PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Staff - Usernames

LiquidLuck.
16-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I was talking to someone who wanted to apply to the HxHD but as soon as she knew her username on the fórum would have to be changed, she wasn't liking the idea of working for Habbox as much as before.

So this took me to wonder about the reason why Habbox Staff needs to have their usernames here changed to their usernames in Habbo. Why couldn't we just have as a rule for our Habbo usernames to be visible in our usertitle or the thingy in our profile that appears when we post.

Also I'm quite sure some departments don't require a name change, is it because for exemple graphics for exemple doesn't need Habbo interaction?

Samantha
16-04-2013, 11:23 PM
If we needed to search someone, be it management or anyone we couldn't find them as quick if they didn't have their Habbo name whilst in a community department - it's likewise in events and the Help Desk, if they have different names it would be more difficult to find them, plus, really, if you're applying to be a part of a community department you should be playing Habbo anyway therefore it shouldn't matter.

The only one really that it doesn't matter as much is competitions apart from the management as normal staff don't need to interact with competition entrants. Beforehand, it was spoken about whether Rare Values was needed for it, but due to the recent addition of the Habbox Trade Team it is.

Basically, it's just a simpler way of running things, that way managers don't have to track name changes as much - they have to request them anyway and if they wanted to change their name a lot it also wouldn't work.

If they're that bothered they could also make a new account and use that name and the account if the other is embarrassing. The Help Desk and Events are the main ones that need Habbo names, HabboxLive and Rare Values perhaps not as much and Competitions don't really need them.

The content ones, News, Forum, Graphics and Content aren't really needed as they're mainly just Forum or Habbox.com based and many don't play Habbo now.

David
16-04-2013, 11:23 PM
is it because for exemple graphics for exemple doesn't need Habbo interaction?

yes

Kyle
16-04-2013, 11:32 PM
I remember campaigning to change this last year lol

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=736576

it's not really all that necessary but it's a change that management don't see as beneficial in any way, even though it wouldn't really hurt.

LiquidLuck.
16-04-2013, 11:32 PM
The problem here was the fact that in Habbo the Habbox username in use is taken.. But yeah I guess that it's easier this way..

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 12:37 AM ----------

I remember campaigning to change this last year lol

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=736576

it's not really all that necessary but it's a change that management don't see as beneficial in any way, even though it wouldn't really hurt.

One month with that thread going. Wow. xD

Samantha
17-04-2013, 12:10 AM
The problem here was the fact that in Habbo the Habbox username in use is taken.. But yeah I guess that it's easier this way..

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 12:37 AM ----------

One month with that thread going. Wow. xD

That's usually rare and only occurs when people have wanted/short names etc. usually though if that's the case the older user, the one who had it previously, if they're not active it will be changed.

Nick
17-04-2013, 06:55 AM
thats her fault for choosing her name then?

sexpot
17-04-2013, 07:06 AM
thats her fault for choosing her name then?

I didn't know of this rule at the time.

Matthew
17-04-2013, 07:19 AM
I don't see why it would hurt to change the rule but I can understand why we have it.

im glad it doesn't affect me as a mod, I hate my habbo names (A)

sexpot
17-04-2013, 07:22 AM
After reading kyle's thread, did Chippiewill ever come up with that supposed vB script?

Aiden
17-04-2013, 09:37 AM
mhmmm we don't need it, we have a staff list on the forum and all management staff have it in there usertitle. :) if you wanted to find a user, ask for their username.... :P

Paige.
17-04-2013, 10:06 AM
hmm never really understood why staff in departments like competitions have to have their forum name the same as their habbo name as it doesn't require any habbo interaction, like the forum moderation team competitions is based on the forum
i only understand why departments like events and hxhd have to

sexpot
17-04-2013, 10:12 AM
hmm never really understood why staff in departments like competitions have to have their forum name the same as their habbo name as it doesn't require any habbo interaction, like the forum moderation team competitions is based on the forum

Some competitions are done on habbo, and you'd need to know their habbo name to find the room. But then again you could just look at the userbit of the person who posted it so meh.

Samantha
17-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Some competitions are done on habbo, and you'd need to know their habbo name to find the room. But then again you could just look at the userbit of the person who posted it so meh.

No they're not, the competitions staff don't own those rooms and the competitions management will, I remember Matt telling me competitions staff didn't need their Habbo name yet Ryan didn't seem to mind.

Competitons aren't done on Habbo, those can just be done by the management's usernames.

sexpot
17-04-2013, 10:25 AM
What'd you consider that bunnynapped thing then...

Samantha
17-04-2013, 10:52 AM
What'd you consider that bunnynapped thing then...

