PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Ditch Corner Stacking Not Working?

Ahlux
10-05-2013, 03:34 AM
I have been trying to stack in my room with a ditch corner on and off today and it doesn't seem to be working. It was working just last night. Has anyone else been having any issues with it?

LoveToStack
10-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Yeah you're right it's not working. The issue isn't with ditches though. They are still acting like a table item with a height of 0.0 as far as I can tell. The problem is that 'slide stacking' (where you can roll items into a stack so long as it has a table item at the bottom of it) doesn't seem to be working at all. Because it doesn't work with cds, coins or z shelves either. It's likely just another problem associated with they "maintenance" which has been causing bugs all throughout the week.

You can report it to staff and they'll try to fix it.

But yeah, when it gets fixed you should still be able to use ditch corners as the base for stacks because the problem isn't with the ditches themselves.

Scotland
10-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Yeah not working like said above.

Ive already reported this, not sure if will be fixed or not.

Mr-Trainor
10-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh I noticed this earlier but thought it was just me not stacking properly :P.

Absently
10-05-2013, 11:35 PM
oh no, i hope this isn't permanent and they fix it, like with not being able to diag off chairs!!

Matt
11-05-2013, 11:59 AM
If this is a permanent change ill be so mad -.- I've reported it as well so I'm hoping on the next maintenance they fix it

Rakker
12-05-2013, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTteGQuvoG0

It's since the new Update, the ditch corners working fine?

LoveToStack
12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
While I said it already in edible's thread, it bears mentioning again in here. This feature of stacking has worked literally unchanged since rollers were introduced to the game. If this is a permanent change to the game and they undo what is literally years of people's detective work which was undergone to reach this stage then I'm out.

Spoltage
12-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I tried stacking with ditch corners earlier and then 1c coins neither worked. If this is a permanent fixture then that's allot of great stacking gone out the window!! (i know its not relevant but..) another glitch i'm hating is diaging has been turned off i.e u can diag next to a pod or a patch - ruining the game i'm designing atm so this better not be permanent!!

Sam

Pringe
12-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I hope diaging & stacking is just disabled temporarily. It may be disabled because... Well, that remains a mystery.. But it must be for a good cause (i hope). I highly doubt it's a permanent disability, because staff rooms use stacking, and I'm 99.9% sure that they use ditches, cds, z-shelves etc. to stack. Maybe there was an error during maintenance? :S

Lee

Bradley.
12-05-2013, 11:36 PM
better had only be a glitch i've been trying it all day thinking i was doing something wrong, it's really annoying me

MrBagheera
13-05-2013, 08:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTteGQuvoG0

It's since the new Update, the ditch corners working fine?

This is the first good bug report in a week.

The ditch stacking uses a bug in old implementation. Now there is a new code in place, the bug has gone. But since the bug had some merits, we have to see how we can bring back the desired behaviour. Maybe special "stacking gravity well" furni will do...

As for the horse_stable_fence - not sure what you are trying to achieve, those are not stackable?

Mr-Trainor
13-05-2013, 09:01 AM
This is the first good bug report in a week.

The ditch stacking uses a bug in old implementation. Now there is a new code in place, the bug has gone. But since the bug had some merits, we have to see how we can bring back the desired behaviour. Maybe special "stacking gravity well" furni will do...

As for the horse_stable_fence - not sure what you are trying to achieve, those are not stackable?
He's showing that, as I mentioned above, when you hover with 1 furni on top of another it looks as though it's going to stack.

MrBagheera
14-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Some insight - http://blog.habbo.com/2013/05/13/on-walking-and-stacking/

Ahlux
14-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Some insight - http://blog.habbo.com/2013/05/13/on-walking-and-stacking/

Thank you for the update my good sir! Glad the staff at Sulake are actually listening to the community this time around. One part that interested me in particular was:

And if I’ll have some time to spare in the coming weeks, Habbos may gain an ability to walk under stacked furnis, provided there is enough vertical separation. At least now this looks technically feasible.

This part, in my opinion, would be a huge bonus for users. I could name many times when this would have been useful.

Again, thank you for the update.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!