PDA

View Full Version : Wired help!

yoyoyo
19-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Hello wonderful wired experts,

So I'm trying to make a game where users can only walk forward at certain times.
For example, users are able to walk forward when a traffic light is green, whereas when it turns red and they try to walk forward, they will be teleported back. I am also trying to randomize the changing of the lights.

I thought this would be straightforward, but my experiments with the wired have been futile.

Thanks for anyone's help!

Thread moved by Nick (Forum Moderator): From 'Habbo In General' as it is more suited here.

MKR&*42
19-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Ok this is my way and it works surprisingly;

Stack 1:
Toggle Furni State (effect) - select the thing that's gonna be deciding when they can move, e.g. Traffic Light
Repeat Effect (Trigger) - select an appropriate delay. Should make the delay on both of these exactly the same.

Stack 2:
User Walks On Furni (Trigger) (you need enough to cover all tiles or w.e) - select the things they walk on, e.g. marble tiles.
Teleport to furni (Effect) - Select the tile you want them to teleport back to.
Furni States and Positions Match (CONDITION) - Get your furni item that decides when they can move, in this case a Traffic Light, and tick "Current Furni State" whilst it is on the appropriate setting. E.g. If you want them to walk when Traffic Light is green, double click it so it is green and then set the wired.

Worked for me, dunno if theres easier way.

Zelda
19-02-2013, 10:36 PM
If you want to randomise the state of it you would do this -

Trigger: Repeat Effect
Effects: Match furni state and positions for each of the states you want it to (not gonna state 2 or 3 incase you want the intermediate one)
Add-on: Random effect

listen to what warren said for other :)

yoyoyo
19-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Thanks so much to the above two; I'm going to try it out now.

yoyoyo
20-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Thank you guys, it worked perfectly!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!