That's events not competitions, it's a different department.

sexpot
17-04-2013, 10:58 AM
That's events not competitions, it's a different department.

I see no difference in events and competitions.

Paige.
17-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I see no difference in events and competitions.

huh? the events department host in client events/games/tournaments and the competitions department create competitions for the forum

Adam
17-04-2013, 11:14 AM
This is a Habbo fansite.

End of thread.

Maatt.
17-04-2013, 11:41 AM
To be honest, I just don't see why we have to be different to all the other fansites. If someone really needs your Habbo Name that badly, they can check the profile.

Inseriousity.
17-04-2013, 11:44 AM

Wrong. Your entries would increase tenfold if you got on Habbo and started interacting with people. They'd say 'hey it's paige., I know her from Habbo, I like her, she's nice' rather than 'who the hell is that?'
We have the rule in place because we want newbies to know who we are without them having to ask us and naturally this goes for every community department. It's just matching a name to their Habbo.

LiquidLuck.
17-04-2013, 12:05 PM
That's usually rare and only occurs when people have wanted/short names etc. usually though if that's the case the older user, the one who had it previously, if they're not active it will be changed.

I think you missread my post. I meant that in Habbo, the Habbox username that she is currently using, is taken, which is really common to happen.

Paige.
17-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Wrong. Your entries would increase tenfold if you got on Habbo and started interacting with people. They'd say 'hey it's paige., I know her from Habbo, I like her, she's nice' rather than 'who the hell is that?'
We have the rule in place because we want newbies to know who we are without them having to ask us and naturally this goes for every community department. It's just matching a name to their Habbo.

hmm yeah i don't hang around in habbox rooms as much as i used to and i don't interact much either, i just go on habbo to trade and make things, i've never thought about it like that tbh. see nobody has never explained that to me before, everyone i have asked is just like i don't know why we have to have our forum and habbo names the same. i understand that about the newbies because if they see our habbo name on the forum and they've seen us around habbo before they would feel a greater connection between the forum and habbo which is kinda the idea since it's a habbo fansite.

myke
17-04-2013, 12:15 PM
The username field on the profile is more difficult to make sure it's up to date too. I know a lot of people who have out-of-date names in their username field.

LiquidLuck.
17-04-2013, 01:38 PM
The username field on the profile is more difficult to make sure it's up to date too. I know a lot of people who have out-of-date names in their username field.

But couldn't that actually be easily controlled by Department managers and just other staff (mainly those in the same department) since you see their posts so many times? (E.g.: Spam threads).

Shorty
17-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Definitely one of the disadvantages for those who signed up for Habbo many years ago while younger and choose a silly name and then got chosen for Habbox Staff.

Kardan
17-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't see why you can't have non-Habbo names, given the 'Habbo Name' option in the post bit.

Samantha
17-04-2013, 03:49 PM
hmm yeah i don't hang around in habbox rooms as much as i used to and i don't interact much either, i just go on habbo to trade and make things, i've never thought about it like that tbh. see nobody has never explained that to me before, everyone i have asked is just like i don't know why we have to have our forum and habbo names the same. i understand that about the newbies because if they see our habbo name on the forum and they've seen us around habbo before they would feel a greater connection between the forum and habbo which is kinda the idea since it's a habbo fansite.

Don't worry, 25 months in the department and I didn't know either :P.

e5
17-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Well there should be a thread in each department with a users user name and their habbo name so you can look in the thread and find them that way and if they have a user name change, it should get updated.

If we needed to search someone, be it management or anyone we couldn't find them as quick if they didn't have their Habbo name whilst in a community department - it's likewise in events and the Help Desk, if they have different names it would be more difficult to find them, plus, really, if you're applying to be a part of a community department you should be playing Habbo anyway therefore it shouldn't matter.

The only one really that it doesn't matter as much is competitions apart from the management as normal staff don't need to interact with competition entrants. Beforehand, it was spoken about whether Rare Values was needed for it, but due to the recent addition of the Habbox Trade Team it is.

Basically, it's just a simpler way of running things, that way managers don't have to track name changes as much - they have to request them anyway and if they wanted to change their name a lot it also wouldn't work.

If they're that bothered they could also make a new account and use that name and the account if the other is embarrassing. The Help Desk and Events are the main ones that need Habbo names, HabboxLive and Rare Values perhaps not as much and Competitions don't really need them.

The content ones, News, Forum, Graphics and Content aren't really needed as they're mainly just Forum or Habbox.com based and many don't play Habbo now.

Chippiewill
17-04-2013, 04:49 PM
After reading kyle's thread, did Chippiewill ever come up with that supposed vB script?

