PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Giveaway Room Hacking IS Real.

Twikkie
27-02-2013, 04:05 AM
So I noticed another post about Giveaway room scams.
And last night while having my Helper tool on, I also had someone ask me for help regarding a giveaway room scam.

There has been a lot of this going on lately because it's a rather new (or re-newed) idea that is being played out these past weeks by people such as the Habbo Hacking Krew (http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3242229&highlight=krew).

Here is a quote from the post:

"Koolzmad had a great idea of setting up a giveaway room, and having them tune into our "Radio station" (which is actually a popular scene for habbo users) and it will infect them with a Rat. So props to him on that, and i'll be setting up the giveaway room with some norms and what not to make it look realistic."

So, these hackers have been setting up giveaways, making people tune into radio stations, and those radio station sites would inflict their computers with a RAT or keylogger.

You might need a Hackforums account to read that thread.
Also, I don't think there is anything we can do to stop these people from doing this. The only thing we can do is warn other Habbos about it, although I doubt much will be done.

It's really too bad that this goes on, but if you browse the habbo section of Hackforums.net, you'll notice that there are MANY people who do not believe hacking is immoral, and their consciences are not one bit affected by this. An online game may not seem like a big deal to them... but where do these people draw the moral line from the internet to real life?

Red
27-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Sad people are falling victim to this :{ One of them also signed up here and posted a radio station but martin was able to remove it pretty quickly. Also seen people posting tumblrs and dailybooths (even though thats not even around anymore.) around the hotel. I reported the person posting it and nothing happened either...typical. Everyone jut needs to be cautious not to click on any unknown links.

zombies
27-02-2013, 08:14 AM
YES. I was nearly a victim to this last night. AVOID THIS LINK bobblehat.tk - although, i did it on hidemyass.

Samantha
27-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Oh, I'm lucky that site didnt load for me.

sex
27-02-2013, 11:25 AM
It's done by asking you to run java... But only chrome asks you, all other web browsers run it automatically I think

scottish
27-02-2013, 01:06 PM
What a crap hacking 'krew'

The people who go to giveaways are the last people you want to 'hack' as you're going to get nothing from them lol..

Aaron
27-02-2013, 03:04 PM
That's always been around? Those apparently giveaway radio stations, common sense.. don't go on it I guess. :P

Paige.
27-02-2013, 07:31 PM
thanks for this, i actually didn't know about this but i don't click links anymore as my laptop was completely taken over as a result D;

GoldenMerc
27-02-2013, 07:37 PM
is it session stealing?

Red
27-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Hope everyone like Explorator; who clicked on the link have checked their comps if they weren't using chrome.

Explorator
28-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Hope everyone like Explorator; who clicked on the link have checked their comps if they weren't using chrome.

What are you on about? I use chrome anyways. Also, why would i click the link?

Tom
28-02-2013, 06:14 PM
"Habbo Hacking Krew" - people still actually spell crew with a K? Anyway, hacking by making someone a 'rat', I'm sure this has been done before?

Red
28-02-2013, 09:07 PM
T
What are you on about? I use chrome anyways. Also, why would i click the link?

A couple of days ago someone posted a fansite link in a thread which you replied too. It had a rat on it.

Explorator
28-02-2013, 10:33 PM
T

A couple of days ago someone posted a fansite link in a thread which you replied too. It had a rat on it.

Ah, i don't think i enabled java on that site. I've done a scan on my computer with Norton and all seems fine to me. I use chrome anyways!

Also, i think it's horrible to do putting RAT keyloggers on others computers. Hacking isn't even really a fun thing to do!

Red
28-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Ah, i don't think i enabled java on that site. I've done a scan on my computer with Norton and all seems fine to me. I use chrome anyways!

Also, i think it's horrible to do putting RAT keyloggers on others computers. Hacking isn't even really a fun thing to do!

Ahh well you will be safe if you didn't run the java xx

Mark
01-03-2013, 04:17 PM

Norton? You'd have better use trying to find it yourself than using norton! Thanks for the heads up btw :)

Explorator
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Norton? You'd have better use trying to find it yourself than using norton! Thanks for the heads up btw :)

The payed version. I also used Kasperspy and nothing came up!

Becka
09-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I hope nobody else fall for this. but sadly some people still do.
Thanks for the heads up anyway

Damos
05-05-2013, 01:51 AM
Not sad, and that forum is pretty incredible. *REMOVED*

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to other forum members!

LiquidLuck.
05-05-2013, 01:58 AM
What a crap hacking 'krew'

The people who go to giveaways are the last people you want to 'hack' as you're going to get nothing from them lol..

Lol this is exactly what I was thinking.. if they get anything it'll only be other crappy norms from other real giveaways or something like that..

Thank you for letting us know, by the way!

e5
05-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Not a great idea targetting users coming into a giveaway lmao - the "poor" habbos that want a few norms for their room. Don't think they thought that one through :S

And last night while having my Helper tool on, I also had someone ask me for help regarding a giveaway room scam.

There has been a lot of this going on lately because it's a rather new (or re-newed) idea that is being played out these past weeks by people such as the Habbo Hacking Krew (http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3242229&highlight=krew).

"Koolzmad had a great idea of setting up a giveaway room, and having them tune into our "Radio station" (which is actually a popular scene for habbo users) and it will infect them with a Rat. So props to him on that, and i'll be setting up the giveaway room with some norms and what not to make it look realistic."

So, these hackers have been setting up giveaways, making people tune into radio stations, and those radio station sites would inflict their computers with a RAT or keylogger.

Also, I don't think there is anything we can do to stop these people from doing this. The only thing we can do is warn other Habbos about it, although I doubt much will be done.

It's really too bad that this goes on, but if you browse the habbo section of Hackforums.net, you'll notice that there are MANY people who do not believe hacking is immoral, and their consciences are not one bit affected by this. An online game may not seem like a big deal to them... but where do these people draw the moral line from the internet to real life?

steamyxo
08-05-2013, 08:38 PM
when my friend got hacked , they changed her group name into, habbo hackers GOT YOU then the desc is ciaran got you..?

could be the same organisation?

e5
08-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Like i've said with this type of scam before. It's stupid because they're targetting poor habbo's going to a giveaway to get NORMS ;/

edit: Oops already replied to this thread - didn't realise it was the same thread :$

Disaronno
11-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Why would you click on a .tk anyway.

!x!dude!x!2
11-05-2013, 08:08 PM
thanks man :), i dont understand y people do this

A
11-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the heads up, great your letting people know because people do not seam aware of this sort of stuff!

why
12-05-2013, 01:20 AM
is it session stealing?

No, it exploits a bug in Oracle's Java software. It is called Java Drive By (called JDB by hackers usually). This bug installs the hacker's RAT server on the visitor's machine.

This Wikipedia article should give more details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive-by_download

Logandyer45
12-05-2013, 01:38 AM
I don't click on anything with .tk - As that is a scam.

Zak
12-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Using RATs and Keylogging people has been around since the dawn of Habbo, it's nothing new.. just don't go to external sites!! No brainer!!

lemons
09-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Guys there is people using the site Hab Trax to hack people

DO NOT GO ON IT

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!