PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 4

Chris
06-05-2013, 06:25 PM
EA has announced The Sims 4. According to EA’s official site, The Sims 4 will be released in 2014 and will be available on both PC and Mac. EA has confirmed to IGN that the title will allow for "single-player and offline" play.

“The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world,” EA wrote. “Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.”

EA reports that more information on The Sims 4 will be released later today.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/the-sims-4-announced?+main+twitter

Glad they wont be doing always online like in Simcity. Hopefully they'll release some images or trailers soon.

Logo for anyone that cares:

http://cdn2-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/05/bjl4pptcuaagpcv.jpg

David
06-05-2013, 06:29 PM
they will probably ruin it with dlc

Jurv
06-05-2013, 06:33 PM
yesssssss i cannot wait & i should have a half decent computer by then too hahaha

wixard
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM
i love how they had to specify it was offline play after the simcity disaster HAHAHA

anyway, i'm excited for this. sims 3 was a bit of a letdown, i wonder what they'll change

MKR&*42
06-05-2013, 06:52 PM
I hated sims 3 so this better restore my interest in the sims again. Glad it's offline lmao.

dbgtz
06-05-2013, 09:04 PM
It may not have the internet requirements as Sim City, but you can tell it'll be another half arsed job aimed at milking the cash cow.

GommeInc
06-05-2013, 09:51 PM
It's going to bad and they should feel bad. The Sims 3 was abysmal. They will have to fire a lot of people to make the game good, they completely destroyed the franchise with The Sims 3 and because EA own it it's going to be crap regardless. Their game updates killed the game for so many people and at over £30 for the base game and well over £25 for each EP, it was certainly not worth the money, especially when some EPs had doubled up with some of the features from other EPs.

I certainly won't be pre-ordering it. They will have to improve ten fold to get any money out of me - I boycotted them ages ago and I hope I've not bought an EA product since then.

AgnesIO
06-05-2013, 11:01 PM
It's going to bad and they should feel bad. The Sims 3 was abysmal. They will have to fire a lot of people to make the game good, they completely destroyed the franchise with The Sims 3 and because EA own it it's going to be crap regardless. Their game updates killed the game for so many people and at over £30 for the base game and well over £25 for each EP, it was certainly not worth the money, especially when some EPs had doubled up with some of the features from other EPs.

I certainly won't be pre-ordering it. They will have to improve ten fold to get any money out of me - I boycotted them ages ago and I hope I've not bought an EA product since then.

Sims 3 was a good game, I thought.

----

Looking forward to seeing what they have to show off, only issue will be that the only pc's that can reasonably run it will need to be brand new etc ;l

GommeInc
06-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Sims 3 was a good game, I thought.

----

Looking forward to seeing what they have to show off, only issue will be that the only pc's that can reasonably run it will need to be brand new etc ;l
On paper it is, but it's incredibly repetitive and riddled with bugs. Why they thought it would be good to remove restaurants and shopping lots is unknown, and it's annoying how they chucked in story telling features for incredibly mundane things. The memory feature was bad too, and they seem to like reselling new features in later EPs, such as: vampires, washing machines and dryers. Plus the online store devalued the EPs and SPs, making them seem not worth the money for the fewer features you got.

It's pretty obvious why EA won worst company in the US for another year in a row, both for The Sims 3 and for SimCity.

A
06-05-2013, 11:22 PM
i'll be getting it, sounds good!

AgnesIO
07-05-2013, 07:42 AM
i'll be getting it, sounds good!

Stating you'll buy something before you have seen anything but the logo? Ok then lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

GoldenMerc
07-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Sims lost its touch years ago

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Adam
07-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Same old same old. I remember playing the first Sims and that got boring pretty quickly. And you didn't even have to pay for anything then.

Narnat,
07-05-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't know I feel like sims has taken a bit of a dive since sims 2. Also not a massive fan of the logo!

kois
07-05-2013, 06:34 PM
sooo soooooooooooo excited

A
07-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Stating you'll buy something before you have seen anything but the logo? Ok then lol

I buy all the sims LOL, so really don't bother me what it looks like, I have a feeling ittle be good x

Bails
07-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Why is everyone being so harsh :'(

The Sims is an amazing game 1 through 3. I will certainly be picking up Sims 4, and probably most of the expansions too.

