Mr-Trainor
02-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah it's annoying :'(.

Aiden
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
SUCKS A LOT... It happens everytime I'm posting something as well ahaa. :(

Chippiewill
02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Every few months Recursion has to remind people how **** it would be without him. It'll pass.

Nistez
02-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Yeah idk Habbox has been kinda slow lately... Barely any listeners listening to the radio, and not a lot of people on the forum ditto. Maybe if they advertised it more the activity would be higher

Chippiewill
02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Nistez for GM

Nistez
02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Nistez for GM

Hahaha, I wish man

xxMATTGxx
02-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah the server has been running like a dog the passed couple of days. Just sent a text to Tom - He said he will be on soon. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it as it's very annoying for everyone.

Recursion
02-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I'll try and check it out, as it stands I'm 400 miles from home so could be kinda difficult.

Demi
05-04-2013, 09:16 PM
I'll try and check it out, as it stands I'm 400 miles from home so could be kinda difficult.

Ouch, be quick ;)

David
06-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Lee
06-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I just had a bit of downtime too :(

Aaron
06-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Same here, had a bit of down time. :(

gibo46
06-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Keeps going down :3

Shockwave.2CC
06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Keeps going down for me too

Samantha
06-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, it's gone down twice for me tonight already, well what I've noticed anyway. Luckily, both times it went down just after I'd finished my news reports :P.

GoldenMerc
19-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Again last night it was down, not sure how Jin expects people to pay good money when he can't pay good money for a server...

Aiden
19-04-2013, 11:31 AM
It is quite annoying when it goes down, it oftenly happens when I'm writing a long post :(

David
19-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Again last night it was down, not sure how Jin expects people to pay good money when he can't pay good money for a server...

yeah, db error happened at like half 12 and none of the sites worked - no one was on to sort it, so id expect it was there until the morning when mett came on

xxMATTGxx
19-04-2013, 11:39 AM
yeah, db error happened at like half 12 and none of the sites worked - no one was on to sort it, so id expect it was there until the morning when mett came on

Correct Mr David

Foregetfuhl
Was fixed around about 6.30-7am this morning and went down until about 12am. I was on until about 6am talking to a HFFM radio manager who were also down :P

GoldenMerc
lets hire jina guys, she could fix these problems for less than $1 per hour...

Chippiewill
19-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Apparently nobody told Recursion about it but I've got him on the case. It's probably systematic as it started at the exact same time.

Recursion
21-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Now I actually know, I'll be looking into it tomorrow and sorting out system monitoring to find out the cause

David
24-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Now I actually know, I'll be looking into it tomorrow and sorting out system monitoring to find out the cause

happened again, found the cause yet?

Adam
24-04-2013, 11:25 AM
happened again, found the cause yet?
Cause: **** server.

Martin
24-04-2013, 11:38 AM
another night with no habbox :'(

sucks because I was up until 4 and had so much to do last night LOL

Absently
24-04-2013, 12:03 PM
i hate how much habbox goes down, in the helpdesk i've to advertise the sites quite a bit and it's embarrassing trying to direct these people to a down site :/

Calum0812
29-04-2013, 12:17 PM
GoldenMerc My multimillion pound hosting doesn't seem like such a bad idea now huh?

GoldenMerc
29-04-2013, 12:20 PM
GoldenMerc My multimillion pound hosting doesn't seem like such a bad idea now huh?

I hope to god, you are joking xxMATTGxx;

Calum0812
29-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I hope to god, you are joking xxMATTGxx;

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

xxMATTGxx
29-04-2013, 02:35 PM

You do not own a multimillion pound company. You can't kid us.

Calum0812
29-04-2013, 02:37 PM

:o GoldenMerc; is lying then (runs to visitor messages)

Adam
29-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Can you share this story? It sounds humorous.

GoldenMerc
29-04-2013, 02:39 PM

calum tells everyone he owns a big hosting company

Adam
29-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Biggest anti-climax ever.

xxMATTGxx
29-04-2013, 05:09 PM

Basically he offers his services out to people. He even asked if he could host HabboxLive once and goes on about it being a very successful business etc etc. Ross has all the details for it.

