PDA

View Full Version : iPhone storage usage - 'Other'

Mr-Trainor
21-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Ok so last month I had like 5-9GB available space on my phone, today I noticed it's under 1GB. So I connected to iTunes and noticed that 'Other' is suddenly very large at just under 7GB. What can I do other than a complete restore in order to reduce this amount :)?

lawrawrrr
21-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Under the sections of what you've got synced, have you got something you don't usually? I know I've only just got mine but I only sync 1 playlist and 1 album of photos because it looked like it wanted to sync *everything* and that's just not happening. I think the best way to o it would be to think what you've downloaded recently that's trying to add itself to your iPhone though?

Mr-Trainor
21-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Under the sections of what you've got synced, have you got something you don't usually? I know I've only just got mine but I only sync 1 playlist and 1 album of photos because it looked like it wanted to sync *everything* and that's just not happening. I think the best way to o it would be to think what you've downloaded recently that's trying to add itself to your iPhone though?
Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow :).

Mr-Trainor
01-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Can't seem to fix this, so it looks like I'll have to restore. However, what's the easiest way to restore but keep my photos and texts :P?

---------- Post added 01-05-2013 at 04:28 PM ----------

Well, photos I'm guessing I can just copy straight back on - so it's just texts..

Mr-Trainor
01-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Ok so somehow I forgot Contacts. So basically I want to restore my phone but keep Messages/Contacts/Photos. Does iCloud sync Contacts meaning I could just sync them and then they'd all add back on automatically?

xxMATTGxx
01-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I believe iCloud can sync contacts but make sure that you have told it to do so. I suppose you log into http://icloud.com and see if they are there as well.

Mr-Trainor
01-05-2013, 07:32 PM
I believe iCloud can sync contacts but make sure that you have told it to do so. I suppose you log into http://icloud.com and see if they are there as well.
Yeah I realised my Contacts are already sync'd anyway, and I guess I'll have to do without the messages I have atm - although something on the Apple support website did say Messages were backed up but not sure if they'll be sync'd if I restore. For the past 3 hours I've just been sorting my photos/videos and then backing up the ones I want - taking so long :(.

Mr-Trainor
10-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Ok so after I did that restore I ended up restoring back to the backup because I realised you can't put photos back in your camera roll. My Other then went up and was at around 10 GB. However, two days ago I deleted an iMessage conversation and somehow Other is now only 2.5 GB :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!