PDA

View Full Version : HabboConsoleFM [V1]

HabboConsoleFM
09-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Hello Everyone!

HabboConsoleFM (http://www.habboconsolefm.com) is now OPEN!

We recently opened our doors to our version 1, and our forum (http://www.habboconsolefm.com/forum) is open too!

HabboConsoleFM is owned by LoganDyer45 & Grant.51, general managed by Smithy1997, assisted by a hard working team of management and staff!

Our version one is always updating, improving, and becoming much better! We are currently working on our forum layout, which shall be released as soon as we have it all done. We will reply to this thread when we have it released.

As a new fansite, we would really appreciate it if you came along to the site and forum, and supported us. Our registration form couldn't be any easier to fill in, and i'm sure the majority of you reading this will have registered for Habbox!

We have numerous job applications available for you to apply for, loads of events lined up ready to be ran, gainging DJ's to broadcast for you, giving you the latest music!

Once again, check out and register on our forum (http://www.habboconsolefm.com/forum) and our site (http://www.habboconsolefm.com)!

If you have any improvements please list them below, but don't leave any negative posts without improvements to go with them.

Contact us via Habbox PM System (PM HabboConsoleFM), email [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] !

Thank you!

Samantha
09-04-2013, 09:52 PM
So 2 of those who own/manage the site used to work here? Interesting :P.

'range of DJ's ' could you remove that apostrophe in 'DJ's' as it's 'DJs' :(.

Good luck with the site though :) x.

HabboConsoleFM
09-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Who do you remember from here? :P

I've messaged a moderator asking to correct the grammar mistakes, wouldn't let me edit it unfortunately.

Thank you for the good luck, hope to see you registering :)

AgnesIO
09-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Woah, front page is two walls of text.

The layout looks pretty dated to be honest, partially down to the font.

Samantha
09-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Who do you remember from here? :P

I've messaged a moderator asking to correct the grammar mistakes, wouldn't let me edit it unfortunately.

Thank you for the good luck, hope to see you registering :)

Logan and Smithy, the grammar mistake is on the site itself :P.

HabboConsoleFM
09-04-2013, 10:33 PM
This is Smithy, and I don't recall working here haha.

I've read through all the grammar, and don't see any mistakes.

Keeping on topic; any improvements off anyone? Anyone registering?

HabboConsoleFM
09-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Woah, front page is two walls of text.

The layout looks pretty dated to be honest, partially down to the font.

We are recruiting graphic designers, but more images will be added soon!
I've just updated the font, so check it out again! (The DJ Says font isn't changing at the moment, having some technical difficulties)

AgnesIO
09-04-2013, 11:26 PM
We are recruiting graphic designers, but more images will be added soon!
I've just updated the font, so check it out again! (The DJ Says font isn't changing at the moment, having some technical difficulties)

The text needs to be bigger, which probably isn't helping the readability of it.

Also, Samantha highlighted the grammar issue in her first post of this thread :)

HabboConsoleFM
10-04-2013, 01:14 AM
I looked through and there are no grammar mistakes.
The text has changed, if you can't see a change contact me.

AgnesIO
10-04-2013, 01:22 AM
I looked through and there are no grammar mistakes.
The text has changed, if you can't see a change contact me.

has a brilliant range of DJ's from all over the world

It should be DJs (that is what Sam pointed out)

Brice
10-04-2013, 01:53 AM
dis website real ugly

---------- Post added 10-04-2013 at 01:54 AM ----------

it dnt even have djs
http://puu.sh/2xcS5

peteyt
10-04-2013, 02:25 AM
Not keen on the website design or the actual name. Design wise, it's too much text, needs more images to break it up. There's nice and simple and sleek and then there's too simple and boring and sadly I find that it falls into the too simple/boring category (don't mean to offend).

