PDA

View Full Version : Ask a guy on his second deployment anything!

CammyPtheGreat
23-02-2013, 11:48 PM
In Afghanistan for the second time. Ask away!

sex
24-02-2013, 12:08 AM
do you not get sunburned a lot making it difficult to fight
serious question lol

Catchy
24-02-2013, 12:18 AM
Are the films @sex (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=101389); watches true? Do guys really get with other guys due to lack of girls...

serious q btw!

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 12:20 AM
sex: No, long sleeves all of the time to prevent that.

Jake: Haha no. It ain't even like that. Lack of girls isn't that terrible. Just dudes being dudes.

Catchy
24-02-2013, 12:22 AM
sex: No, long sleeves all of the time to prevent that.

Jake: Haha no. It ain't even like that. Lack of girls isn't that terrible. Just dudes being dudes.

That's a shame, love a man in uniform

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 12:24 AM
I can see why. It's pretty sexy brah.

Inseriousity.
24-02-2013, 12:24 AM
LOL jake!

are the locals supportive of what you're doing or scared of you?

sex
24-02-2013, 12:25 AM
omg those "movies" said that really happens in the army

wixard
24-02-2013, 12:25 AM
do you use shampoo

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 12:30 AM
Inseriousity.: It depends. The only ones scared are the ones who are doing things wrong. A lot of them are very supportive, but some of them you can just tell that they hate us and don't want us here. It's understandable.

wixard: Yeah, if I have it. I usually run out before I get a package with more. Last deployment, no. I didn't even shower for the first 3 months.

e5
24-02-2013, 12:32 AM
If you don't shower for 3 months, aren't you like seriously unclean and smelly?!

Inseriousity.: It depends. The only ones scared are the ones who are doing things wrong. A lot of them are very supportive, but some of them you can just tell that they hate us and don't want us here. It's understandable.

wixard: Yeah, if I have it. I usually run out before I get a package with more. Last deployment, no. I didn't even shower for the first 3 months.

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 12:39 AM
If you don't shower for 3 months, aren't you like seriously unclean and smelly?!
Absolutely. You don't notice it though. We all smell the same.

Catchy
24-02-2013, 12:40 AM

omg dying, LMAO

FlyingJesus
24-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Do you genuinely believe in the cause that you're out there for? Not meant to cause any offence just genuinely interested to know what the overall thoughts of the troops is

sexpot
24-02-2013, 12:43 AM
How much gear are you carrying at any given moment?

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Do you genuinely believe in the cause that you're out there for? Not meant to cause any offence just genuinely interested to know what the overall thoughts of the troops is

Obviously none of us want to be here. It sucks. However, looking at everything that we have done since we've been in this country, you have to admire it. The Taliban regime has been dismantled (even though they're out there still,) and we replaced that with an actual government. We provided opportunities for the local populace to receive education, as well as expressing the importance of letting women get an education, even though the culture here is still extremely strict for women. We have helped clear the areas of major Taliban threats and trained their military, local police, national police, and block securities so that they are able to keep the threat level low. They are now able to fend for themselves. We have also provided them with more medical knowledge and training. So, yes, in the long run I believe that we have helped the people of this country in a very significant way, and I can only hope that they are able to keep progressing once we leave here.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 06:50 PM ----------

How much gear are you carrying at any given moment?
That depends. When I would patrol, I would wear my flak jacket, full combat load (ammo), camel-bak full of water, first aid kit, and weapon. However, that would also depend on my position in the patrol. I may have a metal detector, or an ECM unit to block radio transmissions for IEDs. Maybe I'm carrying a radio. I may have a 240B machine gun, or be carrying the extra ammo for one. Amongst man other things. It really depended on what the mission was at the time. I've been on some patrols with an extremely heavy load.

HarrySX
24-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 01:14 AM
Definitely one horse-sized duck. Would be epic.

sexpot
24-02-2013, 01:15 AM
What rank and MOS are you?

HarrySX
24-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Definitely one horse-sized duck. Would be epic.

I disagree. Ducks are pretty dangerous the size they are so if you scale them up to the size of the horse, I think you'd die one on one.

100 duck-sized horses, however, will be more like fighting 100 My Little Pony dolls.

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Dangerinmetal: E-4 with an MOS of 0612 (Field Wireman) and a secondary MOS of 0311 (Rifleman).

