PDA

View Full Version : New 'Fansite' with a twist idea

Hidden
05-04-2013, 11:59 PM
So here is my idea that would be good if pulled off properly;

Basically it is a Habbo fansite but it doesn't have a radio and not a 'full' forum. It concentrates on the larger events in Habbo that are hosted. Examples include Big Brother, Survivor, Raceway's - things that last more than 1 hour and day.

So the idea is to have a greatly designed page that has categories of the games which are being hosted by a bunch of Habbos working together (like 5... not 50) to great the best experience for Habbos as Habbo has failed to do this since the merge.

I would do this myself but I have no idea in the slightest how to own a site. So if you want to get in touch just post below your thoughts and discussions.

I can't really post much more info because I don't want to post every single detail.

Thanks Usul / Will xo

ps. it could be called www.HabboEvents.com or something cooler.
pps. don't steal this and claim it as original because it was here first :l

Demi
06-04-2013, 07:37 AM

Basically it is a Habbo fansite but it doesn't have a radio and not a 'full' forum. It concentrates on the larger events in Habbo that are hosted. Examples include Big Brother, Survivor, Raceway's - things that last more than 1 hour and day.

So the idea is to have a greatly designed page that has categories of the games which are being hosted by a bunch of Habbos working together (like 5... not 50) to great the best experience for Habbos as Habbo has failed to do this since the merge.

I would do this myself but I have no idea in the slightest how to own a site. So if you want to get in touch just post below your thoughts and discussions.

I can't really post much more info because I don't want to post every single detail.

Thanks Usul / Will xo

The only thing I would say, those FIVE people would not be able to host all those events the whole time as one might be ill, have other in real life stuff to do, other commitments etc... That is why fansites have a BIG team, to cover these issues.

Aiden
06-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Thanks Usul / Will xo

I guess it could work, you could try it out but I dunno if you will be able to offer what others can. Soe fansites have a lot of funding and staff where they can do this! You might not be able to unless you and your staff have knowledge and money.

Hidden
06-04-2013, 11:30 AM
5 was only an example, and these events aren't like fansite events. They aren't every single day of the week 24/7. They come every so often after planning and scheduling has been decided. They take several weeks so the funding won't have to be large as it will be the same furni for several weeks.

Demi
06-04-2013, 01:08 PM
5 was only an example, and these events aren't like fansite events. They aren't every single day of the week 24/7. They come every so often after planning and scheduling has been decided. They take several weeks so the funding won't have to be large as it will be the same furni for several weeks.

Ah fair enough, so just start an events company? :)

Reventix
08-04-2013, 12:51 PM
He is probably talking about hosting (webhosting) and the domain name.
@Skandair am I correct?

---------- Post added 08-04-2013 at 01:52 PM ----------

I would be able to design a page for where your events will go?

Hidden
08-04-2013, 01:13 PM
its just an idea atm not fully developed

alede
08-04-2013, 05:24 PM
Sounds good but some things I think you should look at

1. Money - Can you afford the cost of the site, example domain, hosting, up keep of the site. designed and coded site. Advertisement can you pay for advertisement space? Can you provide good enough prizes for people to keep wanting to take part in your events.

2. Time Have you got the time to plan everything with your team?

If you want some help/guidance PM me.

I am interested in this idea if you are looking for a co-owner I would be interested in it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!