PDA

View Full Version : When buying with exchange furniture..

Mr-Trainor
25-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Why is it that, for example just now, I put in a sack, a gold coin and a bronze coin because he asked for 31c - and he says 'sack is worth 19c, coin is worth 9. Add 2c!' Not the first time people have said this since I came back and I'm just wondering if this is what everyone does now, because it seems a bit weird :P, and annoying :@.

zombies
25-02-2013, 07:59 PM
it is annoying. now gbs are 50c bronze apparently. you can stuff it ;)

MKR&*42
25-02-2013, 08:01 PM
It is incredibly annoying and I only figured it out last night (:() as to why it costs that much.

It's due to the fact that there is the 1c credit tax in the Habbo Exchange section. I can't explain why it works now because I have forgotten how I worked it out last night...

Might be something to do with the fact that the user has to pay an additional 1c to get that item out of the shop, so they deduct that from the silver/gold coin/sack/gold bar value?

Gah idk. Just keep them at their catalogue values, don't let anyone try and say they're 1c less 'cause it's silly and I've traded with plenty of people who accept sack at 20c, silver at 5c etc.

Zelda
25-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Tbh it's unusual for that to happen when you buying for items, it normally only happens when you are buying bronze with other forms really, but yea, its really annoying tbh

Mr-Trainor
25-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah but I had to pay 21c + 11c + 2c to buy the 31c in the first place, which means I actually paid 34c. But then surely if the person I give them to redeems it then he will get 31c! I said that to this person who I just traded, but he said 'yes but I'm not going to redeem them' - but they're still worth 31c and not 29c! How does that make any sense :P?

sex
25-02-2013, 08:07 PM
yeah thats why you always see people buying bulk going and silver coins for 4c and 10c, then they exchange them buy a goldbar and end up making a few credits profit

Kittysoft
25-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm going to be honest and say that I do this in my shop, but the main reason is because I buy and sell cheap furni (2 for 1c and 1c), bronze coins are easier for me to work with, and because other habbos do the same thing in their shops, it's just easier for me to have lots of bronze coins so i don't pay these "taxes" either.

I try to avoid buying from shops that value silver at 3c or less, gold at 8c or less, sacks at 18c or less or gbs at 48c or less. These shops tend to have rip off prices at the same time.

Aaron
25-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Well that's strange? I've seen like 1 or 2 people off my list buying gold bars 51bronze per, I'll happily do that trade as it's like 1-3c+ profit than you'd normally get.

But I see sacks, gold coins, silver coins - minus 1 or 2 coins from the original price. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!