PDA

View Full Version : what are you 'unusually' fascinated by?

wixard
04-04-2013, 12:56 PM
for example conspiracy theories, serial killers (@Catchy (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=59974); @Kyle (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=30795); )
WHY WONT JAKES TAG WORK, oh got it.

i get really caught up in missing people reports, more so children. when i heard about the james bulger story, i think i watched every youtube video available and read as many articles as possible.

also concentration camps, i read a lot of books about experiences inside the camp, and now currently researching about kapos (a prisoner in the camp given higher power, to supervise the others)

Absently
04-04-2013, 01:02 PM
For me, it's definitely murder case and same with you about the missing people, I can look up things about that for hours. I remember when I went to America with my school and in Walmart there was a gigantic board of young missing people and no one seemed to bat and eyelid, I just thought it was crazy.

HarrySX
04-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Old prisons, especially in America, the death sentence etc

Look at my history

http://gyazo.com/245fc3060c3a2b7f297518c900f76f9a.png?1365080455

http://gyazo.com/3a9e31ab24b044625264764e27724dd7.png?1365080474

lawrawrrr
04-04-2013, 01:15 PM
All sorts of weird and gruesome things, missing people, death sentence etcetc, brutal murders

conspiracy theories I LOVE though (don't believe them, just like seeing what people can concoct)

Jazz
04-04-2013, 01:23 PM
life in prisions, tv programmes like that. one on pick tv about mass murderers murdering inmates and stuff. dont know why is interesting, but i find it fasinating

Inseriousity.
04-04-2013, 01:23 PM
religion. i enjoy finding out about how people organise themselves and their daily lives and religion can go to some crazy places, not necessarily dictated by logic.
politics. maybe not as unusual on here but in general you mention to someone you're interested in politics, they'll go 'nah cba with that boring stuff' it is genuinely confusing to me how there are people running the country, making assumptions about how we live, and we don't care.

sex
04-04-2013, 01:29 PM
would have to be people who went missing and never found again
just can't grasp that, obv if they are dead they cant tell anyone where they are but if they aren't..

i think its just weird how you could be talking to someone on the phone who says they are on there way home and then never see them again lol

Pigperson
04-04-2013, 01:30 PM
I dno why but I'm fascinated by illegal immigration, how it happens and for what reason.

Will

buttons
04-04-2013, 01:43 PM
im also into serial killers but i focus on their lives out with the murders like what kind of person they were, how they lived their 'normal lives'. im especially fascinated by sociopaths as they plan the murder and can hide their alter ego for years, seeming as though they are perfectly normal people. freaks the heebie-jeebies out of me :( tell ya one thing which creeps me out about murder cases, seeing the murdered people in pictures of where they are alive and smiling surrounded by family n friends etc

ive looked at pretty much every 9/11 video (which overplays that requiem for a dream soundtrack which consequently freaks me out now!!) not for the conspiracy theories but to watch the actual event, the reactions whilst it happened and read about some of the people who jumped from the towers. ive listened to some of the calls of people trapped to like their friends or call centres.

also ive read about some of the hijackers to see their personalities and motives because many of them weren't violent, people-hating etc they were quiet and concerned with being morally right. fascinates me how one religion/culture can be so different in their morals and beliefs than a western culture. it's the same case with hitler and bin laden, don't think they were particularly hateful people but BELIVED they were right in what they were doing. im in to asian culture as a whole though which people don't really understand so im branded as being weird :/

wixard
04-04-2013, 01:48 PM
im also into serial killers but i focus on their lives out with the murders like what kind of person they were, how they lived their 'normal lives'. im especially fascinated by sociopaths as they plan the murder and can hide their alter ego for years, seeming as though they are perfectly normal people. freaks the heebie-jeebies out of me :( tell ya one thing which creeps me out about murder cases, seeing the murdered people in pictures of where they are alive and smiling surrounded by family n friends etc

ive looked at pretty much every 9/11 video (which overplays that requiem for a dream soundtrack which consequently freaks me out now!!) not for the conspiracy theories but to watch the actual event, the reactions whilst it happened and read about some of the people who jumped from the towers. ive listened to some of the calls of people trapped to like their friends or call centres.

also ive read about some of the hijackers to see their personalities and motives because many of them weren't violent, people-hating etc they were quiet and concerned with being morally right. fascinates me how one religion/culture can be so different in their morals and beliefs than a western culture. it's the same case with hitler and bin laden, don't think they were particularly hateful people but BELIVED they were right in what they were doing. im in to asian culture as a whole though which people don't really understand so im branded as being weird :/

yes! i think you have the same viewpoint on hitler with me as you reblogged something i had on my blog about him. he thought what he was doing was right, if you take away the political side of his life he was a NORMAL HUMAN BEING with an incredible passion for art and a love of children, he wasn't a monster. people seem to forget that.

