PDA

View Full Version : Mods muted?

AlexJRiley
19-03-2013, 06:37 PM
So me and a certain other habbo were chilling out in an adoption (bit of trolling) and we noticed a mod was in the room (MOD-Stum). He was handing out balloons to users and handed me one which I thanked him for and he signed a smile.

I asked if he was aloud to talk and he signed a smile again which made me think he may just not want to. So I asked him to sign a 1 if he could talk, to which he waved. I then said Sign a 1 if you can talk sign a 2 if you can't to which he signed a 2. Which now begs the question why don't Habbo want their staff to talk and interact with its users? And better yet why was a Mod wasting its time in an adoption?

MKR&*42
19-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I think it's been mentioned in a few threads before that mods either can't or just aren't allowed to be speak anymore. I'm not sure if it's a definitive rule they have to follow, but I haven't seen a moderator talk in a very long time. Only blow kisses and smile.

GoldenMerc
19-03-2013, 06:42 PM
they arent muted, choose not to speak / not allowed to speak. they have the function tho

Luke367
19-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I agree, Its dum as.

Yawn
19-03-2013, 07:19 PM
mod came into that bj design room yesterday didnt say anything, stuck around for about 5 mins then left without locking/deleting it. v bad it is sexually explicit and he not do a thing.

Pigperson
19-03-2013, 07:55 PM
I doubt they are muted because mods speak a lot when trying to moderate in rooms. I just think they don't interact for petty things.

Will

Chippiewill
19-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I suspect to avoid issues / confusions/ incidental self rule breaks they don't speak unless they need to.

Spiffy
19-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Apparently they're a liability to the company if they do speak and say something incriminating. Idk, I think it's really stupid. They have zero personality and add nothing to the mod-user interaction. Mods back in the day used to speak to me and strike up random convos (example, musicians we liked), why can't it go back to that? They're human beings, not robots. They can hold down a job and still be sociable.

October
19-03-2013, 08:09 PM
they arent muted, choose not to speak / not allowed to speak. they have the function tho
Just because they have the function to doesn't mean they can.

Like for Habbos that are muted, the speech bar appears, and we can type all we want but when we press 'enter' it won't display. I reckon it'd be like that for them. I mean, even if they aren't meant to speak, it'd take a lot of resistance for them to not type in a smilie face every now and then, or just say a simple hello or whatever. I doubt they're restraining themselves.

karter
20-03-2013, 05:09 AM
last week i was playing snowstorm with 3 mods and mod-drischi spoke something by mistake so yep, they are not muted

Daltron
20-03-2013, 05:34 AM
They can talk but probably have been advised not too/ have their chat extremely closely monitored so they don't take the risk, because there are always that small minority of Habbos who exploit anything and everything anyone says if they are from a higher authority.

musicfreak48
20-03-2013, 07:29 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/35l6x07.png

AlexJRiley
20-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I can remember the time when mods would talk about anything and everything with people like the old mod who coded for the majority of the hotels would sit in his room on .com with a load of furni from other hotels and talk to people about anything (obviously within reason) I guess habbo's just being a bit petty.

GoldenMerc
20-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I can remember the time when mods would talk about anything and everything with people like the old mod who coded for the majority of the hotels would sit in his room on .com with a load of furni from other hotels and talk to people about anything (obviously within reason) I guess habbo's just being a bit petty.

a mod who coded the majority of the hotel... what drugs have you been taking?

Daltron
20-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Are you thinking about hp81$ cause he wasn't a mod but did everything you just quoted :P

karter
20-03-2013, 09:57 AM

hp81$ was not a mod. He was from the technical team.

AlexJRiley
20-03-2013, 10:05 AM
a mod who coded the majority of the hotel... what drugs have you been taking?

Are you thinking about hp81$ cause he wasn't a mod but did everything you just quoted :P

hp81$ was not a mod. He was from the technical team.
GoldenMerc; Catnip, love the stuff. Daltron; and karter; Yeah thats the one, he still had the MOD- prefix didnt he? Im pretty sure he did or I might have taken too much catnip... But yeah he was still staff and spoke very freely, maybe its just an issues with the Mods because they've gotta be more professional as they pretty much control and sanction the behavior in the hotel

GoldenMerc
20-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I can garantee he didn't make the majority of Habbo...
He may be a coder, but making most of Habbo, don't be silly unless hes been about since 2001 :rolleyes:
Now stop making up rumors...

Nick
20-03-2013, 11:01 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/35l6x07.png

They are allowed to whisper i thought but not talk normally?

GommeInc
20-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Habbo haven't caught on to the fact that as a social based gaming platform staff -/- customer relations are paramount :/ If they are not allowed to talk to customers (the MODs) then Habbo isn't going to improve much. It's still got its "Them and Us" mentality which shouldn't exist in companies like Habbo.

e5
20-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Already had a thread on this before... MODs can't talk. Sulake want them to focus their time on dealing with requests, not getting into convosations with users... They can get quite friendly and become bias and it's not really fair. They are just allowed to deal with requests via the help tool.

Aaron
20-03-2013, 05:03 PM
They are allowed to whisper i thought but not talk normally?

Yeah I had MOD's whisper to me during the summer in 2011 when the room kicks were happening with that glitch.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=704377

cameron354
20-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Could it maybe be something to do with them being outsourced to Concentrix? Maybe Sulake don't trust them that much, or something to do with child protection. Also, they actually do speak on smaller hotels, I was bored the other week and I went onto habbo.fi and if you ask a question on the call for help (report) feature, they type back personal replies.

kois
20-03-2013, 07:49 PM
you were probably just annoying him

iSherlock
21-03-2013, 12:37 AM
On habbo.es we have a female MOD who anwers you using <3 or bobba sign to say Yes or No, if you question her with something like "Is x person MOD or a fake?" "Do you like popcorn?" ahah ;)

Her name is MOD-Varem

chemidann95
21-03-2013, 03:09 AM
They aren't allowed to communicate with us.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!