AgnesIO
07-05-2013, 09:02 PM
I buy all the sims LOL, so really don't bother me what it looks like, I have a feeling ittle be good x

Nothing like a torrent :L

Zak
07-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I liked the Sims but after it went past the original I lost interest. Some games are better off left alone - like crash bandicoot ! :P

Chippiewill
07-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Series has been going downhill since Makin' Magic.

GommeInc
07-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Series has been going downhill since Makin' Magic.
Sims 2 wasn't that bad :P Why did you not like it? Admittedly, EA have never been able to emulate Superstar and Makin Magic in either 2 or 3, and those were amazing, but The Sims 2 brought in some interesting functionality in Apartments and University.

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Sims 2 wasn't that bad :P Why did you not like it? Admittedly, EA have never been able to emulate Superstar and Makin Magic in either 2 or 3, and those were amazing, but The Sims 2 brought in some interesting functionality in Apartments and University.

Was all about the Sims Bustin' Out on PS2 :D

GommeInc
08-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Was all about the Sims Bustin' Out on PS2 :D
That was pretty amazing, the only problem was the build limitations :( The Goths and their organ is my favourite memory.

Liva
08-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm still playing TS2. I didn't like the graphics in the third one, and the sim faces reminded me of ducks.
I hope it's good...

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 05:06 PM
That was pretty amazing, the only problem was the build limitations :( The Goths and their organ is my favourite memory.

Oh yeah that sucked - having to stick to the maximum amount of items etc - really annoying :L

Chippiewill
08-05-2013, 06:05 PM

It's not that Sims 2 was bad. It's just that Sims 1 was so good.

AgnesIO
08-05-2013, 06:58 PM
It's not that Sims 2 was bad. It's just that Sims 1 was so good.

Was it partially because of it being a new concept etc do you think?

Chippiewill
08-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Was it partially because of it being a new concept etc do you think?

Mostly I guess. Although there just wasn't much of an improvement, beyond graphics, on the original, gameplay wise it was a bit of a step-back just so they could milk out the same expansion packs all over again.

Compare that to something like Age of Empires where the second version got a ton of extra mapping/modding support, a proper campaign, proper multiplayer etc.

GommeInc
09-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Mostly I guess. Although there just wasn't much of an improvement, beyond graphics, on the original, gameplay wise it was a bit of a step-back just so they could milk out the same expansion packs all over again.

Compare that to something like Age of Empires where the second version got a ton of extra mapping/modding support, a proper campaign, proper multiplayer etc.
Hmm, can see your point really as far as Expansion Packs go. The first EP was University Life, which was impressive, but then you get Nightlife which was very similar to Hot Date (but without the ability to buy chocolates and flowers). The Sims 2 was better in terms of how Sims were animated and interacted with their environments. Instead of just children and adults, you now get toddlers, children, teens, adults and elders (babies in both games were non-controllable). Then you get the concept of weekends and different days of the week, something The Sims didn't have.

But there was something quirky about The Sims that I can't quite put my finger on and that must be what you like about it. Some of the EPs were good in that, like Makin' Magic and Superstar, The Sims 2 adn The Sims 3 have never made good enough EPs like them.

What I find frustrating about The Sims 3 is that it ignored the advances made in both The Sims and The Sims 2. Community lots have never been as good as they were in those games. They sacrificed a lot of interactions and features making an open neighbourhood - no toasting in restaurants or playing footsies, or enjoying group meals :P In The Sims 3 the Sims just stuff their faces at the dinner table - they do not wait for everyone to sit down and they usually finish their dinner and want to sod off and do some other boring anti-social activity.

Cerys
09-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I have the sims deluxe edition, and honestly I love it haha c:

I dunno if I'll be getting this, though. They seem to be lacking in.. funness? as more come out. If you see what I mean xP

karter
09-05-2013, 03:32 PM
i am so excited

Catchy
09-05-2013, 06:28 PM
The sims 3 was terrible. The sims 2 was my fav, I used to play with all the expansions and the custom content and loved it. Wont be getting the sims 4 though or even testing it I doubt... Reason being it's FAR too time consuming, you'll play it and by time you know it HOURS have past.

Paige.
10-05-2013, 04:01 PM
The sims 3 was terrible. The sims 2 was my fav, I used to play with all the expansions and the custom content and loved it. Wont be getting the sims 4 though or even testing it I doubt... Reason being it's FAR too time consuming, you'll play it and by time you know it HOURS have past.

sims 2 was my fav too!

i always get excited when they bring out a new sims, i remember my reaction when i first saw sims 3 advertised lol
definitely going to try it out when it's released

Ashley
10-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I bought Sims 3 and played it once for about an hour, then never again. I might give this one a shot, though.

