PDA

View Full Version : [Building] a cute help desk

Okeanos
25-02-2013, 08:52 PM
i made a help desk for room builders.... its unlikely to be used but i think its nice. better than hxhd anyway.

http://i47.tinypic.com/28a26tc.png

iBlueBox
25-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Not fond of it,

Some furniture just seems random and out of place, such as the small candle by the statue,
Also the corner looks ugly with no block at the top.

Aaron
25-02-2013, 09:01 PM
This is actually really nice although maybe mix and match the tiles; brown & marble to break it up a bit. :P

geo
25-02-2013, 09:04 PM
i wouldn't say it's cute but i really love the room. next hxhd, please guys.

MKR&*42
25-02-2013, 09:04 PM
This actually looks awesome. Try adding a corner if you can, 'cause that'd make it look even better, but I really love this room.

Okeanos
25-02-2013, 09:14 PM
i didnt know what to do with corner so just left it. i spose i could have restacked it all but i was too lazy. fnx for the nice comments

Not fond of it,

Some furniture just seems random and out of place, such as the small candle by the statue,
Also the corner looks ugly with no block at the top.

your opinion is invalid because you cant make nice rooms.

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to other members.

its not rude shut up

iBlueBox
25-02-2013, 09:16 PM
i didnt know what to do with corner so just left it. i spose i could have restacked it all but i was too lazy. fnx for the nice comments

your opinion is invalid because you cant make nice rooms.

Thing is though, I can make nice rooms and regularly do when I have time. :)

Samantha
25-02-2013, 09:25 PM
If you think it's so much better than HxHD and think you're so good at making rooms why not post a layout you'd like to see HxHD use? Why bother posting on Habbox Forum when you hardly like the fansite :P?

Go ahead and say my opinion is invalid because I can't make 'nice rooms' but I'm not really a room builder but that's fine.

There are too many furniture ranges used with the Collectibles, Anna, Pura etc. now the room itself is ok, I like how you've used American Idol furniture especially but I think the HC Bar Shelves could be changed to something else as they look too cheap for the room - going by the (Super) Rares you've used with the Hologirl/boy Russian Samovar and Eco Friendly Penguin.

Perhaps you could use different seats aside from Anna as the colour contrasts a lot and again devalues the room.

Also, some parts of it doesn't really look like a Help Desk, a bit too many Pura Bookcases and Building Blocks.

In a way it would be good and a better version of the current Habbo Help Desk, least then it would be some what original :P.

Mr-Trainor
25-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I actually like it, I think it has a nice modern feeling, and it's not too cramped. However, it does seem just a little bit pain though. But still, overall I think it looks quite nice :).

Michael
25-02-2013, 09:31 PM
The blue and silver theme is great, I do like it. However a help desk is not a bedroom, and the randomly placed bits of furniture do dampen the room. Well done on it though!

Okeanos
25-02-2013, 09:37 PM
If you think it's so much better than HxHD and think you're so good at making rooms why not post a layout you'd like to see HxHD use? Why bother posting on Habbox Forum when you hardly like the fansite :P?

Go ahead and say my opinion is invalid because I can't make 'nice rooms' but I'm not really a room builder but that's fine.

There are too many furniture ranges used with the Collectibles, Anna, Pura etc. now the room itself is ok, I like how you've used American Idol furniture especially but I think the HC Bar Shelves could be changed to something else as they look too cheap for the room - going by the (Super) Rares you've used with the Hologirl/boy Russian Samovar and Eco Friendly Penguin.

Perhaps you could use different seats aside from Anna as the colour contrasts a lot and again devalues the room.

Also, some parts of it doesn't really look like a Help Desk, a bit too many Pura Bookcases and Building Blocks.