Name wise, it's a pet hate of mine really to call an online radio station something FM, as fm is obviously broadcast via the FM frequency. I know lots do it though so don't worry your not the only one ha.

lawrawrrr
10-04-2013, 03:23 AM
There's definitely a ton more grammar and sentence-structuring mistakes in the first paragraph, missing punctuation, needless repetition and really needs a design edit in a major major way (this is all from a text perspective). It kind of physically hurts me to read it! Congratulations on no spelling mistakes mind you.

Seriously just under 'Recruitment'

HabboConsoleFM is now looking for some new Radio Broadcasting talent so, If you think you have what it takes to drop the right beat and keep your fellow Habbo's entertained. Then here is your chance to prove it

should be

HabboConsoleFM is now looking for some new Radio Broadcasting talent so, if you think you have what it takes to drop the right beat and keep your fellow Habbos entertained, then here is your change to prove it

That's like the worst part I picked up on anyway. I'm not going to sit here and rewrite your site for free!

The design of the main page is just... really bland... like, nothing seems to fit, there's no text continuity, no graphics (ok you haven't got graphics designers but this genuinely looks like a bare test page) and even silly things like alignment don't fit. Neither does it even slightly correspond with the forum theme. I get that it's meant to be simple, sleek like the above poster said but it's kind of not working.

Good luck with it, I guess...

Rachel
10-04-2013, 04:53 AM
Yes well 1 of the owners is Logan Dyer ;) and I use to be forum manager there to put on their feet and decided to step down and give a chance to someone else :)

Good luck though :)

There's definitely a ton more grammar and sentence-structuring mistakes in the first paragraph, missing punctuation, needless repetition and really needs a design edit in a major major way (this is all from a text perspective). It kind of physically hurts me to read it! Congratulations on no spelling mistakes mind you.

Seriously just under 'Recruitment'

HabboConsoleFM is now looking for some new Radio Broadcasting talent so, If you think you have what it takes to drop the right beat and keep your fellow Habbo's entertained. Then here is your chance to prove it

should be

HabboConsoleFM is now looking for some new Radio Broadcasting talent so, if you think you have what it takes to drop the right beat and keep your fellow Habbos entertained, then here is your change to prove it

You made a mistake there ;)

beth
10-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Logan dyer... christ. that'll be some quality DJing then....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

AgnesIO
10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Logan dyer... christ. that'll be some quality DJing then....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I take it he isn't very good? :L

HabboConsoleFM
10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Thank you for all of the improvements and comments so far. They have helped us so much!

I have updated the homepage, and will be updating the other pages as the day goes on. We have more graphics, bigger text, clearer font and checked all our grammar and punctuation!

If you have anymore improvements, are signing up, leave below your comments.

iLogan
10-04-2013, 12:45 PM
woah woah who is ilogan i don't work there

AgnesIO
10-04-2013, 12:46 PM
woah woah who is ilogan i don't work there

I guess someone could choose the same username as you?

But controversial haha

iLogan
10-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I guess someone could choose the same username as you?

But controversial haha

oh it's Logandyer45; ... good luck with the site guys! The front page looks 4 years old though and if one of the largest, well known fansites (habbox) is having trouble with activity I'm not sure you'll go very far! Good luck nonetheless

AgnesIO
10-04-2013, 12:52 PM
oh it's @Logandyer45 (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68030); ... good luck with the site guys! The front page looks 4 years old though and if one of the largest, well known fansites (habbox) is having trouble with activity I'm not sure you'll go very far! Good luck nonetheless

Why is logandyer using iLogan though :L Not even his hab name aha

iLogan
10-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Why is logandyer using iLogan though :L Not even his hab name aha

dunno but thats logand for you!!

GoldenMerc
10-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Not sure what the problem is him calling himself iLogan, Maybe just wanted a change, I mean iLogan (HxF one) only changed his name after he got fired, As he was called RemelKid prev. Don't see what the problem is, Other than the site looks absolutely horrible.

iLogan
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Not sure what the problem is him calling himself iLogan, Maybe just wanted a change, I mean iLogan (HxF one) only changed his name after he got fired, As he was called RemelKid prev. Don't see what the problem is, Other than the site looks absolutely horrible.

actually I changed over to iLogan before I got fired http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=758829

AgnesIO
10-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Just looks as though the user is attempting to look like someone else :L

Doesn't seem much logic in it - surely the username "Logan" isn't taken on a brand new forum? :P

GoldenMerc
10-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Just looks as though the user is attempting to look like someone else :L

Doesn't seem much logic in it - surely the username "Logan" isn't taken on a brand new forum? :P

Good point haha, Maybe they were leaving that for the real iLogan hey

Luke367
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Don't like the layout at all sorry, But good luck!

