PDA

View Full Version : Humanities and Education

Narnat,
03-05-2013, 01:49 PM
I want to be a primary School teacher and I have been looking at college course and I have come across one that's called 'Humanities and Education' does anyone know anything about this course as in what it entails, normally it says under the details what happens on the course but it's not here. So yeah does anyone know anything about it?

Cerys
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Oo good luck being a primary school teacher.. my mum is one and I never see her because all she does is work xD but she says its very rewarding:)

Can't say I know what the course involves though,sorry!

Narnat,
03-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Oo good luck being a primary school teacher.. my mum is one and I never see her because all she does is work xD but she says its very rewarding:)

Can't say I know what the course involves though,sorry!

That's cool, but thanks anyways! :)

Catchy
03-05-2013, 04:09 PM
This may help you https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/advice/planning/jobprofiles/Pages/primaryschoolteacher.aspx

but yeah I'm pretty sure you need a degree for any sort of teaching, so you will need to do a course which will enable you to get into uni. I'd recommend an access course maybe if you're above 18 and don't already hold the qualifications to get to uni atm. Not too sure if they do them in Scotland but they do here. It's course over a year which is designed to get you into university. Different courses available depending on what you want to do.

Yawn
03-05-2013, 09:34 PM
well i imagine it would have something to do with humanities and education

cant help any more, sorry!

Zak
04-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Any sort of degree will help you become a primary school teacher. My friend Scott is a primary school teacher he has a degree in history. One of my ex gfs is a primary school teacher too.. I'm pretty sure she did some sort of teaching education crappy degree as she's only 21. Usually people do their degree then a PCGE

Bradley.
04-05-2013, 08:48 PM
well i imagine it would have something to do with humanities and education

cant help any more, sorry!lol....... obv

Narnat,
05-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Any sort of degree will help you become a primary school teacher. My friend Scott is a primary school teacher he has a degree in history. One of my ex gfs is a primary school teacher too.. I'm pretty sure she did some sort of teaching education crappy degree as she's only 21. Usually people do their degree then a PCGE

oh that's helpful! Thank you :)

Zak
05-05-2013, 12:12 PM
oh that's helpful! Thank you :)

Glad you thought so, usually people just ignore what I say :P If you need any further info I can ask my friend Scott the kind of stuff he went through to get to where he is today. He has a lot more experience than moi as he is 29. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!