PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Uni [+rep]

Pigperson
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
1) When do I apply for Student Finance and how?
2) When do I have to select my 1st and 2nd choice Unis and how?
3) Is there anything else I need to do to prepare for Uni?

Will

Demi
04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi Will,

When are you planning to go to University? If this September, all of the above you will need to apply for IMMEDIATELY.
Anything else for Uni? Just a good state of mind and be yourself!

JACKTARD
04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Student finance is open now and it saves so much hassle sorting it out sooner rather than later. I thought the deadline to reply to offers was March 31st? I might be wrong though but I think it's quite soon - you do this on UCAS Track and it's easy to see how to do it on there :). There's a load of other stuff which can be done gradually; sort out accommodation if you're moving away, start making a list of things to take so you don't forget anything, make a shopping list of stuff you need to buy. Don't forget (if you're moving away from home) to go onto the Facebook page for halls and try and find your flatmates :) - although none of mine were on one so I was in the unknown until I'd moved in! Good luck!!! You'll have an AMAZING time :D.

Kyle
04-04-2013, 04:33 PM
All offers need to be replied to by the 8th of May so you should really be aiming to choose your firm and insurance as soon as possible.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance - apply now, it doesn't matter if you input a course you're not sure you'll be doing, you can always change it at a later date. The sooner you apply, the better chance you have of getting your money on time. May 31st is the deadline for finance.

You'll also need to be thinking of applying for accommodation at your chosen uni pretty soon so have a look into that. :)

Special
04-04-2013, 04:41 PM
1) anytime between now and the end of this month which is when the deadline is i think, you do it online, just google 'student finance' and follow the instructions

2) you send all your choices through ucas all at the same time

3) start looking into accommodation & uni check lists, saving up for freshers would be good too & just get basic knowledge on the uni & city you're hoping of going to

also when you have your confirmed place sorted out i'm sure your uni &/or accommodation company will set up a facebook page for everyone attending in the course you've chosen, i took advantage of this and me & the person who i spoke too still walk up to uni together now :) it's good to have someone who's in your situation, i can't imagine starting uni without her now!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!