Alex3213
04-04-2013, 02:00 PM
trees buttons;

recently I've been into Rome and Cleopatra, Caesar, Augustus (even Odoacer from the German side). Started to really enjoy the myths as they serve some quite interesting stories, even if some of which are quite far-fetched :P

in regards to the Hitler point above, I am definitely in support with Tara and Jen. "There's more beneath the surface" would be something I would relate to Hitler.

wixard
04-04-2013, 02:16 PM
trees @buttons (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=42203);

recently I've been into Rome and Cleopatra, Caesar, Augustus (even Odoacer from the German side). Started to really enjoy the myths as they serve some quite interesting stories, even if some of which are quite far-fetched :P

in regards to the Hitler point above, I am definitely in support with Tara and Jen. "There's more beneath the surface" would be something I would relate to Hitler.

yes NERDS UNITE
i love greek mythology, but also greek tragedies.
read some sophocles!

errr to just add to my list, mass shootings. like columbine, and that batman screening in aurora

Yawn
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
9/11
the norway massacre in 2011 (i cant stop reading about it....:S)
justin bieber as well. he is always in my head it is rly annoying

i thought i was a freak for having this morbid fascination with this kinda stuff (well im not the only freak at least)

FlyingJesus
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Religion and mythology definitely, fascinates me to no end. Also not sure if it counts as a "fascination" since it's obv not something that I like as such, but I do a lot of research and writing on sex/gender inequalities and society's indifference to them

Kyle
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Is being fascinated by serial killers really all that unusual? :P I've been told that I'm odd for knowing so much about certain killers but from the looks of this thread I am not alone :D My main fascinations are dharmic religions, philosophy, and sociolingustics. Hitler is interesting to me too, it intrigues me how one ordinary man could possess enough charisma to convince so many to follow his own beliefs.

Catchy
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Is being fascinated by serial killers really all that unusual? :P I've been told that I'm odd for knowing so much about certain killers but from the looks of this thread I am not alone :D My main fascinations are dharmic religions, philosophy, and sociolingustics. Hitler is interesting to me too, it intrigues me how one ordinary man could possess enough charisma to convince so many to follow his own beliefs.

have u watched the ken and barbie killers kyle? its so jokes lol. i am also fascinated with serial killers i could watch the crime channel all day.

Sian
04-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Skeletons?

I don't know if it's actually that unusual, but it's one of few things I love researching.

Lewis
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Life after death, UFO Documentaries, anything to do with aliens, space, ufos. Ghost experiences etc. Plagues also interest me and the idea that 'zombies' could become fact one day lolz xxx

I dnno if any of these r unusual

MKR&*42
04-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Cannibalism ;s I've read so many cannibalism stories online and spent ages going through wiki pages related to it at one point my god.

This is also weird but people's necks, they're just...... weirdly attractive I KNOW IT'S WEIRD. :(

Oh and er sometimes I like looking at latin words, I never really try and learn what many mean but stuff like 'lorem ipsum dolor sit amet' just looks fascinating (even though that example makes very little sense) :P

FlyingJesus
04-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Oh I'm big on language roots too, I'm just really cool basically

Succubus
04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Cannibalism ;s I've read so many cannibalism stories online and spent ages going through wiki pages related to it at one point my god.

This is also weird but people's necks, they're just...... weirdly attractive I KNOW IT'S WEIRD. :(

Oh and er sometimes I like looking at latin words, I never really try and learn what many mean but stuff like 'lorem ipsum dolor sit amet' just looks fascinating (even though that example makes very little sense) :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_(R)

I'm pretty sure "Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae" is something like "This is where death rejoices to teach the living"

Cold cases are quite interesting, and obviously people like 'Jack the Ripper' and 'Hitler' are very interesting to look upon.

