Seem's a bit idiotic.

How comes you think that ?

Adam
27-04-2013, 01:43 PM
What an absolute load of nonsense.

iBlueBox
27-04-2013, 02:10 PM
How comes you think that ?

Education has always been key for basic civilisation.

bondyboy99
27-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Education has always been key for basic civilisation.

Did you watch till the end of the video ?

iBlueBox
27-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Did you watch till the end of the video ?

Yes I did.

bondyboy99
27-04-2013, 02:24 PM
He said, he's not talking about hating education, but hating school, as how can they test individuals, on te same test when were all different.

iBlueBox
27-04-2013, 02:29 PM
He said, he's not talking about hating education, but hating school, as how can they test individuals, on te same test when were all different.

School is an important institution for Education to work. You can test individuals with exams because the majority will always been shown grade wise.

lemons
27-04-2013, 02:32 PM
tht guy is dumb

bondyboy99
27-04-2013, 02:34 PM
School is an important institution for Education to work. You can test individuals with exams because the majority will always been shown grade wise.

Its not me saying it, I was just asking your opinion, but I think he speaks the truth

---------- Post added 27-04-2013 at 03:35 PM ----------

tht guy is dumb

*That

Teabags
27-04-2013, 02:35 PM
exams are the same conditions for everyone. Its a measure to show adaptability and intelligence of the masses. There are always going to be exceptions to this rule; but generally thanks to exams, it's so much easier to distinguish who would best fit what jobs etc. throughout society.

iBlueBox
27-04-2013, 02:36 PM
Its not me saying it, I was just asking your opinion, but I think he speaks the truth

---------- Post added 27-04-2013 at 03:35 PM ----------

*That

I never implied that you said it, I simply gave my opinion.

bondyboy99
27-04-2013, 02:38 PM
exams are the same conditions for everyone. Its a measure to show adaptability and intelligence of the masses. There are always going to be exceptions to this rule; but generally thanks to exams, it's so much easier to distinguish who would best fit what jobs etc. throughout society.

I'm not having a go but, are you saying if someone doesn't understand what 'x' means there not fit for a job, this is what im getting at

---------- Post added 27-04-2013 at 03:39 PM ----------

I never implied that you said it, I simply gave my opinion.

Haha OK :P

iBlueBox
27-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm not having a go but, are you saying if someone doesn't understand what 'x' means there not fit for a job, this is what im getting at

---------- Post added 27-04-2013 at 03:39 PM ----------

Haha OK :P

The criteria for a job is not on if the person knowns the answer to one specific question but the overall grades and levels of education you achieve. Without education or school it would be difficult for employers to employe those who have the required skills. Hence why education and tests are important.

Its like going into Nasa and complaining you didn't get a job because one person has a degree in physics and you have a GCSE Grade C,

Kyle
27-04-2013, 02:59 PM
The poem isn't about school not being important, it's about the redundancy of most of the curriculum in the real world and the fact that some parents/teachers will happily justify it with the excuse of "it'll help you get a good degree and a better job". It's about the flawed testing system we have that essentially relies on memory capacity rather than actual relevant ability.

Yes some exams are important in a number of professional jobs like engineering and such, but when it comes to things that don't require knowledge of Pythagoras' theorem or pathetic fallacy, why are we still told that learning this is 'imperative to success' - it's not.

I really like spoken word poetry and some aspects of this piece certainly do ring true. :)

Adam
27-04-2013, 03:00 PM
When I grow up I want to be an 'x' finder.

lemons
27-04-2013, 03:11 PM
*That

dnt need u telling me how to spell thx

Teabags
27-04-2013, 03:22 PM

You're not quite understanding.
Just as an extreme example: say somebody is unable to correctly use Pythagoras' theorem, I wouldn't deem them fit to be a theoretical physicist. So in this case, yes, they are unfit.

That doesn't mean to say that they aren't an excellent poet, etc. Exams indicate/ give a truer representation of people strengths in certain subjects. Employers, therefore, can use this to get a realistic idea of what potential candidates are good at through an independent body.

MKR&*42
27-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I agree.

enough said lol.

FlyingJesus
27-04-2013, 03:28 PM
If you're so much better at non-academic stuff that school exams are rendered useless, what possible job could you be wanting that you would actually be any good at?

Sian
27-04-2013, 03:48 PM
i love education, but exams show sod all. As I continuously prove in my educational life.

bondyboy99
27-04-2013, 04:07 PM
dnt need u telling me how to spell thx

You said he is dumb, but you can spell?

