PDA

View Full Version : Student Loans & Grants question!

iBlueBox
28-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi, after applying to Student Finances for a Maintenance Loan and Grant I'm about to send of evidence of my parents being separated. I've already booked my accommodation and payed the deposit myself.

Though,
When does the Grant and Loan typically go into your bank account around what time? Because my accommodation asks that the first payment of £1,785.00 is payed by the 6th of september.

Kyle
28-03-2013, 05:31 PM
From what I know and have read, your grant is paid into your bank 3-4 working days after your place on the course has been confirmed. I've no idea when exactly that is but can only assume it'll be shortly after people get their results in mid august.

lawrawrrr
28-03-2013, 05:36 PM
You'll get your student finance first installment 3-4 days after you register at the University, in Freshers' week. It's strange that the uni want the first accommodation installment so early, it's usually much later than that :s

iBlueBox
28-03-2013, 05:41 PM
From what I know and have read, your grant is paid into your bank 3-4 working days after your place on the course has been confirmed. I've no idea when exactly that is but can only assume it'll be shortly after people get their results in mid august.

Oh! So you normally get it after you've your place has been confirmed on results day.

Kyle
28-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Oh! So you normally get it after you've your place has been confirmed on results day.
No, later than that. Laura say's it's on freshers week and looking at my paperwork now it says it's 3-4 days after your attendance has been confirmed, so a few days after your course start date.

iBlueBox
28-03-2013, 05:57 PM
No, later than that. Laura say's it's on freshers week and looking at my paperwork now it says it's 3-4 days after your attendance has been confirmed, so a few days after your course start date.

Ah right, Going to email my accommodation and try and sort it out with them, Thanks :]

lawrawrrr
28-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Ah right, Going to email my accommodation and try and sort it out with them, Thanks :]

s it university-owned accommodation? Usually studentfinance work in conjunction with them so you won't have be paying for accommodation with no money, it's very strange for any accommodation, private or uni-owned to have a pay date before loan date.

Special
28-03-2013, 06:14 PM
it should say on your payment timetable from the student finance company

before you receive any money though you need to enroll at university which will be in the first few days of you starting

my student finance payment table said mine goes in on the 17th september (which is the day my rent is due) but be aware that they're always late, mine & 90% of the people i know was late too but don't worry too much, uni's & the company you're renting off are aware that student finance are notorious for being late on the first payment so allow a few weeks before chasing you up for it

iBlueBox
28-03-2013, 06:42 PM
s it university-owned accommodation? Usually studentfinance work in conjunction with them so you won't have be paying for accommodation with no money, it's very strange for any accommodation, private or uni-owned to have a pay date before loan date.

It's by a company called iQ that do accommodation for Universities around the UK kind of like student halls but by a company as they work alongside the Uni.

it should say on your payment timetable from the student finance company

before you receive any money though you need to enroll at university which will be in the first few days of you starting

my student finance payment table said mine goes in on the 17th september (which is the day my rent is due) but be aware that they're always late, mine & 90% of the people i know was late too but don't worry too much, uni's & the company you're renting off are aware that student finance are notorious for being late on the first payment so allow a few weeks before chasing you up for it

Ah, I haven't even got a payment timetable yet from Student Finance, I don't think they've processed my application yet as I did it about a month ago and got a letter the other day asking for evidence of my Parents being separated, so after sorting that out currently waiting for the evidence to be delivered to show that I live with my mum and the sending that to Student Finance.

Just a bit worried as its in the tenancy agreement that the first payment is paid 8 days before it starts (on the 14th)

Special
28-03-2013, 07:35 PM
It's by a company called iQ that do accommodation for Universities around the UK kind of like student halls but by a company as they work alongside the Uni.

Ah, I haven't even got a payment timetable yet from Student Finance, I don't think they've processed my application yet as I did it about a month ago and got a letter the other day asking for evidence of my Parents being separated, so after sorting that out currently waiting for the evidence to be delivered to show that I live with my mum and the sending that to Student Finance.

Just a bit worried as its in the tenancy agreement that the first payment is paid 8 days before it starts (on the 14th)

when you get the payment timetable everything becomes a lot clearer & it's easy to understand

just let your tenancy company know that you may be late paying the first installment due to student finance, they shouldn't have an issue with it

they'll be grateful that you've let them know rather than you just not paying for a week

iBlueBox
28-03-2013, 08:40 PM
when you get the payment timetable everything becomes a lot clearer & it's easy to understand

just let your tenancy company know that you may be late paying the first installment due to student finance, they shouldn't have an issue with it

they'll be grateful that you've let them know rather than you just not paying for a week

Thanks! Contacted them and got a reply and they gave me two options.. can start paying it now in parts or,

I can pay half the rent on the 6th of september and pay the other half when your loans come through.

Only problem is it's going to be pretty hard finding £892

Red
29-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Think mine came in around 20th Sept. My last year my payment was through late and I got an emergency loan from student guidance centre to pay for rent which had to be given back when the loan came through.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!