PDA

View Full Version : Megabus or National Express

Blinger
25-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Hello, wonderful kiddies.
Has anyone traveled with both Megabus and National Express? Which one is better in your experience?
I'm going to travel from London to Manchester and one Megabus is 2 pounds cheaper than the other both taking about the same amount of time and arriving within 10 minutes..

Thread moved here by Bolt660 (Forum Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything' as its more suited here.

Martin
25-04-2013, 05:28 AM
I've used national express quite a few times and its always been fine for me! Can't really comment on megabus though, not seen any of those around here!

The national express coach was pretty and had a toilet!

Narnat,
25-04-2013, 12:28 PM
I have used both and I think they're both pretty good but I tend to use megabus a little more there service for me has always been good.

Cerys
25-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I have never seen a megabus before, but I have travelled on the National Express and it's fairly decent! See a lot of them on motorways too, so it must be popular

Shockwave.2CC
25-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I have never ever seen a megabus so wouldn't know

National Express buses are nice

Blinger
12-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Just in case anyone actually wants to know from experience, megabus was better. It was cheaper, the seats felt more comfortable, it was quiet (although both may be), and it arrived in time. Cannot complain about value for money, and for £5 all of England travel on Wednesdays, its a winner all right.

Samantha.
12-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Megabus is really cheap, I'd recommend it to people without a doubt!

I've gone from Cheltenham to London before for £5 each way which is so cheap compared to National Express which was about £20 each way.

Special
12-06-2013, 12:29 PM
just go with the cheapest & fastest they're still gonna be busses

buttons
12-06-2013, 04:37 PM
megabus is fine but NOT when you're doing long journeys, get loads of junkies on ours. id pick national express if its only a few quid dearer cause worth it..

Mark
12-06-2013, 07:38 PM
megabus is fine but NOT when you're doing long journeys, get loads of junkies on ours. id pick national express if its only a few quid dearer cause worth it..

This really. Although I don't usually travel by bus for longer journeys I would definitely pay the extra few quid for a better journey experience.

FlyingJesus
12-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I'd only say that Nat Exp is better because it has more destinations - Megabus has a few set cities it'll travel to/from and you're stuck other than that but good prices obv

Oddly when I went to Liverpool it was £10 each way on Nat Exp and it's costing us £12.40 each way to Birmingham when it's like 2/3 the distance

Metric1
13-06-2013, 06:11 AM
i dont take busses.

JACKTARD
13-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Everyone I know gets the Megabus rather than National Express because it's cheaper but they've never really complained other than when they have someone rank sitting next to them haha.

Blinger
18-06-2013, 08:07 PM
i dont take busses.
Then why would you even bother to reply, seriously?

To be diddly honest with everyone, as a backpacker with plenty of spare time on my hands I am more than willing to save 15-20 pounds and take 3-4 hours longer on a bus than sit on a train. I can sit down, read my book and listen to music simultaneously without a care in the world.

-:Undertaker:-
20-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I only get National Express/have done - never been on a Megabus I don't think.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!