Empired
27-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Maybe if he had paid more attention to his exams he would notice that sixty-eight and eighty-eight don't rhyme..

But in all seriousness, I hate exams but they are important. Maybe they don't show who is the most imaginative or creative, but they teach children to work hard if they want success. You can be really clever without working much at all at primary school, but if you want good results for your GCSE's, A-Levels, etc, you need to study.

And anyway, exams drive students to want to be the best. If there's no way of measuring how good people are, nobody will ever be motivated enough to do as much as they can.

Teabags
27-04-2013, 06:13 PM
i love education, but exams show sod all. As I continuously prove in my educational life.
http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

lemons
27-04-2013, 06:50 PM

really cant stress how much i hate people like you who moan over how people spell online lol.....

and yes he is dumb he failed his exams and is trying to make out they are a waste of time

MKR&*42
27-04-2013, 07:02 PM
really cant stress how much i hate people like you who moan over how people spell online lol.....

I +1 this so much.

Oh OT I agree. idk.

scottish
27-04-2013, 07:10 PM

There's a difference between intelligence and laziness.

Chippiewill
27-04-2013, 07:13 PM
School doesn't teach you stuff you need to know, it teaches you how to learn other stuff. The guy missed the point.

karter
27-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Well examinations ARE important? I have mixed opinions on this to be honest, I think people with more knowledge deserve better and on the other hand I feel that grades crush the real worth and talent in some people. meh I found the video a little immature

bondyboy99
27-04-2013, 07:33 PM

and yes he is dumb he failed his exams and is trying to make out they are a waste of time

You hate people like me? no I was pointing out that you are saying he is dumb, but you cant spell correctly.

Chippiewill
27-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I personally believe you are the spawn of the devil for not typing the Queen's English. Why should I have to spend extra effort putting up with your incapability to spell properly. txt spk is 4 txting kkbitnx. We do not have a meaningful bandwidth limit for text on the internet, nor do we have difficulty in typing out full and proper words on a computer.

Sian
27-04-2013, 09:59 PM
http://images.wikia.com/random-ness/images/6/6b/Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

or crazy? :p

they show one thing, with a lot of people I know, that under pressure not everyone can remember enough detail and information to coherent answer a question.

In my opinion, the best way to judge someone's competence with a subject, is through general essay writing and assignments which can show if they actually understand the stuff they've been learning.

that answer makes more sense.

Teabags
27-04-2013, 10:31 PM
or crazy? :p

they show one thing, with a lot of people I know, that under pressure not everyone can remember enough detail and information to coherent answer a question.

In my opinion, the best way to judge someone's competence with a subject, is through general essay writing and assignments which can show if they actually understand the stuff they've been learning.

that answer makes more sense.
anybody can write coherently without pressure. If I had a test, I'd just go away and research the answers; that's not difficult.

In the real world, there's pressure. Exams, therefore, must actually be a better measure.

Mark
27-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Can't take this video seriously at all

Teabags
27-04-2013, 10:36 PM
You hate people like me? no I was pointing out that you are saying he is dumb, but you cant spell correctly.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uo0H4mQAc0Q/UIrfp1z_VmI/AAAAAAAAC78/3N50A5lWi_8/s1600/0.jpg
Zitrone get some real reasons to dislike someone & just because you fail your exams doesn't mean you can't ever be successful.

Bolt660 can you merge my posts, please?

Ardemax
28-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm totally ok with people having this kind of "I don't care about my results" attitude, it's cute. Cya in KFC.

Matthew
29-04-2013, 12:27 PM

I think you meant "can't"? :P

and clearly he's not typing out in full because... what's the need to? Do you type out in full when you text? (although predictive texting makes that argument a bit redundant now I suppose)

and IMO of course exam results should go some way to dictate your future- they show intelligence better than anything I can think of.

If I'm applying to be a maths teacher.. then surely an A at further maths shows that I am better for the job than a C at single maths?

Calum0812
29-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Now now guys. Who's bullying MY Bondy?! @bondyboy99 (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=111907);

Edited by Matts (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly!

Kardan
29-04-2013, 01:49 PM
The poem isn't about school not being important, it's about the redundancy of most of the curriculum in the real world and the fact that some parents/teachers will happily justify it with the excuse of "it'll help you get a good degree and a better job". It's about the flawed testing system we have that essentially relies on memory capacity rather than actual relevant ability.

Yes some exams are important in a number of professional jobs like engineering and such, but when it comes to things that don't require knowledge of Pythagoras' theorem or pathetic fallacy, why are we still told that learning this is 'imperative to success' - it's not.

