PDA

View Full Version : Fansite Policy

Daltron
01-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Is there a fansite radio policy Habbo gives out to fansites about the rules they must follow?

I was shocked today when a friend alerted me to listen to thishabbo and they were discussing sexual activities in extreme, shocking details live on air. It was so bizarre, so I recorded it all to show the help tool but I wonder if there is a public policy I could quote in the ticket.

This dj was so strange, she was on air with her friend and they were openly being racist and slandering people with orange hair, discussing how to carry out different sexual acts .

Then they went on about how they were getting requests to stop talking about it all and they said they were head of the department and could talk about whatever they wanted lmao. Then they begun to kick people who looked like they may be muslim (I assume from their event room) and mock them live on air.

+rep for any link to a radio policy they must follow!

Michael
01-05-2013, 06:10 AM
http://www.habbo.com/articles/

Calum0812
01-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm glad to be apart of HxL which uphold much higher standards.
I mean, there could be 8 year olds listening...

Daltron
01-05-2013, 11:18 AM

That was my reaction, like there may be young teens not even exposed to stuff like this in any aspect of their lives and all of a sudden..

Kardan
01-05-2013, 11:30 AM
I must say HxL isn't as bad as how you describe, but I have heard some unacceptable things on there before...

Calum0812
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I must say HxL isn't as bad as how you describe, but I have heard some unacceptable things on there before...

Bad DJs are normally kicked off air and dismissed, right Foregetfuhl;?

Aiden
01-05-2013, 02:11 PM
lmfaooo great way to go thishabbo; at least it gives you something to post about irl :P

Calum0812
01-05-2013, 02:40 PM
lmfaooo great way to go thishabbo; at least it gives you something to post about irl :P

Us? Discussing other fansites issues? You must be mistaken :P

Aiden
01-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Us? Discussing other fansites issues? You must be mistaken :P

What do you mean? Plus people love to talk about how bad other fansites are (y).

Calum0812
01-05-2013, 02:45 PM
What do you mean? Plus people love to talk about how bad other fansites are (y).

My post was #Sarcastic irl *rolls eyes*
Another chance for us Habboxians to show how supreme we are :P

Hidden
01-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Well you should really tell a radio manager at thishabbo than reporting it straight to habbo. That is the whole point of having managers at sites.

AgnesIO
01-05-2013, 03:43 PM
The funny thing is the two DJ's probably haven't been anywhere near sexual intercourse in the first place.

Sounds like some losers looking to be older than they really are..

Tyrell
01-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Telling Channel 4 immediately.

Calum0812
01-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Telling Channel 4 immediately.

That made me laugh irl

I'm sure every fansite has its fair share if bad moments. This is one for ThisHabbo...

e5
01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Lol, as if they thought this was ok to do...

Post the audio, with spoilers and warning!!

Catchy
01-05-2013, 04:25 PM
omg yes please post it I want to hear

DJ-Dez
Lol, as if they thought this was ok to do...

Post the audio, with spoilers and warning!!

Yeah, please do. I'd like to know which DJ it was so we can take action. Should of PM'd an Administrator - but as usual, post elsewhere so we have no idea about the issue.

Inspiration
Sorry about this. If you can give me the exact time, it will be sorted immediately. We don't normally have content like this on air and we don't tolerate it, we aim to have age appropriate content at all times as we are fully aware of the listener target due to us catering for a habbo Fansite. We even have rules in place for playing swear songs which are actively enforced on a daily basis.

I apologize on behalf of the Radio DJ's and If I can get the time period, this issue will be dealt with and appropriate sanctions placed on the DJ's responible. Normally if you tune in, our shows are of good quality as thishabbo prides itself on it's raido.

Aiden
01-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Post it! :D Seems interesting :L

e5
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
u better sort it

Sorry about this. If you can give me the exact time, it will be sorted immediately. We don't normally have content like this on air and we don't tolerate it, we aim to have age appropriate content at all times as we are fully aware of the listener target due to us catering for a habbo Fansite. We even have rules in place for playing swear songs which are actively enforced on a daily basis.

I apologize on behalf of the Radio DJ's and If I can get the time period, this issue will be dealt with and appropriate sanctions placed on the DJ's responible. Normally if you tune in, our shows are of good quality as thishabbo prides itself on it's raido.

