PDA

View Full Version : Powertoo doing nothing about badge stealing

sex
15-03-2013, 04:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6454jaa.png

This basically sum it up...she knows full well that shedim stole @jake;'s design but after me asking her over and over again to do something she replied with this to the badge thief!!

he didn't even give jake credit which means his name will be on the badge in the form of "designed by shedim"

do this think this is even right??????????????? is there any way to get justic for jake!!!

Thread closed by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Due to the continued targeting of users.

Red
15-03-2013, 04:47 PM
;// Ben you said you told her yesterday that it was Jake's design?

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Bit harsh, poor Jake :(

Michael
15-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Poor dude, I don't think they will put who designed it on the badge - well I hope not!

zombies
15-03-2013, 05:21 PM
i told her yesterday and i asked her today if she was investigating me or what??

Catchy
15-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I wasn't actually bothered at first but now it's sort of annoyed me. Just the fact I wasn't even told anything about it... Until graham told me yday. At least have the audacity to ask me or tell me straight you've ripped somet of mine... Probably more annoyed at powertoo for not even taking it seriously.

It's PLAGIARISM

zombies
15-03-2013, 05:24 PM
for some people who don't actually care, seem to care a lot especially when it's nothing to do with them.

you should just be grateful i told you.

sex
15-03-2013, 05:26 PM
for some people who don't actually care, seem to care a lot especially when it's nothing to do with them.

you should just be grateful i told you.

you have no right to have an attuide when you clearly in the wrong...

he didn't give you permission for you to use that badge in the comp! he made it for you for funky friday....

what powertoo said completely goes against you saying you told her hence the "what some people come up with" implying i was lying about you stealing it lol

zombies
15-03-2013, 05:27 PM
you have no right to have an attuide when you clearly in the wrong...

he didn't give you permission for you to use that badge in the comp! he made it for you for funky friday....

what powertoo said completely goes against you saying you told her hence the "what some people come up with" implying i was lying about you stealing it lol

wounded

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Kieran
15-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Don't think he should be staff at the site anymore ;) Anyone else with me on this?

Catchy
15-03-2013, 05:31 PM
wounded

why are you getting cheeky lmfao... like graham said YOU'RE THE ONE IN THE WRONG.

Cerys
15-03-2013, 05:35 PM
So basically Shedim stole his design and used it in a comp which he then won?
And NOW Shedim is giving him attitude?

Right. That's pretty pathetic of you Shedim..

Red
15-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Theres nothing to investigate. Jake made the badge for funky friday ages ago but powertoo said she had her own and didn't need it. That doesn't give you the right to think you own it and can enter his work in to a competition for a reward, without asking his permission. It would be fine if you made things right by telling powertoo (Which you said you did) but her response to Graham clearly shows you didn't.

zombies
15-03-2013, 05:42 PM
oh sorry jake trade me i'll give you 70 duckets??

sex
15-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Don't think he should be staff at the site anymore ;) Anyone else with me on this?

don't think people who brush such serious things off should have a place here!

lol he must have something wrong with him.. i don't get why he has such an attiude!! guess someones true colours been shown :O

Catchy
15-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Lol stop embarrassing yourself, honestly.

Kyle
15-03-2013, 05:48 PM
how mean

edible
15-03-2013, 05:48 PM
-REPPED the culprit.

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 05:51 PM
HEY pls stop abusing my walking advertisement
god id be angry tho :(

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:03 PM
ok i just wanted to say why the hell are you getting so worked up about a badge on habbo ... its a badge and its habbo ? what is the actual point in getting angry cause ben stole your badge ? its a freaking badge !!!!!?!?!?!?!!

Catchy
15-03-2013, 06:06 PM
ok i just wanted to say why the hell are you getting so worked up about a badge on habbo ... its a badge and its habbo ? what is the actual point in getting angry cause ben stole your badge ? its a freaking badge !!!!!?!?!?!?!!

It's a thing called plagiarism darling. Pretty sure it's illegal too.

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:07 PM
.... illegal for stealing a habbo badge oh my god !?!?!?!!!??!! sorry ben but looks like your gonna get jailed :/

karter
15-03-2013, 06:08 PM
wow that's really harsh but i'm with powertoo though, she has a lot of work on hands and this isnt worth the time.

that was a very bad thing u did though >:(

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:09 PM
not worth the time because its pathetic lol

sex
15-03-2013, 06:10 PM

you would be on here if it was his badge was copied saying "justin has to be fought" or whatever, your only doing this because he probably asked you to post since you seem to be the only person who agrees with what he did :S

GoldenMerc

.... illegal for stealing a habbo badge oh my god !?!?!?!!!??!! sorry ben but looks like your gonna get jailed :/

Its probably not the badge hes that fussed about, but the time and effort he put into it. I'd be pretty pissed too.

sex

if its not worth the time why did you specifically login to defend ben lol

Abdicators
I wasn't actually bothered at first but now it's sort of annoyed me. Just the fact I wasn't even told anything about it... Until graham told me yday. At least have the audacity to ask me or tell me straight you've ripped somet of mine... Probably more annoyed at powertoo for not even taking it seriously.