I really like spoken word poetry and some aspects of this piece certainly do ring true. :)

Very true, but for example, if kids were not taught Pythagoras' theorem at school, how would we get any engineers etc. :P

If you leave school at 16, take college courses specific to one thing, or even certain A-Levels, then some stuff you learnt at school will basically become redundant. But there are probably just as many things that will become useful to you later in life, but you just don't know you need them yet. Hindsight is very helpful here :P

To be on topic, I think exams are the way forward, whether the current exams/curriculum are the way forward is a different question :P

LiquidLuck.
01-05-2013, 10:35 AM
This is what people who get nowhere in life say.. It's not about what you'll remember, it's about the knowledge you acquire and actually someday in your life you WILL use it, because if you don't know, people will think you are dumb.

You're not supposed to learn about survival in school btw, you're supposed to learn it at home. And people aren't evaluate the same way, if you don't think you have what it takes to get the right grades for the future you want, find a second way to get it, like a professional course. These courses are getting even more popular, and you can get far with them. They evaluate your qualities not as much with exams, but with things you do during the classes. And in normal classes, that is also evaluated, as well as work you do at home, and even if you make an effort to do it, you will get a good grade.

I think this music is just stupid, to be totally honest.

Demi
01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
This is why society is going the way it is, with idiots like him allowing young children that 'hate' school follow him...
There is enough to worry about in schools, now I agree with some subjects not used but it isn't just you learning Pythagoras etc... It's what you gain from it, logical thinking, problem solving, ideas, LEARNING HOW TO WORK THINGS OUT AND THINK.

Sorry, idiots like him, were probably failures in school. Managed to get a good clip on YouTube on the radio. That's it, he will be popular for about a year. Then what? Success? Nah.

Over & OUT.

buttons
01-05-2013, 04:21 PM
ew shut up people if he doesn't want to do exams and wants to try work his way up without them then ALL THE POWER TO HIM. not all successful people did well in exams and you can always go back to education. worry about ur own future. zZzZz.

Adam
01-05-2013, 04:38 PM
ew shut up people if he doesn't want to do exams and wants to try work his way up without them then ALL THE POWER TO HIM. not all successful people did well in exams and you can always go back to education. worry about ur own future. zZzZz.
goes both ways, why can he preach to people saying that school is ****? that's freedom of speech.

Zak
01-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm totally ok with people having this kind of "I don't care about my results" attitude, it's cute. Cya in KFC.

Lmao that's what I thought.

Exams are gay no doubt but I think they accurately measure a person's ability in a subject.. Exams ensure that you actually know what you're talking about.. and not using Google to help you (assignment work). I'm all for exams.

A lot of good jobs require degrees today, even my own. If I didn't have a degree.. I wouldn't have even got an interview (most companies work on a points system).

buttons
01-05-2013, 04:48 PM
goes both ways, why can he preach to people saying that school is ****? that's freedom of speech.
yeah exactly im saying he can have his freedom of speech too
adam swear down all ur posts are ITS MY OPINION. im js if he doesn't want to do exams cool good for him no need to call him an idiot failure etc when there are people who have been successful without exams. school is ****, ive learnt more through experience, books and other people than anything in school. i do agree that we have to try our best at examscause that's wht employers look at it but don't agree that it shows who is better suited for a job than another

Adam
01-05-2013, 04:53 PM
everything on this forum is my opinion. otherwise what would be the point.

buttons
01-05-2013, 04:57 PM
yeh and u don't need to bring it up that it's your opinion whenever someone disagrees with u... We know its your opinion lol my opinion is why care about someone else's life/future and it's also my opinion that u can't predict someone will be be unsuccessful without exam results or that someone with exam results will be successful.

Inseriousity.
01-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Schooling is a system. It won't be perfect and will always have its flaws and a system will never be able to cater for everyone. They just can't operate like that, people will slip through the net. I think there are many forms of intelligence and schooling heavily focuses on academic intelligence but there are plenty more and it's wrong to say that one is more worthwhile than another. However, to critique a system, I believe you also need to suggest alternatives. It's just lazy critique otherwise.

"Schools don't teach anything relevant. Do we really need to learn Pythagoras theorem?" okay fair enough, what do you want schools to teach then? What would your curriculum be? For example.

Adam
01-05-2013, 05:00 PM
so you agree this video is worthless because you are who you are and nobody has any right to tell people what to do?

Sulake1234
01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Is everyone on here from Britain??? I can tell because people are uptight, and prim and proper.

lemons
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Is everyone on here from Britain??? I can tell because people are uptight, and prim and proper.

rude stereotypical cow

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!