PDA

View Full Version : Tweet2Download

RyanDOT
25-04-2013, 09:02 PM
http://tweet2download.net/img/newlogo.png

About
Tweet2Download is an upcoming freebies website targeted at webmasters, providing free useful PHP scripts and web templates just by tweeting the download link.

When are you going to open the website?
We're currently working on the website, as well on some of the free content but we have decided to launch the website on Friday 17th May, just so we have time to include more content if needed and can sort out any errors.

Competition
As the launch date is in three weeks time, we decided to have a small launch competition. We're giving away five of £5 PayPal cash, that's right £25 altogether so there will be five different winners. All you have to do is to go on our website and just follow the instructions. You can enter once a day which will increase your chance of winning a prize (remember to use the same name and email address, or use Facebook to make it more easier). This competition will end on Friday 17th May, and the winners will be announced and contacted the next following day. Please note you must have a PayPal account to enter.

Need some help with the website?
At this moment, no. However if you follow us on Twitter then you'll be the first to know as we will be looking for some people when we launch the website.

If you've got any questions, feel free to reply or directly PM me.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/T2Dnet

today
25-04-2013, 10:16 PM
It's a weird idea, I'm guessing you tweet the download link and people just download or do people have to tweet the link to download the file?

Oh and the two blank "team' members either side of you look weird.

Whats with the crazy amount of twitter followers too..?

scottish
25-04-2013, 10:59 PM
98% fake followers lol, why fake/buy followers

RyanDOT
26-04-2013, 06:11 AM
It's a weird idea, I'm guessing you tweet the download link and people just download or do people have to tweet the link to download the file?

Oh and the two blank "team' members either side of you look weird.

Whats with the crazy amount of twitter followers too..?

I should of worded that better, but they have to tweet the link to access the download file.

About the second point, it's supposed to be like that but please provide a screenshot in case it's not showing up properly on your browser.

Regarding the twitter followers, someone decided to prank me and purchase followers, it hit over the 5k amount and I managed to get it down to 50 followers but its slowly increasing. Contacted twitter about it, hopefully should get a reply from them soon and sorted out quickly.

Thanks

today
26-04-2013, 06:01 PM
I should of worded that better, but they have to tweet the link to access the download file.

About the second point, it's supposed to be like that but please provide a screenshot in case it's not showing up properly on your browser.

Regarding the twitter followers, someone decided to prank me and purchase followers, it hit over the 5k amount and I managed to get it down to 50 followers but its slowly increasing. Contacted twitter about it, hopefully should get a reply from them soon and sorted out quickly.

Thanks

I mean the two blank profiles look stupid being black and no real photos.

Cixso
27-04-2013, 01:59 AM
I mean the two blank profiles look stupid being black and no real photos.

And it's not a professional photo. Looks like something you would stick on a personal profile.

RyanDOT
28-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I decided that I will be removing the team photos by the end of the day.

The competition is still up and running, just access the website and scroll down to be in the chance of winning some cash.

Mark
28-04-2013, 05:19 PM
I like the concept but unless the scripts etc are spectacular, I can't see it taking off. The vast majority of people care too much about their followers and in my case if I see an unfamiliar link on my timeline I tend to block/unfollow that person

today
28-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I like the concept but unless the scripts etc are spectacular, I can't see it taking off. The vast majority of people care too much about their followers and in my case if I see an unfamiliar link on my timeline I tend to block/unfollow that person

if the link was tweet2download.com/45dfh374 <-- Then I agree. I'll think something dodgy.

Mark
28-04-2013, 06:12 PM
if the link was tweet2download.com/45dfh374 <-- Then I agree. I'll think something dodgy.

Yeah, especially to people who are pretty clueless with technology/computers etc they'll worry it'll infect their machines

RyanDOT
29-04-2013, 08:56 AM

Thanks, our download links will most likely be 'tweet2download.net/s/script1.zip' and no-one will have access to the folder, as it will be locked. We're thinking to have a follow button as well as tweeting, but the user can tweet the link, download and wish to delete their tweet if they don't want it, we're not forcing them to keep the tweet on their timeline.

Only reason I took advantage of Twitter is because it's rapidly expanding, and social network marketing is the way forward nowadays. Just a tweet can promote anything, and that's why I've created this website to give something for free whilst getting the website name out there.

At the moment, we're only releasing a fair few scripts, it's not too basic nor too advanced. We're hoping to release two scripts and two web templates a month, then if everything is going to plan then we will be focusing on the bigger releases.

Cheers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!