Mr-Trainor
01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Well you should really tell a radio manager at thishabbo than reporting it straight to habbo. That is the whole point of having managers at sites.
It sounds as though this person could have been the radio manager? I would definitely go to the general management/owners of the site, but as the fansite is official, I think Habbo should also be notified.

Then they went on about how they were getting requests to stop talking about it all and they said they were head of the department and could talk about whatever they wanted lmao.

A
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
ThisHabbo already have their status pending, so I doubt this is the last thing they know, but I doubt there's a policy, just stick to the habbo rules LMAO.

Daltron
01-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I will share the YouTube link once I have gotten a response from the help tool. For those saying I should have told a manager, these 2 made it clear they had that authority already..

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 07:19 AM ----------

Yeah, please do. I'd like to know which DJ it was so we can take action. Should of PM'd an Administrator - but as usual, post elsewhere so we have no idea about the issue.

Why would I go out of my way and tell an administrator who would probably not even look into it when I can directly tell habbo, it's people like those on air saying rude things that cause huge problems for the younger habbo community and in turn create problems for the rest of us like the great mute. I'm off to class all day but ill pm you the names of the djs tonight if its any help. You're probably the only person at th who would actually do something.

Foregetfuhl
01-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Bad DJs are normally kicked off air and dismissed, right Foregetfuhl;?

We have quality PMs and then warnings as needed in regards to behaviour on air, if anything bad does happen then myself, mark or GM can kick them off air. They know the rules and they generally follow them.

Rachel
01-05-2013, 11:08 PM

I agree! Habbo does have rules for fansites to follow. I think it is a disgrace for a fansite like Thishabbo staff acting like this. It should be reported to Sulake personally I think.

Habbox has quite stable rules and standards. I have never seen anyone here acting immature like thishabbo staff. Their management wouldn`t care less if they break 10 000 rules.

There is a difference when Owners, managements and staff and all departments here. Thishabbo seems to have 8 years old probably owning a fansite who is not even mature and Habbox has great managers, owners and staff at least we all act our age and follow the expectations that they want us to follow.

Hidden
02-05-2013, 12:03 AM
I don't get what Habbo will do anyway, ban them... or inform the owner? I pick inform the owner...

Also.. sexual explicit on radio and your moaning about it.. what age are you? 10? Who even cares

Rachel
02-05-2013, 02:38 AM
I don't get what Habbo will do anyway, ban them... or inform the owner? I pick inform the owner...

Also.. sexual explicit on radio and your moaning about it.. what age are you? 10? Who even cares

I am 22 years old and I can tell you I still don`t want to hear non sence on air. Those who are mature would care and act about it and I am talking to those who works there. I still don`t appriciate a DJ playing, talking sexual stuff and racist stuff on air. Different group ages listen to the radio and I don`t think it would be nice for them to hear this tbh, what if their parents listens to it? What would their reaction would be. They would say to their kids do not go to that fansite anymore then that fansite lose a staff and possibly more staff if it continues and users / listeners leaving overall!

Habbox doesn`t have this problem. Our Managers/ senior Managers do not tolerate that stuff and immediate removal if a DJ talks racist and sexual conversation!

Daltron
02-05-2013, 06:38 AM

You're right, how silly of me to moan about young children being exposed to this sort of stuff. What on earth am I thinking, I am sure kids as young as 12 (maybe younger) love hearing about how to have *** on the beach and how to partake in a*** ***, really educational. Lol..

I am 22 years old and I can tell you I still don`t want to hear non sence on air. Those who are mature would care and act about it and I am talking to those who works there. I still don`t appriciate a DJ playing, talking sexual stuff and racist stuff on air. Different group ages listen to the radio and I don`t think it would be nice for them to hear this tbh, what if their parents listens to it? What would their reaction would be. They would say to their kids do not go to that fansite anymore then that fansite lose a staff and possibly more staff if it continues and users / listeners leaving overall!

Habbox doesn`t have this problem. Our Managers/ senior Managers do not tolerate that stuff and immediate removal if a DJ talks racist and sexual conversation!

You're 100% right.

Inspiration
02-05-2013, 08:53 AM

If an admin was notified about this such as myself, the issue would of been dealt with there and then. This is a very rare occurance on thishabbo and you only need to tune in more often to notice that. I've heard stuff like this onhabbox, hffm habcrazy etc. I'm not making excuses for the behaviour of our staff as I disagree with it as much as ye guys do, but I've PM'ed Datlron about the issue asking for the recording so I can sanction and deal with the staff myself but he doesn't reply. I'm willing to fix this and I've already apologized on behalf of the DJ's but I can't do anything without the voiceclip. Our senior staff don't tolerate this either and warnings are enforced daily for this type of behaviour but due to the time, no admin was online until a few hours later and as soon as we heard about the issue we investigated it and will continue to do so. I can't really say much more as I don't know the exact content of the show.