Pigperson
10-04-2013, 02:39 PM
It's a fairly good site for a new one. I read through the homepage and there are still a few grammatical mistakes.
1) One part you say, "HabboConsoleFM offers" and then you say, "HabboConsoleFM are". You change from referring to your site as singular to plural.
2) To me, "general managed by Smithy1997" and, "keeping HabboConsoleFM a success" sound a bit strange to me.
3) DJ's is still not fixed to DJs as mentioned before
4) "(maintenance breaks, bugs)" I feel it needs an etc.
5) The "Click Here" should be "Click here", or change the "click here" to "click Here"
6) "You can login using the form below, however if you dont have an account you can also register" - should be don't
7) On the DJ application page, "Number Songs" should be "Number of songs"

Some of these are minor but for a fansite, content wise, it should be checked.

Regarding the site, I think it's a bit outdated but for a startup it's good. The name HabboConsoleFM doesn't sound good IMO because you say you are an all round fansite but your name implies you are a radio and even then, FM isn't really for online radios.

This is just my 2 cents though :P

Will

HabboConsoleFM
10-04-2013, 03:49 PM
All of those improvements have been made, except for the application form. They currently do not work, and we are using the forum applications via email.

I shall make a note of this for those who are attempting to apply via the site.

Jazz
10-04-2013, 06:21 PM
The site layout is awful, its very very bland and bleugh. I can't suggest anything different to what others have said
iLogan; remel wont be pleased. beth; hahahahahhahahahhahaha yeah, thats exactly what my thought was.

lawrawrrr
10-04-2013, 07:21 PM
You made a mistake there ;)

dammit, genuine mistype, if i was actually writing i'd have checked properly. that's like the second time today i've done that! :p

Thank you for all of the improvements and comments so far. They have helped us so much!

I have updated the homepage, and will be updating the other pages as the day goes on. We have more graphics, bigger text, clearer font and checked all our grammar and punctuation!

If you have anymore improvements, are signing up, leave below your comments.

it's definitely better now in the text but the design still looks a little bit weird. noticeably there are like 20 billion (ok 4) different fonts and the html is broken on the right ;)

HabboConsoleFM
10-04-2013, 08:07 PM
We are currently focusing on our forum, in which has resulted in today releasing our V1 forum skin! (http://www.habboconsolefm.com/forum)

Leave your comments below for the forum skin.

madonges
10-04-2013, 08:54 PM
HabboConsoleFM I know me and Logandyer45 are good friends but the forum layout is better than the actual layout in my honest opinion. The actual layout doesn't even look right for a habbo fansite.

HabboConsoleFM
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Credits to smithy1997 and grant.51 for the layout.

peteyt
10-04-2013, 11:21 PM
We are currently focusing on our forum, in which has resulted in today releasing our V1 forum skin! (http://www.habboconsolefm.com/forum)

Leave your comments below for the forum skin.

In my opinion you need to focus all your efforts on the home page as its the first page people will see 99 percent of the time. A nice forum is good but there's a high chance if a user finds a site badly designed then they won't bother visiting the forum and just exit.

What would look good is a Nav bar running the same throughout the site including the forum if you get me. Basically Habbo/ConsoleFM/News/Radio/Community/Goodies/Forum on every page including the forum. It would work even better if the whole site, forum included, followed the same design, as then it would flow a lot better. I know a lot don't do it, but I find having the site and forum separate design wise sometimes a little annoying.

AgnesIO
10-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Forum layout is decent, scrap the shoutbox though. Straight away minimising the amount of posts you will see on the forum.