Matt lied, it's a core vBulletin feature.

Hidden
17-04-2013, 06:04 PM
I think it is a problem that you have to change the username. Also it is easier to contact them if you know their habbo name. Then again most staff have their habbos at the side >

geo
17-04-2013, 08:54 PM
It wouldn't be hard at all to change the name. You're saying people may want to search your name as you've interacted with them, but if you've spoke with them enough you could simply tell them your forum name too. It wouldn't be hard for HxHD as the only people they'd be searching is Help Desk owner... Habbox Events could just change the criteria for CNB threads, where they'd have to state their Habbo Username in the title of the thread as well as in the thread, making it clear who to search. I know I don't even search usernames, I search for tags like Habbox or hx.. It just really doesn't matter.

sexpot
17-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Management refuses to change the policy, this thread is pointless

Samantha
17-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Well there should be a thread in each department with a users user name and their habbo name so you can look in the thread and find them that way and if they have a user name change, it should get updated.

What if the person searching isn't in the department or staff?

Kardan
17-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Whats so difficult about having a thread in announcements with links to staff's profiles and their Habbo name.

So for example:

http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68263 - Habbo Name; Samanfa
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=112570 - Habbo Name; Emily

etc.

Then there's no hassle with having to update each time someone changes their forum name, because a link is provided instead.

Samantha
17-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Whats so difficult about having a thread in announcements with links to staff's profiles and their Habbo name.

So for example:

http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68263 - Habbo Name; Samanfa
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=112570 - Habbo Name; Emily

etc.

Then there's no hassle with having to update each time someone changes their forum name, because a link is provided instead.

Not a bad idea really, even if I could have my forum name as anything I wish I probably wouldn't as if someone who knew me year ago came back then they might not find me :P.

What about on the staff list though, if someone said 'what is so and so's forum name' as a Habbox Live competition would they find out easily?

e5
18-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Well they're irrelevant lol? I thought this thread was about staff having to have their Habbo names used on the forum...

What if the person searching isn't in the department or staff?

LiquidLuck.
18-04-2013, 01:37 PM

I agree with this. Is like in habbox.com > Staff > HabboxLive with their DJ names. If you see a DJ with a DJ name other than his Habbo name (which happens what, 99% of the times probably?) then you go there and check who it actually is.

Kyle
18-04-2013, 03:02 PM
think we are all agreed that habbox help desk staff shouldnt need it and there are easily implemented alternatives so let's get this changed eh mattg xxMATTGxx;

Samantha
18-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Well they're irrelevant lol? I thought this thread was about staff having to have their Habbo names used on the forum...

You're saying normal members are irrelevant? It's harder to search if they have different names.

e5
18-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Yes, because this thread is about staff :S

You're saying normal members are irrelevant? It's harder to search if they have different names.

Samantha
18-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes, because this thread is about staff :S

Yes, and if a member of the forum wanted to search for a staff member, having a thread in a staff forum stating both their forum and Habbo name would be no good to them; the idea earlier seemed to fit whereby there would be a thread in one of the main forums listing all of them.

e5
18-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Either, or. I didn't get the impression it needed to be a thread where general users could search staff names, although thats plainly obvious know I think about it lol.

Yes, and if a member of the forum wanted to search for a staff member, having a thread in a staff forum stating both their forum and Habbo name would be no good to them; the idea earlier seemed to fit whereby there would be a thread in one of the main forums listing all of them.

Samantha
18-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Either, or. I didn't get the impression it needed to be a thread where general users could search staff names, although thats plainly obvious know I think about it lol.

Lmao I kept reading my replies thinking how can you not understand. However, a general thread might help - it could even be put in the ask a staff forum :P.

Impetuosity
19-04-2013, 06:25 AM
One question:

If I become a DJ, will I keep my HxF forum account and just change the name?
Cause I wanna be a DJ ( DJ Fozzie, Ginger)

Nick
19-04-2013, 07:04 AM
One question:

If I become a DJ, will I keep my HxF forum account and just change the name?
Cause I wanna be a DJ ( DJ Fozzie, Ginger)

Yeah, cause you can't have more than one account :P

Calum0812
29-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Can we just make it a requirement to have it in our profile because then it gets displayed in the bar with our username and stuff when we post? xxMATTGxx; Inseriousity.; or SyrupyMonkey;

God
29-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Can we just make it a requirement to have it in our profile because then it gets displayed in the bar with our username and stuff when we post? @xxMATTGxx (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=1020); @Inseriousity. (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26409); or @SyrupyMonkey (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=13753);

This is actually a great Idea!!!! @xxMATTGxx (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=1020); @Inseriousity. (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=26409); or @SyrupyMonkey (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=13753);

Chippiewill
29-05-2013, 11:36 PM
The issue was that you couldn't search by your Habbo name.

sexpot
29-05-2013, 11:43 PM
this won't happen.

