PDA

View Full Version : Funky Friday Returns..

zombies
14-02-2013, 06:05 PM
..next friday! :)

there will be a new method of where and how to enter.

Thread closed by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): In accordance with forum specific guidelines regarding the posting of rumours.

Tom
14-02-2013, 06:08 PM
..next friday! :)

there will be a new method of where and how to enter.

Any sources? :P

zombies
14-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Any sources? :P

source: me.

you will find out very soon ;)

Pigperson
14-02-2013, 06:14 PM
If this is then woop woop :D

Will

xxMATTGxx
14-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Anyone could make a thread and saying "such and such is happening" - I mean it would be nice to see a screenshot of a staff member saying it or something. I'm not accusing you of telling lies by the way so I hope you don't take this the wrong way - I just like sources :P

Paige.
14-02-2013, 06:15 PM
what even is funky friday?

Kardan
14-02-2013, 06:17 PM
what even is funky friday?

Old competition back in the day where you had to pay to enter and the winner got a rare prize. They revamped it a few years later where you could suggest the winning prize and winthat prize as well... A bit before that it was run on Mondays instead :P

TonyBest
14-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I would like to see where your proof is on Funky Friday returning, otherwise I just can't believe your word. Though it will be good to see the old competition back.

Meanies
14-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Old competition back in the day where you had to pay to enter and the winner got a rare prize. They revamped it a few years later where you could suggest the winning prize and winthat prize as well... A bit before that it was run on Mondays instead :P

Manic Mondays was it not? I remember one time my mum was wondering why there was like £17 on the phone bill to a random number.. it was the funky friday line lol, all i ever won was 50 credits for runner up :(
If they bring it back it'd be a handy little thing on the side to bring in some more money

Kardan
14-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Manic Mondays was it not? I remember one time my mum was wondering why there was like £17 on the phone bill to a random number.. it was the funky friday line lol, all i ever won was 50 credits for runner up :(
If they bring it back it'd be a handy little thing on the side to bring in some more money

I thought it was magic rather than manic, but I'm not sure, so I didn't say either :P

xxMATTGxx
14-02-2013, 06:30 PM

I thought it was magic rather than manic, but I'm not sure, so I didn't say either :P

According to HabboxWiki:

In Habbo's early days there was a weekly competition entitled 'Wacky Wednesday'. This competition was free to enter and there was a guaranteed prize of 100 credits to one lucky winner. After running this competition for a while, Sulake realised there was potential for money making. Wacky Wednesday was replace with 'Magic Monday' which maintained Wacky Wednesday's prizes and weekly occurrence, but players were charged 25p to enter via their phone.

This competition then underwent another change. It became 'Funky Friday', and whilst the way to enter stayed the same, the prize changed every week. After running this for a long time, Sulake decided it was time to change it, so they allowed Habbos to submit a Funky Friday containing an opening paragraph(s), the prize and the question. In this version of Funky Friday not only would the winner get the prize, but also the person who submitted it.

These weekly competitions were eventually axed (Funky Friday was the last of its kind) and so were other competitions (such as room building competitions) in early 2012.

http://www.habboxwiki.com/Old_Features

Meanies
14-02-2013, 06:30 PM

I googled quickly it seems it was magic, my bad! Not far off though :P

Paige.
14-02-2013, 06:35 PM

ohhh cool! thanks :)

Mr-Trainor
14-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Will be interesting to see whether it does or not, and I'm wondering where you've got this information from :P. Wouldn't surprise me too much if they did bring back something similar, though, as they do seem to be making more of an effort recently and have brought some old features back (e.g. Habbo Club).

Daltron
14-02-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't think we ever had this on Habbo Australia, or maybe we did and I can't remember, So I am excited to see how this works!

Semple
14-02-2013, 11:07 PM
No way! If this is true, I'll be ecstatic - it's essentially the reason I have all the furni I do today. I recall my winning entry being something about Fathers day haha. I never expected it as well, it was my first time entering and I was 11 at the time - thought I had no chance. :P

Awk, I'm feeling all nostalgic.

Kyle
14-02-2013, 11:35 PM
callie is returning too

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Samantha
14-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Yesterday Shedim; did inform me about this and which staff member agreed to it so I can vouch for him to that extent. He wouldn't go in to detail though but I'm assuming he meant Funky Fridays :P.

Okeanos
15-02-2013, 03:38 AM
this better be true.

Yourgame652
15-02-2013, 08:15 AM
OMG! I remember this! xD

If this is true, Habbo is making a very good move. Though I'll need to see it to believe it! :P

veeim
15-02-2013, 01:14 PM
I don't think we ever had this on Habbo Australia, or maybe we did and I can't remember, So I am excited to see how this works!
Didn't we have something similar with Tight-Ass Tuesdays where you had to write a paragraph and won a prize?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!