PDA

View Full Version : - permissions

Luke367
21-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Heya, Does anyone know how i can set up permissions on a minecraft server? If so can you post below and if you help ill give you +REP.

Thank you
Luke

Calum0812
21-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Hey,
Permissions can be a really compex thing on Minecraft. Attach your permissions.yml file for me to take a look at and also tell me which Plugin you're using.

Luke367
21-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey,
Permissions can be a really compex thing on Minecraft. Attach your permissions.yml file for me to take a look at and also tell me which Plugin you're using.

Heya, The permissions.yml file is empty & we hare using this: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/hungerarena/

Mr.L.Darragh
22-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Permissions can be quite difficult to setup. I've always used a plugin called PermissionsEx (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permissionsex/) for permissions on my servers.

There are multiple guides available that help with using permissions, but the easiest thing to do is to find the 'nodes' for every plugin you're using and add them to the ranks.

An example of one of these files is in the spoiler below, as you can see it's formatted very specifically, using YAML, but it's really easy to add nodes tbh. It can be done through the console too if needed.

The yellow text that says 'Default' is the name of a rank, obviously the default rank for this example..
Below that, you can see 'default: true', that tells it that when someone joins the server, they should have that rank, there should only be one of these in each file, all the other ranks should be 'default: false'
The orange text is the nodes, you can usually find these on plugin website's or do a Google for 'PLUGINNAME nodes'
Prefix is obviously the prefix that goes before people's names.
The green text that says 'rank: 1000' is just to help with /promote and /demote, you can find out more about that in the wiki for pex (https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki).
Ranks can also inherit other ranks permissions, there's an explanation of that in the wiki too.

It's a bit more complicated than this, but that's a basic setup, if you need more help and you can't find it on any sites, ask me and I'll help :)

groups:
Default:
default: true
permissions:
- essentials.spawn
- essentials.rules
- essentials.motd
- essentials.list
- essentials.helpop
- essentials.help
- modifyworld.*
prefix: '&e'
options:
build: false
Builder:
permissions:
- essentials.afk
- essentials.back
- essentials.back.ondeath
- essentials.balance
- essentials.balance.others
- essentials.balancetop
- essentials.chat.color
- essentials.chat.shout
- essentials.chat.question
- essentials.compass
- essentials.depth
- essentials.home
- essentials.ignore
- essentials.kit
- essentials.kit.tools
- essentials.mail
- essentials.mail.send
- essentials.me
- essentials.msg
- essentials.nick
- essentials.pay
- essentials.ping
- essentials.powertool
- essentials.protect
- essentials.sethome
- essentials.signs.use.*
- essentials.signs.create.disposal
- essentials.signs.create.mail

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!