It's PLAGIARISM

In her defence, she had more important things to spend her time doing. It's sad that he stole your design but that's all it is.

sex
15-03-2013, 06:12 PM

theres no point in anyone arguing with you.. its nothing to do with habbo its the fact he passed someone else's HARDWORK off as his own for a REWARD...

edit; surely since jake never gave permission for it to be used and its not that habbo like they would have to remove it if he asked???? lol

zombies
15-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Its probably not the badge hes that fussed about, but the time and effort he put into it. I'd be pretty pissed too.
26 minutes down the drain to be precise.

karter
15-03-2013, 06:13 PM

1. it is considered the least smart comment if you say "IT'S JUST _______ ?!?!?" He is angry over it for some reason and just because you think it's a petty issue doesn't mean it is not important for others.

2. standing up for your friends is good but your point isn't really valid because in the end, the design was stolen, it may be of minimal importance to you but for a person who dedicated time and work for it, it's important.

sex
15-03-2013, 06:15 PM
winning that comp was probably shedim's biggest achievement in his life to date and he couldn't even win it legit lol

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 06:16 PM
26 minutes down the drain to be precise.
least it beat how long jake lasts in bed

winning that comp was probably shedim's biggest achievement in his life to date and he couldn't even win it legit lol

lol graham, your throwing out more insults than you did in that handbag fight couple of weeks ago.

zombies
15-03-2013, 06:17 PM

i have to agree with this. i'm over the moon and it's something i can consider throwing onto my CV.

Yawn
15-03-2013, 06:17 PM
how did shedim get the badge

Chippiewill
15-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Send Sulake a cease and desist for intellectual property theft.

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:21 PM
nope i didnt log in just 2 defend ben :-) i saw it then he told me what happened but i dont know why your getting so worked up over it, but tbh you weren't gonna use it was u :p no :)

xxMATTGxx
15-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Shame on you Shedim;, shame on you.

Kieran
15-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Ban hammer him! ;)

MKR&*42
15-03-2013, 06:24 PM
snip cause u posted loads

Omg you beat me.

It's a badge get a grip everyone who is fussing over it. The winners got a badge (Which in all fairness doesn't look that great) and their name on a news article - as if anyone cares massively who actually designed it. Yes she should investigate it, BUT IT IS A BADGE. I know having someone steal something isn't nice and it was a very low thing to do Shedim, but the amount of fuss being caused over a virtual badge is silly.

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:25 PM
see its a badge why are you getting so worked up ? you're saying ben has done something terrible but tbh murdering someone is terrible not stealing a badge on habbo

karter
15-03-2013, 06:26 PM

and your friend stealing the badge is not pathetic???

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:27 PM
its a badge come on

God
15-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Ben This really is bad... he put hard work into that badge and u go on steal his lime light? VERY DISPLEASED IN U!
U SHOULD BE FIRED!

Chippiewill
15-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Ban hammer him! ;)

HELL BAN, we all know that never ends in tears!

Empired
15-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Omg you beat me.

It's a badge get a grip everyone who is fussing over it. The winners got a badge (Which in all fairness doesn't look that great) and their name on a news article - as if anyone cares massively who actually designed it. Yes she should investigate it, BUT IT IS A BADGE.
Got to agree with you Warren.

Yes, it's a shame that Shedim was stupid enough to enter your work but, let's be honest, powertoo does have an awful lot of other issues on her hands slightly more important than two Habbos squabbling over a badge.

At least Shedim did tell her anyway. From what I can see, it was totally up to her to deal with the issue and she chose not to. Shedim can't force her to do anything, really.

I agree it was wrong, but I think banning him from Habbox or whatever some of you are suggesting is a little OTT. Try and shout me down all you want, but I think this is a little too much, especially over something as trivial as a Habbo badge.

Yawn
15-03-2013, 06:30 PM
name and shame him, drag him 2 the pits of hell but sadly nothing else can be done now so not much point arguing about it cos nothing will be done

Kyle
15-03-2013, 06:30 PM
fire him now

sex
15-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Omg you beat me.

