PDA

View Full Version : You know what I don't understand about Habbo?

CammyPtheGreat
23-02-2013, 11:39 PM
They're always changing things. Always. I can understand adding new content, but the community has changed so much in the past few years. A lot of the changes being worse. It used to be so simple, and they're making everything so complicated. I haven't been on it about 6 months, but I'm going to assume that it's the same. Last time I logged on, I got so frustrated (it was the first time in a while,) that I just sat in one room and talked to my friend. Not to mention that moderation seems to have gotten so strict. I understand that it's a community geared more towards the younger age groups, but where is the leniency for the older people? Maybe I'm just bitter. Or, to old for this lol.

Samantha
23-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Why should there be different levels of leniency depending how old you are? Some of the people who are in their 20s are still so hyped up about the game and still take it too seriously. Moderation has gone down hill so much due to various factors and people always appear wrongly banned, it's harder to sort it out now too. The community has changed to more of a gaming platform instead. They're attempting to rekindle old Habbo a bit now but previously it was more about getting new members, trying to help them etc.

CammyPtheGreat
23-02-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm not saying that there should be different "levels" of leniency. It just seems that the company doesn't take the older players into consideration when they make moderation decisions. For example: back when you could disable the filter. I thought that was a great idea. I don't know if there was an age restriction on that or not? I don't know. Last time I checked, that option was gone, I believe. As far as people being wrongly banned goes, I feel that it's a lack of care with moderation. Instead of looking into the problem, they're just quick to ban. The community has grown so much that I'm sure it's harder to keep track of everything all of the time. However, it is a business. Customer service is key. The company should put more focus into making sure that the moderators don't cause a loss of customers. Especially people who spend tons of money on the game, and don't necessarily do anything to constitute a ban. If I ran the company, I wouldn't want to lose out on ANY amount of money, no matter how small, due to lack of care with moderation. Of course they want new members, but they don't seem to be taking care of their loyal customers.

FlyingJesus
24-02-2013, 12:07 AM
I got so frustrated that I just sat in one room and talked to my friend

Isn't that what Habbo's for lol

Red
24-02-2013, 12:09 AM
When Paul was in charge, there was nothing but a string of bad 'updates'. They did really over complicate things with the trading pass and citizenship. They really need to go back and just undo all of his rubbish. Strict moderation is good. It is better than reporting and having nothing happen (which we had before). It's really appalling how they have removed the ability to submit tickets to the help tool atm. They need to get that back asap.

HOSKO02
25-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Red - The No#1 query from the 'Ask a Question' tool to Helpers from Habbo's has to be either a) How do I get my trading pass? Or b) How can I get my free VIP?
Even though the Talents process is a nice concept, it's not very clear at all to navigate for new users. These features would better be served as series of quests that upon completion then unlock these features on new accounts.
Most Habbos will fail to take basic instruction and don't look for info properly, like when a room owner outlines 'Look at the stickie for info/how to play!' In the room desc, welcome message and with a bot repeating it, it's still gonna go straight over peoples heads if they're oblivious - the talents system is lost on many new users in the same way.

Kardan
27-02-2013, 02:06 AM
For the 73rd time, moderation is stricter now because of the Channel 4 scandal, this won't be changing very soon...

karter
27-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Moderation is strict only for sexually explicit behaviour. It's still not strict for scamming, disrupting, bullying etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!