PDA

View Full Version : 'RuneScape 3' announced by Jagex Games

Reloaded
24-03-2013, 08:00 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a468037/runescape-3-announced-by-jagex-games-watch-video.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73o_UQq0OI

RuneScape 3 has been announced by Jagex Games.

The browser-based multiplayer online game was built upon the foundations of RuneScape 2 using a new HTML5 engine and WebGL to improve the experience.

"RuneScape 3 is a big upgrade to the game, building on 12 years of amazing content," said executive producer Mod Pips. "It's a significant improvement on all fronts."

Players will be able to access the game with their existing accounts and use their current avatars. Those with older PCs can continue running the game in Java if they wish.

"The main difference is the way you experience the game itself," said design director Mod Mark. "The HTML engine really allows us to push the game world to the next level.

"The textures, the environments you are in feel so much more alive. It really breathes life into everything you see and changes the way that you look at the game world. You feel so much more part of everything that is going on."

RuneScape 3 will be released this summer.

Kyle
24-03-2013, 08:28 PM
good lord not another release

isn't EoC runescape3?

Kardan
24-03-2013, 09:27 PM
good lord not another release

isn't EoC runescape3?

Nope. RS3 just looks like an upgrade in graphics to be honest, nothing game changing at the moment. Just a change from Java to HTML5.

marine
25-03-2013, 12:01 PM
It should be good and I like the fact that if you want you can carry on using java.

TonyBest
25-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah the ability to keep using Java instead of HTML 5 is brilliant especially if your computer cannot run the game in HTML5 properly, or for those browsers (like Firefox) that currently cannot support HTML5.

Zak
25-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Surely rewriting the game in c++ would be the way forward? I'm skeptical, but lets wait and see :)

I've yet to see a really bad upgrade from Jagex.

Scotland
25-03-2013, 09:43 PM
If only sulake did the same thing (from shockwave! :P)

Maybe RS will work on my comp when this is released ^.^

Kardan
25-03-2013, 10:04 PM
If only sulake did the same thing (from shockwave! :P)

Maybe RS will work on my comp when this is released ^.^

If it doesn't work now, it won't work after the update.

Rachel
26-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Woot can't wait :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!