PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Lounge

Daltron
18-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Looks like a new public room maybe? I can't tell if it's that or just a featured room for a while.

Re-designed Dusty Lounge:
http://i48.tinypic.com/67o9p3.png

Old School Dusty Lounge:

http://habbox.com/assets/images/52/1316948730_27wygxs.png

Thoughts?!

Kyle
18-04-2013, 11:21 PM
looks trashed lol

Daltron
18-04-2013, 11:25 PM
looks trashed lol

Oh you're right! The wired should have been hidden I think, updated the image.

Hidden
18-04-2013, 11:28 PM
It's an RBI public room, don't ask why I have no idea... I think the people in box want attention or something?

Mr-Trainor
18-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Nice recreation of the public room, but I obviously prefer the version where it is actually a public room and not made of actual furni as it just looks neater and tidier.

sex
18-04-2013, 11:31 PM
It's an RBI public room, don't ask why I have no idea... I think the people in box want attention or something?

anyone who helped build this should be removed from the rbi lol. i just don't like it at all and the tiles...... like wtf i know they suppose to be stairs but they look hideous there lol

Hidden
18-04-2013, 11:36 PM
anyone who helped build this should be removed from the rbi lol. i just don't like it at all and the tiles...... like wtf i know they suppose to be stairs but they look hideous there lol

PLEASE NO ALL I DONE WAS PROVIDE A FEW CASTLE WALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daltron
18-04-2013, 11:37 PM
I think a very small minority of RBI designed this. I never even heard about this until now and I am meant to be in RBI lmao.

Hidden
18-04-2013, 11:39 PM
I think a very small minority of RBI designed this. I never even heard about this until now and I am meant to be in RBI lmao.

About 10 people LOL? Quite a lot tbh!

Daltron
18-04-2013, 11:42 PM
About 10 people LOL? Quite a lot tbh!

Meh I'd say 10/70 is a minority lol

Hurts
18-04-2013, 11:54 PM
I don't see the point in reproducing public rooms with furniture available to everyone, that's what made them special before. Anyway don't the old rooms still exist? I remember you could access them a while back with the room id(?), if so just reopen them already.

It is a good reproduction but the marble tiles as stairs look odd when zoomed in. Plus I don't see why they've made the bar into a desk for the room builders.

Spiffy
19-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Wow, it looks tacky. I don't see why they couldn't have let us into the real dusty lounge instead of this cheap imitation.

e5
19-04-2013, 09:40 AM
It's not a bad remake, but the original public room looks better.

karter
19-04-2013, 09:49 AM
imo the only thing which looks bad are the stairs which will be removed soon anyways :)

Nayth
19-04-2013, 10:51 AM
No offence to the Room Builders as you've all done a great job with the furni you have on offer. But this room would be pretty simple for the design team to work on making it an actual room like the Welcome Lounge and the Theatre"dome" (what?)

http://i.imgur.com/MMNJoHM.png

Near enough all of the actual furniture from the room exists (or could exist with some editing). The biggest part would be creating the background mask for the room which yeah would take a little time but it's what people want to see. I'm sure they made a poll a few months back asking which other rooms we'd like to see rebuilt?

GoldenMerc
19-04-2013, 11:05 AM
looks horrible

Aiden
19-04-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't like either of them tbqh

Bradley.
19-04-2013, 12:13 PM
why do people hate it :S lol i think its a pretty good recreation, doubt most of the haters could do something like this. although the marble steps do look a bit weird

Daltron
19-04-2013, 12:24 PM
No offence to the Room Builders as you've all done a great job with the furni you have on offer. But this room would be pretty simple for the design team to work on making it an actual room like the Welcome Lounge and the Theatre"dome" (what?)

http://i.imgur.com/MMNJoHM.png

Near enough all of the actual furniture from the room exists (or could exist with some editing). The biggest part would be creating the background mask for the room which yeah would take a little time but it's what people want to see. I'm sure they made a poll a few months back asking which other rooms we'd like to see rebuilt?

