PDA

View Full Version : What are the requirements for a name to be classed as rare on Habbo

God
21-02-2013, 02:48 AM
What are the requirements for a name to be classed as rare on Habbo. I've been told that my name Dragga is rare but I dont think so. Just wondering :P

Robbie
21-02-2013, 02:50 AM
there is only one of every name, so i'd say your name is rare

FlyingJesus
21-02-2013, 03:03 AM
From what I've seen of the idiots who think certain names are "rare", it's a random verb picked from the middle of the dictionary and then misspelt

Luke367
21-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Well every name is rare as there is only 1. But i think people go back to 09 when you was allowed numbers & symbols if your name as them your name is rare.

Danae
21-02-2013, 04:48 AM
I think it's commonly accepted that a 'rare' name is a usually short, one-word name consisting of no numbers or extra characters such as . or -. Generally not pluralised and also must be a universally known word, meaning that your name would not be considered rare under these conditions. One-letter or one-symbol names are also considered rare, as well as short names made up of symbols only, for example: : ) or -_-.

I remember seeing a post on the Habbo forums years back suggesting that you can test the "rarity" of your name by searching it in the friend finder. The more results come up, the rarer your name is. It was considered that if you receive something like 50 or 60+ results, you have a rare name.

To say that every name is rare isn't exactly right, I'd say a more accurate term for use in that regard would be "unique".

Aaron
21-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Don't even know what's considered a rare name anymore since that name clear-out. But I think one letter usernames and those with simple words like 'D' or 'Happy' something like that perhaps? Might also depend on the signup date too, not those 2011 accounts from the clear-out.

zombies
21-02-2013, 11:53 PM
don't be obsessed with rare names. there's a tip.

Zelda
22-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Various levels of it really

General rarish - a word in dictionary non pluralised
More rare - more well known words and like 3 letter non-sensicles
Very rare - people names, things like hello stupid habbo boy etc

All depends on how you see it really!

Faceless
22-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Personally, I would only consider habbo names that are a single letter or number as rare (i.e. "A" or "6"). Where as names such as "Wolf" or "Sun" are names that are just generally nice when you see them.

karter
22-02-2013, 12:49 PM
there is only one of every name, so i'd say your name is rare

rare =/= unique

Don't even know what's considered a rare name anymore since that name clear-out. But I think one letter usernames and those with simple words like 'D' or 'Happy' something like that perhaps? Might also depend on the signup date too, not those 2011 accounts from the clear-out.

lol there was a clearout in 05 too which makes them not rare too then

zombies
22-02-2013, 12:57 PM
rare =/= unique

lol there was a clearout in 05 too which makes them not rare too then
i guess no name is really rare then :)

e5
22-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I got e5 in the 2005 clearout, didn't know they had a clear out though, just got lucky. I wouldn't class that as rare though.

Cerys
22-02-2013, 02:20 PM
In my terms, I would say any username with three lettered or less is rare.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!