PDA

View Full Version : The Last of Us

Southe,
02-05-2013, 11:01 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e171/southe89/The-Last-of-Us-Cropped_zpsf26da0cb.png (http://s39.photobucket.com/user/southe89/media/The-Last-of-Us-Cropped_zpsf26da0cb.png.html)

The story is set two decades after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions, with nature gradually retaking the abandoned cities and towns. The survivors are hemmed inside quarantine zones, completely under the heel of the United States military, with order and screening for any Infected being viciously maintained under martial law. Joel, a hardened black-marketeer within one of the quarantine zones, goes through an event which makes him promise an old friend that he will get a young, fourteen year old girl named Ellie, away from the harsh regime to a resistance group known as the Fireflies. They begin a journey through the U.S., avoiding the Infected, humanoid creatures whose sole aim has become spreading the fungal infection. Joel and Ellie also have to avoid scavengers that survive outside the quarantine zones who see Joel and Ellie as their latest prey. Adding to their problems, the military is determined to find Ellie and bring her back under their power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKcwNIPiGKc

[*=center]Will you be buying?
[*=center]What edition will you be buying? (Normal. Joel, Ellie)
[*=center]Thoughts on the game?

dbgtz
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
1 - Yes. Comes out on the day of my last exam too which is such good timing. Though chances are I'd receive it the day before which will suck.
2 - Ellie (don't forget this is an international forum and the USA and probably some other areas have different special editions).
3 - Looks bloody good.

Southe,
03-05-2013, 07:46 PM
1. Yes, Comes out on the middle of my 2 week holiday so can just plow right through it.
2. Joel UK LE forgot US had a different one, was only £44 was a steal in my eyes.
3. Awesome. Love NaughtyDog

Southe,
14-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Came today, that's my weekend planned.

Chris
14-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Mine arrived yesterday but I've not played too much yet. Starting to get into it now though.

Chris
14-06-2013, 06:31 PM
There was a bug with autosave which meant it would stop saving the game and would just display "Autosaving. Please wait". I've lost about 3 hours worth of gameplay. :(

Southe,
14-06-2013, 06:40 PM
same i lost 2 its fixed now tho

dbgtz
14-06-2013, 07:42 PM
I've lost none, I feel special.

What are peoples thoughts so far?

Southe,
14-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Amazing. Played mostly Multi player today due to the glitch basic but enjoyable the first 2 hours i played of the single player was good the prologue well well done i thought.

couple trolls on amazon. Pop on and give it a nice wee 5 star review ;)

Psn is RoronoaSouthe if anyone wants to add :Thumbs-Up:

Chris
14-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Amazing. Played mostly Multi player today due to the glitch basic but enjoyable the first 2 hours i played of the single player was good the prologue well well done i thought.

couple trolls on amazon. Pop on and give it a nice wee 5 star review ;)

Psn is RoronoaSouthe if anyone wants to add :Thumbs-Up:

Whats the mp like? I've seen a few pictures but I don't know anything else about it.

Southe,
14-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Bluntly because im playing it now xD you have a clan and by playing matches you get resources somewhat. 2 matches there both 4vs4
Survivors = no respawns first to win 4 rounds wins
Supply Raid = 20 shared respawns last team standing wins.

It's not amazing but i find it enjoyable and i don't normally play multi-player on games.

Chris
20-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Finished it today, it was a gripping and emotional story. Game of the year for me.

Now to hit MP.

samsaBEAR
26-06-2013, 12:00 AM
It's been the only game released in eight years that has made me want a PS3. They're about £170 at GAME atm second hand so hopefully they come down in price sometime soon so I can play through it.

dbgtz
26-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Is anyone doing this in survivor difficulty? I'm around half way through it at the moment and it doesn't seem that much harder, though maybe I'm just thinking more about my actions rather than just going in on easy not caring if I'm seen :P

Southe,
30-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Just got round to finishing it on hard. Good game. Now for easy mode and try get all the collectables. leaving Surv + Surv+ for down the line when i fancy replaying it.

Found out last night Nolan North was the voice of David as well. Voice of Drake.

nvm just gonna do Hard+ again.

StevenWinehouse
30-06-2013, 05:18 PM
It looks so good. I wanna get it when I return to the states

Southe,
02-07-2013, 06:29 PM
In my 2nd play through, not really a spoiler but still

i got to the bit where Sam want's to take a toy and is told not to. Stood next to Ellie and she didn't move, so i walked backwards watching her and she kneels down and takes the toy. and obviously gives it to him later on

It's the small things that make the game good, and i like Ish's side story

Neil
04-07-2013, 12:11 AM
Been playing this the past couple of days, it's alright, not exactly the best game ever, the story is alright, a couple of the characters are likable and the gameplay is ok, visually it's pretty horrific though, pretty poor textures ruin some pretty good views the game has to offer, the motion blur effect just makes things even worse, it seems like the game should have been held back for the PS4 launch really

Southe,
04-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I thought visually the game looked good? i can't think of any faults aside from the day 1 glitch i haven't came across any problems. Still rate it a 10/10 and consider it the best Ps3 exclusive.

