PDA

View Full Version : [Runescape] JAG

Typoh
08-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Jagex Account Guardian.

I have just set this up on my account and think it is truly a brilliant thing :) My account feels 100% more safe and secure.

IceNineKills
08-04-2013, 01:49 PM
i haven't bothered with it.

good luck ttrying to get on your account if you to a friends house etc.

Zak
08-04-2013, 02:30 PM
I never bothered with it either

Rachel
08-04-2013, 03:25 PM

It will send an email to the owners account for him to click on the link to set it for permanent or temporarily . He can chose what options.

Typoh
08-04-2013, 03:27 PM

I never bothered with it either

Its pretty simple, you try and log on and it refers you and says jag ect... They send you an email you log onto your emails click the link awnser 3 questions (correctly obvs) then try and log back in and it works :p

I recommend it tbh, I think its a great invention. (Then you can also choose how long you wish to have access from that ip address, 1 day 1 hour infinity etc.. and also name the location work, home, mates house etc..)

btw who ever -rep'd at least leave ya name you pusssssy :)

Demi
08-04-2013, 10:56 PM
Haven't got it, my password is hardcore to break.

Typoh
10-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Hard as steel baby!

Rachel
10-04-2013, 04:59 PM

You would be surprised what some hackers can do or when you get keylogged it won't be a password like hdabfbd34y051vfbk will be safe. I am just saying.

azzaman1234
10-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I never added this to my account, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of signing in at a different house and having to verify it was me etc, it was bad enough with WoW having my account disabled every time I went to my friends and signed in on my account lol.

Typoh
10-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I never added this to my account, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of signing in at a different house and having to verify it was me etc, it was bad enough with WoW having my account disabled every time I went to my friends and signed in on my account lol.

Fair point, although how many friends houses are you realistically going to go and play Runescape at ? :/

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 08:41 PM ----------

Fair point, although how many friends houses are you realistically going to go and play Runescape at ? :/

azzaman1234
10-04-2013, 08:53 PM

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 08:41 PM ----------

Well, you'd be surprised actually, when I played wow I used to play it round quite a fair amount of peoples houses and stuff, and say if I stayed round someones house and wanted to play. It's just quite an inconvenience. Tbh, I'm not saying it's a bad idea... It's brilliant but I've never had any of my accounts breached since 2005 when I just had recovery questions and a strong solid password.

Typoh
10-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Well, you'd be surprised actually, when I played wow I used to play it round quite a fair amount of peoples houses and stuff, and say if I stayed round someones house and wanted to play. It's just quite an inconvenience. Tbh, I'm not saying it's a bad idea... It's brilliant but I've never had any of my accounts breached since 2005 when I just had recovery questions and a strong solid password.

I understand where your coming from, everyone's different and have different friends. :p +Rep for the discussion

DPS
10-04-2013, 09:50 PM
If you get keylogged.. it doesnt stop you getting hacked.

You just wait for them to sign into that email... LOL

azzaman1234
10-04-2013, 09:52 PM

That goes without saying, but if you know how to avoid keyloggers/remove them if you do unfortunately receive one then you should be completely fine :P

Typoh
11-04-2013, 07:29 AM

I personally have different passwords for everything, plus my emails always logged in.

that's why you also pick 10th awnsers and only pick 3 when you set up a new location. ;p

Demi
12-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Hard as steel baby!

Oh yeah ;)

IceNineKills
13-04-2013, 06:36 PM
to be fair, i don't have recovery questions or a bank pin so feel free to hack me.

Grimmauld
15-04-2013, 02:38 AM
to be fair, i don't have recovery questions or a bank pin so feel free to hack me.

jake, youre such a BA ;)

Oleh
15-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I formed my own protection overtime. By formatting & selling my blackberry, of which had the email account I tied to my Runescape account, I can now no longer use this as a method to get my password. Then I completely forgot my password so incidentally I don't know my recovery email nor password. So I am left with logging in via Facebook. Which has its own security and sends me a text when I log in from a new place. So this adds several layers of security, which is effective :)

kooldude23
15-04-2013, 10:52 PM
I honestly wouldnt care if someone took my runescape account. I've been playing since '04 and nobody has done it yet, I don't have recovery questions, bank pin and haven't linked my account to an e-mail address. Good luck guessing my password though. In reality the only way you will lose your account is if you tell someone your account information or you accept a file from an unknown source. Majority of the files you can download now are clean anyway. If you create a key logger and put it onto an open source site for download hidden within a file you will be scanning through more crap than you know what to do with...

IceNineKills
15-04-2013, 11:15 PM
I honestly wouldnt care if someone took my runescape account. I've been playing since '04 and nobody has done it yet, I don't have recovery questions, bank pin and haven't linked my account to an e-mail address. Good luck guessing my password though. In reality the only way you will lose your account is if you tell someone your account information or you accept a file from an unknown source. Majority of the files you can download now are clean anyway. If you create a key logger and put it onto an open source site for download hidden within a file you will be scanning through more crap than you know what to do with...

seeing as i know your password, can i rob your stuff?

Typoh
15-04-2013, 11:24 PM
I formed my own protection overtime. By formatting & selling my blackberry, of which had the email account I tied to my Runescape account, I can now no longer use this as a method to get my password. Then I completely forgot my password so incidentally I don't know my recovery email nor password. So I am left with logging in via Facebook. Which has its own security and sends me a text when I log in from a new place. So this adds several layers of security, which is effective :)

I suppose, but then again I don't associate my facebook with any habbo/runescape :p

Good points made :p +REP

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!