View Full Version : So many updates, where do I start?

Luke367
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Its been a while since our last blog post, but there is a good reason. We’ve been hard at work tackling a slew of User Voice requests and adding new features to enhance your Habbo experience. Here’s a list to summarize the changes we’ve done this year and some hints of things to come.

Duckets
Your new (Free) virtual currency that can be earned simply by logging in and being active in Habbo. Now everyone can customize rooms and own pets, even if you have no credits. Duckets will also be used within campaigns to reward active players ensure that certain items remain rare.

Searchable & Expandable Inventory
You now have a search field in your inventory as well as filtering options (about time…)

Removed: Stream
Our data shows this feature was used by a very small fraction of the community. We felt it was best to remove for now to make the hotel load faster while we rethink the concept. We apologize for the inconvenience if you liked this feature, but we think you’ll be happier in the longrun (hint: tired of notifications all over the place cluttering your right column? … hmm where should they go?)

New :Kick + :Kickall commands and Wired Kick Effect
These features give better means to self-moderate your rooms and also create lots of opportunities for new/improved wired game building.

New :MuteBots command
In a room with too many bots and want to clear the noise? :mutebots!

Love Lock Furni
A new type of social furni that works in similar fashion to our trophies. You and a friend can lock your avatar image and the date to be displayed on double-click. Although this came out specifically for Valentines we see potential to expand this functionality into new themes that are more friend or group oriented.

Relationship Status
A new way to categorize friends and display the relationship on your Habbo profile. Just one small step to bring Habbo friendships closer together.

Earn Credits & Prizes by Watching Videos
You can now earn prizes and credit furni by watching sponsored videos without leaving the hotel.

New Year’s Resolution Trophies & New Achievement Levels
These Achievement furni allow you to select an achievement to complete by a specified date which unlocks a new furni state proudly displaying your accomplishment. Along with this update we increased the level of many achievements and even added a few new ones for our Baby Pets.

We hope you are enjoying these new features as well as the daily events run by hotel managers and frequent furni updates.

http://blog.habbo.com/2013/03/05/so-many-updates-where-do-i-start/

I'm glad they are getting rid off the Stream & they have added the bots & Searchable & Expandable Inventory but from that other stuff as been pointless aswell.

GoldenMerc
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
duckets + relationship status
i'd much rather stream
searchable inventory is good
bots mute should have been standard.

Red
05-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Woo, they have been making some really good improvements! The stream was useless and I didn't even notice it was gone? The relationship status is ok but I miss tags :'( I hope the homepage/return of articles is tackled next :)

Michael
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Great stream is being removed, I requested that on the uservoice :)

iBlueBox
05-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I was speaking, before saying they should get rid of the stream :L

Chrisbud1
05-03-2013, 08:51 PM
what was the stream anyway? someone help lol

MKR&*42
05-03-2013, 08:57 PM
what was the stream anyway? someone help lol

The friendstream was a feature at the bottom right of the friend bar (Lightning bolt) - it would show a list of friend's activity and posts from Habbo staff occasionally. E.g. If someone gained an achievement, it'd be there or if a staff member posted about a news article, it'd be there. It was so under-used that they removed it.

Chrisbud1
05-03-2013, 09:11 PM
its still there though

MKR&*42
05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
its still there though

Oh, huh that's weird...

Maybe it'll be removed later the liars.

Mr-Trainor
05-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah the stream is still there for me too.

Aaron
05-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Never used the stream, because I just didn't like it at all. At least they're keeping us informed, some way or another. With a bit of luck the news articles return too, saves us going to blog.habbo.com

chemidann95
05-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Glad they removed the stream. It's quite pointless anyways and I don't use it often. Other than that, some are okay such as :kick commands and :mutebot commands which I pretty like it.

Luke367
05-03-2013, 11:48 PM
its still there though

It went on their today so i guess tomorrow on next maintance it will be removed.

chemidann95
06-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Maybe this is our last day to see stream on there before they were remove..

ediootti
06-03-2013, 07:05 AM
I'm really disappointed that they just upright axed Stream.

Even though it was pretty useless as it was, with the right refocusing and a proper Illumina treatment, it could've been a great social tool.

Ekelektra
06-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I actually used the stream :l

chemidann95
06-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Stream is really pointless and I don't really used much.

Yawn
06-03-2013, 11:02 AM
The stream was a great stalker tool but ultimately useless and no one cares! All of this is pretty good apart from the relationship thing that is so awful. Duckets i have grown to realise is actually kinda good, well since the new items have been added to the cat.

Scotland
06-03-2013, 11:35 AM
i used it to see where staff had been recently so i could follow them >;) but i used it when i was bored oh well.

Samantha
06-03-2013, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was there or not as I know some people did use it :P. Glad to see so many updates though, I also hope articles are on the agenda next :) x.

Scotland
06-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was there or not as I know some people did use it :P. Glad to see so many updates though, I also hope articles are on the agenda next :) x.
they would need to hire new writers. they sacked the old ones when they stopped articles.

karter
06-03-2013, 12:06 PM
they would need to hire new writers. they sacked the old ones when they stopped articles.

lmao why cant they hire staff to write articles if they have hired them to put fb/twitter/blog updates

Scotland
06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
lmao why cant they hire staff to write articles if they have hired them to put fb/twitter/blog updates
not sure. the blog twitter and fb is spare time stuff i think

chemidann95
06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Stream is removed. And I also think the relationship is a bit pointless?

Pigperson
06-03-2013, 08:55 PM
I didn't even realise the stream has gone for me LOL.

Will

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!