Hidden
02-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Okay so if I become staff and say rude stuff online what is going to happen... somebody reports it straight to Habbo because it's not like you can stop me saying it after I am a DJ. :S

This is the exact point I am making.
XxZammyxX;

Daltron; okay so kids have never heard about this in school? I'm pretty sure people at 12 know all about this these days... especially when they are having sex in habbo beds.

AgnesIO
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I will share the YouTube link once I have gotten a response from the help tool. For those saying I should have told a manager, these 2 made it clear they had that authority already..

---------- Post added 02-05-2013 at 07:19 AM ----------

Why would I go out of my way and tell an administrator who would probably not even look into it when I can directly tell habbo, it's people like those on air saying rude things that cause huge problems for the younger habbo community and in turn create problems for the rest of us like the great mute. I'm off to class all day but ill pm you the names of the djs tonight if its any help. You're probably the only person at th who would actually do something.

Just post the link now (or it didn't happen blah blah lol)

No point in waiting for help tool response though, particularly as they take way over two weeks to respond...

Rachel
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Okay so if I become staff and say rude stuff online what is going to happen... somebody reports it straight to Habbo because it's not like you can stop me saying it after I am a DJ. :S

Um yes I just report it to the Radio manager and head DJs and they will kick you offair and give you a fair warning. And reporting it to sulake might take time but if they start acting about it a lot of fansites will lose members.

Hidden
02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Um yes I just report it to the Radio manager and head DJs and they will kick you offair and give you a fair warning. And reporting it to sulake might take time but if they start acting about it a lot of fansites will lose members.
So you just proved my point, you will report it to radio manager and head djs. Yet none of you done that here you all just started talking **** and reporting straight to sulake.

Rachel
02-05-2013, 11:13 PM
So you just proved my point, you will report it to radio manager and head djs. Yet none of you done that here you all just started talking **** and reporting straight to sulake.

Um its cause we never had any problems like this here. Our staff is mature enough to follow the rules and have fun at the same time. Don't come here and complain that your staff does because to be honest its not our problem just it should be reported to managers and sulake and make sure they are banned!

Hidden
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Um its cause we never had any problems like this here. Our staff is mature enough to follow the rules and have fun at the same time. Don't come here and complain that your staff does because to be honest its not our problem just it should be reported to managers and sulake and make sure they are banned!

I don't work at ThisHabbo nor any other fansite, so your point is invalid.

Rachel
03-05-2013, 12:20 AM
I don't work at ThisHabbo nor any other fansite, so your point is invalid.

Well then stop rhyming simple! One of these days habbo will do something about staff at ThisHabbo as it is just immature people who doesn`t want to follow rules. I am not pointing at you I am pointing to those who does that on air at ThisHabbo.

Hidden
03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Well then stop rhyming simple! One of these days habbo will do something about staff at ThisHabbo as it is just immature people who doesn`t want to follow rules. I am not pointing at you I am pointing to those who does that on air at ThisHabbo.

As a fansite staff you should respect the fact that the owners of thishabbo wanted to be informed before habbo so they can take action before it got worse.

Rachel
03-05-2013, 01:17 AM
As a fansite staff you should respect the fact that the owners of thishabbo wanted to be informed before habbo so they can take action before it got worse.

I personally go straight to Habbo and report it along with the management. But it seems their management don`t even care if they talk about sexuality and being racist on air. They should be removed from the team who ever does that!

Hidden
03-05-2013, 01:47 AM
I personally go straight to Habbo and report it along with the management. But it seems their management don`t even care if they talk about sexuality and being racist on air. They should be removed from the team who ever does that!

Well the management obviously does care if they took time to come here and post about it.

Rachel
03-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Well the management obviously does care if they took time to come here and post about it.

Well they should act about it not say it.

Daltron
03-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Going to close this thread now, since it's just turning into a huge pointless argument. I asked for the policy and got it! :)

Well they should act about it not say it.

Everything you have said is right and in line, just ignore that guy he seems to pick an argument with everyone/be extremely negative about everything.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!