I was really looking forward to the new habbo.

Surely they can get someone to carry on ediotis designs, we even saw two previews of a BRAND NEW BETTER HOTEL COMPLETELY with the new design. :(

p.s yay for search bar

zombies
12-02-2013, 03:56 PM
woohoo for the long waited search bar!

Scotland
12-02-2013, 03:58 PM
There is a guy doing a new ui and Uber said it looks great so far :)

MKR&*42
12-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh dear, I really liked illumina. It's going to be weird seeing it half-complete... half illumina/half habbo beta just seems weird.

xxMATTGxx
12-02-2013, 04:39 PM
So "Illumina" as we know it isn't coming but they would still be updating parts of Habbo that looks like it? Considering they did do the inventory.

Michael
12-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I believe this means the style will still be used just modified to the designer at the moment's likes - and so may look nothing like ediootti's illumina.

TooMainstream
12-02-2013, 05:02 PM
i asked him if the got rid of it they said its in zombie mode... not sure what that means.

Scotland
12-02-2013, 05:05 PM
i asked him if the got rid of it they said its in zombie mode... not sure what that means.
just changing it if bugs apear they will try and fix it i guess..

Red
12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
come back juho :(
What the hell is the point of mixing three styles together. it just looks a mess.

Pigperson
12-02-2013, 05:56 PM
I really hope they add the search feature to the inventory, I don't see any cons.

Will

e5
12-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Glad for the search function! Hope they also add nicknames of furni when we search, as they changed now and some of the names of items I don't exactly remember! I want to be able to search things such as: Birdbath or BB instead of Fountain lol

Scotland
12-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Uber also mentioned that they discussed having your own catagorys in your inventory - i thought that would be great tbh.

Paige.
12-02-2013, 09:07 PM
yayy definatly need search bar feature

Yourgame652
12-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Hallelujah! Old Habbo FTW!

xxMATTGxx
12-02-2013, 09:53 PM
I wonder what ediootti; thinks about this. Not sure if he's allowed to comment even though he doesn't work for them now.

Scotland
12-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I wonder what @ediootti (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=110178); thinks about this. Not sure if he's allowed to comment even though he doesn't work for them now.
He said to me on twitter not long ago that he made a policy not to go onto anything habbo related.

xxMATTGxx
12-02-2013, 11:48 PM
He said to me on twitter not long ago that he made a policy not to go onto anything habbo related.

He signed up on HabboxForum for the sole purpose of seeing what Habbo is doing after he left the company. If you go to his profile you will see he was on recently :P

Scotland
13-02-2013, 12:03 AM
He signed up on HabboxForum for the sole purpose of seeing what Habbo is doing after he left the company. If you go to his profile you will see he was on recently :P
Oh, maybe he just used it as an excuse to not anwser my question! :P

veeim
13-02-2013, 01:16 AM
As far as I know, he's said a few times he's no longer allowed to comment on Habbo. But he likes to stay up-to-date. It's sad that he's no longer there to lead the full Illumnia implementation, it's becoming a mishmash of several UI design styles.

ediootti
13-02-2013, 06:44 AM
Yeah, I'm not that keen on gossiping in general, but here's the thing:

I believe this means the style will still be used just modified to the designer at the moment's likes - and so may look nothing like ediootti's illumina.

Each designer has his/her own personal style, that they always carry when they do designs. Mine is a mixture of minimalism and the deliberate breaking of traditional layout rules (like in Illumina's case, illustrations that break window barriers). The designers left in Sulake are all very talented, but yeah, they're not me, so it's only natural that they start bringing their own flavor to the mix.

At the end of the day, it's their show now, so as far as I'm concerned, it's all fair game.

Shorty
13-02-2013, 06:50 AM
What a big shame about Illumina. There's so many different types of UI's, such a shame they couldn't of settled on this and kept ediootti who had a true future vision for Habbo.

Instead, they're rolling back features hoping people stay. News Flash: People get old, times have changed. Twitter/Facebook/Instagam is more exciting to teens than Habbo these days.

/rant

Daltron
13-02-2013, 09:15 AM
What a shame :/

ediootti
14-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I think it's worth noting that like I originally wrote in my longer blog post about Illumina, it is actually much more than just superficial graphic stuff, tho my work was often branded as that (which is understandable, given that the graphic treatment was really the part that was made most visible for you). It's also a strategy and a feature set that I worked on to make the overall user experience of Habbo more pleasant.

I can't speak on Sulake's behalf anymore - nor do I feel the need to - but I'm not ready to state that Illumina's dead in spirit. Yeah, I'm not there to build and manage the blocks as I wanted to, but I left a legacy to the very gifted designers working there, and I for one look forward to seeing how they move ahead with it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!