Shame the website main layout is very outdated.

HabboConsoleFM
11-04-2013, 10:03 AM
We've taken in what you've said as improvements.
The Shout Box has now gone.

Catchy
11-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi HabboConsoleFM;,

Others are right, looks like the layout has literally been dragged from 2005. A few points to consider:

1. The banner is dull and boring, the corners are also far too rounded on both the banner and the whole layout all together.

2. If you insist in having a 'DJ says box' why is it randomly thrown into the top of the banner? Surely it should be with the actual radio panel.

3. The drop down navigation, remove the drop shadow all together. It's far too harsh and the degree is totally wrong.

4. The login panel, not very user friendly at all... 2 empty boxes? With no information on what so ever, how am I supposed to know what it's asking for? Is it asking for my email? user name? It's not clear as to what users need to input.

5. No footer or disclaimer.

6. The images on the site. Poor frank is hanging off and the little beach image is overlapping your recruitment header.

7. Change the colour of the links, bright blue links are a thing of the past.

8. Latest news and latest forum dates, what does 10th of April mean? By the looks of this layout it's 10th of April 2005. Imo needs a full and proper date.

9. Your news page has low resolution images and also the text size is far too small.

10. Your community tab is broken, takes me to the whole site again, within the actual site. Broken links are a big no no, puts any perspective user off.

On the brighter side your forum layout is a lot better but is still ugly and outdated. Imo you just need a better layout all together, if you keep that it's not going to be very successful. It's hard enough to get a good fansite popular now days, never mind one like this. I don't mean to sound harsh but it's just my opinion sorry. Anyhows, good luck.

HabboConsoleFM
11-04-2013, 02:40 PM
The feedback you sent has been saved to our files, and is all being put into consideration.
Any feedback on the forum (http://www.habboconsolefm.com/forum)?

peteyt
11-04-2013, 09:01 PM
The feedback you sent has been saved to our files, and is all being put into consideration.
Any feedback on the forum (http://www.habboconsolefm.com/forum)?

It's not bad but it looks like a load of forums. But until you fix the main problem it will be dead.

HabboConsoleFM
11-04-2013, 09:15 PM
The main problem, as in the site?

peteyt
11-04-2013, 09:27 PM
The main problem, as in the site?

Yeah. The problem as I mentioned in my previous post is for most people the homepage is the first page people will see so it is their first look at the site. At the moment it looks 10 years old or so and due to that it is off putting. Sadly there is a high chance that people may judge your site by what they see first and so won't visit the forum.

I do have some tips as I mentioned earlier. There needs to be a better break up text and image wise as at the moment it feels like a load of text with also blank space.

Also you should consider having your nav on the forum the same as the site. My old site basically had all the pages designed the same but the content obviously different. This included the forum, so when you where on the forum you knew the forum was ours as the design, the nav bar and everything flowed right through the site. This can be handy as seperate designs I find can alienate some people who get confused easily.

You can see an example on my old site of what I mean by the design flowing. Ignore the actual design however, it's old and my non habbo station is actually on a long hiatus while we sort a new site out http://www.dynamic-radio.co.uk/ - On there you'll see each page that works has the same design. The forum is no longer up but it to had the same design and nav bar.

HabboConsoleFM
12-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Check out our awesome new header, made by our awesome graphics manager!

HabboConsoleFM
12-04-2013, 11:34 PM
http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w640/TheJBurton/banner_logo_zps86cd6db6.png

Our new logo! Hope you like it!

Logandyer45
24-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Bump. Some new updates:

*New v1 Released
*New Forum v1 Released
*Bugs still being fixed
*New Staff (Except Owners)

e5
24-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Please remove those }{}{ they hurt my eyes. Other than than, not bad... But you have no events running?
http://i.imgur.com/3B0eNby.png

Adam
24-06-2013, 02:32 PM
That layout is so bad.

peteyt
28-06-2013, 06:26 PM
well not the most unique site or anything but glad you changed your homepage nothing was worse ha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!