If they used those pillars and those floor tiles, with the dimmer on slightly dimming the room it could be 100x better!

Absently
19-04-2013, 12:35 PM
am i the only person who doesn't have a clue about the old public room :S never seen it before in my life

but seeing the remake of it, it does look a bit messy and sort of just thrown together

JHER
19-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Those pillars have arched tops so no lol

Also this was never intended to be an exact replica of the dusty lounge but rather a cool design for a front end to our meeting area (before it was all one room)

We could have easily just had this be another locked room for us to use only as it was going to be but we decided maybe people would like another little room to hang out in.

And if you really think all the RBIs that made this should quit then say goodbye to almost every member who is a major contributor to the group and say goodbye to all events, games etc

sex
19-04-2013, 01:20 PM

Also this was never intended to be an exact replica of the dusty lounge but rather a cool design for a front end to our meeting area (before it was all one room)

We could have easily just had this be another locked room for us to use only as it was going to be but we decided maybe people would like another little room to hang out in.

And if you really think all the RBIs that made this should quit then say goodbye to almost every member who is a major contributor to the group and say goodbye to all events, games etc

you mean the easter maze you made which was 90% nice rooms 10% games and that st patricks room? (which the badges where obtained by clicking something/saying a word) lol
most games are done by fansite/normal users on the weekend, lets not not get big headed now thinking rbi does everything

Daltron
19-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Um what? There are still loads of RBI members that contribute to room creation/ game creation etc and didn't help out with this one. And a lot of the weekend featured games are not even designed by us (RBI) anyway, they generally come from different members of the community. I don't know where you got the idea that all events and games would end if 10 RBI members quit..

Okeanos
19-04-2013, 01:54 PM

what do you mean? most RBI people were not allowed to help in this room because a couple of RBers who shall remain nameless wanted to do the whole thing themselves...

Yawn
19-04-2013, 01:58 PM
its crap. either bring back the original public room or dont bother at all.

http://i.minus.com/iXrQiJJxrbXI5.gif

edible
19-04-2013, 02:01 PM
This will be cleared up when the creator(s) realises they provided powertoo with a link to their storage room as opposed to the real dusty lounge they have created which we are yet to see.

JHER
19-04-2013, 02:16 PM
If you dont like the room don't go in it :) or we can request it to be locked and just for rbi use.
For a large amount of people it is proving to be a great little hang out room.

Its absolutely your choice if you want to participate in rbi games, events.. room designs.
Totally your choice

edible
19-04-2013, 02:32 PM
If you dont like the room don't go in it :) or we can request it to be locked and just for rbi use.

Its absolutely your choice if you want to participate in rbi games, events.. room designs.
Totally your choice

The best events have been the non-rbi ones so stop making it out as if you've done anything of note and or worth.

hairpins
19-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Totally your choice

or ya can just :pickall wud be ezier xo

tbh eye think sum1 needs 2 call a MOD coz it lucks lyke sum1 got trigga happi with their rites n trashed woteva it woz suppose 2 be

Kyle
19-04-2013, 02:43 PM
still looks trashed

whats with random tiles everywhere that don't even lead up to anything just flat floor

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 03:44 PM ----------

Totally your choice
feel free, I'd prefer the entire rbi to be abolished than have groups of people getting badges for designing hideous rooms like this.

Yawn
19-04-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd prefer the entire rbi to be abolished than have groups of people getting badges for designing hideous rooms like thisoh good lord :boohoo:

Michael
19-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Doesn't look very pleasing, yes it is probably near-about the best you can do to copy that public room - but if copying that room looks that bad I think they should have not bothered :)

Aaron
19-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I like parts of the design, but not the entire overall project. :P

karter
19-04-2013, 03:36 PM
you mean the easter maze you made which was 90% nice rooms 10% games and that st patricks room? (which the badges where obtained by clicking something/saying a word) lol
most games are done by fansite/normal users on the weekend, lets not not get big headed now thinking rbi does everything

we were not given any details about how the easter event will go ahead. powertoo just gave us a theme and linked the rooms together, it was her decision. I thought my room was supposed to be for a poll but it ended up in the maze.

