PDA

View Full Version : Best/Easiest exam board?

lemons
12-03-2013, 08:57 PM
In my school every subject is AQA apart from maths (edexcel) and geography (OCR)

I personally think OCR are the best exam board their questions are so clear and understandable and grade boundaries are usually quite reasonable.

Teabags
12-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Probably OCR.

I never used to like edexcel. Overcomplicated things.

MKR&*42
12-03-2013, 09:00 PM
I can't recall omfg, but one of them is much easier for languages because the other 2 (or other 1??) gives the options "Yes / No / Not in text" and the not in text bit is apparently confusing and obviously lessens your chance of getting it right anyway [via a guess].

I will go find what exam board I went with for languages, 'cause they didn't do the 'not in text' thing hence why our school stuff chose it.
--
O apparently it's edexcel........ I vaguely recalled OCR being the better one tho hm idk.

lemons
12-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I can't recall omfg, but one of them is much easier for languages because the other 2 (or other 1??) gives the options "Yes / No / Not in text" UGH I HATE THAT (ITS IN AQA TO) I have my french reading in may and I don't know sometimes whether to put no or not mentioned - ugh it really p me off :(

MKR&*42
12-03-2013, 09:08 PM
UGH I HATE THAT (ITS IN AQA TO) I have my french reading in may and I don't know sometimes whether to put no or not mentioned - ugh it really p me off :(

Oh that's a shame :( Well I did French in yr 9 with OCR and got a grade 5 or w.e and I don't remember having "Not in text" so I think it's just AQA LOL.

lemons
12-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Oh that's a shame :( Well I did French in yr 9 with OCR and got a grade 5 or w.e and I don't remember having "Not in text" so I think it's just AQA LOL. tbh they ask really stupid questions in aqa french. Like one question came across the other day was a magazine where people write in with their problems and some woman gives them advice. So the problem was for this girl that her boyfriend was black and people give her dirty looks lol, and the advice given was "hide" or "dump him" wtf lol

Cerys
12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I've only really had *That I can remember* AQA, OCR and edexcel.

AQA seemed pretty simple from what I can remember

Matthew
12-03-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure if this is true but shouldn't all exam boards set exams to the same standard..?

a lot of my gcses were actually igcses so they were by the cambridge exam board

add maths and my a level maths is OCR which seems pretty nice. Had edexcel for gcse though

Red
12-03-2013, 09:58 PM
We used mostly CCEA

Kardan
12-03-2013, 10:17 PM
How can you guys actually compare exam boards? Unless you guys have retaken your GCSEs/A-Levels with another exam board. We used AQA for everything except for RE which was WJEC(?). I got an A* in RE, but that doesn't mean it's any easier than my AQA exams, because they're different exams...

I found AQA nice and straightforward really, and offered loads of choice in my Maths modules (just a shame I didn't get to pick the ones I preferred :P)

Zelda
12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
How can you guys actually compare exam boards? Unless you guys have retaken your GCSEs/A-Levels with another exam board. We used AQA for everything except for RE which was WJEC(?). I got an A* in RE, but that doesn't mean it's any easier than my AQA exams, because they're different exams...

I found AQA nice and straightforward really, and offered loads of choice in my Maths modules (just a shame I didn't get to pick the ones I preferred :P)

Can compare maths ones for a levels though cause of text books giving exam exercises where questions taken from diffferent exam boards and stated.

------------------

I dno what one I would say is best really, I like ocr though and that's all I take for my a levels anyway! Mei is definitely the hardest though no doubt about that lmao.

Mr-Trainor
13-03-2013, 07:42 PM
All my A Levels are Edexcel, but GCSEs were a mixture of CCEA/AQA/OCR/Edexcel - I agree with Kardan; though, I don't see how you can compare exam boards when it's different subjects/exams :P.

Shar
19-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't think there's an easy one..is there? I don't recall an easy one or better one but most of my A Level exams were with edexcel which seemed straight forward. I can't remember that fat back but I think my exams with AQA and OCR were ok too..

Mark
19-03-2013, 11:56 PM
There's only one in Scotland - SQA. I don't understand why there's more than one in England? :S

CrazyLemurs
20-03-2013, 07:27 AM
WJEC is the Welsh examining board: we have them for latin because the grades are easier. Latin teacher constantly reminds us "you get two awards which are worth the same as a GCSE" so I think it's not technically the same?

I'm currently on my iPhone if you are seeing this message! I cannot participate in spam wars xx

Zak
20-03-2013, 07:54 AM
I think OCR courses are some of the cheaper courses to run too (at college anyway...)

Rixion
07-04-2013, 10:17 PM
I think some Exam Boards can be easier than others, we looked up past papers for A level Chemistry, and found the Edexcel ones to contain LOTS of multiple choice questions unlike AQA(which I'm on).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!