Even though managers should know the habbo names of their department personnel..

Phil
29-05-2013, 11:45 PM
this won't happen.

Even though managers should know the habbo names of their department personnel..

I don't think this is the case at all. For instance, only Community Departments have this requirement, it's not the case with Content Departments like Forum Moderator's

Chippiewill
29-05-2013, 11:47 PM
this won't happen.

Lets be honest, we shouldn't expect someone to remember the Habbo name of 30 different people.

Samantha
29-05-2013, 11:48 PM
So a manager is expected to know 40+ Habbo names for DJs or about 30+ for Event Organisers? I don't think that's needed really, I mean with content departments it's a little easier due to the smallness of them, whereas some community departments are like this too.

sexpot
29-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Lets be honest, we shouldn't expect someone to remember the Habbo name of 30 different people.

Obviously not, but not all departments are 30 people strong.

I don't think this is the case at all. For instance, only Community Departments have this requirement, it's not the case with Content Departments like Forum Moderator's

It was one of the reasons stated back in a thread made about this by Kyle in early 2012.

Chippiewill
29-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Obviously not, but not all departments are 30 people strong.

Well in those smaller departments they don't even use Habbo at all, why the hell does the manager need to know their Habbo name?

sexpot
29-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Well in those smaller departments they don't even use Habbo at all, why the hell does the manager need to know their Habbo name?

What smaller departments are you even talking about?

I'm talking about the smaller community departments, events, HxHD, etc.

Chippiewill
29-05-2013, 11:58 PM
What smaller departments are you even talking about?

I'm talking about the smaller community departments, events, HxHD, etc.

Events is 30 people, help desk is 25. I'm not getting your point here.

sexpot
30-05-2013, 12:01 AM
Events is 30 people, help desk is 25. I'm not getting your point here.

Okay, so they're not that small. Big freakin deal. Managers could still have a list in the private department with each members habbo name. I don't see why we should be forced to have our forum usernames as our habbo names when there's an obvious solution here.

Chippiewill
30-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Because it's completely impractical to use and maintain a list. This has not been an issue for 10 years, I don't see why it is now.

sexpot
30-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Because it's completely impractical to use and maintain a list. This has not been an issue for 10 years, I don't see why it is now.

How? Most departments only get members every few months.

Chippiewill
30-05-2013, 12:10 AM
How? Most departments only get members every few months.
Most departments don't include the ones you're referring to.

sexpot
30-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Most departments don't include the ones you're referring to.

The only departments I regularly see getting members are HxL and Events, other than that not that much.

Maintaining a list isn't even that hard, if you can't do that why are you a manager?

Mr-Trainor
30-05-2013, 12:30 AM
The only departments I regularly see getting members are HxL and Events, other than that not that much.

Maintaining a list isn't even that hard, if you can't do that why are you a manager?
Trust me it's not as quick and easy as you think when you have a lot going on, and if I'm saying that as just a staff member then it must be even harder for a manager :P. We have a staff list in RV but it's far from our top priority and updating it can take a while. We get staff changes quite often as well, and I'd imagine all community departments do, except maybe comps :P.

sexpot
30-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Trust me it's not as quick and easy as you think when you have a lot going on, and if I'm saying that as just a staff member then it must be even harder for a manager :P. We have a staff list in RV but it's far from our top priority and updating it can take a while. We get staff changes quite often as well, and I'd imagine all community departments do, except maybe comps :P.

I don't believe it takes that long to update a list.

Sam posted a RV update yesterday. The time before that was four days prior. Surely in four days you can find time to update a list.

Mr-Trainor
30-05-2013, 12:36 AM
I don't believe it takes that long to update a list.

Sam posted a RV update yesterday. The time before that was four days prior. Surely in four days you can find time to update a list.
It's just not a priority though and can easily be forgotten about :P.

sexpot
30-05-2013, 12:38 AM
It's just not a priority though and can easily be forgotten about :P.

Make it one then. Keeping track of personnel should be somewhat of a priority.

Mr-Trainor
30-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Make it one then. Keeping track of personnel should be somewhat of a priority.
http://www.habboxforum.com/showgroups.php does that :P.

Updating rare values and keeping the furni categories up to date is a priority, and for the manager there's keeping track of each member and posting reports on a weekly basis. Then having a list to update would just add to the time they have to spend and jut having their Habbo name and forum name matching is just so much easier.

sexpot
30-05-2013, 12:48 AM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showgroups.php does that :P.