Luke367
19-04-2013, 03:38 PM
I really like it, People can't win on habbo people make a public rooms cuz staff won't code it all again and people still don't like it!

Peachiequeen
19-04-2013, 04:47 PM
I don't love it, but I definitely don't hate it. This a room that obviously some people put in time to make, and that is good enough for me. At least they took the time to try to copy an old room since habbo won't give us real public rooms again. I'm not sure how any of you would have done it better? I'm not saying they did the best job ever, but you guys are kinda harsh. How would you feel if someone said that about your room. :S Idk.

Tyrell
19-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Ugly as sin.

unnknawn
19-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Looks like a new public room maybe? I can't tell if it's that or just a featured room for a while.

Re-designed Dusty Lounge:
http://i48.tinypic.com/67o9p3.png

Old School Dusty Lounge:

http://habbox.com/assets/images/52/1316948730_27wygxs.png

Thoughts?!

DA OLD SCHOOOL ITS AWSOME !

Paige.
19-04-2013, 07:08 PM
some parts of it is nice but others parts are just... what lol
prefer the original :l

Bradley.
19-04-2013, 08:04 PM
how can people call it tacky and trashed looking and thrown together?? dno if we are looking at the same screenshots, it's a good imitation, people are so critical.. jesus.

geo
19-04-2013, 08:09 PM
It looks like I'm the only person that thinks this remake of it is brilliant. It's really good IMO. :P

Neversoft
19-04-2013, 08:48 PM
As far as rooms go, it's by no means bad. But the VIP area should be open to everyone, not just certain RBI members (who seem to enjoy a sense of superiority), and no one in the room should have rights. I put down a monster plant and it gets insta-kicked. Lighten up, have a bit of fun.

zombies
19-04-2013, 08:49 PM
the vip bit isn't just for RBI i'm sure - you just need to say the correct word.

Neversoft
19-04-2013, 08:54 PM
the vip bit isn't just for RBI i'm sure - you just need to say the correct word.

I only seem to see the same people behind there, and if that is the case, then what is the code? How is anyone supposed to find it? I'm in the RBI and I don't know the code. A select few just seem to be keeping it to themselves, acting like the overlords of the room, and that isn't fair on anyone.

Pigperson
19-04-2013, 09:22 PM
The marble tile steps look awful IMO, the original looks much better.

Will

Okeanos
19-04-2013, 09:26 PM
As far as rooms go, it's by no means bad. But the VIP area should be open to everyone, not just certain RBI members (who seem to enjoy a sense of superiority), and no one in the room should have rights. I put down a monster plant and it gets insta-kicked. Lighten up, have a bit of fun.

it isnt a VIP area, its more like a help desk. it links to the RBI HQ. this room is supposed to be a sort of Q&A area where people can ask RB people questions.

Zelda
19-04-2013, 09:39 PM
It wouldn't have even been half bad if the steps didn't fall back down to ground again, like it literally is speed bumps more then anything cause the lowest steps start from top of the other bit which is seemingly same level not very clever lmfao. Also those castle floors shoulda been used yea.

October
20-04-2013, 11:37 PM
I do not like it. I prefer the old, public room.

hairpins
21-04-2013, 06:14 PM
update on tha rewm: it still exsists no1 has done :pickall yet ;(

hurtin mi eyez

MKR&*42
21-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Quite a chuckle reading all the rage in this thread over this room :P

Idgi, I think it's quite a nice remake? The Green USVA looks a bit dodgy but nevertheless it's hardly appalling/an eye sore.

A
21-04-2013, 08:41 PM
old one is 10x better, but it's nice to see they are trying lol

JHER
24-04-2013, 12:52 PM
You should attend more meetings, ask people, read minimails, read stickies
the code has been said many times

LiquidLuck.
24-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I actually went to this room the first day it opened, and even though right now I can't see the wired, I do believe it has been trashed or modified. They moved around the cake trophy, that's the most obvious, as it was near the girl in purple before. Also changed a bit the little details in the room like the spider web, the books and vases of flowers, etc. Looks weird, not exactly ugly, but I wouldn't have associated it with the official public room.