Neil
04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
I thought visually the game looked good? i can't think of any faults aside from the day 1 glitch i haven't came across any problems. Still rate it a 10/10 and consider it the best Ps3 exclusive.

Just leaving the game alone and looking towards scenery it does look good, but when you start moving or looking around it starts to get ugly, the texture pop in is pretty stupid sometimes, I remember seeing a car that looking like it was covered in poo, then the texture eventually loaded to show what they intended it to look like, the loading times are horrible as well, this is one of those games that should of had a mandatory install, or at least an optional one
And don't even get me started on reviews, this game does not deserve 10/10, in my opinion a 7 at most, it's clearly overrated, NaughtyDog have done far better than this in the past, and that's not talking about the equally overrated Uncharted series, Jak and Daxter is the highlight of their library in my opinion
That's just my opinion anyway, as far as I see it the best exclusives PS3 has to offer is still the LBP games, I'll probably still finish the game, maybe the ending will surprise me although I'm not expecting much.
Just got to the part after the incident with Sam and his brother, probably only a few hours left in it.

dbgtz
04-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Just leaving the game alone and looking towards scenery it does look good, but when you start moving or looking around it starts to get ugly, the texture pop in is pretty stupid sometimes, I remember seeing a car that looking like it was covered in poo, then the texture eventually loaded to show what they intended it to look like, the loading times are horrible as well, this is one of those games that should of had a mandatory install, or at least an optional one
And don't even get me started on reviews, this game does not deserve 10/10, in my opinion a 7 at most, it's clearly overrated, NaughtyDog have done far better than this in the past, and that's not talking about the equally overrated Uncharted series, Jak and Daxter is the highlight of their library in my opinion
That's just my opinion anyway, as far as I see it the best exclusives PS3 has to offer is still the LBP games, I'll probably still finish the game, maybe the ending will surprise me although I'm not expecting much.
Just got to the part after the incident with Sam and his brother, probably only a few hours left in it.

My personal favourite part is yet to come for you so I wouldn't be too critical just yet, but saying that I would agree it's not a 10/10. I think it did come at a time when zombie games are being pumped out quite similar to one another and TLOU just happens to stand out from the rest of them.

I'd also agree with LBP, probably the game which stands out most for me this generation. Just hoping there's a LBP3 for PS4 (which doesn't have to be 2.5d).

Southe,
04-07-2013, 07:18 PM

I didn't notice any texture problems, either i was lucky or i was enjoying the game to much and didn't notice. Now if we are talking about Dead island then i noticed all of there texture problems. The initial load i didn't mind gave me time to get a drink and get myself sorted for a session. I still think its a 10/10. 10 doesn't mean its perfect or doesn't have flaws but i still rate the game very highly. I loved the Uncharted series but rate TLOU better. I've only played the 1st Jak & Daxter thought it was good. And obviously Crash is awesome.

Neil
04-07-2013, 11:41 PM
My personal favourite part is yet to come for you so I wouldn't be too critical just yet, but saying that I would agree it's not a 10/10. I think it did come at a time when zombie games are being pumped out quite similar to one another and TLOU just happens to stand out from the rest of them.

I'd also agree with LBP, probably the game which stands out most for me this generation. Just hoping there's a LBP3 for PS4 (which doesn't have to be 2.5d).

Guess I'll see if it picks up, the game isn't bad or anything, I just think people are giving it a bit more credit than it deserves, it has been the most I've played a PS3 game since LBP2 though, so I'll give it that at least

I didn't notice any texture problems, either i was lucky or i was enjoying the game to much and didn't notice. Now if we are talking about Dead island then i noticed all of there texture problems. The initial load i didn't mind gave me time to get a drink and get myself sorted for a session. I still think its a 10/10. 10 doesn't mean its perfect or doesn't have flaws but i still rate the game very highly. I loved the Uncharted series but rate TLOU better. I've only played the 1st Jak & Daxter thought it was good. And obviously Crash is awesome.

Dead Island was a far uglier game in general, but considering how The Last of Us seems to jump from looking fantastic to just plain horrible within seconds just ruins it for me, but ah well, that's just me, at least you're enjoying it. It seems most people are, just the odd few who didn't really find it to be that great.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!