AgnesIO
10-05-2013, 11:03 PM
I never played Sims 2, which may be why I thought Sims 3 was a good game :L

Daltron
11-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I loved the sims 2 seasons + university, my fav. I am a fan of the sims 3 for sure but not as much as sims 2. I am excited to see what is in store :)

peteyt
14-05-2013, 11:52 PM
The sims seem's to be just about trying to sell as many expansion packs these days. I bet a lot of the stuff sims 3 had expansion park wise will not be included in sims 4 so you'll need to buy the packs again only for a new one to be out in a few years time.

AgnesIO
15-05-2013, 10:26 AM
The sims seem's to be just about trying to sell as many expansion packs these days. I bet a lot of the stuff sims 3 had expansion park wise will not be included in sims 4 so you'll need to buy the packs again only for a new one to be out in a few years time.

In fairness, by the sim the Sims 4 is out players would have been able to use the Sims 3 for a good 5 years.

GommeInc
15-05-2013, 03:49 PM
They seem to keep pushing the store, too. The prices there are horrendous, yet people still want to use it :/ The Sims and The Sims 2 were popular because EA/Maxis loaded the Expansions with a lot of content which made it worth while, while The Sims 3 seems to be focusing on exclusive, premium store content which could happily of been merged into a few EPs and Stuff Packs.

One of the bundles offers 5,000 Sim Points at £24, which is about 208 per £. To buy the Poker and Roulette content, it will cost about £3.50 which is a lot for two items you will never physically own, let alone when The Sims 4 comes out there is no guarantee EA won't drop the content from their servers, so that's £3.50 lost. One of their latest Dragon Valley worlds which comes with Dragons, a World and some content costs $35, which is quite a lot - that's approaching Expansion Pack price, for so little content, other than Dragons.

Then there's the fact they keep releasing Expansion Packs as Limited Editions for when you pre-order, which means some people who impulse buy must have spent well over £200 if they've bought each EP and the Base Game, and considerably more with Stuff Packs and Store Content. It is a horrendously expensive game, and even more so when you think how buggy and unreliable it is without third party modders.

peteyt
15-05-2013, 11:26 PM
In fairness, by the sim the Sims 4 is out players would have been able to use the Sims 3 for a good 5 years.

Yeah but aren't they still releasing stuff? I don't mind some new expansion packs but it feels like their plan is simply to make a similar game to the last main game without the expansion packs so that people will have to buy them if they want their old stuff back. When you buy a new game you expect the same as last time but more and a lot better but it seems they just give less these days.

They seem to keep pushing the store, too. The prices there are horrendous, yet people still want to use it :/ The Sims and The Sims 2 were popular because EA/Maxis loaded the Expansions with a lot of content which made it worth while, while The Sims 3 seems to be focusing on exclusive, premium store content which could happily of been merged into a few EPs and Stuff Packs.

One of the bundles offers 5,000 Sim Points at £24, which is about 208 per £. To buy the Poker and Roulette content, it will cost about £3.50 which is a lot for two items you will never physically own, let alone when The Sims 4 comes out there is no guarantee EA won't drop the content from their servers, so that's £3.50 lost. One of their latest Dragon Valley worlds which comes with Dragons, a World and some content costs $35, which is quite a lot - that's approaching Expansion Pack price, for so little content, other than Dragons.

Then there's the fact they keep releasing Expansion Packs as Limited Editions for when you pre-order, which means some people who impulse buy must have spent well over £200 if they've bought each EP and the Base Game, and considerably more with Stuff Packs and Store Content. It is a horrendously expensive game, and even more so when you think how buggy and unreliable it is without third party modders.

Exactly. I was never a massive fan anyways. I did used to like the original and had some expansion packs but prefer other types of games, mainly First Person Shooters these days. I find now they get boring really quick.

On another note I do feel more people would buy the game if they included more of the expansion stuff from the previous games in the main game or even simply made them compatible e.g. a pet one for sims 3 would work as an expansion pack for sims 4. EA seems to want to stamp out piracy but to me their basically inviting it with their current model.

LiquidLuck.
16-05-2013, 06:37 AM
I want it idc :(

Kardan
16-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm going to be a lot more cautious before I buy this, considering I bought the disaster that was Sim City :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!