Calum0812
29-04-2013, 05:12 PM

Do I?!
I don't recall saying its big mate! I think that was your one o.O

Edit: Yes yes, that's what she said....

David
29-04-2013, 05:33 PM
isnt calum like 5 though

GoldenMerc
29-04-2013, 08:51 PM
isnt calum like 5 though

12 and makes big peas

Sent from Phone

David
12-05-2013, 04:18 PM
The connection to www.habboxforum.com was interrupted.

:Thumbs-Down::Thumbs-Down::Thumbs-Down::Thumbs-Down:

GoldenMerc
21-05-2013, 10:53 AM
more downtime last night, seems like no one is bothered n0w

David
21-05-2013, 11:04 AM
more downtime last night, seems like no one is bothered n0w

abandon ship

xxMATTGxx
21-05-2013, 11:05 AM
http://www.mattgarner.net/uploads/IMG_0485.PNG

Message that is cut off at the bottom is:

"I'll go through remote console in a bit, just getting 20 iPhones ready to take to the apple store for work LOL"

Aiden
21-05-2013, 11:06 AM
yea again this morning... annoying :'(

Zelda
21-05-2013, 11:09 AM
O i musta missed this mornings one thats lucky lmfao, always a bit annoying :(

GoldenMerc
21-05-2013, 11:16 AM
surely you could restart the server garna

xxMATTGxx
21-05-2013, 11:21 AM
surely you could restart the server garna

I can't but that wouldn't solve the issue I don't believe. Restarting the service in WHM is a temp fix but some reason the databases keep doing this every so often. Which I'm hoping and will push him that Tom can fix it.

GoldenMerc
21-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I can't but that wouldn't solve the issue I don't believe. Restarting the service in WHM is a temp fix but some reason the databases keep doing this every so often. Which I'm hoping and will push him that Tom can fix it.

but do you not agree, if tom doesn't have any interest in habbox (which has been clearly shown recently by his lack of effort) there could be a replacement to do his job, I mean for the past 5 years Habbox hasn't really had a techie, why does it need one so much now? The downtime (the major one where Habbox was never up) doesnt happen anymore.

xxMATTGxx
21-05-2013, 11:28 AM
but do you not agree, if tom doesn't have any interest in habbox (which has been clearly shown recently by his lack of effort) there could be a replacement to do his job, I mean for the past 5 years Habbox hasn't really had a techie, why does it need one so much now? The downtime (the major one where Habbox was never up) doesnt happen anymore.

Well we would still have to wait to get it fixed for when Jin can come online.

Jack!
21-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Just buy a potato, much more reliable.

Chippiewill
21-05-2013, 07:36 PM
I don't know what the problem is, but to annoy Tom everyone needs to agree unanimously that Percona is unstable and needs to be removed.

GoldenMerc
21-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't know what the problem is, but to annoy Tom everyone needs to agree unanimously that Percona is unstable and needs to be removed.

Explain

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Recursion
21-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Percona is a MySQL drop in replacement that provides far greater performance than MySQL, it is not unstable.

To be perfectly honest, Habbox is nowhere near te top of my priority list nowadays. I have a job, a partner and various other thins going on in my life that are more important.

I was going to login earlier and take a look but I got sidetracked by something at work, which I am paid to do rather than this, which is voluntary.

I've complained enough about this server setup and Jin knows my stance towards cPanel and all it's horrendous quirks. I need to run some monitoring tools against the database to see what's going on when it dies overnight, I don't even know when or if Jin has changed anything that may even be the cause of this.

I'll look when I get the chance, but as it stands my laptop is at home and I'm between two towns until July, when I will be able to put more time towards server maint.

I was planning on also doing a vBulletin upgrade to 4.2.3 this week but I never received a reply from Jin with the client details for Hx, go figure.

Sent from my phone.

xxMATTGxx
25-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Sorry about that guys, It seems it had to happen 10 minutes after I went to bed and I fell asleep pretty much straight away. I've messaged Tom/Jin about it as I know Tom has been looking into it the past few days and also doing some monitoring.

