PDA

View Full Version : Drinking alone

le harry
12-04-2013, 04:06 PM
It's just dawned on me that I've been drinking by myself more than I'd like to admit recently. This isn't to say I've been getting sloshed, however I've been finishing a stressful day at work and cracked a few beers while listening to music/browsing the web.

I never really understood why adults go home and drink to 'unwind' from a long day until now. Just wondering if anybody else drinks alone for any other reasons? Maybe I'm getting old...

Note: Still always go out with mates on a friday/saturday and write myself off.

wixard
12-04-2013, 04:12 PM
now that im 21 it's not that uncommon for most of my friends to do it, more so the boys than girls
i don't see much wrong with it if it's one or two beers
anything more excessive and id be worried

to answer your question if I come home from work (finish about 11/12) ill usually have 1 or 2 bottles with my brother before we go up to bed

buttons
12-04-2013, 04:14 PM
lol i worry if i buy one drink to relax every so often, i'll end up doing it more and more. it's so easy when u can simply go to the shop, pick up your alcohol and go home. i don't do it but if i have left over alcohol from a night out i find myself taking it home for 'next time' but drinking it alone anyway.

le harry
12-04-2013, 04:20 PM
lol i worry if i buy one drink to relax every so often, i'll end up doing it more and more. it's so easy when u can simply go to the shop, pick up your alcohol and go home. i don't do it but if i have left over alcohol from a night out i find myself taking it home for 'next time' but drinking it alone anyway.

I know! I never really had this problem when I lived out of home because I only really bought alcohol to go out. Now I'm living back with my parents to save for a house deposit and there is an abundance of spirits/beer laying around... When in Rome.

LiquidLuck.
12-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm feeling young just by reading this thread because I usually have beer in the fridge and sometimes even a bottle of black vodka for when I'm going out, and never have I ever had the will to drink any of those at night, and not even during the afternoon. I can actually say I've never drank without being with my friends, and before going to bed, I warm a nice cup of milk.. :$

Cerys
12-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I drink alone all the time
Yes Yes you will probably get at me whining that I am too young for it blah blah blah, but I bet you all drank at 15 tyvm.

I do it to take my mind off stuff, also I get bored.

OldLoveSong
12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
I used to sometimes but not so much anymore as i got bored and tired of it

Absently
12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
idk if it counts, but if me and jake have drink left over we'll sometimes drink it, but won't get drunk. not really 'alone' though, other than that no.

Zak
12-04-2013, 05:56 PM
It's just dawned on me that I've been drinking by myself more than I'd like to admit recently. This isn't to say I've been getting sloshed, however I've been finishing a stressful day at work and cracked a few beers while listening to music/browsing the web.

I never really understood why adults go home and drink to 'unwind' from a long day until now. Just wondering if anybody else drinks alone for any other reasons? Maybe I'm getting old...

Note: Still always go out with mates on a friday/saturday and write myself off.

I do mate, not often.. but it's nice to unwind after 9 hour shifts. I often drink on weekends though .. not at night (I hate going out) but when I'm watching the rugby :P

iLogan
12-04-2013, 06:39 PM
having a beer or whatever by yourself is fine, but don't start taking vodka shots by yourself, that'd be a bit sad

Catchy
12-04-2013, 07:23 PM
A went through a phase last year where I would dust off a bottle of wine most nights. Now days though I don't really tend to drink alone, I might have the odd glass of wine or a can if there's some in but usually I'm too tired to even drink.

Special
12-04-2013, 07:24 PM
no because i drink to get drunk

maybe i will when i'm middle aged lol

mrwoooooooo
12-04-2013, 07:57 PM
i don't like alcohol that much to drink it on my own, much prefer water

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!