In a way it would be good and a better version of the current Habbo Help Desk, least then it would be some what original :P.

i didnt post here for yours or anybodies benefit. i post my rooms here so i can keep a record and because i value (constructive) criticism, this is a rarity on habbox though. i dont want to make a layout for hxhd.

i think the room is simple and airy, that was my aim anyway. since when were holos, samovars and eco penguins super rare? i used them for a bit of decoration because theyre some of my fav furni... if you dont like them, tough. it doesnt look anything like the current habbo help desk, and that was intentional because i wanted to be different.... hence the colour scheme.

P.S. it is supposed to look plain, cluttered rooms look awful when a lot of habbos are in them.

Samantha
25-02-2013, 09:42 PM
i didnt post here for yours or anybodies benefit. i post my rooms here so i can keep a record and because i value (constructive) criticism, this is a rarity on habbox though. i dont want to make a layout for hxhd.

i think the room is simple and airy, that was my aim anyway. since when were holos, samovars and eco penguins super rare? i used them for a bit of decoration because theyre some of my fav furni... if you dont like them, tough. it doesnt look anything like the current habbo help desk, and that was intentional because i wanted to be different.... hence the colour scheme.

P.S. it is supposed to look plain, cluttered rooms look awful when a lot of habbos are in them.

The Eco Penguin Trophy is Super Rare the others are normal rares, sorry for not specifically saying. Well at least I gave some CC, so did a few here though in this thread but I do agree sometimes people just post 'it's cute' or 'it's ok' and nothing more which can be a pain most of the time. I also never said I didn't like the rares you've used and I did say it would be a better version of the Habbo Help Desk but it's like you're saying I meant it is similar which it isn't.

Mr.L.Darragh
25-02-2013, 10:32 PM

Not going to lie, but you practically asked for peoples opinions by posting here, isn't that the point of forums? Surely you can keep a record in an album or something if you don't like it?

- Think it's a bit out of order saying that people can't build good rooms, especially when you probably haven't even seen any they've made. Oh and nice 'This is a rarity on Habbox' :]

Well, other than that my first impressions on the room is that it looks fairly good, however I have to agree with others that some furni is a little out of place and actually looks slightly cluttered in places. You could maybe try removing some of the furni from the top of the bookcase on the left side of the room, it just catches my eye for some reason. I love the modern feel it gives though. Well done :)

Luke367
25-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Its look nice, :) You also got David and hes peeing :)

Shockwave.2CC
25-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I love it

Lewis
25-02-2013, 11:06 PM
The Eco Penguin Trophy is Super Rare the others are normal rares, sorry for not specifically saying. Well at least I gave some CC, so did a few here though in this thread but I do agree sometimes people just post 'it's cute' or 'it's ok' and nothing more which can be a pain most of the time. I also never said I didn't like the rares you've used and I did say it would be a better version of the Habbo Help Desk but it's like you're saying I meant it is similar which it isn't.

the eco penguin rare is worth 5c... lol?

OT: I like it. I don't mind the random furni, I think it just makes it look tht... idk the word lol o well. In the end, good room :)

Samantha
25-02-2013, 11:13 PM
the eco penguin rare is worth 5c... lol?

OT: I like it. I don't mind the random furni, I think it just makes it look tht... idk the word lol o well. In the end, good room :)

So? It's a super rare due to it only being available in the Ecotron, it wasn't given out as a prize or released via the catalogue. Likewise to all Ecoton furni, hence the Potted Cactus' are super rares, don't worry some of them are just stupid :P.

Also to be classed as a super it's so annoying to think they need to be worth a lot when they don't :P. They can be worth so little :(.

The room is ok but a lot of work can be done.

Catchy
25-02-2013, 11:45 PM

big layouts r hideous!!!

Zac.
26-02-2013, 01:18 AM
I like it. Future HxHD? :)

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 01:38 AM
i do not give permission for it to be used as any future hxhd.

Red
26-02-2013, 01:50 AM
We wouldn't want it :)

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 01:51 AM
fine by me lol.........

karter
26-02-2013, 07:32 AM
anna furni doesnt go with the room~ i like what you have done with the windos though

NeverSkem
26-02-2013, 11:17 AM
I like the color blue. Its comfortably in my Eyes!