HarrySX: Even if I would die, it would still be an epic battle. I'd rather engage in a legendary battle with a giant duck and lose, than just kicking a bunch of tiny horses around.

j0rd
24-02-2013, 01:49 AM
> hxf not /b/

Seriously though, do you enjoy doing it?

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 02:06 AM
> hxf not /b/

Seriously though, do you enjoy doing it?

Honestly? No. I am tired of it. I've been in just two months shy of 4 years, and I am so done with it. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world, though. I have met the most amazing people and the best friends that I've ever had. I've partied harder than anyone I know, and I got to serve my country. I take pride in that. I'm just ready to move on and do something else with my life.

j0rd
24-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Honestly? No. I am tired of it. I've been in just two months shy of 4 years, and I am so done with it. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world, though. I have met the most amazing people and the best friends that I've ever had. I've partied harder than anyone I know, and I got to serve my country. I take pride in that. I'm just ready to move on and do something else with my life.

Two of my best mates are getting deployed this year. One next month and the other later on in the year. Literally couldn't even imagine not seeing them once in 3 months!

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 02:19 AM
How long are they getting deployed for?

j0rd
24-02-2013, 02:23 AM
How long are they getting deployed for?

Both 6 months with a 2 week break where we are going Maga :D

sexpot
24-02-2013, 02:24 AM
What were/was the prevailing thought(s) on your mind when you got to Parris Island/San Diego?

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 02:26 AM
What were/was the prevailing thought(s) on your mind when you got to Parris Island/San Diego?

"wtf did I get myself in to." Haha.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 08:27 PM ----------

Wow a two week break? I wish!! The only ones who get a break are the ones deployed for 13+ months. They need it though.

j0rd
24-02-2013, 02:31 AM
"wtf did I get myself in to." Haha.

---------- Post added 23-02-2013 at 08:27 PM ----------

Wow a two week break? I wish!! The only ones who get a break are the ones deployed for 13+ months. They need it though.

Im pretty sure. Its either a week or two anyway because we are going to book it just before he gets deployed

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 02:38 AM
I hope they don't change the dates on you guys! Make sure it's refundable! That happens to us a lot. They tell us that we're getting leave, people buy plane tickets, then they change the dates on everyone!

-:Undertaker:-
24-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Are you well equipped or are there often delays in equipment/arms getting to you?

And also, to what extent do you rely on American supplies/force and vice versa?

Teabags
24-02-2013, 11:28 AM
takeover?

KyleSmith
24-02-2013, 12:38 PM
How are you on the internet? o.O

Take some pictures and upload to us please.

Ardemax
24-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Have you ever seen one of your men down? Like K.I.A. sort of thing and if so was it difficult to take? I understand if you don't want to answer that

Cerys
24-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Simple question; Do you get scared?

Also, do you think going away like that has made you into a better person, if you see what I mean?

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 04:35 PM
-:Undertaker:- : I'm American. We're well supplied and equipment is on point.

KyleSmith: We have a network, just like the rest of the military. Military technology is way up there.

Ardemax: Yes. And, it's very difficult when someone in your unit gets hurt of killed. Worst feeling in the world.

:Cerys: Not this time around, because I'm just doing network stuff. But, last time yes. Extremely. I was on post 10 hours a day, and patrolling for like 6-7 hours a day. Getting shot at regularly. Not fun.

P.S. I can't upload pictures from this time. However, I can upload pictures from my last deployment. I have to put them on a CD first, then transfer them onto this computer. Not allowed to connect external drives to these pcs.

sexpot
24-02-2013, 04:41 PM
What made you become a Marine?

Sharon
24-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Can you describe your typical daily routine?

e5
24-02-2013, 06:06 PM
It was a serious questions =[

omg dying, LMAO

dbgtz
24-02-2013, 06:52 PM
why are you on habboxforum

CammyPtheGreat
24-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Dangerinmetal: I knew that I was just going to go to college and waste money, for one. Two, I believe that everyone should serve their country, even if only for a couple of years.

Sharon: 1st deployment - 4 a.m. 5 hours of post. Patrol an hour later for 6-8 hours, then back on post for another 5 hours. Work in gym time at some point, and sleep. This time, I just sit in this stupid room and monitor this stupid network, gym, sleep.

dbgtz: I've been playing Habbo since like '04, and I'm bored.

dbgtz
24-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Do you have any proof you're in the military?