It's a badge get a grip everyone who is fussing over it. The winners got a badge (Which in all fairness doesn't look that great) and their name on a news article - as if anyone cares massively who actually designed it. Yes she should investigate it, BUT IT IS A BADGE. I know having someone steal something isn't nice and it was a very low thing to do Shedim, but the amount of fuss being caused over a virtual badge is silly.

the fact he didn't even try give credit to jake... and the badge will have "designed by shedim" when he stole it..... it doesnt matter if its online or not.. thats the most ******* stupidest reason i have ever heard lol. its not just a badge, its a gfx that someone put time and work into and having someone passing it off as their own... its the same as designing a logo for a website then having someone else sell it on you and collect the money..

GoldenMerc
hey guys this is my advertisement stop ;///
shedim be nice plzzzz

zombies
do it, do it..

Servation
whats the point in firing someone for stealing a badge this is a joke lmao

Kyle
15-03-2013, 06:32 PM
youre a joke

sex
Got to agree with you Warren.

Yes, it's a shame that Shedim was stupid enough to enter your work but, let's be honest, powertoo does have an awful lot of other issues on her hands slightly more important than two Habbos squabbling over a badge.

At least Shedim did tell her anyway. From what I can see, it was totally up to her to deal with the issue and she chose not to. Shedim can't force her to do anything, really.

I agree it was wrong, but I think banning him from Habbox or whatever some of you are suggesting is a little OTT. Try and shout me down all you want, but I think this is a little too much, especially over something as trivial as a Habbo badge.

shedim didn't tell her, thats what we are saying . he lied about it and the screenshot shows it... "what some people will come up with" implying that me telling her he stole the badge was a lie lol

Servation

Empired
15-03-2013, 06:35 PM
shedim didn't tell her, thats what we are saying . he lied about it and the screenshot shows it... "what some people will come up with" implying that me telling her he stole the badge was a lie lol
I thought she said she was too busy to deal with it?
How does this imply he lied? Excuse me if I'm being extremely stupid here and missed something.

Surely as it IS jake's badge he can just ask for it to be withdrawn/have the credit changed to be given to him?

MKR&*42
15-03-2013, 06:35 PM
the fact he didn't even try give credit to jake... and the badge will have "designed by shedim" when he stole it..... it doesnt matter if its online or not.. thats the most ******* stupidest reason i have ever heard lol. its not just a badge, its a gfx that someone put time and work into and having someone passing it off as their own... its the same as designing a logo for a website then having someone else sell it on you and collect the money..

designed by shedim < as if anyone cares about that when they read it lol. I read all the Kickwars Galactica badges designed by people and i couldnt care less.

its the same as designing a logo for a website then having someone else sell it on you and collect the money.. > not it's not,considering Shedim didn't get any money from it. If money had been involved then I would have understood why people were getting so worked up over it.

It wasn't a nice thing to do, but some of you lot are going so OTT.

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:37 PM
i can understand why you are angry but seriously its a habbo badge ......

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 06:38 PM
i can understand why you are angry but seriously its a habbo badge ......

Do you not read? Its the time and effort he has put into it. He doesn't give a crap about the badge, more that his works been taken and been told its been made by someone else, How hard is that to understand?

sex
15-03-2013, 06:39 PM
designed by shedim < as if anyone cares about that when they read it lol. I read all the Kickwars Galactica badges designed by people and i couldnt care less.

its the same as designing a logo for a website then having someone else sell it on you and collect the money.. > not it's not,considering Shedim didn't get any money from it. If money had been involved then I would have understood why people were getting so worked up over it.

It wasn't a nice thing to do, but some of you lot are going so OTT.

how is complaining about it going over the top, he recieved a reward for it, although not the same he still received something for it lol.
Empired; cus when i asked powertoo did he mentioned anything about it she said no, but she didn't have time right now to look into it

lemons
15-03-2013, 06:41 PM
this thread is so emotional it is making me cry irl

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 06:44 PM
this thread is so emotional it is making me cry irl

im sure you'd be angry if someone copied your temple run and used it before you had the chance and claimed it was completely theirs....

Catchy
15-03-2013, 06:49 PM
I think I'm more annoyed at the fact that I had to find out from graham... like I said, didn't even have the audacity to tell me... only told me till after he knew i knew!

zombies
15-03-2013, 06:50 PM
LIES

i had msgd you on skype, on habbo - i tried to tell you but you didn't cooperate. you only got told by predictable gossip.