Lewis
26-02-2013, 01:18 PM
So? It's a super rare due to it only being available in the Ecotron, it wasn't given out as a prize or released via the catalogue. Likewise to all Ecoton furni, hence the Potted Cactus' are super rares, don't worry some of them are just stupid :P.Also to be classed as a super it's so annoying to think they need to be worth a lot when they don't :P. They can be worth so little :(.The room is ok but a lot of work can be done.oh, that's a bit stupid. I thought super rares were classed by quantity of the furni and value. :S

ot: good room, and ye try 2 get a corner in the stack

Cassiieee
26-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't like it.

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 04:04 PM

"you're ridiculous"? just wondering why you said you liked the room, but now youre leaving abusive rep comments? make up your mind

I don't like it.

ok. why not?

geo
26-02-2013, 05:01 PM
"you're ridiculous"? just wondering why you said you liked the room, but now youre leaving abusive rep comments? make up your mind

because you were unnecessarily rude lol

your rooms good but no need to be rude to um, jord isn't it?

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 05:05 PM
because you were unnecessarily rude lol

your rooms good but no need to be rude to um, jord isn't it?

yeh cos posting a screenie is rude......... :rolleyes:

geo
26-02-2013, 05:09 PM
yeh cos posting a screenie is rude......... :rolleyes:

i just told you why. you were rude to jord. i never said the screenie was rude, just -repped your first comment.......... uh

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 05:12 PM
i just told you why. you were rude to jord. i never said the screenie was rude, just -repped your first comment.......... uh

pointless rep!!!!

geo
26-02-2013, 05:25 PM
pointless rep!!!!

you were rude, lol.
you're being so stupid i didn't think you CARED

zombies
26-02-2013, 05:29 PM
some nice elements. however, some of it looks tacky =)

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 05:31 PM
fnx for all the nice comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! except if you werent nice of course

Pigperson
26-02-2013, 07:46 PM
I really like the fact that it isn't totally uniform (and I am a big fan of uniformity). It looks fresh and youthful although the actual desk/bar itself is a bit plain in my opinion. I think making it into a different shape would be more interesting.

Will

Odette
26-02-2013, 09:49 PM
I like how it sort of has a classic vibe to it - but I'd say it's mediocre, sorry.

Oh, and though I'm not a forum regular I've noticed you have an attitude problem, on and off the hotel. It doesn't hurt to be polite and civil with people.

Cassiieee
26-02-2013, 10:20 PM
ok. why not?

I just don't.

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 10:33 PM
I like how it sort of has a classic vibe to it - but I'd say it's mediocre, sorry.

Oh, and though I'm not a forum regular I've noticed you have an attitude problem, on and off the hotel. It doesn't hurt to be polite and civil with people.

like you said, you're not a forum regular. i dont know you so on what basis do you presume to judge me? i am polite and friendly to those who deserve it.

I just don't.

why did you bother posting then? :rolleyes:

Jarkie
26-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Nice room, keep up the good work.

Cassiieee
26-02-2013, 10:37 PM
why did you bother posting then? :rolleyes:

My opinion.

Okeanos
26-02-2013, 10:44 PM
My opinion.

some would say that was rude..... habbox users favorite word

Odette
27-02-2013, 01:09 AM
like you said, you're not a forum regular. i dont know you so on what basis do you presume to judge me? i am polite and friendly to those who deserve it.If you noticed I did say "on and off the hotel". Perhaps you don't remember verbally attacking me in a room for no reason whatsoever. You clearly dish out, as well as invite hostility, therefore I won't satisfy you any longer. Ciao!

Nick
27-02-2013, 01:55 AM
I really like it tbh. I love how you have added windows and put plants out there, i love that. It looks like a little office to me :P

Okeanos
27-02-2013, 01:28 PM
If you noticed I did say "on and off the hotel". Perhaps you don't remember verbally attacking me in a room for no reason whatsoever. You clearly dish out, as well as invite hostility, therefore I won't satisfy you any longer. Ciao!

no i dont remember, fictitious arguments dont count im afraid.

