PDA

View Full Version : Uni Email

Catchy
23-04-2013, 04:32 PM
As most of you know I've applied for Midwifery for this year. My last interview was last week, I went along and provided the documentation I needed apart from my national insurance and proof of address. I've just received this email

Re: BSc Midwifery

Further to your interview we are unable to process your application further until you provide us with the following information as listed below. Please note we can only accept original documents. Photocopies will not be sufficient.

Please note that we do not advise that you send original documents through the post unless by recorded delivery. If you choose to send your originals through the post, you do so at your own risk.

Proof of your National Insurance number ie. P45, P60

2 x Proof of your current address i.e. utility bill, bank statement etc, addressed to you. (They must be no older than 3 months)

Birth certificate or Declaration of Age

Passport

Marriage certificate or change of name deed if appropriate,

Qualifications

NMC registration pin

Please provide this information urgently so that processing of your application can continue. Failure to provide the necessary documentation may result in you losing your place on this programme. Please provide within 10 working days if you do not contact us we will assume you are no longer interested in the programme and therefore we will have no option but to withdraw your application.

My teacher said it sounds promising that they're going to make me an offer because if they weren't going to they wouldn't bother requesting this? What does everyone else think? I just don't want to get my hopes up but it does sound promising imo!

mrwoooooooo
23-04-2013, 04:36 PM
obv means they're just going to waste your time and reject you :rolleyes:

Catchy
23-04-2013, 04:45 PM
obv means they're just going to waste your time and reject you :rolleyes:

omg stop :(

Yawn
23-04-2013, 04:53 PM
take it as it comes sis

JACKTARD
24-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Don't get your hopes up just in case. It might be a standard email they send to everyone who turned up to an interview. Again, don't get your hopes up but if you had an interview and turned up then you'll probably get an offer (unless it's oxbridge). Good luck!! :)

Kardan
24-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up just incase. It makes sense for them to ask everyone that applies anyway. I mean, why would they let 100 people on a course, and get 100 people to provide details. What happens if all 100 can't provide details? Makes more sense to get everyone to apply details, and then pick 100 from that for example. But who knows, none of us work there, so it might be a good omen.

Zak
24-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I should imagine universities won't be rejecting many people this year - esp with the outrageous tutition fees

Catchy
24-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up just incase. It makes sense for them to ask everyone that applies anyway. I mean, why would they let 100 people on a course, and get 100 people to provide details. What happens if all 100 can't provide details? Makes more sense to get everyone to apply details, and then pick 100 from that for example. But who knows, none of us work there, so it might be a good omen.

No we were meant to bring details on the day of interview which I did, national insurance and proof of address was missing so my point was. Why would they bother even asking if I'd been unsuccessful surely they'd of just sent me a U on ucas after this long instead of trying to get them from me lol. Never heard of it happening to anybody else, even the course leader for the masters who I spoke to on the phone yday said it was odd. But yeah who knows, I'll wait and see.

I should imagine universities won't be rejecting many people this year - esp with the outrageous tutition fees

NHS students don't pay tuition fees lol

Absently
24-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Like I've already said to you, you're best to think that it's just a general thing they do (even if your others haven't done it) so if you get it, you can get extremely drunk and be like "OMG DIDN'T THINK I'D GET IT??!?!?!" :P

Adam
24-04-2013, 06:03 PM
They're going to steal your identity.

Zak
25-04-2013, 07:48 AM
No we were meant to bring details on the day of interview which I did, national insurance and proof of address was missing so my point was. Why would they bother even asking if I'd been unsuccessful surely they'd of just sent me a U on ucas after this long instead of trying to get them from me lol. Never heard of it happening to anybody else, even the course leader for the masters who I spoke to on the phone yday said it was odd. But yeah who knows, I'll wait and see.

NHS students don't pay tuition fees lol

Ahhhh, now I see why you might not get in :P

Good luck!

Catchy
25-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Just spoke to admissions and they said the documents which I were missing are for the CRB check, soooo... Looking positive as they obviously don't need to CRB every applicant only the successful ones. Also said something like once we get the documents we'll be able to make you a conditional offer

Shar
27-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Well done Jake :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!