Catchy
15-03-2013, 06:53 PM
LIES

i had msgd you on skype, on habbo - i tried to tell you but you didn't cooperate. you only got told by predictable gossip.

urm yeah... AFTER you'd entered it...

oh and obviously not gossip LMAO graham is 1 of my closest friends on here so yeah

sex
15-03-2013, 06:54 PM
LIES

predictable gossip?????/ you where in the room and where like FINE GRAHAM I'LL TELL YOU
after you had told like 15 other people....

stop making up lies and go back to sending about depressing console messages lol

edible
*REMOVED*

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not post private content or be rude to other forum members.

Empired
how is complaining about it going over the top, he recieved a reward for it, although not the same he still received something for it lol.
@Empired (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=80588); cus when i asked powertoo did he mentioned anything about it she said no, but she didn't have time right now to look into it
Oh well fair enough. I was only going on the screenied evidence.

Plebings
15-03-2013, 06:55 PM
the people saying it's just a badge, you know it's a matter of principle right?

zombies
*REMOVED*

stunning

sex
*REMOVED*

did he random add you on skype too?

Plebings
15-03-2013, 06:56 PM
can we not have the name calling though?

Servation
15-03-2013, 06:57 PM
not being funny but how is calling someone ugly gonna help it atleast im not 20+ and fussing over a habbo badge

Catchy
i bet he ripped his avatar 2 lol
Servation; why bring my age into this :S

Michael
After reading the whole thread I really only have one thing to ask, can I see this badge design worth stealing?

edible
15-03-2013, 06:58 PM
*REMOVED*

Probably ripped the background of his own picture.

Catchy
15-03-2013, 06:59 PM
After reading the whole thread I really only have one thing to ask, can I see this badge design worth stealing?

it wasn't lol. it was *REMOVED*, looked like a habbox award but that's not the point it's the principle like plebings said
@edible (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=27747);

http://cl.ly/image/390H2r1M2s2L/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-20%20at%2023.10.21.pnghttp://cl.ly/image/2h3a2D422n3K/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-20%20at%2022.57.05.png

not sure which 1 he used but yh not gr8.

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Assistant General Manager): Please do not avoid the filter.

Yawn
15-03-2013, 06:59 PM
can we all just calm down :(

lemons
15-03-2013, 07:01 PM
im sure you'd be angry if someone copied your temple run and used it before you had the chance and claimed it was completely theirs....

hey i didn't know i owned a temple run coooool

MKR&*42
15-03-2013, 07:02 PM

I agree with u subo (for once) :(

edible
15-03-2013, 07:03 PM
it wasn't lol. it was shet, looked like a habbox award but that's not the point it's the principle like plebings said
@edible (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=27747);

http://cl.ly/image/390H2r1M2s2L/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-20%20at%2023.10.21.pnghttp://cl.ly/image/2h3a2D422n3K/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-20%20at%2022.57.05.png

not sure which 1 he used but yh not gr8.

cute

Catchy
15-03-2013, 07:03 PM

I agree with u subo (for once) :(

dont lie every1 loves a bit of habbox drama

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 07:06 PM
handbag fight incl graham, as usual :P
never the less hi immenseman
never the less, the wee trophy badge is fairly nice, dont like the ff one tho

Mr-Trainor
15-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Haven't read pages 2-9 since it's just too much :P.

It doesn't matter what it is you're stealing, it's still wrong and whether it's on Habbo or not is irrelevant imo.

lemons
15-03-2013, 07:17 PM
this thread is tense

http://i49.tinypic.com/rc6nav.gif

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly!

Red
15-03-2013, 07:33 PM
To the people saying its only a badge, why can't you understand that its the principle behind it. I'd be annoyed if anyone stole my work and submitted it as their own to win a comp, be it a room design, a badge, a video or anything I had put time and effort into.

Clumping
15-03-2013, 07:44 PM
just want to say that these people saying 'omg its just a badge stop fussing so much' yeah it's been said, it's principle and whatnot, and if it happened to some of your work I bet you wouldn't be so lax about it.
i'm oot

Usuki
15-03-2013, 07:57 PM
i cannot believe that such a highly respected habbo such as shedim would betray a habbo in this way it is disgraceful

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 07:58 PM
i cannot believe that such a highly respected habbo such as shedim would betray a habbo in this way it is disgraceful

shedim is more than a habbo god, hes a Habbox god and idol in my eyes.

Yawn
15-03-2013, 08:02 PM

i still cant believe it tbh

how could we get shedim SO wrong :S

what happened to this kind hearted soul :S

where did it all go wrong?

wixard
15-03-2013, 08:03 PM
you have been a naughty bobba shedim

so many people cross with you

sex
15-03-2013, 08:05 PM

YOU WERE CAT-FISHED HABBO STYLE

Usuki
15-03-2013, 08:06 PM

It all started back in the day when he was chatting up those lads through the phone..