JHER
24-04-2013, 04:25 PM
You should attend more meetings, ask people, read minimails, read stickies
the code has been said many times
this was directed at neversoft btw, havent got used to the quote system here yet lol

Neversoft
24-04-2013, 11:57 PM
this was directed at neversoft btw, havent got used to the quote system here yet lol

I've been to every single meeting for your information, didn't catch you at a couple of them, mind. I check the stickies almost daily, there never has been anything about a code for the Dusty Lounge. I check all the minimails, only the most recent one included the code, which was only received a couple of days ago. No one should have to ask anyone anything, it should be displayed for all to see, not be some word of mouth rumour. But the people I did speak to had no clue of it, and it took someone outside of the RBI to actually tell me. So, yeah. Thanks for the pointers.

Daltron
25-04-2013, 12:28 AM
I've been to every single meeting for your information, didn't catch you at a couple of them, mind. I check the stickies almost daily, there never has been anything about a code for the Dusty Lounge. I check all the minimails, only the most recent one included the code, which was only received a couple of days ago. No one should have to ask anyone anything, it should be displayed for all to see, not be some word of mouth rumour. But the people I did speak to had no clue of it, and it took someone outside of the RBI to actually tell me. So, yeah. Thanks for the pointers.

Same here, I have been to most meetings (the second ones for au and sg) and almost daily check the stickies and I was only told of the code in a minimail a few days ago. Whenever I asked fellow RBI members for the code they would ignore me.

I hate that Jher thinks that asking people is going to help anymore. 90% of RBI are ignorant and not concerned with helping anyone but themselves now. Hence why I don't even bother trying to collaborate with other builders lol

Nekobasu
25-04-2013, 01:16 AM
I hate that Jher thinks that asking people is going to help anymore. 90% of RBI are ignorant and not concerned with helping anyone but themselves now. Hence why I don't even bother trying to collaborate with other builders lol

Exactly, many of the people in RBI are really not very nice and incredibly annoying. Also the code has not been said many times, it's been said once in a recent mini-mail.

Shockwave.2CC
25-04-2013, 01:37 AM
I don't like the new designs

I think they should bring back the old designs

karter
25-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Guys the link for Hawky's room was posted as a sticky 1-2weeks before the release. It probably did not say it is a dusty lounge remake because it was his idea but it did say that this is the new RBI public room

JHER
25-04-2013, 11:23 AM

Same here, I have been to most meetings (the second ones for au and sg) and almost daily check the stickies and I was only told of the code in a minimail a few days ago. Whenever I asked fellow RBI members for the code they would ignore me.

Its in the latest minimail..

Daltron
25-04-2013, 11:33 AM
Its in the latest minimail..

Are you reading what we are saying though? There was a code long before when the last RBI minimail was sent out. Forget it, I don't know why I'm trying to make sense of you lol, back to your high horse you go

JHER
25-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Are you reading what we are saying though? There was a code long before when the last RBI minimail was sent out. Forget it, I don't know why I'm trying to make sense of you lol, back to your high horse you go

Lol.. the last minimail came out like 2 days after the room was made, when i came into the room initially, i didn't have rights so i asked someone. Wasn't difficult to ask someone. From there i found out the code.

Dont complain you dont know things if you dont interact with people. :)

Okeanos
25-04-2013, 03:12 PM
90% of RBI are ignorant and not concerned with helping anyone but themselves now. Hence why I don't even bother trying to collaborate with other builders lol

i dont think thats fair. the trouble is a lot of the original RB habbos are just bored and fed up so theyre less likely to go to the meetings or remember details like a password.

re this code: i was told it before the minimail arrived when i was in the dusty lounge, if you dont go there you cant expect to be told it.