Sloths
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Greek Gods and Godesses, I don't even know why I just love reading about them and at one time I started making this heavily complicated family tree thing and gave up in the end..
Some parts in history fascinate me too like concentration camps mentioned before and the plague and the industrial revolution all things like that, bit weird cuz I hated and failed history in secondary but hey it interests me. Like I went to Alkatraz in the US and god that was interesting seeing it all in person and all that, seeing how people tried to escape etc.

Nikki
04-04-2013, 07:35 PM
Great white sharks
concentration camps
death row/ maximum security prisons/gangs
child birth
toddlers and tiaras?

buttons
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
love great white sharks, why is it everything I find fascinating also simultaneously freaks me out :(

one that doesn't freak me out but I just realised, I like etymology. the origin of words but specifically how they've changed over time to mean something new, mostly from being a neutral world to now being offensive.. such as the term '*******'. It was used in my sociology book and i was so shocked but back in 70's it merely referred to disabled people, now it's a common insult along with ****.. isn't offensive in other culture tho

hahahah ofc it's filtered. spas​tic

geo
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
i read a hella lot into the normality of victims. like looking at pictures of them with their families, bit like jennifer. it makes me feel weird and sad yet i still do it.

same as nikki, i watch / learn a lot about sharks. i love them but i'm also veryyyy scared of them. learning about them is soo interesting though.

Empired
04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I get caught up in interesting medical conditions I discover online. I was fascinated by Munchausen and Munchausen by Internet (I think is what it's called) for ages. No idea why, I just find I can lose myself in pages and pages of the internet when I really get going.

Edit: forgot to mention Greek myths. They are great. I would love to have been a Greek

-:Undertaker:-
04-04-2013, 08:46 PM
The process of European integration and the European Union, the concept of the nation state and Botany in general.

iBlueBox
04-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Aliens
Ghosts
North Korea
Hitler
Graveyards
Abounded places like cinemas , factories,

Shar
04-04-2013, 10:00 PM
medicine in a broad sense from the happenings of NHS in general and reforms to programmes about a&e, hospitals, the baby hospital and even medical dramas such as house and greys anatomy.

Aiden
04-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Trams ;) They are great tbh irl

e5
04-04-2013, 10:13 PM
I used to be really into what happened in the concentration camps. I found it fascinating.

Demi
04-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Stationary, I love stationary!

Ekelektra
04-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I used to be really interested in things like ghosts and UFOs and the Bermuda Triangle. We had a section at my school library on them and I was there all the time reading about them.

I was/am interested in 9/11 too.

And when it happened, but also recently too the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.

Cerys
07-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Plane crashes.

I am terrified of planes (probably caused by my attraction to the crashes) but every night I sit on the computer for a few hours just reading about plane crashes.

I don't know why, but I find them so interesting. And oh my. Air crash investigation on TV is my best friend xox

JACKTARD
07-04-2013, 10:41 PM
It'll sound really geeky but mathematics and applications of physics in modern life and technology haha

AgnesIO
07-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Nazi Germany interests me, and the Victorian era. Well actually, just what life was like throughout history.

Fascinated by just life in general I guess, like other countries around the world.

RyRy
07-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I find doomsday theories interesting just for the comedy of them. There's nothing else that I find interesting which could be considered unusual.

le harry
08-04-2013, 04:06 PM
mountains.

deadset i love them. done two trips to nepal and i'll be back again to do my third peak expedition to 6000m. as soon as you've seen your first 8000m mountain, your heart will literally stop. they're so breathtakingly immense and humbling. prior to visiting them i would seriously spend weeks researching how they were formed, first successful climbs... what gets even more interesting is the thousands of people who die and the huge expeditions that have failed and resulted in mass death (ie: may 1996, august 08). mountains such as annapurna i and k2 have 40% fatality rates yet people still take the challenge.

also the andes would be pretty cool to venture around.

AgnesIO
08-04-2013, 04:11 PM
mountains.

deadset i love them. done two trips to nepal and i'll be back again to do my third peak expedition to 6000m. as soon as you've seen your first 8000m mountain, your heart will literally stop. they're so breathtakingly immense and humbling. also the andes would be pretty cool to venture around.

May I ask how much you normally spend (cash) whilst in Nepal? I have the pleasure of visiting Nepal early next year, so any information of every cost (ie. food, accommodation fees) whilst at the mountains would be hugely appreciated. I'll be budget travelling.

You are definitely right though, having said that I just love most landscapes :L

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!