Updating rare values and keeping the furni categories up to date is a priority, and for the manager there's keeping track of each member and posting reports on a weekly basis. Then having a list to update would just add to the time they have to spend and jut having their Habbo name and forum name matching is just so much easier.

That list is updated by masking, not by when they're actually accepted into the department. It's different.

Mr-Trainor
30-05-2013, 12:50 AM
That list is updated by masking, not by when they're actually accepted into the department. It's different.
I don't get what you mean (A)? What did you want the list to have on it exactly?

nvrspk4
30-05-2013, 12:56 AM
It's not just for managers...dunno where that came from. Ideally a community staff member would be active both on the forum and on the Habbo client. Even with the username in the usertitle or whatever, the member will still be referred to / known as their username. It makes sense, especially for newer users, for people to be able to link the forum user and the Habbo user with no trouble at all. The idea is creating a unified presence, because Habbox's presence on Habbo and on the forum should be integrated and seamless, at least as far as the community departments are concerned.

It's written into the rules that you have the right to your Habbo name if it's your primary account. So for example if nvrspk4 got hacked and I switched to nvrspk200, and someone had registered that, they get their name changed regardless of whether they're active or not (but if they're active they're offered a choice, if they're not I think we added a period to the end.) But I can't also just go create random accounts on Habbo just to steal names from people who already have them. There's no actual criteria for what "primary account" means, it was more to prevent people from creating accounts for free name changes (because it was one of the most popular parts of VIP) and to prevent trolling by grabbing other users' names and forcing them to change.

PS: If anyone has a right to complain about a silly name...

EDIT: Odmn am I not supposed to post here? Clicked on this thread from main forum and didn't realize it was in a subforumz.

sexpot
30-05-2013, 12:58 AM
I don't get what you mean (A)? What did you want the list to have on it exactly?

When someone gets accepted into a department and when they get masked are two different things.

@nvrsprk4, I stated that because that was one of the reasons our GM stated in a previous thread about this subject.

Chippiewill
30-05-2013, 01:44 AM
EDIT: Odmn am I not supposed to post here? Clicked on this thread from main forum and didn't realize it was in a subforumz.

Rules on the question forums got changed a while back, anyone is allowed to respond to questions now.

Samantha
30-05-2013, 06:19 AM
Staff lists can take a while, but likewise with many departments we have contact details for the staff members, although I don't keep it updated much I know it's there if I need it. On the list we do have their real name and their Habbo one as I don't agree that Rare Values is a community department anymore, well wasn't until be brought in the Trade Team and now I believe that Rare Values Furni Editors shouldn't require their Habbo name, but luckily, those who are in the role have other community ones - well 4/5 do.

At this point I usually find it easier to search a Habbo name, mainly with doing Wiki pages as sometimes it's harder as you'll search their forum name, scroll down, find they changed their name, then you search that one, then they'd changed that one, the one before and even the one before that as well. This makes it a little tedious, with content there's a little more leeway as there are less staff and everything.

At the moment I don't mind what you do about the names, I near enough have my name, but I wouldn't mind if it changed, although it would just get annoying.

nvrspk4
31-05-2013, 05:13 PM
When someone gets accepted into a department and when they get masked are two different things.

@nvrsprk4, I stated that because that was one of the reasons our GM stated in a previous thread about this subject.

Nice! Clearly xxMATTGxx and I are twinz with ESP. Sorry I don't get around much so probably didn't read that thread :P

sexpot
31-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Nice! Clearly xxMATTGxx and I are twinz with ESP. Sorry I don't get around much so probably didn't read that thread :P

I'd link you but it seems to have disappeared.

xxMATTGxx
31-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I'd link you but it seems to have disappeared.

It will be around - We wouldn't have moved it unless the the thread was breaking the rules.

Hello you ;)

AgnesIO
31-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Nice! Clearly @xxMATTGxx (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=1020) and I are twinz with ESP. Sorry I don't get around much so probably didn't read that thread :P

Heyy :)

---

I don't have time to read the whole thread, so is the rule being kept as it is or not? :L Personally I think the habbo name rule should stay, but...

-Nick
31-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Haven't read all this thread but i see that the department managers need to know there names and have a list in there forum, well basically for example if I was an idiot and was not staff and I didn't now anything and just join if I wanted to find xxMATTGxx; and he had his username as GM I would properly never find him on Habbo even though I don't ;)! It isn't just for the DM to know there staff members it's for other users to!

Reality
05-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Aha I think it is a good idea it is used on a lot of fansites would be a lot easier then permissions would be done a little bit faster as well!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!