Daltron
25-04-2013, 03:29 PM
You're both right, how silly of me not to interact with friendly people such as yourselves.

Neversoft
25-04-2013, 04:56 PM
The wired was set up way before the minimail was sent, and I did speak to people. Those that I asked were as clueless as me, and Daltron couldn't be more right. No one is going to interact with those who present themselves as so very closed off and unwilling to help. I still don't know the code to get out of the RBI area, nor any of the wired set up to teleport you to other areas of the room. Where are those in the minimail? But whatever, can't see this going anywhere.

Hidden
25-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I couldn't care less about this room, the new RBI members are just trying to 'take over' by doing stupid things. We don't even need a public room for real what is it even for legit nobody has even explained?

Okeanos
25-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Daltron couldn't be more right. No one is going to interact with those who present themselves as so very closed off and unwilling to help.

what the hell are you talking about? RBI isnt a social club, i dont have to interact with any other RBI members if i dont want to. i dont know why youre taking this so seriously...

Yawn
25-04-2013, 06:41 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Do not create comments that may offend others.

Okeanos
25-04-2013, 07:31 PM
no....... who are you again?

Hidden
25-04-2013, 07:32 PM
no....... who are you again?

facepalm

Okeanos
25-04-2013, 07:41 PM
facepalm

well i dont know who he/she is! should i?

Neversoft
25-04-2013, 08:36 PM
what the hell are you talking about? RBI isnt a social club, i dont have to interact with any other RBI members if i dont want to. i dont know why youre taking this so seriously...

Well, okay? Thanks for proving my point. Daltron said 90% of room builders are not concerned with helping anyone but themselves, I agreed with him and said how no one is going to want to interact with people like that, and that they shouldn't be expected to as Jher is telling us to. So, yeah. I don't really know what you're getting at as Jher is the one telling people to interact, not me.

Okeanos
26-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Well, okay? Thanks for proving my point. Daltron said 90% of room builders are not concerned with helping anyone but themselves, I agreed with him and said how no one is going to want to interact with people like that, and that they shouldn't be expected to as Jher is telling us to. So, yeah. I don't really know what you're getting at as Jher is the one telling people to interact, not me.

why on earth would i help someone who 1) i dont know and 2) doesnt ask for help? it annoys me how certain people presume to tell other room builders how they should be behaving and what they should be doing. there is plenty of interaction, but we dont all need to know everybody else.

Yawn
26-04-2013, 01:33 PM
why on earth would i help someone who 1) i dont know
this pretty much says it all about u. u r a lost cause. u r the most miserable and unreasonable person i think i have ever seen on habbo. i truly pity ur sorry existence. i hope ur grandmother slips in the shower.

Okeanos
26-04-2013, 09:06 PM
this pretty much says it all about u. u r a lost cause. u r the most miserable and unreasonable person i think i have ever seen on habbo. i truly pity ur sorry existence. i hope ur grandmother slips in the shower.

you think im nasty, miserable, a lost cause, unreasonable, hopelessly unsociable and who knows what else.... then you go and say something stupid like that? lol. grow up and get over yourself.

Yawn
26-04-2013, 09:09 PM
you think im nasty, miserable, a lost cause, unreasonable, hopelessly unsociable and who knows what else.... then you go and say something stupid like that? lol. grow up and get over yourself.

*REMOVED*

Edited by Lee (Forum Super Moderator): Do not be rude to other members.

Okeanos
26-04-2013, 09:14 PM
and gay

u r v gay

im loathed to reply to such a childish and desperate post, especially as still i have no idea who you are. i wont bother if you post again, i advice you to take the advice i offered above.

Yawn
26-04-2013, 09:19 PM
im loathed to reply to such a childish and desperate post, especially as still i have no idea who you are. i wont bother if you post again, i advice you to take the advice i offered above.u advice me 2 ur advice

kk

p.s. im better than u so change ur siggy

p.p.s i win

!x!dude!x!2
28-04-2013, 02:36 PM
kinda like the new one better

Catchy
28-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Looks disgusting whatever it is

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!