Zak
27-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I like it.

Don't like the hologirl however and dislike how big the room is.

Apart from that looks fab! :D

Emz
28-02-2013, 12:48 AM
I love the room! :) So different than any other help desks I've seen in a while! So clean and tidy too because of the space. Though I might have removed a few of the "random" furnis like the holo-girl and purple rose. But the rest is fab!

Okeanos
28-02-2013, 04:00 PM
tusen takk emz

Emz
01-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Bare hyggelig! :)

Empired
01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Right ok, a number of things:

I think the Anna sofas work well, but the random stuff makes them look slightly out of place. If you got rid of the random stuff on top of the bookshelves, it would look much better.
Secondly I think you should replace the holo-girl with another holo-boy to keep with the theme of the blue colours.
I would prefer it if you could have a bit more continuity with the Anna sofas, but this may be down to my personal preference.

Apart from those things (which can be fixed easily), I really like this room. I disagree with the idea of using marble + brown tiles. Just marble tiles suits the room much better. Also I really like the way you stacked the bookshelves with the pillars around it, it looks very library-ish and I've never seen anyone else do this before, despite it being really quite simple :P

Daltron
02-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Not a big fan but I won't go into it after seeing other responses haha. good effort

Yawn
02-03-2013, 12:27 PM
lol this thread

http://cdn01.cdn.crunktastical.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/anigif_enhanced-buzz-5913-1361979074-2.gif

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

anisagimran
02-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Yes, the blue and silver theme is good but I am not thinking that the above are amazing actually. There should have some more awesome ideas of help desk that I will show you all soon ....!!!!

LiquidLuck.
04-03-2013, 08:18 PM
I think it's pretty cute, but I have to agree that it looks a bit too cheap and mixed furni for a good help desk..

Okeanos
05-03-2013, 04:08 AM
I think it's pretty cute, but I have to agree that it looks a bit too cheap and mixed furni for a good help desk..

if i wanted to fill it with ugly rares then i would have. whoever said a desk needs to have petals, majs or thrones?

chemidann95
05-03-2013, 05:42 PM
The room is pretty cute. idc if it's cheap furni or w/e, it's still pretty cute.

Kyle
05-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Clicked this expecting to see a brown plasto volcano with a helpdesk in the corner. It's not like you to make a room from scratch!

You've dotted some bits and bobs about the place presumably to brighten it up but don't seem to have been able to pull it off. Why's there a random white candle, a lillypad, a purple rose and a number of other pointless items scattered around the room? They don't make sense. Not quite sure if the window areas are supposed to be display cabinets with mismatching foliage or windows to the outside with junk behind them. Also, pineapple plants? Who has even used those since 2008?

Looks more like some sort of departure lounge that's been vandalised than a help desk but well done for trying :)

LiquidLuck.
05-03-2013, 09:06 PM
if i wanted to fill it with ugly rares then i would have. whoever said a desk needs to have petals, majs or thrones?

Never said that either, but there is a difference between 8 and 80..

Okeanos
06-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Clicked this expecting to see a brown plasto volcano with a helpdesk in the corner. It's not like you to make a room from scratch!

You've dotted some bits and bobs about the place presumably to brighten it up but don't seem to have been able to pull it off. Why's there a random white candle, a lillypad, a purple rose and a number of other pointless items scattered around the room? They don't make sense. Not quite sure if the window areas are supposed to be display cabinets with mismatching foliage or windows to the outside with junk behind them. Also, pineapple plants? Who has even used those since 2008?

Looks more like some sort of departure lounge that's been vandalised than a help desk but well done for trying :)

LOL shut up it's fabulous and way more cool than your one with the weird lake thing.........! a volcano desk would have been nice!

Jeremy7814
06-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Nice And Big! But i kind of dislike the blue Too Much!

EarCandy
08-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Well, I love this room, esp the background in the windows, the walls, and tiles, but I find the mode coffee table a little... dull.
But other than that, its pretty well done. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!