PDA

View Full Version : Small name choosing future feature

iSherlock
21-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Like you all may already know, newly registered users can change their names but that feature doesn't last forever, it has a time limit counting since the very moment you register.

So this code was found:

rename.skip=I'll choose my name later

The meaning is, once you register, you will be able to choose this option in order to change your name later whenever you want (or at least that's what I think...).
Let's see what the future brings to us ;)

Daltron
21-03-2013, 07:39 AM
What do you mean that code was found? Where?
I think they just mean to pick a name later ie within a strict time period after signing up maybe a week

GoldenMerc
21-03-2013, 10:15 AM
This is another feature that will attract the black market in years to come, having an account from 4-5 years back, being able to change the name :/

MKR&*42
21-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Was found in the external flash texts but I didn't know what it was related to, I tried registering a new user to see if I could pick another name later and it doesn't work yet :P

Daltron
21-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Lmao if they allow name changes for everyone it's like they are actually enticing the black markets to sell names

karter
21-03-2013, 11:42 AM
really doubt they will let people change their names dw :P

jorsian
21-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Frankly I'm surprised they haven't let us change our names yet. We were able to do it when we merged so clearly they have the technology available to allow us to do so.

Plebings
21-03-2013, 01:40 PM
don't see the appeal in purchasing cool names, though clearly you can tell as i'm called plebings.

iSherlock
21-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Indeed, the code is not active yet and I don't think that the feature will be available for old users... just newly registered ones.

Pigperson
21-03-2013, 07:55 PM
I don't really see why new users need so much time to think of a name, why don't new users just do the normal and think of the name carefully before making it.

Will

veeim
21-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Frankly I'm surprised they haven't let us change our names yet. We were able to do it when we merged so clearly they have the technology available to allow us to do so.
Agreed. I still have accounts from pre-merge that have the "Change your name" option when I log in to them.

Kyle
21-03-2013, 11:30 PM
the "I'll choose later" feature is (or was, at least) already in action on foreign (*, ^, &, $, #) names.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!