Adam
24-02-2013, 08:04 PM
You, of all people, should know that you are essentially a walking sandbag so does it annoy you when people say that soldiers deserve more respect and money? This is a job that you have taken under your own free will, you are not forced to do this, you know the dangers and still go forward with it and I was wondering whether you soldiers share what the "do-gooders" are saying?

Do you think you deserve more money (despite the usual gripes of inflation and w/e that comes with any job) and more respect etc? Or do you think you're just doing what you get paid to do?

Never actually asked a serving soldier this, I'm intrigued.

AgnesIO
24-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Take some pictures and upload to us please.

Do you have any proof you're in the military?

I too would love to see this.

CammyPtheGreat
28-02-2013, 07:58 PM
dbgtz: Of course I do. Not that I need to prove anything to you, but just for argument's sake, what kind of proof do you want? Do you want to see my Facebook? (Is that allowed...?)

adECW: We get paid crap. Yes, I think that we deserve more money. It's not that we get paid enough to not have to want more money. There are broke Marines all over the place. We have enough money for our cell phone bills, car insurance, and maybe to go out every other weekend. That's about it. Not to mention on deployment, where we actually put our lives on the line, I'll do 7 months out here and only come back with like 15 grand. Not a lot of money working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So, yes. I think we deserve more money. We don't complain about it though. It's just whatever.

AlexJRiley
28-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Do you have a constant shortage of batteries (for your NV), I've heard thats quite a bad problem, also what regiment batallion and squad? :3 I have a friend in the Vikings.

dbgtz
28-02-2013, 09:40 PM
dbgtz: Of course I do. Not that I need to prove anything to you, but just for argument's sake, what kind of proof do you want? Do you want to see my Facebook? (Is that allowed...?)

adECW: We get paid crap. Yes, I think that we deserve more money. It's not that we get paid enough to not have to want more money. There are broke Marines all over the place. We have enough money for our cell phone bills, car insurance, and maybe to go out every other weekend. That's about it. Not to mention on deployment, where we actually put our lives on the line, I'll do 7 months out here and only come back with like 15 grand. Not a lot of money working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So, yes. I think we deserve more money. We don't complain about it though. It's just whatever.

A photo of a letter with your forum name written on another piece of paper next to it would be ideal. Obviously with all the sensitive details edited out. A Facebook profile proves very little.

xxMATTGxx
28-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Just a note, the guy is posting from a United States Military Network. Although any other extra proof would be handy for the users.

MKR&*42
28-02-2013, 10:32 PM
I can't believe how many people are automatically jumping to the conclusion that he is lying and must provide tonnes of proof for this lol. What on Earth does he have to gain from this thread if he was lying anyway? If anyone asks for more proof than what Matt has just given... lol.

I don't have any questions, reading the past few pages has been interesting though.

AgnesIO
28-02-2013, 10:50 PM
I can't believe how many people are automatically jumping to the conclusion that he is lying and must provide tonnes of proof for this lol. What on Earth does he have to gain from this thread if he was lying anyway? If anyone asks for more proof than what Matt has just given... lol.

I don't have any questions, reading the past few pages has been interesting though.

I think it is just nice to know that users are being legitimate - understandably, as I would personally be annoyed if someone was lying about it (not like users on here don't lie a lot - cough, JerseyShore lol)

MKR&*42
28-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I think it is just nice to know that users are being legitimate - understandably, as I would personally be annoyed if someone was lying about it (not like users on here don't lie a lot - cough, JerseyShore lol)

I suppose I see your point. I would just personally feel a bit annoyed if people were constantly asking me to prove myself in a thread :P

dbgtz
28-02-2013, 11:11 PM

Never said he was a liar, just not saying he's a truther (not sure if people will get the joke).

No but it's understandable for there to be some evidence, I mean look at the recent JerseyShore fiasco :P.

FlyingJesus
28-02-2013, 11:36 PM
BACK TO THE QUESTIONS

Do you use your soldier status to pick up laydeez or is there a special darlin' sweetheart waiting for you back home?

GommeInc
28-02-2013, 11:47 PM

It would be interesting just generally :P It might be good to see a picture of the area, perhaps inside the base (security permitted).

sexpot
01-03-2013, 01:23 AM
I don't believe USAF Personnel are permitted to take pictures of inside military bases.

Stephen
01-03-2013, 09:23 PM
if you die can i have your furni

Catchetat
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
is the bbc panorama - mission accomplished show a good reflection of what it is like in afghan?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!