Samantha
25-05-2013, 08:22 AM
I don't care what fancy title someone has, they should have the same away/limited rule as everyone else and that should be enforced, Tom voices his opinions every time something like this comes up, yet nothing seems to be done and we get the same response. Is there only Tom that can do it, I mean by knowledge not by admin access?

xxMATTGxx
25-05-2013, 08:27 AM
I don't care what fancy title someone has, they should have the same away/limited rule as everyone else and that should be enforced, Tom voices his opinions every time something like this comes up, yet nothing seems to be done and we get the same response. Is there only Tom that can do it, I mean by knowledge not by admin access?

Jin doesn't trust anyone else and nor do I to be honest.

Samantha
25-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Jin doesn't trust anyone else and nor do I to be honest.

Yet you trust someone who has no interest in Habbox and voices the fact it's a voluntary job that he'll get to when he can/cba?

Each to their own of course and I have nothing against Tom, but there must be some level of trust to say they have admin anyway? I don't think there's another Zuth there.

xxMATTGxx
25-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Yet you trust someone who has no interest in Habbox and voices the fact it's a voluntary job that he'll get to when he can/cba?

Each to their own of course and I have nothing against Tom, but there must be some level of trust to say they have admin anyway? I don't think there's another Zuth there.

Who are you talking about who has admin already? This isn't about ticking a box in Admin Control Panel and say "Fix the database errors". It's a whole new level of access.

Tom
25-05-2013, 08:32 AM

This is just stupid. He has a life and he's allowed to voice his opinion that it's voluntary. Perhaps you should PM Jin and ask him why he isn't online 24/7 to do the server work along with Tom?

Recursion
25-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I do it when I can be bothered, the fact is my day job is computers and I don't feel like sitting at them when I get home, I'd rather hang out being lazy by that time.

It's very difficult to earn Jin's trust, and the fact is me and Matt are the only ones around here who he'll trust with most of the passwords etc etc. I don't take interest in Habbox it self anymore, but I do take interest in trying to keep the community.

Reality
25-05-2013, 08:45 AM
To be honest guys be grateful you've got a forum you've got some people that care and fit it around their personal lives.
I bet the techs have a lot more to do on the forum than most probably fix this right now!
Eg v7 (hopefully)
They could close Habbox then what would you do? Panic because you don't have social life's? That's unfortunate deal with it!
( not that Habbox will close soonish)

Samantha
25-05-2013, 10:03 AM
This is just stupid. He has a life and he's allowed to voice his opinion that it's voluntary. Perhaps you should PM Jin and ask him why he isn't online 24/7 to do the server work along with Tom?

It's not stupid in the slightest, I never said he wasn't allowed to voice his opinions or not have a life, but it's been a problem for a while now and if say it was a normal department and something was expected to be done then it would be done or we'd face being dismissed, yet if someone like Tom - could be others too, not really sure then they're not. Is that because they need the site coders a lot more to fix or finish v7 or something, I don't have admin access and nor do many, but you have to look at it from other points of view too and consider, like I said, if he was a normal, inactive member of staff he would be fired surely? There's a difference between admin and normal staff of course, but at the end of the day there are job roles however voluntary they are.

I know it's about a lot of trust, but if someone doesn't enjoy Habbox or anything aren't they more likely to have a spur of the moment thing and do whatever they want to Habbox? I am no way suggesting Tom would do that of course as you said the trust is there, but there's always that possibility. Again it's down to trust, but he voiced his opinions and I voiced mine, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks it.

---------- Post added 25-05-2013 at 11:05 AM ----------

To be honest guys be grateful you've got a forum you've got some people that care and fit it around their personal lives.
I bet the techs have a lot more to do on the forum than most probably fix this right now!
Eg v7 (hopefully)
They could close Habbox then what would you do? Panic because you don't have social life's? That's unfortunate deal with it!

Actually, I do have this thing called a life too, something that might be lacking here, but I was proving a point - if I did no work in a department, then I'd be dismissed, if Tom didn't then he wouldn't/couldn't, he's cleared it up that he can do it when he can be bothered so that's fine, at the end of the day that's all you can and should ask for from everyone as Tom said it's voluntary, both Toms that is.