Paige.
15-03-2013, 08:07 PM
hahaha this is the best thread i've read in ages

Yawn
15-03-2013, 08:09 PM
YOU WERE CAT-FISHED HABBO STYLE
i dont know what this means!!!

It all started back in the day when he was chatting up those lads through the phone..chokes
falls to floor

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 08:10 PM
*REMOVED*
anyway, im guessing habbo staff won't change their opinion and admit they accepted work that wasn't shedims. hey ho

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude to/about other forum members.

Yawn
15-03-2013, 08:14 PM
*REMOVED*
anyway, im guessing habbo staff won't change their opinion and admit they accepted work that wasn't shedims. hey horight u listen here im getting sick and tired of ur snarky comments every now and then

p.s. i said this many pages back. dont complain about ppl stealing work and then steal my spot-on comment ur not fooling me u walking contradiction u r really trying it and u r starting to make urself look incredibly foolish

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 08:16 PM
right u listen here im getting sick and tired of ur snarky comments every now and then

p.s. i said this many pages back. dont complain about ppl stealing work and then steal my spot-on comment ur not fooling me u walking contradiction u r really trying it and u r starting to make urself look incredibly foolish

not snarky, I wish it upon you.
Never the less not contradicting myself, He robbed work... Really I think he should be punished in some sort of way also.
At the start of the thread I wasn't saying what shedim done was wrong, was just saying dont bully him.

Yawn
15-03-2013, 08:18 PM
u robbed my comment and made it look ur own! u think cos u have over 20k posts u can walk all over me "goldenmerc"??? well think again sir

Usuki
15-03-2013, 08:19 PM
wishing a bus to run someone over is disgusting, unforgivable and down right VILE.

GoldenMerc
15-03-2013, 08:19 PM
u robbed my comment and made it look ur own! u think cos u have over 20k posts u can walk all over me "goldenmerc"??? well think again sir

i have like 24k actually, well near as hell.
subo

Yawn
15-03-2013, 08:21 PM
wishing a bus to run someone over is disgusting, unforgivable and down right VILE.

does he thnink any1 takes him seriously when in the same page that he says he does not condone bullying he says that to me.....i think he is losing his mind :S

Lewis
15-03-2013, 08:24 PM

ya zitrone didnt own temple run lol.

but omg I can't believe shedim stole his badge.
As some others have said, I don't think he cares bout the badge being there with someone elses name, but the fact he took the time nd effort to make it and enter the competition and it just gets taken from him.

Samantha
15-03-2013, 09:17 PM
I might as well answer as Shedim; asked my view on this last night.

Firstly, put yourself in Catchy;'s shoes, he spent some time, it doesn't matter how little or long into creating a badge for Habbo. Someone then doesn't tell him that he entered it into a competition until after he did - what's to say Jake wasn't going to enter with that anyway? The design wins and the name is on the badge description 'designed by Shedim' now that must hurt for Jake or get him annoyed at least, knowing nothing is currently getting done about it, the badge won and will have that description and no one on Habbo or hardly anyone will know that it was Jake's design. It's not a good plan whichever way you look at it - the badge won, if it didn't it would lessen the blow a little but Jake put time and effort into the design and it was a gift to Ben.

On the other hand, Jake might not have entered the competition anyway and Ben did with his design, maybe the fact that he won shows that Jake's design was actually good and he wouldn't have known is Ben didn't enter with it? I don't condone ripping graphics as I design them myself but credit is due to Jake - it would be different if he gave permission to Ben and would probably be less frowned upon but it was Jake's work and his design. Powertoo has a lot to do but really, she should be thinking about the community - the community is everyone who plays, Jake, Ben, Graham. Graham went on about the badge design to her as ripping shouldn't be a problem with the community, nothing is being done but why? Is it because Ben asked for Funky Friday to return or submitted a question for it? Is it because she doesn't care? She has a lot on but really changing a badge description is easy to do.

Now, people say who cares it's just a badge, if I did a graphic and someone took it without my permission, I'd know I'd be annoyed because I'd know how much time and effort I put into it. Even if I did a content page or a news report and they were copied, it would still be annoying as it's your work and sometimes you can't help but feel proud of what you've done, then someone takes it and that proud feeling changes into something else.

TL;DR: I don't condone Ben's actions but if he hadn't have entered Jake might not have known how good his design was. If you think people are pathetic for getting upset over a badge, put yourself in their shoes and think about a time where you could have had someone copy you, would you like it?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!