Reality
25-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Wasn't targeting the comment at just you so calm down! Plus I clearly stated that in my first post thanks for the repeat.
It's not stupid in the slightest, I never said he wasn't allowed to voice his opinions or not have a life, but it's been a problem for a while now and if say it was a normal department and something was expected to be done then it would be done or we'd face being dismissed, yet if someone like Tom - could be others too, not really sure then they're not. Is that because they need the site coders a lot more to fix or finish v7 or something, I don't have admin access and nor do many, but you have to look at it from other points of view too and consider, like I said, if he was a normal, inactive member of staff he would be fired surely? There's a difference between admin and normal staff of course, but at the end of the day there are job roles however voluntary they are.

I know it's about a lot of trust, but if someone doesn't enjoy Habbox or anything aren't they more likely to have a spur of the moment thing and do whatever they want to Habbox? I am no way suggesting Tom would do that of course as you said the trust is there, but there's always that possibility. Again it's down to trust, but he voiced his opinions and I voiced mine, and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks it.

---------- Post added 25-05-2013 at 11:05 AM ----------

Actually, I do have this thing called a life too, something that might be lacking here, but I was proving a point - if I did no work in a department, then I'd be dismissed, if Tom didn't then he wouldn't/couldn't, he's cleared it up that he can do it when he can be bothered so that's fine, at the end of the day that's all you can and should ask for from everyone as Tom said it's voluntary, both Toms that is.

David
25-05-2013, 10:10 AM

debatable, personally think habbox is on borrowed time

Reality
25-05-2013, 10:14 AM
debatable, personally think habbox is on borrowed time

My thoughts exactly

Mr-Trainor
25-05-2013, 11:39 AM
if I did no work in a department, then I'd be dismissed, if Tom didn't then he wouldn't/couldn't, he's cleared it up that he can do it when he can be bothered so that's fine, at the end of the day that's all you can and should ask for from everyone as Tom said it's voluntary, both Toms that is.
Couldn't agree more with this.

Chippiewill
25-05-2013, 11:44 AM
The difference is that normal staff are easily replaced. Admins are not.

Mr-Trainor
25-05-2013, 11:47 AM
The difference is that normal staff are easily replaced. Admins are not.
But too often they get away with breaking the rules :P.

Chippiewill
25-05-2013, 11:54 AM
But too often they get away with breaking the rules :P.

Your statement is ambiguous. To whom are you referring.

sex
25-05-2013, 11:54 AM
im sorry but what recusion does for habbox im sure he could be PAID for in real life, he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart lol. realistically, no one is going to pay you to value habbo rares in real life. there is a big difference between your & his habbox job lol

Samantha
25-05-2013, 12:07 PM
im sorry but what recusion does for habbox im sure he could be PAID for in real life, he is doing it out of the goodness of his heart lol. realistically, no one is going to pay you to value habbo rares in real life. there is a big difference between your & his habbox job lol

That can be applied to many jobs, not Rare Values, but news, content, graphics, things like that can all be paid jobs, but I think all volunteers do it because they want to help and I don't think that's wrong or anything, I was just asking questions and hoping for answers, which he answered himself mainly.

Kardan
25-05-2013, 12:27 PM
That can be applied to many jobs, not Rare Values, but news, content, graphics, things like that can all be paid jobs, but I think all volunteers do it because they want to help and I don't think that's wrong or anything, I was just asking questions and hoping for answers, which he answered himself mainly.

I would definitely put the effort of the management and technical (servers etc. not site coders :P) staff above those of the ordinary staff. I highly doubt people working in rare values are preferring to work for Habbox for free rather than getting some actual job in economics if they had the chance to do so :P

xxMATTGxx
25-05-2013, 01:41 PM
If you think Tom can be replaced with ease then you are wrong. Tom doesn't need to be fired or anything like that. Yes he puts other stuff before Habbox and so do a lot of people, including me. He has actually been testing this morning to stop the database from doing what it did last night and a few days ago.

Recursion
25-05-2013, 03:25 PM
I have full root access to the server (so files, database and configs), access to change the DNS settings and backups. I'm in the perfect position to go around stealing all of your passwords if I really want to, but I don't really care about your Habbo furni, so tell Jin who you want to trust with whatever as far as I'm concerned.

The fact is a lot of people get paid a lot of money to do what I do (wait... hah I do, it's my day job) so I don't really see why people are moaning I put Habbox behind a lot of other things.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!